Her Heart Keeper ✔

By Sunshine_writes_27

《An Indian Romantic Love Story》 《Under Editing 》 She is not ready for this marriage but then she doesn't have... More

Prologue
Characters
~ 1 ~
~ 2 ~
~ 3 ~
~ 4 ~
~ 5 ~
~ 6 ~
~ 7 ~
~ 8 ~
~ 9 ~
~ 10 ~
~ 11 ~
~ 12 ~
~ 13 ~
~ 14 ~
~ 15 ~
~ 16 ~
~ 17 ~
~ 18 ~
~ 19 ~
~ 20 ~
~ 21 ~
~ 22 ~
~ 23 ~
~ 24 ~
~ 25 ~
~ 26 ~
~ 27 ~
~ 28 ~
~ 29 ~
~ 30 ~
~ 31 ~
~ 32 ~
~ 33 ~
~ 34 ~
~ 35 ~
~ 36 ~
~ 37 ~
~ 38 ~
~ 40 ~
~ 41 ~
~ 42 ~
~ 43 ~
~ 44 ~
~ 45 ~
~ 46 ~
~ 47 ~
~ 48 ~
~ 49 ~
~ 50 ~
~ 51 ~
~ 52 ~
~ 53 ~
~ 54 ~
~ 55 ~
~ 56 ~
~ 57 ~
Families
~ 58 ~
~ 59 ~
~ 60 ~
~ 61 ~
~ 62 ~
~ 63 ~
~ 64 ~
~ 65 ~
~ 66 ~
~ 67 ~
~ 68 ~
~ 69 ~
~ 70 ~
~ 71 ~
~ 72 ~
~ 73 ~
~ 74 ~
~ 75 ~
~ 76 ~
~ 77 ~
~ 78 ~
~ 79 ~
~ 80 ~
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
New Story!!

~ 39 ~

4.6K 310 50
By Sunshine_writes_27

Hola guys!

This book has reached 12K+ views and 2K+ votes.

And thank you everyone for your support and love. Without your support I would not have reached here.

Anyways, long chapter ahead.

Enjoy it.

Author's POV:

"And then, on the engagement day, Chytra blamed me for cheating on her brother, which never happened. She blamed me for using him and leaving him. She even said, I am marrying you because you are more wealthy than he is. I don't understand one thing, Avi. Why would I use his money when I earn more than he does? I used to work part-time during my college days, and I even have a blog and am a writer. My parents have millions of rupees in their bank account. They are one of the owners of "Arya Farm Fresh Foods Ltd.," which is one of the top 5 organic food companies in the world. They also own many properties in India and abroad."

"I could have destroyed his life with my one word, but I didn't. I gave him a chance to change, rectify his mistakes, and move on in his life. When she blamed me, I really couldn't withstand her words. Then Anna came out of nowhere, slapped her, and showed her her place. He'd been blaming himself for the past three years, believing Rajesh came into my life because of him. I told him many times that there was no fault of his. That night, I decided to confront Rajesh. Sravya and Anna were reluctant at first but then agreed after understanding my point of view. Then, the next evening, I met him at the temple. He acted all innocent and said sorry for all his mistakes in the past. I warned him not to interfere in my life and also told him that this time I would take serious action. I really felt good that day, as I thought I was relieved of a burden. But how can that devil let me live peacefully?"

Flashback:

Maya and Avi went to Maya's house as part of the ritual. That was their wedding night. She went inside her room and saw him standing on the balcony, looking at the sky. She went to him and placed her hand on his shoulder, giving him a break from his thoughts. She forwarded the milk glass to him. He drank half of the milk and passed it to her while she drank the other half, scrunching her nose. He chuckled, looking at her while she pouted. Both of them sat on the couch, silently gazing at the twinkling stars in the dark sky. She placed her head on his shoulder and encircled her hand around his arm. After some time, he looked at her and saw her sleeping peacefully. He kissed her head and slowly picked her up in his arms. He made her lie on the bed, and he lied beside her and covered them with the comforter. She hugged him tightly in her sleep while he pulled her close to him.

