The Forgotten Side Character...

By Zarithyuane

(hiatus as mental health is declining) After almost ten years of hiding and living under another identity, I... More

ꜱʏɴᴏᴘꜱɪꜱ
ғɪʀsᴛ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ
ɴᴏʙɪʟɪᴛʏ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇs
ɪᴄʜɪ
ɴɪ
sᴀɴ
ʏᴏɴ
ɢᴏ
ʀᴏᴋᴜ
ɴᴀɴᴀ
ʜᴀᴄʜɪ
ᴋʏᴜᴜ
ᴊᴜᴜ
ᴊᴜᴜɪᴄʜɪ
ᴊᴜᴜɴɪ
ᴊᴜᴜsᴀɴ
ᴊᴜᴜʏᴏɴ
ᴊᴜᴜɢᴏ
ᴊᴜᴜʀᴏᴋᴜ
ᴊᴜᴜɴᴀɴᴀ
ᴊᴜᴜʜᴀᴄʜɪ
ᴊᴜᴜᴋʏᴜᴜ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜɪᴄʜɪ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜɴɪ
ANNOUNCEMENT
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜsᴀɴ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜʏᴏɴ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜ-ɢᴏ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜʀᴏᴋᴜ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜɴᴀɴᴀ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜᴋʏᴜ
ꜱᴀɴᴊᴜᴜ
ꜱᴀɴᴊᴜᴜɪᴄʜɪ

ɴɪᴊᴜᴜʜᴀᴄʜɪ

1.3K 48 18
By Zarithyuane

.•° ✿ °•.

NIJUU-HACHI

°•. ✿ .•°

I blink at his question. The bird that was carrying me disappeared and was replaced by a guy who for some reason is hot- I mean, questioning my existence.

".. Aren't I the one who is supposed to ask that question?" I argue, standing up on my ground, "Where's Mr. Birdie? Did he leave already?" I looked around the bright sky, eyes squinting.

[... That majestic being was me, not a mere bird.] He scorned, tapping his foot impatiently. [Now that you're already done asking, answer mine. Who are YOU?]

"Hmm.. I have so many identities, let me see. A so-called writer by the noble ladies, waiter, a part timer, a mother duck of a certain duckling, and a soldier." I answered, proudly.

Or you can describe me as an all around slave.

[No.. You are more than that.]

"Pardon?"

[A mythical being like me can't just communicate with a mere human like you described yourself are.] He begins.

"I'm offended." I added, glaring daggers at him.

[That's not what is important right now. My problem is, how can you hear me? Only with royal blood can do that- oh.]

"... You just answered your own question."

[Ah... It seems like I did.]

"...so there is a living mythical being with a brain like mine-"

❀•°•═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════•°•❀

[Hm... so that's what happened.] He nodded in satisfaction after hearing my life story.

"Now please keep it a secret for now about my identity. I still have a lot to do and I need to do it without the need to reveal my identity."

[Understandable. But isn't it going to be faster to do once you tell them who you really are?]

"It's way simpler to say than to do, I almost died when I went to the palace as the Crown Princess. And what will I tell them? Even more to my ex Fiancé, do I say, 'Hi I'm your former betrothal, Alianna Montagné, I was hiding all these 10 years to live peacefully as a promise to somebody but then I thought why don't I find her killer? Stuffs happened coincidentally, and now I'm here as your subject! Tada, so help a friend out so we can live happily ever after' like that? "

[... Hopefully not. That's awful.]

"I know right. TMI."

[Tear me eye?]

"Nothing. Now, what do we do next?"

[What else? Go to the Crown Prince's Palace, of course.]

"Then what are you waiting for, let's go!"

[But first, turn around.]

"Why?"

[I have to switch back to my true form.] My eyes glistened. "I wanna watch." I asked, making him growl at me.

[Over my dead body. Back. Now]

"Okay, okay geez." I did what he ordered me to do and stared at the interesting grass on my feet.

Green, green, green, green

[You may turn around now. Let's go.]

"That was quick." Yawning, I stood by his side thinking he would carry me like before.

[What are you doing, idiot. Get on my back.] I grinned, climbing on top of him immediately.

MAGICAL BIRD RIDE

[One more thing, do me a favour will you.]

"Sure."

[You see those clothes on the ground?] He pointed his beak at a certain location, [Pick them up and put them in my spatial ring right on my right claw.]

"..."

[Oi.]

"Those are your clothes, aren't they? The ones you were wearing earlier."

[Yup]

"is that why you asked me to turn around"

[Partly that, yes.] I looked at him, with a questioning face making him irk. [I can't use my claws to reach them and store it without ripping my clothes, so spare me that look and do me a favour.]

Grumbling, I went back down and quickly slid them in the ring, "Can your ring hold a living being in there?"

[First of all, that's a ridiculous question but yes.]

"Oh wow-"

[As a matter of fact, I hid my snacks there. There's one right now-] He answered calmly.

"Do not trouble yourself, I'm full thank you." Sweating, I climbed back up on his back and held on his nape as tight as I could.

[One more thing,]

"What?"

[Close your mouth tightly, I do not want to see a flying tongue in the air once you bite on it too hard.]

