Vampire Mates

By kky_claud

"Maybe, Just maybe... this is all a big mistake." Meet Rosemarie 'Rose' Smith, the nerd. Being friends of... More

Prologue
1 - Demetri Arch
2 - Falling?
3 - So We Meet Again
4 - Another Man
5 - Venice, Italy, Pizza
7 - Day One
8 - What The...
9 - Xlinx?
10 - The Strange Disappearance
11 - Kidnappers Say What?
12 - A Clone? I Prefer Doppelganger
13 - The Trouble of Going to the Hospital
14 - And that was All in One Day
15 - Just a game of Twister
16 - Avoidance
17 - The Arrival
17 - The Arrival
18 - What the Hell
19 - The Vampire Realms of Alfea
Author's Note
20 - Move On?
21 - The Dress
22 - The Ball
23 - The Strange Happenings
24 - Meet Their Highnesses? More Like Meet the Parents
25 - Vampire
26 - The Return of the Lost Princess
27 - Final Choice
28 - Being Bad isn't All that Bad
29 - Don't Say Goodbye
30 - Finale
Final Words/Acknowledgements
Sneak Peak of Dark Mates - Sequel of Vampire Mates
Dark Mates, Author's Note
-the rewriting of vampire mates-
Vampire Mates - updated version
"Sunshine and Dynamite"

6 - Mates, Pains

34.9K 1.1K 204
By kky_claud

Vampire Mates
6: Mates, Pains

Rosemarie's POV

"Hey there," Bryan's soothing voice called. Spinning me around, he gently kissed my forehead as I smiled. He gently captured me in his arms.

"Hey Bryan," I greeted, my voice slightly muffling against the crook of his neck. "So, are you going to St. Petersburg," I stated as I sniffed in the minty waft of his aftershave.

"Yeah," Bryan said, sighing. "My grandfather was a communist-Nazi general, you know.” I arched my eyebrows. He chuckled, “Don’t tell anyone, or else I’d have to kill you.” He feign a murderous look. I smiled at his adorable face. “You aren’t up for any trips?”

"Nah," I shook my head as I looked up into his hazel eyes. "I've been saving up for the trip to Paris this year end. It's my dream city to go. You know... Paris, the city of love… I’m working extra shifts to get the extra cash." I said dreamily. Bryan smiled sweetly at me. “Plus, I learned how to speak French in my junior year.”

“Maybe one day we can go together," He said as he pecked my nose. I giggled. He gave me a shy smile, “And I’m going to pay for it.” My heart melted. Why couldn’t… couldn’t Demetri be this sweet towards me?

"Have you ever been in a really dedicated and long relationship before?” I asked curiously as we made our way over to the couch.

I felt Bryan’s piercing eyes on mine as I switched on the TV. Bryan gently took my hand and pried the remote control out of my grasp before muting the TV.

“No,” he said quietly, “but I could and I would, with you, if you let me.”

I felt my heart giddily jumped in my chest as his orbs stared into mine. He leaned in and closed the gap between us before placing his lips on mine. Our kiss was delicate and sweet, and lasted for a mere minute.

"Rosemarie Smith, would you be my girlfriend?" Bryan said, grinning.

"Of course, boyfriend," I said, grinning. His eyes glistened and shone as he leaned in to kiss me again, his hands on my waist.

Oh, if only he knew my eyes were set on another boy. A taken one, at that.

Demetri's POV

I cursed Lily under my breath as I swallowed the pint of blood that was on my table before rubbing the disinfectant that Shelly had provided me with. Did Lily seriously kiss this forcefully? The thought of that made me smile like a fool, and I couldn’t help but feel more or less a bit turned on.

‘But then...’ I thought, ‘who the heck is she kissing?’ I thought as I choke on the blood in my throat as I felt another pain rushing up my lips.

Would it be Bryan? No, it couldn’t be, he's with Rose. Hm... other options... Dana? Hell no! She's a girl and the last time I checked, they were absolutely straight.

I hope…

So.... who would it be? A complete stranger she met at a pub? A boy she’s having secret love affair with? The thought angered me. Then I realized maybe a certain someone would know.

I got up from my seat, sighing as I rubbed my temple. I set the jug of blood down on the table before heading out the door, down the elevator, and then went to the apartment at the east corner. I knocked twice on the door, but no one came to answer it. I heard a light muttering of words behind the door, and with my advanced hearings, I knew that there was someone in the apartment, for sure.

I tested the knob. It was unlocked. I scowled; that was dangerous, especially for my darling soul mate. As bad as it sounds, I would care a lot less if it was either Rose or Dana alone in the apartment.

So I twisted the metallic knob and pushed the door open, before noticing that Rose and Bryan, her new boyfriend or something, sharing a passionate kiss on the couch. For some reasons, my heart galloped in my chest and faltered a bit in hurt, and I felt a heat in my stomach, one that fueled my anger and urged me to go and rip Bryan’s head off from Rose’s.

What was it that was I feeling…?

Could it be jealousy? Could I be jealous towards Bryan because he was kissing Rose?

Yes, I was jealous at the fact that they had a perfect relationship and I don’t, no matter how much I show in my eyes that I absolutely 100% adore Lily, and might even be falling, fast, for her.

I wasn’t jealous of Bryan because he had Rose. In a way, yes, because he had someone to kiss and hold, and the other person is willing. But I wasn’t jealous that he was with Rose because it was particularly the person Rose.

