Limerence Turns Ugly

By Natalie_Morgan31

An unplanned trip to find their lost friends in a foreign country turns into an experience which they would n... More

Author's Note
Characters in the story
Chapter 1
Chapter 2: A magical encounter
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28: Epilogue

Chapter 23

2 1 0
By Natalie_Morgan31

        After thinking for a whole night, Prascale decided to forget all the bad things that had happened yesterday. She opened Danny's room slightly and tried to search for his silhouette.
        "Dear," She said softly. "I didn't mean to slap her, I'm just-- I'm just really frustrated,"
        "Never mind, don't do it again," Danny said and closed his eyes for a second, "ever."
        "But I'm still angry at you, and her," She stressed the her, but Danny just kept quiet and stare at the view outside their window.
        "You are different now," Prascale said sadly, shaking her head in dismay.
        "I like the way Chloe is, she...she's much more polite than you,"
        "I'm just more straightforward and I don't lie!"
        Danny felt a pang of guilty and felt sad when he saw tears running down Prascale's cheek, he knew what he did with Squirrel was probably too much to her. To Danny, Prascale was actually an innocent kid who was spoil since young, but he had to do this cruel thing to her, as it's also a way to make Prascale gives up her hope on him. He never loved  her, he just took care of her like a sister, but he didn't wanted to hurt her back then, so he pretended to love her very much. Truth is, he did love her, but only as a sister not a lover.
        "You never understand what I'm talking about." Danny said.
        "I want to break up with you! This time I'm serious!"
        Before he can say anything, Prascale continued, "You are really different now! You'd always object my break-up idea faster than the speed of light, but now yourarararna..." Danny couldn't understand her words because she was sobbing, he just heard a bunch of slurred words. Be determined! Be determined! Danny said in his mind, because he needed to say something more unacceptable to her now, "Chloe is my new girlfriend now, I really like her, I'm sorry,"
        He gave Prascale a hug as consolation despite the fact that it's a disgusting action to him, he did this for the past few years. Prascale cried non-stop and finally fell asleep in his embrace. Danny quickly called the gang to move her inside their bedroom to have a rest.

        As the gang don't have the key to Prascale's room, they brought her to their room. The man who was carrying her asked, "Whose bed to put on?"
        "His." A voice came from the gang.
        "Yours." The owner of the bed whose got suggested said in return.
        "His." 
        "His." They keep pointing at each other and it went on for a moment.
        "Let me think for a while." The one carrying her said out loud to stop them from arguing.
        "I think she's fine to sleep on the floor,"
        "Good idea!" They all chimed in and they took a comforter and laid it on the floor before placing her gently on it.

        Danny called Squirrel, Rabbit, George and Gwen to discuss the rescue plan that won't make the others suspicious.
        "Gwen, don't fuss with this by calling the entire police force ,okay?" Danny said.
        "But what if they all found out somehow and tried to stop you?" Gwen disagreed with him.
        "They're my subordinates,"
        "They're Prascale's subordinate to be exact," Rabbit chimed in, "Just saying"
        "But now I'm the boss, we're all friends already"
        "You are definitely not a professional spy," Gwen said.
        "I think Gwen is right." Squirrel said, nodding.
        "Yeah, how would we know if they won't turn against us, they're Prascale's brother subordinate from the very beginning," Rabbit tried to persuade him.
        "But-"
        "I don't want to lose George again, okay!" Gwen said.
        "No, you won't lose me again. Don't worry," George patted Gwen's shoulder softly.
        "Then let me contact the police now."
        Danny stopped Gwen's action of taking her phone from her pocket, "No. I think you better stay at home and wait for our good news," 
        "What if it's a bad news?" Gwen asked.
        "It won't be,"
        "But-"
        "No buts. Squirrel, Rabbit, let's go to your hotel to plan."
        "But what about Gwen?"
        "I don't want her to participate in this plan," Danny thought Gwen was troublesome as she kept disapproving him, that's why he decided to plan without her presence.
        "But why?"
        Rabbit was silent for a few seconds, "Wait, wait. And what about George?"
        "I'll tell you two in your hotel later." George understood Danny's suggestion and looked at Gwen, said, "I'm sorry, Gwen. I can't let you know anything about this plan, but I'd let you know when to come along with your police buddies when it's the right time,"
        "Then I'll ask Rabbit and Squirrel," Gwen insisted.
        "No. Rabbit, Squirrel, if you tell her anything about our plan, I won't help you anymore," Danny said.
        "What?!" Squirrel was shocked to hear the second sentence.
        "Aren't you a police?" Rabbit reacted the same.
        "And isn't a police's job is to help people?" Squirrel continued.
        "Shh! Don't so loud"
        "What are you worrying about??" Rabbit said.
        "My subordinate,"
        "Didn't you just said they're your 'friends'?" Gwen mocked.
        "Not in that way"
        "Then how are you going to ask me not to worry about you?" Gwen said turning to George.
        "Rabbit and Squirrel will be with me all the time,"
        "Gwen, don't worry, it's not our first time doing something like being a spy," Rabbit grinned and thought about her past.
        "Rabbit was right. Don't worry about us," Squirrel winked at her.
        "But you two haven't really been a spy before," Gwen said with a worry tone.
        "We'll try our best," Rabbit and Squirrel smile and tried to convince Gwen not to be worry.

