Can't help it, I want you. (R...

By ingoadler

The year is 1984, in Langley, Virginia. Soon to be stationed in Berlin, Germany. Your name is (Y/N) (L/N). Yo... More

Decorations and suspicions.
Do you want to?
Close and personal.
I don't belong to you.

New addition.

708 8 12
By ingoadler

This story is in first person POV.
You are not Bell in this story! This is post Solovetsky, but Bell lives and her and Adler have a relationship. Bell is toxic, manipulative and fucked up. The story will continue with this base knowledge.
(Y/N) - Your name
(L/N) - Last name
Razer is your dog, your new puppy you got 2 weeks ago. I imagine Razer to be a dark haired Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy. But you can make Razer whatever breed, gender, or give him whatever name you want !

♤♤♤♤ (Y/N)'s POV. ♤♤♤♤
Gulp..
There was nothing scarier than getting a new job, and of course, being the newbie.
I tugged at the neckline of my white blouse. A black dress jacket hung around my arms over my blouse.
Fixing myself up, I took a deep breath.
In, and out.
This was the man they called America's Monster. The man my parents wanted me to stay away from, unless it was work related.
He was liked, but only professionally.

"Mr. Adler." Our hands met, shaking firmly as I cleared my throat quietly.
"Good morning, Miss (L/N)." He replied almost emotionlessly, pulling his hand away as if he was disgusted.
The man seemed numbed. We sat in a seat each across from each other at his desk.
"I hear your parents used to work with us. Is that correct?" He picked up a pen, and tapped it to his forehead.
"Yes, sir. That is correct. Agents (L/N)." My throat ran dry with nervousness.
Attempting to hold back from bouncing my leg up and down as a form of comfort, he sat up from his chair.
"Ah, yes. I knew your last name rang a bell." His pen hit the paper lightly as he scribbled down a few words.
He took a sip from his coffee. "Well, there's a few things you have to know here," His cup made a clinking noise as it hit the table. "We go on very serious missions, often. There are other people that want this position. You have to be prepared for this, and know what you're doing," His fingers interlocked as they slid in between us on top of his paper, almost hiding what he wrote. "Why do you think you're a good fit for this position?" He finished off with a professional question.

"Mr. Adler, I think I am good for this position because I am very motivated and hard working. Communication and teamwork is key.." I trailed off. The big ball in my throat stopped me from speaking any further. His eyebrow lifted through his aviators as he motioned his hand for me to continue. "S-Sorry.. Uhm.." I choked out. It's almost like I was sweating bullets and he was just watching it drip into bucket collectors below me. "This job appeals to me and I think my qualities and skills would match the description of the job very well."
"I think I've heard enough, thank you Miss (L/N)." He held his hand out to the door and sat back. His face still held no emotion.
His notebook had quite a lot of notes considering the fact that we didn't speak much.
"Thank you, sir." Feeling flustered, I stood from my chair, grabbing my stuff and quickly walking out.

"Wait --.." His voice objected to my footsteps.
I turned to face him.
"Yes?" My face was red from embarassment.
How could I have fucked that up so horribly? Now I'll never get the job and my parents will be disappointed in me.
"Just wait outside of the door with the rest of the people who have been interviewed. We'll be checking up on you guys shortly to tell you if you've been hired or not." He said firmly.
"Yes, sir. Thank you." My eyes lit up.
Hope. Reassurance. Quickly, my feet paced through the doorway and I took a seat on one of the chairs in the hallway.

..........
.............
...............

Some time passed, and Adler's office door flung open, him holding his notebook in hand, and a brunette female standing next to him. He looked around and turned to whisper to her. "Okay, Russell." She smiled and whispered back. He put his hand on her back waist.
She was an attractive woman, skinny, medium sized bust, medium sized backside, and a pretty face. I could bet more than $20 she was his girlfriend, or wife. Adler was a fairly older man.
She did call him Russell, and not Mr. Adler, or sir.
Her form was fitted by a nice black pencil tip skirt and a white blouse. The black heels she had on clicked as she walked further into the hallway, closing the door behind her and Adler.
"Okay, everybody. Mr. Adler has decided who will be employed." She spoke with a Russian accent, and a warm smile. He removed his hand from her waist and she walked around, giving us back our papers with Adler's notes on them. Then, she stopped at me. Smiling sweetly and nodding lightly while handing me my paper that Adler wrote about our interview.

