Verena // Alec. Lightwood [1]

By sebs_loves

VERENA // to fear, to respect Soulmates were something Alec Lightwood didn't trust or necessarily believe In... More

Cast and Prologue
Not the Artist
Seeing Strangers
Clubs Are Dangerous
Possesion of Dot
Magic Church
Bonding Time
Chasing Dot
Taken by Force
Vamps of Brooklyn
Grave Digging
Knight In Shining Armour
Dreaming
Magnus Bane
Portal of Safety
Attack on Warlocks
Who We Love Most
Knowing Freelings
Maybe We're Soulmates
Knock you on your Ass
Men Love Her
Pain-filled Screams
Meeting the Family
Secret Plans
Finding the Cup
Be The Distraction
Death of a Friend
Lost in Memory Lane
Bad Day for Take-Out
Forsaken Attack
Keeping Faith
Coming Home
Meliorn's Interrogation?
Stealing Steles
Sedation Couldn't Keep Her At Bay
Raspy Morning Voice
Order of Arrest
Take The Pain Away
He ain't Michael
Home again
Preperations
A Mole
Till Death Do We Part
Always Trust Your Hunch
People Change
Hello Magnus
Book of the White
I Hate Her
The End / Sequel
OTHER BOOK

So Close

10K 230 28
By sebs_loves

SO CLOSE

●♤♤●

As soon as Jace, Clary and I got through the Portal, i fell to my knees. Because of the sudden action, Jace and Clary weren't quick enough to keep me standing.

My knees hit the stone first, then my hands. I grunted. I refused to cry out.

"Rea. Okay. It's okay. It's okay. We're here, it's okay." Clary ramples, trying to pick me up again. I did, however, manage to stand on my own.

"No going back now, bitches." I smirked, trying to lighten the mood. However, the mood left once we looked around. There were test tubes, empty lockers, syringes, hospital tools. All just....there. But no one but us was here.

I huffed and grabbed my own stele, running it over the healing rune to activate it. But it didn't work. Not properly, anyway.

"Magnus was right." Clary sighed. "It's not working."

"It's enough for me." I snapped, moving fowards with a slight hobble.

"What is all this?" Clary asked, seeing everything i saw. All the potions, tools and just....lab shit.

"The makings of an army." Jace answered coldly, and i sighed.

"There's no one here. What a great army." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Did Meliorn lie to us? He said that that Portal would take us to my father." Clary said, and i found it hard to believe Meliorn would lie. I don't think he physically could lie. We all jumped at the sound of banging on a door - no, locker - and turned.

"Get behind me." Jace demanded, pushing us a little behind him. He took a step forwards and opened the door, seraph blade at the ready. I kept my blade high, but Jace and Clary lowered their blades.

"It can't be. It can't be. You died. I saw it." Looking over Jace's shoulder, i noticed a man tied up. He was raggedy and dirty, his blonde hair knotty and....dirty. For a moment, i noticed the man was fixated on me. What a creep.

"Jace?" Clary questioned, and Jace sighed.

"Jace...." The man trailed off, almost in shock "Is it really you?"

"Jace, how do you know this man?" Clary asked, and Jace turned to us ever so slightly.

"He's my father."

~

It took a moment or two, but we managed to get the man out of the cramped locker. I gave him a couple judgemental looks.

"Dad?" Jace asked once the man was fully out the locker and stretched and what not.

"Son." The two embraced each other and i felt my lip twitch in anger. "Oh, Jace. I can't believe it. How did you find me?"

"You're dead." Jace said, realising it. "Valentine killed you. Valentine's here."

"No, Jace. It's me." The man insisted before turning to me and Clary. His eyes fixated on me...again. "I'm Michael Wayland. I'm Jace's father. Look, i know what Jace told you, but i've been here for ten years. Valentine took off and left me."

"And Jocelyn Fairchild?" Clary asked, a glimmer of hope, but it was short lived.

"He took her with him." Michael informed her, and i practically saw all hope deminish. "You two are?"

"I'm Clary, this is Verena. We're her daughters. Meliorn, the Seelie, told me that he was here with her." Clary explained, and i almost face-palmed. I couldn't get round to it, though, as i grunted and fell to the floor, gripping my neck. It felt like my blood was boiling and set on fire. But it was never ending.

"Rea!" Clary gasps. "It's Ravener venom. She kept telling me she was fine."

"We have to find that son of bitch, not Michael. Valentine's-" I groaned out again.

"Her stele, Where is it?" Michael asked.

"It won't work. Only she can use it." Jace informed.

"What's wrong?" I heard Clary ask, but i clenched my eyes tight.

"Even without using it, the rune is weak." Michael told them, and i hissed as i went to try and stand. "She's got more Angel blood than any Shadow hunter known. She should've been fine."

"Ravener venom must be spreading." Clary said, probably not listening to what Michael said. "We have to get her help. We closed the Portal."

"Valentine's got a standing Portal. Let's go." Michael then started leading us somewhere. Jace picked me up and draped my arm over his shoulder.

"Rea, stay with me. Hey, do you remember your first demon fight?" He asked and i chuckled a little. "You're sister messed up a little and you kicked that demon's ass. I believe Alec started to love you from then." I shook my head, still smiling.

"No. I think it was when he bumped into me." Jace chuckled softly, hoisting me slightly as i began to slip.

"Hey, rememeber that night we snuck into the Institute to eat popcorn and get to know each other better?"