        After they have convince Gwen, they went to the hotel where Rabbit and Squirrel is staying.
        "Okay, listen to me, this is our new plan. It's may be harder and need more time to do so that it would be perfectly. And-" Danny started to tell them about his new plan.
        "We have already plan for many times, is this... the last?" Squirrel got annoyed.
        "I wish it is the last too," Danny said, "There's Plan A and Plan B, Plan A is you all sneak in and use the keys I'll give you later to open the rooms and bring them out while I have a false meeting with my subordinate,"
        "And...plan B?" George asked.
        "There's two options for this plan," Danny said while showing two of his fingers. "The first one is Rabbit and Squirrel pretend to beg me in front of Prascale to let Joey and Snake go,"
        "The other option?" Rabbit asked before she listened to his full sentence.
        "One of you beg me and the rest try to bring them out,"
        "Beg? That's...forget about it." Squirrel said.
        "Okay....so it's plan A then?" Danny asked and the other three nodded in agreement.

        They thought they were safe while they were discussing their plan, but they were wrong about it. They didn't know that a group of gangsters that are more loyal to Prascale saw Danny coming out from George's house with Squirrel and Rabbit following behind them. They smelled rat so they decided to follow them and found out that he and George were going into the same room with Squirrel and Rabbit. They threw a device just before Squirrel closed the door and they use the device connected to their earphones to eavesdrop their conversation.

        "That Prascale's lover cheated on us!" They muttered after listening to their plan.
        "I knew he can't be trusted"
        "I don't know why Prascale love him so much."
        "Our boss said he would be a good boss like him, but he was wrong"
        "So...now what? Tell Prascale?"
        "Okay, let's go."

         When they reach the living room of the bungalow, they found Prascale already playing her tablet on the wide sofa.
        "Prascale, we have something to tell you"
        "What? And who put me to sleep on the floor?!" Prascale yelled at them.
        "You slept on the floor?" One of them asked and they all laughed at her but quickly controlled their laughter before she order them to leave again.
        One of them cleared their throats and said, "It's about your lover,"
        "He wants to come back with me?" Prascale immediately forgot about her sleeping on the floor and their laughing, all she could think about upon hearing his name is being together with him again.
        "No. He-"
        "Then tell me for what?! Go to hell!!"
        "But-"
        "Don't disturb me!" Prascale said.
        "He cheated on us!"
        "What??! And don't yell at me, no manners!"
        "Sorry, but you wasn't listening"
        "It's all Squirrel's fault! If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be so angry!"
        "That little bunny has a part of it too!"
       "I know, she has a boyfriend when I don't have one, and they are such loving couple."
        The gangsters didn't know what else to say so they bring the subject back, "He and George were with Rabbit and Squirrel in their hotel."
        "I don't believe you, George and Rabbit maybe, but absolutely not Danny, we just fake broke up not long ago, he wouldn't do that to me," Prascale refused to believe her love between Danny has gone from bad to worse.
        "Why don't you listen to this first," One of the gangsters took out a small device from his pocket and handed it to Prascale.

        After listening to the conversation between Boss, George, Rabbit and Squirrel that was recorded via the device, Prascale got more angrier, "I.WANT.THEM.HERE.NOW!!!" she yelled and almost threw the device but one of the gangsters stopped her before she could do any damage to it.

