ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ • ᴛʜ.ᴊᴋ

Galing kay EuphoricOnyx

Taehyung wasn't expecting to end up with his brand new billionaire boss, Jeon Jungkook, as a flatmate (more l... Higit pa

|| After LOVE ||
01 || Hide & Seek
02 || Frosty & Beach-head
03 || Mamma Mia!
04 || Coffee Date? Nah.
05 || Feud with the Rangers
06 || A Butterfly Promise.
07 || Confab At Zero 'O Clock
08 || Spatula Witch's Curse
09 || Meet (with) the Jackass.
11 || Chim, The Blushing Rescuer
12 || Dilemma At Wit's End
13 || The Froyo Encounter
14 || Candied Storm
15 || Take You Home
16 || The Vivid Silence
17 || The Toast Talk
18 || Darn The Monday Blues.
A/n

10 || Math Genius is a sidekick?

797 87 92
Galing kay EuphoricOnyx

|| Chapter 10: Math Genius Is A Sidekick?||

"Jimin-ah, tell me one thing I don't know about you," Hoseok asked, taking the coffee mugs out of the cabinets.

Jimin pressed his plum lips in a thin-line, thinking for a second before blurting out "I'm incredibly fast at math."

Hoseok raised his eyebrows in interest. "Alright, what's 30 x 17?"

"47"

"That's not even close- "

"But it was fast" Jimin shrugged, a naughty smile dancing on his lips while Jin laughed nearly pouring the boiling water all over himself and Hoseok, who had his eyes narrowed though he couldn't contain his smile.

Namjoon sighed nonchalantly, tapping his slender fingers in a random rhythm on the countertop, waiting for his dose of caffeine as they all stood distributed in the office pantry while Jin and Hoseok made their coffee. Jungkook had left with Jackson to the latter's cabin, to exchange a few words, they had said.

Cracking his knuckles slowly, he turned around to see Taehyung squinting at the tendrils of one of the huge potted grape ivies hanging down from the high ceiling. They had introduced themselves earlier and both had found each other friendly, which helped them ease into a conversation without prior awkwardness between the new colleagues.

"What are you thinking?" Namjoon enquired, leaning back on the small kitchen island.

"That I'd like to kick that Jackass in the balls," Taehyung said with a straight face, causing Jin and Jimin to snigger.

Jimin would've hugged him if not for the 6 ft. tall man standing between them, nearly objecting to his vision.

"He's not half as bad as he seems to be. He's just going through a phase, he's like that at the beginning" Namjoon said with a smile.

Taehyung nodded. "Can't complain since this is my first day and yet to know the drill-," he quickly leaned forward to get his cup of cocoa milk that Jin extended to him.

"Thanks, hyung." Jin waved him off, handing over the freshly brewed coffee to Namjoon.

"You'll get used to him, he's a good guy... really."

"Still, I better get back to my desk. Next time I might chase him and smack his head.. hard. Boss or not." Taehyung cupped the warm mug with both his hands and walked off, throwing one last death glare at the big wooden doors guarding Jack-ass-son 's office.

"I like this kid" Namjoon chuckled looking over at Jin, who nodded.

"Who doesn't? The more you get to know him, the more fond you become" Jimin smiled.

Hoseok grinned "He's fun."

"And feisty" Jin added shaking his head.

A few minutes passed with each dwelling in their thoughts and Namjoon lavishly relishing every sip of his coffee.

"Ah, hyung, did you get the contacts of the producing company? The new restaurant's launch event seems to take up a bigger budget than we expected. It's better if we get prepared in advance" Namjoon said, snapping everyone from their line of thinking, changing the subject back to business, after all, they were here to do work.

"I did search it up on the web, looks like we'll have to sign contracts with more than one producing company. This event is going to be quite big than what we've undertaken in the past few years" Jin replied, shoving his hands into the pockets of his slacks.

"I'll follow up the researching process and inform you once I have detailed information," Hoseok said, getting up from the kitchen seat "What was the restaurant's name again?" he looked at Namjoon enquiringly.

"Cascadè--- owned by Mr Park Chanyeol, the second heir of EXO Club, that big family with a very broad hierarchy... we should start searching for a standard production team to collab with. This project is huge ," Namjoon said with a nod.

"Ooooh, this is gonna be fun. I'll go start my hunt" Jimin said cheerily, before jumping down from the counter and skipping down Taehyung's trail with bubbling enthusiasm.

"Fun, my ass. All it will be is a month of dumping tons of coffee into my system and pulling all-nighters till I begin doubting my twin flame to be an owl.." Jin sighed.

