Anbum Aranum Udaiththaayin

By Random_Sparks

அன்பும் அறனும் உடைத்தாயின் இல்வாழ்க்கை பண்பும் பயனும் அது. Can marriage be held in name of virtue with no lov... More

Vidhi
Thuyaram
Kaamam
Mana Kumaral
Nerukku Ner
Mudivu
Kilarchi
Kulappam
Avachol
Ninaivugal
Purakkanipu
Aravanaippu
Thelivu
Azhutham
Akkarai
Anbu
Unardhal
Vethanai
Ellai
Parisu
Kovam
Oppudhal
Pirivu
Sandhipu
Kaarpulli
Nallinakam
Nokkam
Kutra Unarchi
Vivagarathu
Unavagam
Illam
Ketuvai
Thaniyaga
Payirrunar
Pudavai
Sondham
Thirumanam
Udanpirappu
Irppu
Unarchi Purvam
Katandhu Pogum
Avan
Nambikai
Sudari
Pathukappu
Soan papadi
Kalangam
Unmai Tharunam
Varama Sabhama?
Uyir Uruvaadha
Tharunam
Anandha Naatkal
Munmozhivu
Yosanai
Edhirgalam
Niraivu
Senkathire
Emmatram
Grahapravesam
Poruppu
Kudumbam
Suya Mariyadhai
Urudhi
Alosanai
Pilavu
Arivuruthal
Nermai
Kadai Thirappu
Dhooram
Samarasam
Amaidhi
En Jeevan
Mogathirai
Nee Naan Naam
Nerukkam
Pathirikkai
Polivu
Ennavale
Marudhani
Maangalyam
Theeranadhi
Kootu Kudumbam
Irudhiurai
Nandrigal 🙏🏽

Varutham

1.2K 187 135
By Random_Sparks

September end, 2021 – Mullai's house

Days went by faster than Mullai had thought. Kathir never spoke about their future nor wedding after that day in the park. He acted normal around her. Now, Mullai was contemplating ways to bring back that topic and let him know her wish to marry him. She wished to have said yes when he had first asked her a month back.

One day Mullai came home tired after a hectic day at office. When she entered, she noticed her parents busy in talks and failed to notice her.

"Oruthi veetuku vandhadhu kuda theriyama apadi enna pechu rendu perum?.

Enna pa, amma edhavadhu tv serial villi'a thititu irukangala? Moonji ipadi asta konala pogudhey?", Mullai chuckled playfully seeing her mother rolls her eyes on her.

Parvathy did not counter back, which seemed odd for Mullai. She noticed her mom eye her dad and he nodded in negative.

"Enna ragasiyam pesarenga rendu perum?", Mullai questioned all her playfulness vanish in a second.

"Vishayatha nenga solrengala, illa naan solata?", Parvathy asked her husband still not responding to Mullai

Murugan stopped her "Chumma iru Parvathy. Pulla ipo than office la irundhu vandhu iruka. Vandhadhumey aramikadha"

He turned towards Mullai "Amadi. Po ma. Kai kaal kazhuvitu va. Sapidalam. Pakavey sorva iruka"

"Enna pa achu?", she asked starting to get worried

"Ada unga amma pathi theriyadha. Onum illadha vishathuku ipadi pesuva. Nee poitu va. Naan sapadu yeduthu vekarean"

Before Mullai could respond, she was interrupted by booming voice of her mother

"Enna onum illa? Yepadiyum solli thana aganum?

Inga paru Mulla. Trichyla irundhu oru varan vandhu iruku. Kasturi'ku therinja kudumbam, Payan anga oru factoryla managera irukar pola"

Mullai stood in shock trying to process her mother's words. After a minute, she looked at her father for help. Although he did not approve of Kathir, she expected him to give some time for her to make a decision. She looked at her father hopefully, when her mother cut her again.

"Nalaiku naanum, un appavum poi visharichutu varalamnu irukom. Ponna vaati mathiri, nala varana edavadhu solli thati kalichana paaru", Parvathy warned her.

Disappointment washed through her. When she realized her father was into it as well, she turned away from her father and faced her mother

"Amma, enaku indha kalyanam venam"

"Inga paru, kalyanam venamnu inum ethana naal solitu iruka pora. Nee 6 masam time ketta. Adhu epavo mudinjuduchu. Aparam patha payana, thevai ilama venamnu solla vecha. Ipo nee enna sonalum naan kekaradha illa. Nee kalyanam panra. Puriyudha?", Parvathy stated as an amendment.