"What do you me-AAAAAHHH!" I screamed, holding on to him even tighter before shutting my mouth shut.

If I were to go back to Earth, I can say this 'ride' is deadlier than a roller coaster ride with its screw loose!

[Don't shut it too tight, you might damage your teeth.]

SHUT IT MOM.

[I thought you hadn't met your birth mother?]

I'm going crazy. Talking with a bird. And this ride. What's more, we're going to my new boss's palace.

My days aren't getting any better than this

❀•°•═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════•°•❀

"Would you like to have your meal, Sire?"

No response.

"How about some chamomile tea?" The Crown Prince's butler asked, Lucien nodded at him tapping his index finger on the table impatiently.

The butler noticed his master's change of mood but paid no mind to it.

Knock knock

"Jeremy."

"Understood." The butler went to the door and opened it.

Lucien slowly zoomed out, gazing outside of the ginormous window. Waiting for it to burst open.

Allen huh... He thought, smiling a bit when he noticed his butler closed the door and walked in front of him.

"What is it." Jeremy sighed, placing down an envelope with a violet wax seal on it.

"The Empress requested for you to see her."

Tap tap tap

"Hmm.." Lucien hummed in amusement, staring at the envelope by his table, "I did not know the Empress cannot take a No as an answer that badly." Shaking his head jokingly while grasping a fountain pen.

"I shall send it back then." Jeremy bowed his head, about to leave the room when another knock on the door was heard.

"Right timing. That must be the maid servant." He commented, shaking his hand off in a shooing manner as if saying, 'Just give it to them and help me with my paper works' Jeremy sweat dropped but still did what he was told to.

"Ah-" He heard the butler but didn't lift his head, "If it's the second prince send him off."

"Sire." a voice he was not familiar to hear called out, making him lift his head up.

It was a giant Rocenix, a black majestic mythical bird from a legend that no one knows exists except for the royal family. It turned its head around with its long hair like red feathers, facing him as he managed to take a better look at the person riding it.

"Long time no see to you I guess, Crown Prince." Allen grinned which he too smiled back at.

"Indeed, it is nice to finally see you."

❀•°•═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════•°•❀

"Your Majesty." A maid called out of a room, shaking in fear.

She's a newly appointed maid from the Crown Prince's side readmitted to the Empress palace. Before she was readmitted, she heard rumors various maids and male servants went missing after being part of the said Palace.

They said most of them are Orphans, which makes sense as there are no family members who would look for them. Coincidentally, after that she heard of the news that she needed to move to a new place, the Palace she never doesn't want to step foot on.

The door was opened by a servant with a handprint on his cheek. The male looked at the surprised maid and gazed at her, with emotionless eyes.

"Alfonso. What is it." A voice inside called out, making the servant turn his attention to it, moving a bit as if to give way to the maid to enter.

She gulped the unknown lump on her throat and strode her way to where the voice was coming from.

A woman with blonde hair as bright as the sun was seen in the middle of the room. Sitting on a high end chair, holding a glass of wine on hand, and seemingly a long rope on the other.

She rose, grinning at the sight of the child sending chills on her spine.

"I'm expecting you to hold good news!" She said with determination traced on her voice.

The servant's body shook even more, mumbling something,"....er."

The woman gave her a close eyed smile, "Pardon?"

"T-the Crown Prince sent back the letter, Your Majesty." Tears started flowing out of her eyes.

Silence came after, "... I see."

She kneeled down, "Please, forgive me! I did my best but the butler-"

The woman patted her head, "I believe you, child. It's alright."

The maid looked up on her in surprise, "Y-yes?"

"Your job here is done. You are free to go back to your room and rest for the rest of the day."

Pleased, the Maid bowed and made her way back

Slam!

Sitting back down, she called out for her most trusted aide, "Alfonso."

"Yes, Milady." the servant stepped forward.

"I'm not in a good mood right now, you know that, do you?"

He nodded.

"And do you know who ruined my mood?"

"The maid." He knelt down, taking her hand kissing it.

She gazed at him, with loving eyes, "Good boy." she praised him.

"Can you kill that maid for me, and make it look like she drowned in a pond?"

He looked up to her with a smile, kissing the back of her hand once more, "Anything for my beloved Mistress."

❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖ ❁
Edited by: thelazykrazie
Date:12.11.2021

Ayeeee, we finally done with the first arc! Congrats on making this far!! I'm still on hiatus but might go back by the end of Dec or late January for the next arc. Thank you for reading my book, totally appreciate it. Now here are some scenes from me and my lil sis's convo:

I was bored one time and thought abt posting it for Late April fools but never did-

And us being lazy af

That's all, chao!! See yall soon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
11.5K 5.2K 37
Unknown to the average human world, there is a place where every supernatural being that fuels nightmares resides. Shielded completely from prying ey...
318K 13.6K 63
After an encounter with an archangel, Claire Hill, or more aptly known as the 'Ice Queen' by the rest of her peers, is sent to another world. With a...
23.7K 696 20
Reincarnating, dying, repeat. My life revolves around those three. This has been going on for so long that my memory of my first life already became...