To The Stars | Tokito Muichir...

Von astropheia

When creatures die in peace, their souls will go to the stars and reside there. Once the star dies, that soul... Mehr

00 • Character Introduction
01 • Dance of Blood and Death
02 • Lost Happiness
03 • An Unusual Breadcrumb
04 • The Last of Three Kings
05 • Escape by Death
06 • Unwavering Conviction
07 • Choices
08 • The Butterfly Estate
09 • Shared Happiness
10 • The Star and The Wind
11 • Forgotten Priorities
12 • Breaths
13 • The Pillar Meeting
13.5 • Taisho Secrets #1
14 • The Final Selection
15 • Ambitious Tendencies
16 • Impasse
17 • Ophiuchus
18 • Acknowledgement
19 • Resurfaced Memories
20 • Letting Go
21 • The Pandora Box
22 • Pillar Arm Wrestling Competition
22.5 • Taisho Secrets #2
23 • Forest of the Undead
24 • Silver and Gold
25 • Late Winter Gift
26 • Tomioka Gaiden
27 • Better Left Unseen
28 • Chocolate #1
29 • Chocolate #2
30 • Home Not Sweet Home
31 • Haunted Hinamatsuri
32 • Bloodstained Cherry Blossom
33 • The Project
34 • Reading Fate
35 • Child Hazard
36 • Demon Under The Sea
37 • Old Habits
38 • Bloody Mary
39 • The Star Estate
40 • Midnight Sun
41 • Presence of the Dead
42 • Hunting Bait
43 • Festive Normalcy
43.5 • Taisho Secrets #3
44 • Sympathy For the Damned
45 • The Search for Tamayo
46 • Bargains and Negotiations
47 • Mount Natagumo
48 • Trial by the Demon Slayer Pillars
49 • The Moving Clockwork
50 • Technique Development Training
51 • Deadbeat
52 • Protector
53 • The Infinity Train
54 • The Third Waxing Moon
55 • Docile Komainu
56 • The Pillars' Support
57 • Recovery
59 • Sisters
60 • Snake in the Grass
61 • Blood Red Flower District
62 • Omen
63 • Rat Hunting
64 • For Forever
65 • Dread
66 • Irony
67 • Heart-Moving Influence
68 • Love Talk
69 • Confessions
70 • The Village of Swordsmiths
71 • Uninvited Guests
72 • Attack of Two Waxing Moons
73 • The Clearing Mist
74 • Conqueror of the Sun
75 • Strategy
76 • Hellish Training
77 • Last Preparations
78 • The Master's Gratitude
79 • Welcome to the Infinity Castle
80 • Catastrophe
81 • Steadfast Pillars
82 • Struggles and Conviction
83 • Revival
84 • The Countdown to Dawn
85 • Shining Blades
86 • One Last Fight
87 • Ray of Hope
88 • To The Stars
89 • Kibutsuji Muzan's End
90 • Kanamaru's Memories
91 • Village of the Isolated Sun
92 • The Connected Lives
Bonus Chapter: Dead Special
Bonus Chapter: Demons Special
Bonus Chapter: Five Senses Squad Special
Bonus Chapter: Pillars Special
Bonus Chapter: Flamboyant Trio Special
Bonus Chapter: Shinazugawa Brothers Special
Bonus Chapter: Lovely Snake Family Special
Bonus Chapter: Tomioka Giyu Special
Bonus Chapter: Kanamaru Special
92.5 • Taisho Secrets #4
93 • A Kinder Life
93.5 • Taisho Secrets #5

58 • Dance of the Crimson Sun

3.4K 125 98
Von astropheia

Inori watched with wide eyes as Tanjiro performed the Hinokami Kagura. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. It's the Sun Breathing. At least, he moved like how she remembered Yoriichi had when she was younger. It's obviously an imitation if I look into it deeply, but it resembles Yoriichi-sama's Sun Breathing so much that people would assume it was the original Sun Breathing at first glance.

Tanjiro suddenly gasped and doubled over, heaving as he tried to regain control over his breathing. Zenitsu and Inosuke, who were doing their own training, immediately crowded over him with flailing arms.

"Your techniques are amazing, but it requires a lot of power." Inori crouched in front of him, handing over a bottle of water. "Your body is not keeping up with the strain. Instead of focusing on your techniques, you should first make your body stronger."

"How...how do I do that?"

"Well, there's really no other option than to train like hell." Inori clapped her hands together with a smile. "That being said, thirty laps around my estate. Go."

Zenitsu wailed and tried to cling onto her, but was ultimately dragged by Inosuke to start running. Inori chuckled as the three boys ran around her estate, moving to sit beside Kyojuro who was watching them from the porch.

"So, how are they?" Kyojuro crossed his arms as he beamed at her. "Did you find something interesting in Young Kamado's Hinokami Kagura?"

"It's Sun Breathing, all right," Inori answered with a gleeful smile. "I'm glad to know somebody managed to preserve Yoriichi-sama's swordsmanship skills." She was almost vibrating in her seat due to how giddy she was. "The Hinokami Kagura is an imitation, but it's the closest thing to the original that I've seen so far, completely different from my past attempts."

"Do you think you can master it too?"

"If I try hard enough, I think I can," Inori answered, drumming her fingers on the wooden floor. "I should try combining the Crimson Dance with the Hinokami Kagura. Both dances are referenced from Sun Breathing, so maybe I can create an even more accurate imitation by combining the two of them."

Yoriichi moved with so much grace that Inori considered his swordsmanship to be more beautiful than the dances many imperial dancers had shown her. Of course, when she told him that, he looked embarrassed. Then, he smiled so gently and told her, "My swordsmanship is of no worth. But if it can save you, then perhaps it is worth something."