"Amma.Konjam porumaiya naan solradha kelu. ", Mullai hoped her mother would listen without interrupting.

"Ippo panikama kelavi aana aparam pannika poriya? Un vazhkai keduthavan elam pulla pethukitu sandhosama irukan"

"AMMA!", yelled hoping to make her mother listen to her.

"Parvathy, aparama pesikalam. Pulaya modhala sapida vidu", Murugan played his trump card.

"Udaney vandutunga unga ponnuku supportku.

Inga paaru Mulla. Unaku epo kalyanam pananumnu engaluku theriyum. Idhuku mela pesa onum illa. Nee poi kai, kaal kazhuvitu va. Poi sapidalam", Parvathy replied and tried walking away.

"Amma kalyanam venamnu solala naan.Indha kalyanam venamnu than solrean" Mullai replied sternly making Parvathy stop in her tracks.

"Enna sonna?", Parvathy asked to clarify.

"Naan INDHA kalyanam than venamnu sonean", she replied looking directly at her mother.

"Amadi Mulla....", Murugan tried to cut her before it went out of control.

"Appa. Naan pesi mudichudarean"

Mullai breathes slowly to calm her down. Then in calm stern voice,

"Enaku Kathira pudichu iruku. Avana kalyanam pananumnu aasai padarean"

Murugan closed his eyes trying to prepare himself for the cyclone that was to follow.

"Kathira?", was the only words Parvathy could utter. She had been noticing the change in Mullai. She even spoke about it to her husband but not even in her wildest dreams expected it to be Kathir.

Mullai used the silence of Parvathy for her benefit.

"Amma, nee enna yosikaranu puriyudhu. Yepadiyum naan inoru kalayanam pananumnu than nee aasai padara. Adhu en enaku pudichavana iruka kudadhu? En pazhaya vazhkai therinju, purinja oruthana iruka kudadhu?", Mullai pleaded hoping to make Parvathy understand.

"Payithiyam than unaku pudichu iruku. Andha payan unna pathaley yerunji vizhuvan. Kaatan avan. Avana kalyanam panikanumnu nenaikariya nee??", Parvathy yelled losing her patience.

"Amma. Adhu elam epavo mariduchu. Andha veetla irukarapo kuda en kita nala vidama than pesi irukan. Ipo en mela avalavu anba irukan. Nee kovapadama naan solradha konjam yosichu paaru"

"Nee enna sonalum, andha veetuku nee thirumba poradha naan othuka matean. Adhuvum andha moota thookiya poi pudichu irukunu solra?"

"Amma! Avanum than andha kadaiku mudhalali. Adhu ilama, panra velaiya vechu edhuku oru manusana madhipu podara?"

"Seri di. Panra velaiya vidu. Andha kudumbathula oruthar kuda nee nala irukanumnu nenaika matanga. Apadi nenachu irundha, ipadi unna indha nelamayil kondadhu vitu iruka matanga. Adhuvum indha payan, kudumbathukaga unna thuki poda oru nimisham yosika matan. Nee than payithiyakari mathiri nambi yemaruva", Parvathy breathed fire.

"En Kathir enaikum apadi panna matan. Nee thevai ilama idhuku mela avana pathi thapa pesa venam. ", Mullai argued not ready to back off. 

Parvathy was almost wailing and hitting her head "Enadhu un Kathira? Enna di achu unaku?

Ayo ayo. Elam en thalai ezhuthu. Andha veetla unna nimadhiya irukavey vida matangala? Venumnu pazhi vanga than ipadi elam panranga"

Murugan interred. "Parvathy Podhum niruthu. ", Murugan came between them.

"Amadi...", he started to be stopped by Mullai

"Amma apadi nenacha adhu unmai ayidadhu. Nenga othukama indha kalyanam nadakadhu. Aana, Kathir thavira vera yaraiyum kalyanam panradha illa"

Mullai's mom stared and she stared back with tears swimming in her red, swollen eyes. Parvathy's eyes were red too but that was only due to the aftermath of her anger. Mullai's lips quivered at the sight of her

"Amadi. Unga amma en akka veetla irukaravangala pathi sonadhu thapu than. Aana, kovama sonalum, adhula nyayam irukuma. Idhu elam seriya varadhu ma. Nee konjam porumaiya yosi. ", Murugan tried to pacify Mullai.