She looked so beautiful in that white saree of hers, making him lose his sanity. Only he knows how much he has controlled his raging hormones. He knew both of them needed time, and he would wait for her all his life. He kissed her head, and slowly, he too drifted to sleep.

The next morning, Maya and Sravya were in the kitchen preparing breakfast with the help of maids when Sakshi (Maya's mother) entered the kitchen. Maya greeted her mother, who gave her a small nod. She sighed and went to her room with a coffee cup for Avi. She woke him up and gave him coffee. Meanwhile, she cleared the decorations that were in the room and set the bed properly. She took all his essentials from their bag and placed them on the bed. Avi went to freshen up after having his coffee, while she sat on the balcony lost in her thoughts. She didn't know why, but she was getting negative vibes, as if something bad was going to happen. She sighed and closed her eyes.

Avi came out of the bathroom after completing all his chores and taking a shower. He saw all his essentials placed on the bed. He wore his dress and saw her sitting on the balcony, closing her eyes. There are frowns on her forehead. He went near her and shook her. She was startled for a moment, but she sighed at seeing him. She went in to change her dress.

She was searching for a saree in her closet when he stood behind her.

"What are you doing?" He asked, placing his chin on her shoulder and sneaking his hands around her waist.

His hot breath, fanning against her neck, made her weak in the knees.

"Saree," she told him meekly, as she was badly affected by their close proximity.

"What's wrong with this dress? You look beautiful," he said, turning her around.

"For you, but not for everyone. Now please don't argue with me and help me," said Maya.

He sighed, picked up a saree, and gave it to her.

"This saree is beautiful, Bunny. But is this yours?" Avi asked, giving the saree to her.

Maya laughed and said, "That's not mine, Avi. It's Nanamma's saree. I asked Thathayya to give me some of her sarees."

"Oh, you go and change. I'll go out." saying that he left the closet and sat on the bed when he got a call.

After some time, she came out of the closet and saw him talking to someone on his mobile. She sat on the bed, scrolling through his phone.

Avi came inside and got mesmerized, looking at his love. "Bunny?"

Maya looked at him and got up.

He was mesmerised by her. The yellow thread adorning her neck, the vermilion in her hairline, those bangles on her hands, along with the dark red mehendi, and her grandmother's saree suited her perfectly. She looked so beautiful in that saree. He took slow steps towards her while she moved backward. Maya's legs hit the bed, making both of them fall on it. He tucked her hair behind her ear and pulled her closer to him. Her breath became uneven due to the proximity. He nuzzled his face into her neck and inhaled her lavender fragrance, making her breath hitch. He kissed her nape while she clutched his shoulder. She hugged him tightly, feeling shy.

After some time, both of them left downstairs. Everyone sat down to have their breakfast while Maya and Sravya were serving them.

"Chinnu, Maya, both of you sit down and have your breakfast. We can serve ourselves," Avi said, looking at Maya and Sravya.

Both Sravya and Maya sat with them and served themselves. Soon, everyone had their breakfast and settled in the living room.

Avi and Maya went to Maya's room.

"I have to go to my office as my presence is needed," said Avi.

Maya nodded her head and asked, "Will you go home?"

"Yeah! I have to get an important file. He grabbed his phone and car keys." He kissed her forehead and said, "Don't wait for me for lunch. I'll have it in the office. Take care and eat properly, okay?"

Maya nodded her head, and both of them went down, and she bid him bye. She went to the kitchen and saw Sravya and Anju chopping the vegetables. Sakshi was preparing sweets while Janaki and Jhansi sat on the chairs near the kitchen counter doing something.

"Amma, Avi went to the office as he had an important meeting, and he told me that he wouldn't be coming for lunch as he had a meeting," said Maya.             