        After reassuring Prascale that they will be doing their job immediately they went to a nearby pub to cheer themselves up from all the drama caused by Pracsale.
        "Prascale is so...irritating sometimes it gets on my nerves,"
        "That is her character since so long ago,"
        "If I'm the boss I'll also break up with her,"
        "I know right, I can't stand her temper everyday, I wonder how boss could stand her."
        "But to be honest, I still can't believe boss and George betrayed us,"
        "Me too, they were so loyal to our formal boss"
        "Things change guys," One of them sighed, "Maybe they have their own reasons, we should give them the benefit of doubt before accusing them any further,"

        George and boss bid goodbye to Rabbit and Squirrel after they were done discussing about their next plan.
        "Ouch!" Squirrel groaned when she stepped on something after closing the door to their room. She look down to see what poked her feet when she found a black device laying on the carpet beside her feet, "What's this?" Squirrel picked it up and observed it.
        "Is that an eavesdropping device?" Rabbit asked as she came over to join Squirrel by the door.
        "All the plan was-" Rabbit and Squirrel said in unison in alarm.
        "Shoot!" Rabbit said under breath.
        They look around for a place to put the device and decided to put it in a drawer under all their clothing, that might stop it from picking up all their conversations if not all.
        "Great, our plan is ruined again. What now?" Rabbit made and action of swinging her arm in the air out of frustration.
        "Give them a call, tell them our plan is busted" Squirrel proposed. "But can we do that while having something to eat? I'm famished." Squirrel whined while rubbing her hand on her flat tummy. Rabbit laughed while agreeing to her and they went our their hotel and have their meal at the restaurant opposite their hotel.

        Rabbit and Squirrel were surrounded by the busy waiters of the restaurant and all the different emotion emitted by their fellow diners. 
        "If only we could enjoy our vacation here like any other normal people," Rabbit sighed and begin to dig into her bag for her cellphone, "But first," She waved her cell in front of Squirrel, "We got a phone call to make," And dialed George's number into her cell.
        Squirrel agreed with Rabbit and carried on looking at the people mingling around them. Some have huge smiles on their faces and some have one of those serious business-talk-only face. She was about to get lost in her own thoughts when she heard Rabbit talking on the phone and changed her focus from the strangers around her to Rabbit.
        "Is Danny there with you?" Rabbit said into the phone.
        "Yeah, why? I thought you were only suppose to miss me," George teased on the other side of the phone.
        "Meet us at the hotel now, we need to talk," Rabbit ignored his teasing and addressed the main reason she called him.
        "Woah, what happen? You sound serious,"
        "It is serious. Now!" Rabbit said in a no nonsense way but chuckled after that, "By the way, just so you know, I'm allow to think of every other man alive in this world," And she ended the call.

        While eating their take away meal back in their hotel, they took out the device they found from the drawer and they both scrutinized at it when a knock on the door diverted their attention from the device to the door. "I'll get it!" Squirrel volunteered and ran to open the door after making sure the comer was George and Danny by looking through the peek hole on the door.
        "So what's this 'talk' we need to have like, ten at night in person?" George acted all annoyed while taking Squirrel's seat beside Rabbit and stuffed some fries into his mouth from Rabbit's meal. Since her seat was taken, Squirrel transferred her food on a tray from the room and ate on the bed with Danny. Then George saw the device laying in front of him on the table and took a closer look at it, "Is this...an eavesdropping device?" George said in disbelief, "How did we not notice it before?!"
        Rabbit turned to face George and Danny while trying to finish off the food in her mouth, "This," she pointed at the thing in George's palm, "is the reason we need to talk in person at like--" she turn up to look at the time on the wall, "--10:03 at night"
        "I found it just after you guys left. That thing almost made me cripple!" Squirrel exaggerated while lifting up her feet to show Danny. "That thing is evil, it poked my innocent feet!"
        "How did you step on it?" Danny said with a chuckle and then realizing something, continued, "Wait, you stepped on it? It was on the floor the whole time? How did we not notice it before?!" Danny exclaimed.
        "You stole my line, that's exactly what I said seconds ago." George pointed out, "It's not you and me, so it's probably Prascale, she's the only one left who's interested in making you guys suffer."
        "So what now?" Rabbit asked.
        "Now," Danny proposed, "we just pretend we haven't found out that they found out, and we need to throw this thing away, it's making me uncomfortable," With that he threw the device along with Rabbit and Squirrel's now finish meal and threw the bag of rubbish out the window.
        "You did not just do that!" Rabbit and Squirrel said in alarm, "There's people walking down there!"
        "I just did, sorry not sorry," Danny shrugged and led them both into the bathroom to wash their dirty fingers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.8K 1.9K 29
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
104K 160 22
just my thoughts tyy for 40k reads in just 16 days BTW MY INSTA USERNAME IS NOW @yum1kim_
74.3K 3.3K 21
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
3.8M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...