So no. I don’t like Rose, at all. I like Lily. Heck, maybe even Dana would stand a better chance than Rose.

I don’t like her.

But why did I hesitate and took a sparing glance when I walked out the door, to get back to my bachelor apartment?

Whatever. As long as in my heart I know that she was definitely not the one for me.

Rosemarie’s Point of View

Bryan had left, and I was alone in the apartment. Lily and Dana went to get a massage (Dana’s treat, seeing that she was as rich as Hades—god of riches—himself. I was invited too, but I turned down their offer; I had work.

The doorbell jingled as I opened the glass door. Behind the counter, Mari-Anne smiled at me.

“Hello Rosemarie,” Mari-Anne said, her voice thick with a Spanish accent. The first day I met her, I had introduced myself as Rosemarie, but she could call me Rose. She had immediately waggled her calloused hand in front of my face and said, ‘Rosemarie is too much a beautiful name to be cut short.’

“Hola, Mari-Anne,” I said. She let out a light chuckle. I slipped into my apron and began making my way behind the cashier to assist Mari-Anne.

As my hand accidentally brushed past Mari-Anne’s, she gasped and pulled away her hand immediately. I stared at her, puzzled. “Is there something wrong?”

Mari-Anne had a look of distraught and fear in her eyes as she mumbled something under her breath in Spanish. She shakily reached for my hands and touched the tips of my every finger. She gasped as her eyes opened, widening in shock and a tinge of fear.

No, no, no, esto no puede estar pasando…” Mari Anne said as she grabbed my other hand too, and felt my pulse and then began drawing patterns on my palm with her index finger. After a moment of silence, she grabbed a kitchen knife and began reaching out for her own finger.

“Um, Mari-Anne, what are you doing?” I said warning before she pricked her thumb gently. Drips of blood slowly trickled down to her palm. Her shaky hand made its way to mine and her blood dripped onto my fingers.

“For now, you are safe from the evil,” She whispered before collapsing to the floor.

Greyson’s Point of View

"Argh!” I screamed, the agonizing pain getting to me as I twisted and turned on the ground, my back arched upwards as the cold sweat dripped down my forehead, and onto my cheeks. I groaned in pain as I rolled on the cold marble tiles.

"What's going on?" Alex asked, panicking. She set the bucket of ice beside me, as I've requested just now for some when I’d started feeling the excruciating pain that surged through me quickly, spreading like a wildfire.

“Just... Please leave me here on my own, please." I moaned in pain. She nodded and went out the room, but not before giving me a concerned look as she closed the door behind it as she went out.

I poured the ice on me and my burning forehead and let out a quick sigh of relief as the burning toned down a bit, but I could still feel the stinging sensation.

I laid there unsure of what to do. So I stayed there in the ice. The pain slowly wore off but my heart was thumping against my ribcage, and my head spun, giving me a bad headache – one as bad as the time where I had gotten drunk at a pub, due to too much of alcoholic consumption. Slowly after 15 minutes, the pain stopped completely, but I had this longing feeling in my heart, and there was this pull.

I shook my head and I went out — I was probably just tired from the pain. As I walked out, I noticed there was another girl sitting there talking with Alex. Alex saw me and called me over. I went to her and she gestured me to sit down.

I did as I was told and the girl next to her smiled sincerely. "I'm Dr. Shelly Nyx and I received a call from Alexandra here, your sister." She -- Dr. Nyx – stated. “She said that you were feeling some pain?”

"Yes," I said. “I felt a stinging pain at my chest, somewhere near my heart, and my vision went blurry, and I felt like I was having an asthma attack. My forehead was burning and I was dizzy. I couldn’t stand straight.”

"Was there any other places that hurt?" She asked, jotting something down on a piece of paper that was pinned against a clipboard. "Lips, ears, throat, anything?"

"Well, my neck hurt a little. And after that episode of pain, I have a longing feeling… like the urge to go to someone and kiss the life out of them – passionately.”

She chuckled slightly before replying. "So I’ve thought. You have a slightly different case of Mateolysis. Do you have a soul-mate?" She asked. How random...

"Um, well, obviously, I don’t? We aren’t supposed to."

"Well, you do. Well, more like, a vampire has a mate, which is you. This occurs when you’re paired with someone, someone who’s connected to you, therefore when the time comes, you will feel a very strong pull, and you will follow where your heart tells you to go, and you will end up with your soul mate.

So... did she mean…

"So, congrats, Greyson, You have a mate!"

What. The. Hell?

Author’s Note: There you go! I hope you liked it. I edited this chapter. For those chapters that doesn’t have the {edited} sign on it, it probably is a very shitty chapter.

Love,
kky_claud

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 90.4K 39
"What is it about you, Kira?" Oliver asked, more to himself than me, in a whisper. I could hardly breathe with him being so close and my heart was po...
776K 34.1K 45
We're brought into this world to live; eat, learn, sleep, repeat, repeat, and repeat again. Until eventually the time comes when we die. Or at least...
617K 29.5K 43
{{ 1 of 3 Mates Pull sequels }} After the death of her mother Mariah thought her life was officially over, she and her brother moved back to their mo...
9 0 7
A student taking classes for a degree in Vampire-Human Alliances (a sociology degree) is stunned to learn that she has been placed with the most hist...