December 10th, 1984
(L/N), (Y/N)
Young, beautiful woman, physically able to handle combat.
Parents worked for CIA.
Father -- Agent (L/N), (F/N)
Mother -- Agent (L/N), (F/N)
Family line of good, hard workers, very determined and motivated.
Hire?
Y -- N
He circled out the Y, for yes.

Oh my God! I can't believe it!
I nearly jumped out of my seat in excitement. My parents will be so proud of me! I looked back down, concealing the big grin creeping up on my face, as to not show the others whether I've been hired or not to upset those who weren't as fortunate as the rest of us. Then it hit me, after rereading it, he called me beautiful and young. A blush rode across my cheeks. I wanted to shake his hand and thank him, but when I looked up he was already standing in front of me. "May I speak to you privately Miss (L/N)?" He held his hands behind his back. "Yes, of course, Mr. Adler." I stood up, grabbing my stuff. I could almost feel his hot breath against my face, as he was quite close. But from afar, my back felt like it had two holes burning into the back of it. As I turned around, I caught a glimpse of the woman he had his hand on prior to him asking to speak to me. Jealousy flared through her eyes, and her head almost looked like it was steaming.

He lead me into his office, closing the door behind him gently. His hand gesture guided me to the seat I had previously sat in, as he once more sat across from me. "Congratulations. I'm sure your parents will be proud." I smiled and shook his hand with both of mine. "Thank you! I'm really grateful for this opportunity and I won't let you down, I promise!" His stare peering at our hands was what made me let go. "O-Oh! Sorry.." I rubbed the back of my neck. "That's alright." He reassured me. "Well, thank you again. And.. This is so weird.." I began toying with my fingers. "What's wrong?" His chair creaked as he sat up. "Uhm.. Well.. You see..." My face displayed a concerned, yet awkward look. "Miss (L/N).." He demanded. "Sorry.. just.. are you and that woman.. in a relationship? I don't mean to pry but-" I put my hands up defensively as he cut me off. "That should not be any of your business, Miss (L/N)."

His hands tapped impatiently on his desk, lightly and quietly, but loud enough for me to notice that he was displeased with me. "No! I mean- Yes! I-" I stammered, looking to find the right words. I sighed and took a deep breath. My eyebrows furrowed. "You're right, it isn't any of my business, but she seemed to dislike me coming in here alone with you." I sighed out of relief, finally being able to say what I needed to say. He was silent. It was so silent you could hear a needle drop. "Have a nice day, Miss (L/N)." He brushed the issue off and turned around as if I had left and no longer was in the room.
I just got the job, and I don't wanna blow it, so I'll just leave. I awkwardly stood up and left with a quiet "Thank you." The lady from before who looked to be Adler's assisstant, girlfriend, or anything else, had brushed up into my shoulder and pushed me to the side with a nudge of her shoulder. "Sorry." She snapped lightly. Enough to not be totally rude, but enough to notice she wasn't happy.

She turned to everyone with a smile, yet again. "You are all free to leave. Thank you for coming, and my condolences to those who did not get the position. May you have better luck searching for a different job. Have a good rest of your week everyone." With that, she turned on her heel towards Adler's office. As soon as his office door slammed, there was yelling. Little to none from Adler, all from this woman. A pity, really.
I sighed as rumors sparked up and down the line of chairs. My feet moved closer and closer to the door. With each step, a new rumor.

Step.

"Rumor has it that's Doc's girlfriend, and they aren't doing so well.." One whispered.

Step.

"I heard she was a Russian spy brainwashed from a mission and became nasty with him after finding out what was done to her." Another added on.

Step.

"Well, I'd feel the same way too if that happened to me, wouldn't you guys react that way?" One person objected.

Step..

"I would leave her if she treated me like that!" Someone called out from the chair next to me.

Step...

"No, if I were her, I'd leave if he treated me that way!" A woman yelled out.

Sigh.

I stopped in my tracks, clenching my fist. I didn't even know Adler, and my parents didn't like him but this wasn't right.
"Stop it! All of you. You all just came here for a job and are spreading rumors about the man who interviewed you, and gave you your job, nontheless? How dare you. You should all feel ashamed of yourselves!  Not a single one of you should feel like you have the power to talk about him like that, and his relationship? Disgusting. You guys wouldn't like that if it was done to you! Every single one of you want to keep your jobs, right? So, then I advise you shut your mouths. Even if half of those rumors are true, he probably feels horrible about them and this is making it worse. This is none of your guys' business and you should keep it professional." I yelled out, pointing at all of them. Without a single word, I turned around from the silent, in awe faces staring directly at me.