"Alec was....so mad!" I said, coughing in the middle a little.

~

We got so far. We got so close. But it wasn't enough, was it?

"We need help!" Clary cried out as we bursted through the doors to the Jade Wolf. Jace and Clary held me up whilst Michael just...trailed in behind us.

"Clary, what happened?" Simon asked as he stopped short from running up to her.

"We thought we found Valentine, but he was already gone." Clary explained as she and Jace set me down in a booth.

"Michael Wayland?" Luke questioned, squinting at Michael a little.

"Yeah, Mickey ain't that bad." I sneered under my breath, but everyone heard and everyone knew i was being sarcastic.

"Valentine took my mother with him, but we found Jace's father."

"What? I thought Valentine killed Jace's father." Simon said in response to Clary.

"He tried." Michael chuckled a little. "Hello, Lucian."

"This can't be." Luke denied, slightly shaking his head. "I thought i'd never see you again.

"I never thought i'd see anyone again." Michael confessed, and i rolled my eyes. I didn't trust him.

"What happened?" Luke asked, motioning to me. I was barely keeping my eyes open.

"Demon got her. She can't fight the poison. Her runes are too weak and she needs blood, but we can't go back to the Institute. Simon." Clary ran to her best friend, an idea popping into her head. "Simon, there's gotta be some kind of blood at Hotel DuMort. Please, could you call Raphael and can you ask him?"

"Can you get some water?" Michael asked Luke, who nodded.

"I'll get some."

"Calling won't work." Simon told Clary. "We have to do this in person. My van is in the garage. You drive, i'll hide under a blanket to stay out of the sun, and there's underground parking in the hotel." Simon explained, and Clary smiled a little.

"Okay."

"She's weaker. You gotta hurry." Michael pointed out, and i grumbled.

"No shit, sherlock."

"Rea, listen to me. I'm coming back. Please, just hang on. Hang on for Alec. Please. Please." She begged and i sighed. She'd never been like this.

"Go." I said, my voice quiet and weak.

"Simon, let's go."

"Come on." Simon and Clary left. And then there were Four.

"I thought you were dead. There were rumors that-"

"Everybody thought they were true." Michael said, cutting Luke off. "He tried to kill me, but i survived the attack. I've been a prisoner ever since. I never thought i'd see him again. How did you survive what he did to you?"

"Jocelyn pulled me through." From what blurriness i could see, I noticed Michael tense. Something was off. "You were there. Did he hurt her?"

"No, and he won't." Michael said firmly, and i raised a brow. "We both know that. He'll never stop loving Jocelyn, even if he wanted to. She'll be safe." I groaned as i went to stand. "Steady." Michael told me.

"Rea, help is coming." Luke assured, pressing a hand to my face. With what little strength i had, i slapped it away. "We'll talk later. Let me be with her." Michael walked away and Luke sat opposite me. "Getting married, huh?" He said, and i hummed. "Is it scary?" I shook my head. I didn't feel motivated to speak. "Are you happy?" A smile spread across my face and i nodded.

"Yeah." I mumbled. "I am."

~

Much later, like an hour later, i had been given fresh blood and my energy was almost sky-rocketing. I felt slightly - much - better.

Me, Michael, Clary, Jace and Luke were sat in a booth.

"But why would Valentine tell a prisoner what he was planning to do?" Clary questioned, asking the question we all wanted to know the answer to.

"He didn't." Michael blandly said. He became more suspicious - could be the imposter, no? - by the second. "Well, not directly. But he gave me a way to learn all about his plans."

"How do you mean?" Jace questioned his father.

"He injected me with Downworlder blood. The pain was excruciating. Sometimes I was sick for days. But it's not often you got a Shadowhunter to experiment on. So I guess that's why he always stopped short of killing me. But, little by little, I developed enhanced hearing and vision."

~

"Who's Renwick?" Clary asked after Michael had explained some more stuff about Valentine and his plan to us.

"It's not a who. It's a where." Luke sighed. "It's a deserted smallpoc hospital on one of the islands of the East River."

"Under our noses is right. And we can't track over water." Clary said.

"He left me to die in that cage." Michael said, probably fishing for sympathy. But he got none from me.

"Valentine never wasted time on compassion." Luke sneered.

"He won't get any from me when the time comes." Jace spat, standing up.

"Before it does, you need a strategy. Waiting a day could mean the difference between failure and success."

"Okay. Clary and I will scout Renwick's tonight."

"Jace, we need more than one person!" Clary protested, and Jace sighed. "Let's...take Luke." The boy nodded, and Luke agreed as well. Was i now stuck with Michael?

Hey!

So, Episode 11 of Season one isn't going to a lot of chapters. I do have to skip a load of things :/

It won't make sense in the plot otherwise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359K 12.4K 59
In which, Isabelle Lightwood has feelings for her childhood friend who has a lot of secrets. Or In which, one of the most powerful shadowhunters ever...
426K 9.1K 42
[HIGHEST: #1 in shadowhunters] [HIGHEST: # 1 in jacewayland] [ HIGHEST: #1 in themortalinstruments] [HIGHEST: #1 jaceherondale] [HIGHEST: #1 aleclig...
61.5K 1K 50
In the Shadow-world all the legends are true. From Werewolf's to Warlock, Vampires and angel/human hybrids called Shadowhunters, who fight demons for...
860 35 6
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the Legendary Jace Wyland. But. What you do not know, is that they also say the sa...