Mullai's emotions were going haywire in her heart and they were all expressed through a single tear that fell from her eyes.

She turned her heels and headed towards the front door. She badly needed some time away from her mother.

"Amadi, enga ma pora indha nerathula?", Murugan hollered but Mullai did not reply. She slammed the door behind her and just ran to wherever the road lead her to.

Mullai kept running. She did not have a destination. As long as there was a road, she kept running. Her heart pounded to the beat of her feet against the hard ground as she panted and gasped her cried. She squeezed her eyes shut and came to a halt. She held onto her knees and fought her breath. Her lungs and throat were burning and the crying only made it difficult for her to breathe.

She looked up and realized she was at a bus stop. It was empty and she dragged her feet towards the seat of the bus stop and slumped down. The place was awfully quiet and loneliness sure as hell didn't make her situation any better.

Hours passed and she felt numb. She was not upset anymore. She knew she had to face these; however, reality was much harder than what she expected. She wanted to see Kathir and realized she left her phone at home when she dashed out.

When she was debating to go home or spend more time there, she saw Kathir's bike near the bus stand. He parked his bike and came stood next to her

He threw an 'I'm going to kill you' glare and said

"Unna veetla vitutu porean, va". He started walking only to realize she was still rooted to the spot.

Mullai was furious that he did not even care to ask her the reason for leaving home

" Enaku veetuku poga theriyum. Yarum kondu poi vida thevai illa", she murmured and brushed past him. Her head ached so much that it was about to explode. She was not ready to argue with him, when he did not even try to understand her side.

She felt his hand on her shoulder and she was forcefully flipped around.

"Velayadariya? Unna kanomnu padhari poi unga appa call panrar. Road roada rendu mani nerama unna theditu suthi irukean. Periya iva mathiri kochutu pora!"

"Naan onum kozhandai illa. Ennai yarum theda thevai illa. Vandha enaku thirumbi poga theriyadha?"

His eyebrows shot up "Oh apadiya? Romba sandhosam. Apo vayusuku etha mathiri nadathukanum. Ipadi veeta vitu vara kudadhu. Apadi varava, kaila phone ilama vera vandhu iruka. Unna pathi kavalai patta ennaiyey thituva. Apadi thana?

"Oh unaku en mela akarai kavalai elam iruka?", she scoffed at him

He took a deep breath and he looked like someone had just kicked him in the guts. He threw himself at the bench in the bus stand. He refrained from talking back knowing it would only end up in a heated argument. He sat there and just stared at the street in silence.

After a while, he sat up and rubbed his face with his hands. "Nee kochtu veeta vitu poitanu unga appa call panrapo, yepadi irunduchu theriyuma? Unna inga pakara varaikum en uyir en kita illa. Nee asalta enaku un mela akarai ilanu solra. Apadi thana? Seri apadiyey nenachuko. Unna veetla vitutu naan porean"

He looked at her with those pained stricken eyes and her heart sank. Fresh tears sprung in her eyes at the sight of him.

"Sorry Kathiru", she croaked. "Nee vandhadum en inga irukanu kuda kekala..adhan", she paused and tried to steady her shaky voice

"Veeta namala pathi solitean.."

Kathir sat up in a jerk. When when his mama called he did not give reasons why she left home. His heart began to thump like a beast trapped in a cage. He looked into her eyes trying to gauge her mindset. She looked lost and frightened.

"Othuka kastamnu theriyum. Aana unna pathi thapa pesinadhum kovam vanduduchu. Enna yarum purinjukalanu varutham, kovam. Anga oru nimisham kuda iruka venamnu thonichu. Adhan ipadi panitean. Nee theduvanu yosikala."

"Sorry", she whispered the last part.

He got up and pulled her towards him without saying a word, wrapping her in his warm swaddle of chest and strong arms. He was overwhelmed to realize, she started considering a future with him and has even stood up for them. It may not be exactly what he wanted, but it was enough for now. Standing here, being able to hold her and keep her within his hold. There is nothing, he would rather be talking now.