Step...

"Suck up.." One person whispered.
"The man's got no emotions anyways, who says this will effect him?" A man whispered back.

Step....

"Yeah!" Somebody agreed.
"He's human like the rest of us, he doesn't need to show his emotions for him to have any." I continued without turning around. I stopped at the door, putting my hand on it.

Step......

"Have some consideration and respect for your higher ups next time." And with that, I walked out. Hearing everybody talk about me and start rumors on me. It didn't matter, as long as I protected my higher ups. I'd rather it happen to me than someone important like that. A sigh escaped my mouth as I entered my car, tossing my belongings onto my passenger seat. The sky looked beautiful, it was 5:36 PM, and December, so the sky was nice and dark. The stars shined as I looked through my windshield. Of course, I was happy I got the job but.. something felt off.. and just plain wrong.. The engine of my car roared as I turned the keys in the ignition.

The silhouettes of two people in the window of the room next to my car were apparent. I then realized that was Adler and his girlfriend. She seemed to be pointing at him over and over again while screaming and throwing her hands in the air at him, as he sat back in his chair, totally still, occassionally passing a few words to her. After a few minutes, she left the room and he sighed, leaning on his hands. I frowned, feeling bad for him. I know he told me it was none of my business and I yelled at everyone back there for spreading rumors but I just had to..
I reached for my pen and a sticky note from my bag.

Mr. Adler,
I know this is unprofessional and really none of my business, but if you ever need anything just give me a call.
(627)-098-2946
My address is,
56 Forest Villa Rd.
Sincerely,
         (Y/N) :)

Quickly, I stepped out of my car and stuck it to the ledge of his window so he saw it when he opened it. I lightly knocked on the window and hopped in my car, pulling away. Out of my rear view mirror, I spotted Adler grabbing the sticky note from his window.
I smiled to myself, hoping I did the right thing.

-----------------------
After a long ride of Christmas music and thinking about Adler, I pulled into the driveway of my house. My door slammed as I walked into my house. "I'm back!" I shouted, taking off my heels, groaning as I rubbed my sore feet. My puppy, Razer came running to me, wagging his tail. "I know, let's go for a walk, then have some dinner, yeah?" I smiled to Razer as I walked upstairs to get changed.
We went for a walk around the block, then we hopped into the car and went to the store to pick up some dinner. Razer was still a puppy, so he was able to fit in my purse. My purse was fairly large, though. I kissed Razer as we walked into the store. Grabbing some meat and vegetables to cook, I also grabbed some food and treats for Razer. He sat in the cart on a comfy new bed I was going to buy for him, wagging his tail and chewing on the many toys I put in the cart.

"You're so demanding.." A familiar voice said from a distance.
"I'm demanding? Funny. You just don't understand. Why are you pulling other girls into their office after calling them beautiful?" The woman snapped back.
"It was one woman, and it's because she is beautiful. What, you can't handle that? Her parents worked for the CIA and she needs a good impression, to be treated with respect like her parents were. It was a very innocent compliment and I think that shouldn't be a problem considering the fact that I have forgiven you many times for many things I shouldn't have." The man was emotionless, his voice husky.
Razers ears perked up as he tilted his head to the direction of the voices.
"No, Russell. You should forgive me for those. For it all. I have never forgiven you, and don't think I ever will forgive you for doing what you did to me, then leaving me with a bullet wound." Her voice was coarse and low, demanding and controlling, almost.
"I already feel guilty enough about it. This isn't making me feel any better." He snapped back, putting stuff into his cart.

I was sure this was Adler and his girlfriend, but I had to pass by to make sure. The wheels on the cart squeaked quietly as I quickly sped through their aisle, only taking one quick look. Lo and behold, it was Adler. And his "assisstant.". Razer yipped as I passed by them, causing them to look and for me to turn to the rice behind them, picking up white rice and showing it to Razer. "What do you think, Razer? White rice and teriyaki beef with veggies for dinner?" I pretended to not know they were there, and staring at me.
Razer stayed fixated on them, so I turned and pretened to be surprised. "Oh! Good evening, Mr. Adler. and Miss..?" I questioned.
"Oh, just call me Bell. Good evening." She said with a forced happy tone.
"Sorry about little Razer over here, I just got him recently and he's still getting trained." I giggled.
Adler hadn't said a word.
"Don't worry about it, that's quite alright. We were just talking about our new hires, actually, congrats on the position!" She clapped her hands together and brought them to her cheek, smiling.