Sakshi nodded her head and asked, "Did you guys consummate?"

Maya was perplexed listening to her question and thought, "What the hell was she asking her? Of course, she is her mother, and she has the right to ask her. But there is something called "privacy."

Anju glared at her sister. Can't she keep quiet and do her work? Jhansi and Janaki sighed, listening to her. Maya lowered her head and shook her head in denial.

"What do you mean by that, Ammu?" Sakshi asked her sternly. 

"We didn't," Maya said meekly.

"Why?" asked Sakshi.

Sravya looked at her Atta (aunt/mami) wide-eyed and thought, "What does she mean by why? For God's sake, it's between the couple, and why is she poking her nose into the matter? First of all, they didn't agree to follow her dream, then they made her quit the job and told her to prepare for UPSC, then they started searching for alliances as she failed in the first attempt, and then the marriage happened so quickly. Why can't they understand that she needs time to get adjusted? Can't they give her enough freedom?" 

While the other three ladies shook their heads in disappointment. The other two looked at Anju, and she blinked her eyes.

Maya took a deep breath and said, "I and Avi have already talked about it, Amma."

Anju glared at her elder sister and said, "Akka, will you stop questioning her? It's between the couple. She knows what to do and what not to do. First, let her get comfortable with the changes. I don't know, when will you understand this simple thing?"

"What's there to get comfortable with? She knew him from her childhood," said Sakshi.

Listening to her sister, Anjali wanted to bang her head somewhere.

"Are we really discussing it, Akka? For God's sake, it's between her and her husband. She is telling you, right? That they have talked. So, leave this topic here. You know what? It's just a waste of time to argue with you," said Anju.

"What's going on, ladies?" Vani asked, coming inside the kitchen.

Maya gave her water and went out, taking two glasses of water for Shekar and Gayatri.

"Nothing!" Janaki said, breaking the silence. Soon, all the ladies got busy with work.

Sravya came out of the kitchen and looked for Maya.                 

"Siri, where is Mayu?" Sravya asked Siri, who was playing chess with Raghav.

"Akka went to her room, Vadina. She looked dull. I don't know what happened. Do you know anything?" said Siri.

"Nothing; she must be missing Anna. You see, he ditched his newlywed wife and left for the office. Don't worry, okay," Sravya said, patting her head, and left for Maya's room.

Sravya entered Maya's room and saw her sitting on the bed, resting her head on the headboard, with her eyes closed.

She sighed, went and sat beside her, and said, "Mayu?"

"Yeah!" she said, opening her eyes. She blinked her eyes twice to hide her tears.

"Trying to hide your tears?" Sravya asked her.

Maya shook her head in denial and lowered her head. Sravya hugged her and comforted her.

"Don't take her words to heart, Mayu." Before she could speak further, they heard Sakshi calling Maya's name.

--------------------------------------

Both of them went down and saw her parents talking to someone. Their faces paled when they looked at the people in front of them. There stood the devils of Maya's life: Rajesh, Chytra, and Vyshali, sitting royally on the sofa with a smirk playing on their lips.

Maya's breath hitched as she looked at them. She looked around and saw all the elder ladies except Sakshi glaring at them. The men looked dismayed by their presence. Arjun was feeling uncomfortable due to Chytra's gaze. Arpita and Sravya were murdering them with their eyes. They sent the twins away with Siri, Nandan, and Vicky.

"I'm sorry, Attayya (aunt) and Mamayya (uncle). I know whatever I'm going to say now will hurt you guys, but I have to tell you guys," Vyshali said, breaking the silence and making an innocent face.

"What do you want to say?" Janaki asked her rudely.

"Actually, Rajesh and Maya loved each other," Vyshali said, looking down.

Maya, Arjun, Sravya, and Anjali widened their eyes, listening to her.

"What the hell? This woman is saying rubbish. Why would my sister love this good-for-nothing man?" Arjun said, glaring at three devils.

