Under The Mask ๐ŸŽญ (a Miraculo...

By lazywriter8

Cat Noir squeezes her hand. "Please... I need you to stay." A tear sneaks down Marinette's cheek. "Kitty, th... More

Prologue
-1- Each Other's Company
-2- Sweet Irony
-4- Curiosity Killed The Cat
-5- Realization
-6- The Cat's Meow
-7- A Baking Disaster
-8- Art Galleries and Jealousy
-9- Paris at Night
-10- More Than A Friend
-11- Late Night Calls
-12- Daddy's Approval
-13- Secret Gifts and Fashion Shows
-14- Detective Plagg
-15- Evillustrator 2
-16- Cat's Intuition
-17- Seventeen
-18- A Close Cataclysm
-19- Blue Eyed Nightmares
-20- Kissing The Wrong Lips
-21- Double Sided Confessions
-22- Lila
-23- Looks Can Be Deceiving
-24- Patrol With a Bug & Cat
-25- Voicemail
-26- Exposed
-27- Just Friends
-28- Ladybug's Mistake
-29- Parting Ways
-30- Plagg, Claws In
-31- The Reveal
-32- Playing Mom and Dad
-33- London Boy
-34- Switch and Bait
-35- The Butterfly Lair
-36- Kagami's Instinct
-37- Through The Looking Glass
-38- Loyalty
-39- Sudden Fists
-40- Caught and Captured
-41- Family Ties
-42- Dark Wings Fall
-43- Hero's Day Gala
Epilogue- Emelie's Garden
Other Stories
Author's Note
100k

-3- Bookworm

3.1K 80 31
By lazywriter8

"These seems like a good angle for this last shot," Nino tells Marinette and Adrien as they stand on the Eiffel Tower, preparing to shoot the kissing scene. Marinette's more than nervous; she's absolutely terrified and excited.

The two share a look and blush, both scratching the back of their neck.

"It has to be believable," Alya tells them, grinning. She can't believe they're about to kiss and, technically, it was all Adrien's idea. She side eyes him before walking back over to Nino. "So, give it all you got."

Marinette and Adrien face each other. "So... we're about to kiss, huh? I brushed my teeth before we left so I should be all good." She nervously laughs and turns to look at Alya for help.

"Don't worry, Marinette." Adrien places a hand on her shoulder. "This part shouldn't be too hard."

Speak for yourself. Marinette straightens her shoulders and takes in a deep breath. "Okay. I'm ready."

Alya squeals. "Ahh!"

Marinette glares at her as Adrien questions her with an eyebrow.

"I'm just excited to put this on my Ladyblog," Alya defends, laughing. "It's gonna go viral."

"Okay." Nino aims the camera at them. "It's getting dark soon, so no mess ups! Ready? Action!"

Acting as Ladybug, Marinette walks up to Adrien and places her hands on his chest. "It's too dangerous for us to be together, Cat Noir. If Hawkmoth knew our true identities, we could be putting each other in danger."

Adrien places a finger on Marinette's chin and tilts her head up. "Milady, I want you and only you. I don't care about Hawkmoth or the supervillains he creates. I'd protect you with my life. You know that."

There's butterflies in Marinette's stomach. "We can't, Cat Noir. It's too risky." She turns around, frowning, and Adrien grabs her hand and spins her around. "Cat—"

"Then if we can't be together, then..." He takes in a deep breath. "Can we at least share a kiss? For old time's sake?"

Marinette nods. "Of course, my kitty."

Alya watches in amazement as Marinette and Adrien lean in closer. He places his hands around her waist as their faces inch closer until their lips are touching. Marinette's heart explodes the longer Adrien kisses her.

"Cut!" Nino shouts, but they don't pull away. "Dudes. Dudes! I said cut!"

Eyes wide, Marinette and Adrien jump back from each other. "Huh? What?"

"That was amazing!" Alya cheers.

Marinette couldn't feel her legs. She just kissed Adrien! She felt like she was about to pass out. "Is the scene finished?"

"Totally. And it was awesome!" Nino starts putting his equipment away. "No interruptions—"

Spoken too soon. Down below, people start screaming in the park. The four of them run over to the ledge and look down. A new supervillain is attacking Paris. Bookworm, as she calls herself. She stands six feet tall, wearing a purple neon suit. Each step she takes leaves a purple footprint on the ground. She writes something in her notebook and a couple turns into pigeons. Marinette and Adrien's eyes widen. They needed to transform, but with Alya and Nino around neither one of them had a good excuse.

"Awesome!" Alya screams, already filming on her phone. "This is so going on the Ladyblog!"

"Alya!" Marinette says, grabbing her hand. "We have to go! It's not safe up here!"

"She's right." Adrien steps forward. "Let's go down and find a safe place to hide."

Alya pouts. "Fine. But I'm still filming." Nino grabs her hand and they race down. "Don't make me drop my phone!"