She just melted into him forgetting all her worries. She felt safe, protected. She wrapped her arms firmly around his waist as her tears silently stained his shirt. His chin rested on her shoulder as he gently caressed the back of her hair. She felt like home again and did not want to leave.

She hesitantly pulled away from his soothing hold a moment later, staring up at him.

Kathir pulls her back into his clutch and kisses her forehead

"Ipadi ninutey sollu"

A small smile creeped into her face after a long time this evening.

"Veetla enaku marubadiyum mapillai pathu irukanga. Kalyanam panna unnai than panuvenu solitean"

"Seri adhan solita illa? Aparam edhuku azhutu ipadi veetai vitu varanum?", he asked only to be hit on his chest by her.

"Unaku velayata iruku illa? En amma unna pathi yepadi thapa pesinanga theriyuma?"

"Unga amma enna pathi nala vidhama pesi irundha than achiriyam. Idhuku elam kochukita yepadi?", he tried to lighten the mood again and smiled mildly.

Mullai was angry with him now for taking the situation so lightly.

"Unna than kalyanam panipenu solli irukenu solrean. Nee jollya kadhai ketutu iruka? Adhuvum sirichutu", she scowled pushing herself away from him.

Kathir smiled broadly now irking Mullai more "Sirikara alavuku onum nadakala.Unna kalyanam panika kudadhunu solitanga. Adhan azhuthean. Unna pathi thapa pesitanganu kovam vera. Enna panradhunu theriyama inga vandhu okandutu irukean"

Kathir pulls her closer and places kisses on both her cheek. Mullai starts blushes over his ministrations.

"Naan enna solitu irukean, nee enna panra ipo?", she faked anger

"Adiyey! Ennai than kalyanam panipenu veetla solli iruka Sema sandhosama irukean. Adhan en varungala pondatiya katti pudichu mutham kudukarean.", Kathir bleamed in happiness. 

"Amam. Romba than. Roadla vechu pesara pecha paaru", she blushed and averted her gaze from him.

"Roadla kovama irundhalum thitara, mutham kuduthalum thitara. Ipo enna than pananum naan?", he faked innocence only to be hit again by Mullai.

Kathir laughs heartily and pulls her closer again

"Sulabama yarum othuka matanganu therinjadhu thana? Ipadi ovaruvatiyum indha pathi pesarapo, adhukunu sandai potu veeta vitu vara mudiyuma? Ipadi pannadha inametu. Puriyudha?",he told his concern evident in his voice. Mullai just shook her head affirmatively in response.

"Edhuva irundhalum pathukalam. Manasa potu kolapikadha", he assured leaving another kiss on her forehead

"Seri mama kavalaiya irupar. Va polam", Kathir said leading her to his bike.

On her way back, Mullai asked "Aama, en appa unaku yepadi call pannar?"

"Kochukitu, ennai than pakka vandhu irupenu nenachutar pola"

"oh!", she responded

"Unga appa therinjadhu kuda unaku theriyala", he murmured under his breath.

She heard him and moved closer to him, wrapping her hands around his waist. He smiled and placed his hand over hers and gave a slight reassuring squeeze. She laid her head on his shoulder and both stayed in silence for rest of the ride home.

When they reached home, she panicked on having to face her parents again. She was lost in thoughts, while she walked to her gate. She mentally scolded for not waving him bye and turned to notice him walking behind her.

"Inga enna panra Kathiru?", she raised her eyebrow questioningly. "Enga amma unna inga patha avalavu than."

While standing behind her, he rests a hand on her shoulder. Instantly, almost as if on reflex she slides her hand atop mine and runs her fingers along back of his hand.

"Nee kavalai padama kelambu, naan samalichukarean"

Love is unpredictable, and one does not know if good or bad is going to happen in love. Kathir hopes that they are together for a very long time, as he cannot imagine a life without her. He will do everything in his ability to make a life for them.

"Unga amma'va pakka than veetukey varean." He replied smoothly and walked ahead of her leaving Mullai in shock. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.2K 5.5K 71
love story based on our own KM!!!!!
389K 25.5K 125
An imaginary plot of Kathir and Mullai before their marriage!!!!! This story is completely a breezy one with no negatives , no twists and no turns...
11.2K 1.2K 8
Recreation the next day of KM shivarathiri🙈