If looks could kill a person, then they would have been on the 6-foot ground.

"I know, Arjun, you are angry at our family, but that doesn't change the truth. They had been in love with each other since their college days. She used to demand gifts, flowers, and chocolates for him. He even used to go to meet her. She used to make him pay all her expenses. Then, one day, she broke up with him, saying that he wasn't compatible with her family and that he wasn't capable of fulfilling her wishes. She also told him that she just wanted to take revenge for what Chytra had done to Arjun. He was so heartbroken and devastated. He started neglecting his health and didn't even come out of his room for months. He tried to make her understand, but she blocked his number and all his accounts on social media. I even met Arjun and apologised to him for whatever Chytra had done to him. But he supported his sister. She even came to meet Rajesh the next day of her engagement along with Sravya and Arjun." Listening to this, Arjun and Sravya looked at her wide-eyed. "If you want, I can show you the proof. I know that whatever Chytra did was wrong, and she shouldn't have done that on that day. But what was Rajesh's mistake in that?" Said Vyshali.

Maya has tears in her eyes as she listens to Vyshali's words. Arjun held her tight, understanding her situation. He again cursed himself for loving that woman.

Before Vyshali could speak further, Vani gave her a tight slap. Vyshali looked at her, perplexed. Vani went to Rajesh and made him stand. She slapped his cheeks continuously. Chytra squirmed in her seat, looking at Vani's aggressive mode. They definitely didn't expect this. And that, too, from Vani.

"Why are you slapping them, Vani? When Maya was wrong," Sakshi said, giving a mini-heart attack to everyone.

Everyone snapped their heads at her. Maya looked at her mother with tears in her eyes. Doesn't she trust her daughter?

"Akka, are you really believing their stupid story?" Anjali asked her sister.

"What if they are telling the truth, Anju? And they even said that they had proof?" Rishi asked her.

"You are just great, Akka and Bava. You are believing the same family that was once responsible for the pain that my son and our family have to go through," Janaki said angrily.

"They might have once committed a mistake, Janu, but why would they commit mistakes every time?" said Sakshi.

"Is she really my Peddamma? How could she trust those snakes over us?" Arjun thought.

"So, are you believing them over me, Amma?" Maya asked her mother, looking at her with pain.

"We are always proud of you, Maya. We know you love Arjun. But we didn't expect that you would do something like this, which would bring shame to us," Rishi said, looking everywhere but her.

"Are you guys crazy, Pedananna (bade papa/uncle)? Are you believing them over us? Those backstabbers. And my sister is not cheap like them, playing with someone's feelings just to take stupid revenge. I don't care if you trust her or not, but I'll stand with her," Arjun said angrily.

"She is saying that they have proof with them, Arjun. And they look so confident. We don't want to make a mistake like Gowri Akka and Kishore Bava. They supported their daughter without knowing the entire truth. Now we don't want to commit the same mistake as them," said Rishi.

"But I do trust my granddaughter, Rishi. I don't know, why are you trusting these people over your own daughter? I know Ammu will never do anything like that. I trust our upbringing. She knows the value of a relationship, and she never does anything that would hurt us," said Harinath. "And you, Mrs. Vyshali," he said, pointing at Vyshali, and asked, "You were saying something. Please continue that."

Vyshali gulped hard. She knew that the people in front of her could destroy them at the snap of their fingers. But she couldn't lose this opportunity. Her parents partially believed their words. That's enough.

"We tried to make her understand, but she was firm with her decision. Rajesh is gradually becoming depressed. He has stopped mingling with people, and he goes to his office rarely. When she agreed to marry Avinav, we gave up. We told him to move on in his life, but when he was trying to move on from his life, she again called him and told him to meet him in the temple. She told him that she would leave Avi after six months, saying that she wasn't happy with him." And, before she could utter nonsense, she got a hard slap this time from Revathi.

Gayatri threw a disgusted look at the trio. Maya let out a chuckle, listening to the story Vyshali had now created.