Out of instinct, Adrien grabs Marinette's hand and they follow after them. She still couldn't believe that she had just kissed Adrien. Aw, Adrien... Her thoughts snap her back when she trips on a step and falls into Adrien, causing them both to fall. "I'm so sorry," She mutters as Adrien helps her stand. "You should just leave me. My clumsiness will only get in the way." She's trying to find an excuse away from Adrien so she can transform into Ladybug.

"Not a chance, Marinette." He held her hand tight and continued running down. "I would never leave you behind." Before he could turn into Cat Noir, he wanted to make sure Marinette was safe. Nothing else mattered.

Once they reached the bottom of the Eiffel Tower, Alya let go of Nino's hand and ran towards the supervillain. "ALYA!" Nino chases after her.

Bookworm turns and spots Alya and Nino. "Ah, what do we have here?" Smirking, she writes in her book. "You two will make wonderful statues!" She points her pen at them, a purple ball of light flying and hitting them. They become statues.

"No!" Marinette and Adrien scream.

Bookworm eyes them. "Two more? This should be fun."

"Run, Marinette!" Adrien screams, taking off in the other direction. If he wants to protect Marinette, he has to transform now. He runs into an alley and leans against the wall.

Plagg flies out. "Do you think Ladybug will be jealous when she finds out you kissed Marinette?" He teases.

"Not now, Plagg. I have to protect Marinette." Adrien holds his hand up. "Plagg, claws out!"

Marinette takes off running and hides in a dumpster just as Bookworm passes. "I need to transform. Tikki, spots on!" In a flash of pink she was Ladybug, and used her yo-yo to reach the roof. Cat Noir comes running up to her. "Good timing, Kitty."

"Always, Milady." Cat Noir grabs her hand and lifts it up to kiss it.

"Not time for flirting, Cat Noir." Ladybug pushes his hand away. "Did you happen to run into Adrien? Is he safe?"

Cat Noir nods. "Yeah, he's safe. Wait. How did you know Adrien was here?"

"I, uh..." Her eyes widen. "I saw him with some friends making a movie or something."

"Oh." Cat Noir nods. "What about Marinette? Is she safe?"

Ladybug nods. "Yeah—wait, how did you know she was here?"

"Same reason as you," He whispers, nodding. "So, how are we going to defeat Bookworm?"

"Whatever she writes in her book comes to life with her pen." Ladybug crouches down and brings Cat Noir with her. "I'm guessing the akuma is either in her pen or the book."

"What about both?" Cat Noir asks, scooting closer to Ladybug. "She could have been holding both at the same time."

"That's possible." She turns to look at him and frowns when his face is close. "Haven't you ever heard of personal space, Cat Noir?"

He smirks. "What? You don't like being this close to me?"

Closing her eyes, Ladybug rubs her forehead and sighs. She places her hand on Cat Noir's face and pushes him away. "Let's just defeat Bookworm."

"Ladybug and Cat Noir!" Bookworm appears behind them. They turn around with wide eyes. "You'll be a perfect accessory for my book. Make it a #1 bestseller!"

"We can't let her write in that book!" Ladybug uses her yo-yo to knock Bookworm off balance. She drops her pen. "Cat Noir, the pen!" As he leaps off to grab it, Bookworm kicks Ladybug in the chest, sending her flying off the building.

"Milady!" Cat Noir dives off head first and grabs Ladybug, wrapping an arm around her waist. He uses his staff for a safe landing and sets her down. "I guess you could say you'll be falling for me in no time."

Ladybug rolls her eyes. "Bookworm has her pen back. We have to be careful. We can't let that purple light touch us." Grabbing her yo-yo, she throws it in the air, screaming, "Lucky Charm!" A book falls into her hands. "Another book? What are we going to do with this?" She looks around for clues. Bookworm's book glows, along with Cat Noir's staff and a jacket laying on the ground. "Cat, you think you can give me a boost with your stick?"

"Of course, Bugaboo." Cat Noir extends his staff, waiting. After Ladybug grabs the jacket, she balances herself on the silver pole. "So, what exactly am I doing?"

"On three, you're going to fling me up!" Ladybug points at the top of the building. "I'm going to try and get her book."

"I love the way you think, Milady."

Ladybug smiles. "Okay. One. Two. Three!" Cat Noir throws her in the air and she flies to the top. She twists off into a backflip and covers Bookworm's head with the jacket. She lands behind her, smiling, but is thrown against the roof door. Her head bounces off as she falls. "Oh..." She whispers, rubbing her forehead.

"You thought you could defeat me?" Bookworm walks up to Ladybug. A purple silhouette appears on her face. "First, you're going to give me your miraculous!"

"Never!" Ladybug defends.