"We will pull through it, Jin and also... nice coffee" Namjoon smiled at the other and patted his wide shoulders--- a small gesture of empathy from his side, completely unaware of the impact it had on the elder.

Oh, My My.

*****

Taehyung straightened his back, stretching his neck from side to side and glanced at the vintage wall clock across the lounge.

Hours had rushed by and it was already the end of the office hours. Nabi was with Yoongi and by what he could see from the face-timing session they had had during the lunch hours, the uncle-niece duo was having a blast in Yoongi's office.

Yoongi was the CEO of his production house and that meant his company - his rules, ultimately the point was that he could take Nabi with him to his office, unlike Taehyung and confessing that he was missing his daughter wouldn't be an understatement in the least. He wanted to finish up his work soon and call off for the day, so he could get back to his baby girl and the cosy house of Yoongi.

Taehyung's face adorned a pleasant smile at the thought though it soon morphed into a startled frown when a high voice screeched his name.

"Tae, you are wanted!" Jimin called out from the other side of the hall, shouting yet again for the umpteenth time of the day, making him sigh in exasperation.

Why do you have to shout Jimin?

"Move your pretty butt soon TaeTae!"

JIMIN!!

Taehyung's face turned a rosy shade of crimson as he got up from his seat hurriedly and bowed lightly a few times apologetically to the people who had their attention on him, thanks to the commotion caused by the so-called errand boy.

Scrambling his way to the blonde, Taehyung almost landed an uppercut to the other's chin which Jimin skillfully dodged, his smooth reflexes saving him in the nick of time.

"You are rusty," Jimin said, scrunching up his nose playfully.

Taehyung huffed. "What is it? Who wants me?"

"Me." A familiar husky voice interjected their bickering.

"Waah okay..., the main lead is here, now, let me- the sidekick, take my leave" Jimin mocked a perfect ninety-degree bow and sprinted away before Taehyung could try another martial technique on him.

Taehyung and Jungkook rolled their eyes in unison.

"Jimin and his extra- ass." Jungkook shook his head while Taehyung stifled a laugh.

"Hey, Taehyung" Jungkook grinned.

"Hey, there yourself" Taehyung grinned back.

A few moments passed with both just standing there, doing--- absolutely nothing, just staring aimlessly.

What was even the aim?

"You wanted me?" Taehyung took the lead.

"YEAH!! I mean... yeah" Jungkook straightened his posture "So, you heard about the team partner thing?"

Taehyung nodded with a hum.

"You have found yours?"

"Not yet, Jungkook. As you know, I'm new here and so are some of the other members... I think it's too early to choose yet" Taehyung answered honestly.

Jungkook hummed "I have a task for you."

Taehyung cocked his eyebrows in interest.

"I want you to propose a design for this upcoming event," Jungkook said, hands tucked in the pockets of his well-tailored pants.

"What?!" Taehyung asked in a breathy whisper.

Jungkook couldn't help but smile at him. "Will you do it?"

Observing his silence, he rephrased the question "Do you want to do it, Taehyung?"

"I-... yeah-... of course, it's just I'm new and you are- "

"It's only an assignment Taehyung, though if the idea is good we might implement it" Jungkook shrugged "Just give it a try, it will be helpful for the future, yeah?"

Taehyung nodded excitement sparkling on his soft features "Thank you, Jungkook."

Jungkook shook his head "If you need help or something, feel free to reach out to me since I will be personally dealing with this project..."

Taehyung could only nod at the friendly male standing before him with admiration, the ravenette's non-hostile and amiable handsomeness sending a wave of warm fuzziness down his spine.

*****

Hey, lovelies!!

We reached 1K reads!!! Oh man holy shit!

Thank you so much y'all. I'm so grateful to have precious readers like each one of you!

You nice. Keep going!

Remember to click that little star button for sending your love and support!

Author-nim is so happy!

Like, share & comment.

-EuphoricOnyx-

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

591K 22.1K 52
( Completed ✔) Kim Taehyung arrogant and cold hearted CEO of Kim Corporation , Something happened in his past which made him hate the word Love. Jung...
61.7K 2.2K 44
A story where two strangers from different backgrounds become one. Kim taehyung and upcoming actor who has a very challenging life with his fami...
197K 6.9K 26
Kim Taehyung, the youngest C.E.O. of The Kim's. Despite of being rich, smart, handsome like a greek god; still his life is full of pain & loneliness...
701K 31.7K 54
[COMPLETED] What will happen to him when someone whom he dearly love will leave him forever.... will he be able to move on in his life or will he be...