"So you were saying that I loved this piece of sh*t who left no stone unturned to destroy my sanity," Maya said, pointing at Rajesh. "You were saying that I would leave my Avi, for this swine."

Rajesh, Vyshali, and Chytra cringed at listening to her words, while the youngsters controlled their laughter.

"Maya! Speak decently!" Rishi scolded her.

"Just cut the crap, Nanna. We should speak with those who deserve it. Not with filthy people and bloody opportunists like them," Maya said, throwing daggers at those three devils.

"Mind your words, Maya," Chytra said rudely.

"Look who is speaking—the girl who traps every rich boy and ditches them after her work has been completed. Sit silently before I cut that tongue of yours and feed it to my dogs," Sravya warned her.

Chytra looked at Arjun, who was standing beside his sister like a pillar.

"Chinnu," Harinath said sternly. "Just because they are stooping low doesn't mean we should also stoop low like them. And you, young lady, why would my Ammu use your brother's money? He's not even worthy of my granddaughter's toe. Her earnings are many times greater than those of your brother. She never demanded anything from her parents, and you were saying that she demanded gifts from your so-called brother and made him pay her bills. If it were not for Arjun, he would have remained jobless. Though her parents always gave her money, she never used it. She used to work part-time during her college days. And she is the granddaughter and daughter of one of the wealthiest businessmen in Asia. And she is the 35-percent shareholder of "ARYA Farm Fresh Foods Ltd." And you were saying that my Ammu used your brother for money, who doesn't even have a stable job."

"Come on, old man. Just because we are listening doesn't mean you can say whatever you want. Nobody knows the CEO of that company," said Rajesh.

"Okay, do you guys know the meaning of ARYA?" Harinath asked them and then looked at everyone.

Everyone looked at him for an answer, except the elders, who had a smile on their lips.

(Madhav and Savitri - Parents of Rishi and Jhansi.

Shiva Prasad and Jaya - Parents of Jai and Vani

Venkatraman and Gayatri - Parents of Shekar

Harinath and Revathi - Parents of Sakshi and Anjali)

"ARYA name represents Arjun and Maya."

Arjun and Maya were surprised to hear that.

"It was started by my brothers-in-law, Madhav and Shiva, 16 years ago for their grandchildren. They had always noticed their interest in farming, and so they established it 16 years ago in their name. Arjun and Maya are the major shareholders of the company. Rishi and Jai took care of the company till now, but they were just the guardians of it. And coming to the CEO, Arjun has never wanted to make a public appearance."

Chytra looked at Arjun wide-eyed, while Arjun smirked at her.

"Thank God! I didn't tell that witch that I'm the CEO," Arjun thought in his mind.

"What do you think, Chytra? That he is simply a farmer who grows crops. That's why you left him, didn't you? Yes, he still does farming. So, what? If you are eating food daily, then that's because many farmers like him are working hard to provide healthy food for us. It's okay if you don't respect them, but don't insult them. You forgot that your grandfather and father were also farmers once upon a time. And my grandson is giving support to the families of many farmers," said Harinath.

Chytra lowered her head, embarrassed.

Harinath looked at her and asked, "And, Vyshali, why are you saying all this now?"

"Because we wanted to tell you guys about her real character. She is not innocent, as you guys are thinking. We don't want to spoil Avi's life; that's why we came to tell you. And we wanted to be guilt-free," said Vyshali.

"You said that she met your brother the next day of her engagement, right? That means there are still two weeks until their marriage. You could have told us at that time if you wanted to. Then why now?" Revathi asked her.

The three of them looked stupefied after listening to her question. Damn, it's becoming hard as everyone is cornering them from all sides.

"It looks like they don't have a story to tell now," Gayatri said, rolling her eyes.

"What proof do you guys have to prove that my daughter is the culprit?" Rishi asked them.

"Uncle, we have photos whenever they have met. And you can also ask her friends," Chytra said, handing them the edited photos.