"You think you have a choice?" Bookworm clicks her pen. "I'll just write it." She scribbles in her book and aims her pen at Ladybug. "You will give me your miraculous!" A purple ball of light shoots out and hits Ladybug in the chest. She smirks to herself.

Ladybug matches her smile.

Bookworm's eyes widen. "What?! Why isn't is working?"

"Oh, is this what you meant to write in?" Ladybug reveals Bookworm's book behind her back.

"What?!" Bookworm looks down. Her lucky charm sits in her hand. "No!"

Ladybug rips the book in half. "There. Now we just need the pen."

Cat Noir sneaks up on Bookworm, but she senses him and turns around, grabbing his tail and throwing him on Ladybug. "Just because I don't have my book doesn't mean you can defeat me!"

"Cat, don't hate me for this." Ladybug grabs the front and back of his suit. "Use your power. Ready?"

"Ready for WHAAAAT!" Cat Noir goes flying as Ladybug throws him. "Cataclysm!" He reaches his hand out and grabs the pen, destroying it. An akuma flies out.

Ladybug quickly catches it and sets it free. "Miraculous ladybug!" Paris and its people start turning back to normal.

Bookworm transforms back into civilian form. She looks around. "What? Where am I?"

"Pound it!" Ladybug and Cat Noir fist bump.

Their miraculous start beeping. "Uh oh. Gotta go, Kitty."

Cat Noir grabs her hand just as she's about to leave. "Wait! Will you meet me at the Eiffel Tower tonight? Ten o'clock?"

"Cat, we're about to transform."

"I know." He pouts. "I just need to talk to you about something important where we're not racing to hide our identities."

Ladybug smiles. "Okay, Cat Noir. See you tonight." She places a kiss on his cheek before leaping off the building.

"I love that girl," Cat Noir whispers to himself, smiling. His ring beeps again. "Time to go!" He jumps back into the alley just as he transform back. Adrien smiles at Plagg. "She kissed me! Ladybug kissed me!"

"On the cheek," Plagg corrects. "But Marinette kisssed you on the lips."

"Marinette!" Adrien's eyes widen. "I have to go find her!"

Adrien runs out of the alley towards where he last saw Marinette and collides with her as she runs to him. They both fall. "Marinette!" He cheers, smiling. He wraps his arms around her in a hug. "You're safe."

Marinette smiles at the hug. She's glad he's safe, too. Her heart dances. He was worried about her? "I'm glad you're safe, too." Adrien helps her up. "We should find Nino and Alya."

They both take off running and find them sitting on a park bench. "Look at these awesome shots I got!" She hands Nino her phone. "I'm going to post everything after I edit it." She spots Marinette and Adrien. "Hey! You guys okay?"

"Yeah." Marinette pants. She's not used to running, even being Ladybug. "I was hiding in an alley."

"Me too." Adrien and Marinette share a smile.

Alya pouts. "It sucks that I didn't get any footage of Ladybug and Cat Noir in action."

"Next time, babe." Nino wraps an arm around her shoulder. "Anyone hungry?"

Marinette smiles. "My dad's been baking all day. Anyone up for a treat?"

Adrien's eyes widen. "Always!"

On the walk home, Adrien couldn't help but notice that Marinette was acting weird around him. She wouldn't even stand next to him. Unknown to him, though, she's trying to calm the butterflies in her stomach. Her hands won't stop shaking. She finally kissed Adrien and she couldn't believe it. Adrien slows down and lets Nino and Alya walk ahead. He places a hand on Marinette's shoulder, and she jumps with a scream. "Are you okay, Marinette?"

"What? Why wouldn't I be?" She laughs, scratching the back of her neck.

"I don't know. You're acting..." He trails off. "Did I do or say something to make you uncomfortable?"

Marinette's eyes widen. "What? No! Not at all. Why would you think that?"

"It's just... you're acting a little different and I thought it was because I did something bad." Adrien frowns. "I couldn't live with myself if I hurt you somehow. Was it because of the kiss?"

Her cheeks burn and her eyes widen. "Yes! No! I mean, I just get nervous. That was my first kiss."

His eyes light up. "Mine too!"

"Really?" She almost didn't believe him. He was a handsome model. What girl wouldn't want to kiss him? "For real?"

"Yeah." Adrien smiles. "So, you promise I didn't do anything to get you mad?"

"No! Of course not." She shakes her head. "You could never get me mad."

Adrien smiles. "Cool." He sneaks a glance at her and his smile grows.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 58.8K 18
When everyone turns 17, they get a set of initials or an initial somewhere on their body that links them to their soulmate - the person who is their...
44.4K 1.6K 46
โI've been hiding this from you but... I am actually a rock starโž โSeungmin, it's 2 am, shut upโž She thought she was no one among all those peopl...
126K 2.1K 16
Marinette & Adrien are secretly royals. No one knows except their own families. When their class is invited to their coronations, they find out that...
31.6K 1.5K 13
โThis is just my truth,โž