"Thank you! I am eager to start and excited for the future. But of course I'll be sad to leave Razer behind, though he will be in good hands with my parents." I patted Razer on the head.
"Ohh, he's so adorable. May I?" Her hand reached out reluctantly.
"Of course!" I said.
She pet Razer a few times on the head before turning back to me.
"Mr. Adler, you're awfully silent, I don't mean to pry but.. Are you alright?" I knew exactly what I was saying.
He seemed to snap out of a trance.
"Oh, yes, Miss (L/N). I'm okay, tired is all." He looked at me through his aviators.
"I think it's about time we get going, darling." She emphasized darling, and almosted peered at me, as if she wanted me to know that Adler was her territory.

"It was nice to see you too on this lovely evening." I crossed my arms over my cart handle.
"Yeah, you too." They turned to walk away. Bell responded as if she no longer wanted to talk and didn't care if she was rude to me or not.
"Sir.." I whisper shouted. Adler stopped in his tracks and turned around.
"Remember my sticky note.. Please, anything. You shouldn't be put through this." I reached out to him.
He looked back at me.
"Thank you for telling everybody to stop spreading rumors." He reached back out for my hand and I immediately blushed.
"...You heard that?" I stammered.
"Yeah, it was all I could pay attention to all while Bell was talking to me."
He let go of my hand after giving it a few rubs on the knuckles.
"I appreciate you, Miss (L/N).." It was almost as if the smallest smile tugged at his lips after letting go and petting
Razer for a few seconds while he tried to gnaw on Adler's fingers.

"I'll see you tomorrow at 6."
"6? But my shift doesnt start until 7." I walked with him down the aisle.
"In my office. Forgot to mention that. Be at my office by 6. We have to have a chat. Goodnight, sleep well." He trailed away from me after that.
"O-Okay.." I whispered out as he walked away.
What does he wanna talk about. Does he wanna open up about Bell, maybe tell me the truth? Confide in me? Anything. It could be anything. I bought my items, and watched them drive off as I went in the same direction, driving home. Turns out they live down the block from me. Razer ran inside as I made multiple trips to unload his stuff and my dinner out of my car and into the house.

By 8 PM, we had both eaten and all of his stuff was set up. For dessert, I had an ice cream cone from the freezer and he had 2 treats. We sat together on the couch as he played with his new toys and I watched some TV. After a short while of that, it was going on 9:30 PM. So I decided to head up for bed.
Before going to bed, I took a nice warm shower and cleaned my skin. Brushing my teeth and blow drying my hair. It was now 10:20 PM.
Razer's new bed laid on the floor next to my side of the bed.
I had this whole bed and nobody to share it with. Before tucking myself in, I picked up Razer from his bed and put him on the spot next to me.
"There you go, buddy." I smiled at him as he wagged his tail.
There was water in a bowl on the nighstand next to where he laid, with some toys on the bed. A pee pad was on the floor next to the bed if he had to go to the bathroom.
He kissed my face multiple times as I giggled.
"Goodnight, Razer." I gave him a kiss on the head as we both drifted off to sleep together.

-- A/N
I'm sorry y'all, I feel like I failed you guys in my last book. I will be continuing it and plan on making a 2nd book for it still, but I want to make a redo of this, but try my best to write a better book. as I grow and research, I learn more. this is an experience for me and these COD books are my first time writing. I'm glad you all are enjoying everything so far. I plan on getting all of my books up to date some time this week.
as always...
I love y'all
stay frosty ♡♡♡ !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245 9 1
You're a sniper hidden in the trees meters away from the meeting of Stitch and Adler in front of the grave. It's time you choose. . . . Spoilers fo C...
5.3K 50 21
When adler finds out Perseus is back on the grid him and his agents must find out what he is up to before it's too late characters: Bell: male versio...
253 33 23
It's been 5000 years since it happened, but it feels like it was just yesterday that my heart was ripped out and stabbed again and again by the very...
8.8K 232 26
Isabella Shields was supposed to be many things. To graduate college and become a CSI to take after the steps of her grandfather. To one day find a g...