Sakshi took those photos from her and went furiously towards Maya. She was about to slap Maya when Revathi held her hand. She was glaring at her elder daughter. She was totally disappointed with her daughter's and son-in-law's behaviour.

"Why did you stop me, Amma? See what your granddaughter has done." She looked at Maya and said, "Prove that you are innocent, or else give a divorce to Avinav."

Everyone gasped while listening to her, and Maya let out a chuckle. Her eyes were hollow and held a lot of pain. Arjun looked at Vyshali and Chytra, whose eyes were twinkling with joy.

Revathi slapped her daughter and asked, "What the hell are you speaking of, Sakshi? Chi, are you a mother? You want to destroy your daughter's marriage. Is this what I have taught you? Are you really my elder daughter, Sakshi? After everything that has happened in the past, how can you trust these cheaters? I'm totally disappointed today."

Revathi sighed and sat on the sofa with a thud. She wasn't understanding her daughter. She couldn't see any emotions on her daughter's face. A few tears left her eyes, looking at the pain on her granddaughter's face.

Maya let out a chuckle, listening to her mother's words. Her eyes were hollow and held a lot of pain. "So, you trusted them over me. Fine, Amma. But if you think I'll give divorce to my husband, then it will happen over my dead body." Everyone shouted her name, but she continued, "You believed them after listening to their fake story and seeing those fake photos. Except for that temple one. Yes, I went to meet him at the temple that day along with Sravya and Anna, but we knew why we went, and now I wouldn't even like to give you explanations because you don't deserve them. I definitely know who the victim is and who bore all the pain all these years. I have many proofs with me to prove him wrong, but I won't show them to you because you guys lost that right."

"Then prove your love for Avi; I'm giving you six months' time," said Sakshi.

"I'm giving you and them one month, Amma. Prove to me that he was the victim." Maya said, pointing at Rajesh. "It won't take me even a minute to prove that I'm innocent. But I'm giving you one month. I think it's more than enough for you to gather all the evidence. Prove to me that he is innocent, and then I'll go far away from all of you. But remember this, Amma: The moment you find out the truth, you will lose your daughter. The relationship between us will end. I have never known that you guys trust me this much." She chuckled and said, "Today might be his day. But a day will come when he loses all his relationships and stands in the same position as I do today. That day, you'll understand who is wrong and who is not."

"But I have to thank you for one thing, Amma. Because of you, guys, I have a big family that stood beside me when my own parents didn't trust me. Today I came to know who my true family is. And I married the person I love and the person who loves me the most, as well as great-in-laws who stood by their daughter-in-law when her own parents didn't believe in her." Maya went and stood in front of Vani and Shekar and joined her hands in front of them.

They shook their heads and hugged her tightly.

Maya broke the hug and said, "I don't know whether you guys love me or not. But I have always loved and respected you. I have always trusted your decisions and thought that you guys took any decision for my goodness' sake only. You were not the same person that I knew as a kid. Both of you have changed a lot in these 12 years, and I don't know what changed you. I saw some longingness in your eyes. The same yearning that I and Nandan have for you guys. In the past, I have always wanted to know the reason behind your change, but now it doesn't matter to me. Anyway, all the best to both of you and him."

With that, Maya ran to her room without looking back.

Few words about Maya's parents.

So what will be Avi's reaction now? Now that he came to know about her past.

What do you guys think about Rajesh and his sister's?

Umm, who is your favourite person apart from Maya and Avi. Mine is obviously my Ajju.

Tata. Will meet you in the next chapter.

Until then, take care and keep smiling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
47.3K 3.5K 17
"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒒𝒂" - 𝑽𝒊𝒉𝒂𝒂𝒏 "𝑰 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕...
21.7K 2.1K 25
He is still didn't move on from his ex love but getting ready to marry another girl but he didn't married her instead married to another girl. Confu...
35K 3.3K 63
• She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. • Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...