"That's amazing! Set your heart ablaze, Young Hoshizora!" Kyojuro snapped her out of her thoughts by patting her back as powerfully as ever despite his injuries, which was good. "By the way, am I still not allowed to go back just for a short while?"

Inori sighed, but ultimately nodded. "Fine, just don't move around too much, or else you'll injure yourself again." Kyojuro may have escaped death and permanent incapacitation, but if his recovery wasn't monitored intensively, there was a chance he would never be able to hold a sword or walk normally again. "And come back as soon as you're done, your injuries still need a lot of tending to."

"Don't worry! I want to go on missions again too!"

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"Brother! Welcome back!" Senjuro engulfed his brother in a hug, beaming up at him. "Are you finally discharged, Brother?"

"Unfortunately, Young Hoshizora still put me under house arrest. I'm only here to show Young Kamado something." Kyojuro ruffled his little brother's hair. "But no worries! I will be better in no time, and you can visit me whenever you want."

Kyojuro led both Tanjiro and Senjuro inside, indulging himself in Senjuro's babbles about his adoration towards the Star Pillar and what happened while he was unconscious. He was glad that his little brother had someone other than him to look up to, it put him at ease.

The three of them went into the estate's library, rummaging through the shelves for the records the previous Flame Pillars had left behind. Kyojuro frowned upon opening the books, finding most of them to be completely destroyed and torn into shreds.

"I'm sorry, Young Kamado. It seems like my father had torn it apart." He offered Tanjiro an apologetic smile. "You purposely came all the way here, but couldn't find anything new about the Hinokami Kagura or Sun Breathing."

"Ah, no, it's fine, Rengoku-san," Tanjiro assured. "It doesn't change what I have to do. Besides, Inori-san already told me a few things about it. I just need to train some more and get my body used to performing my techniques so I can do the Hinokami Kagura perfectly."

Tanjiro clenched his fists on his lap. He understood why Inori's technique development training was highly recommended. Not only did she help him improve his Water Breathing techniques, but she also provided him with advice on how to perform the Hinokami Kagura, as if she had also been taught about the dance. Which, after listening to her story, understood that she had, in fact, been taught by the Sun Breathing user himself.

"When I use Total Concentration, my body becomes less agile than I originally thought, so my body isn't keeping up with the speed of my techniques. That's on me." That made Tanjiro frown, though he was unaware of the smile Kyojuro gave him, and the look of awe Senjuro had.

"My stamina has increased since I could use Total Concentration constantly, but it's still not enough." Because even if he knew where the mistakes were, even if he knew the theories to perfection, his body couldn't keep up with his mind, and he would end up failing. "I've constantly thought about it, but there's really no easy way out or shortcuts in getting stronger. I just have to train past my limits every day until I can be stronger."

Kyojuro placed his hand on top of Tanjiro's head, ruffling it lightly. "That's the spirit, Young Kamado! I believe in you!" He declared, beaming at the younger boy. "I never had the chance to say this, but I believe in all of you! Including your sister who protected the passengers back then despite her own injuries! I believe all of you can become great swordsmen!"

His grin was bright as usual, or maybe it was even brighter. "So, live with your head held high. I believe you all can become the future pillars that will help support the demon slayers!"

"Yes, Rengoku-san!"

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"You really are amazing, Tanjiro-san." Senjuro placed the teacup in front of Tanjiro. "My brother, he never had a tsuguko to succeed in the Flame Pillar position," he told the demon slayer. "Originally, I was supposed to be his tsuguko and the reserve Flame Pillar, but my blade never changed colors."

The blade was still stored somewhere in the house, and Senjuro would feel his heart pang every time he saw its box. Even though his brother had taught him so passionately, Senjuro's blade remained a dull silver.

"I have to acquire a certain degree of swordsmanship skills, or the blade won't change colors. But no matter how much I trained, it was useless." Senjuro wiped the tears falling from his eyes. "So, I gave up on becoming a swordsman."

He remembered how his heart would break every time he saw his brother training someone, and he remembered his irritation whenever they would run away. His brother may have a strict training program, but anybody who had succeeded—namely the Love Pillar herself—would know just how effective his training was. Many had been blessed with talents he didn't possess, and they just discarded them because they couldn't handle his brother's training.

"Inori nee-san told me that I don't need to be like Brother or like her to be strong, I can be strong as myself." He later learned that those were the words the Sun Breather user—her mentor had told her when she couldn't master Sun Breathing. "So, even if I can't be a swordsman, I'll try to be useful in another way. It'll break the long history of Flame Pillars and make a scar in our family name, but my brother will definitely forgive me."

He didn't even need to ask because his brother has always supported him. No matter what he chose or however badly he was discouraged, his brother has always stood behind him, ready to catch him should he fall, and ready to help him with a bright smile on his face. That was why Senjuro thought it was fine even if the title of the Flame Pillar stopped in his brother's generation.

"Senjuro-kun, please don't mind what others say," Tanjiro stated. "If there is anyone who badmouths you, I will headbutt them."

"Please don't do that." Senjuro deadpanned with teary eyes. "You're just like Inori nee-san who promised to kick anyone who bullies me."

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Kyojuro took a deep breath before knocking on his father's door, sliding it open and sitting beside the door. "Good morning, Father. It's Kyojuro." His father didn't turn around, continuing to stare at the yard with a bottle of sake beside him. But that didn't discourage the Flame Pillar. "I'm back. I have to return to the Star Estate since I'm not fully recovered yet, so I wanted to greet you while I have the chance."

Shinjuro ignored his son, raising his sake bottle to take another chug before stopping just as his lips touched the bottle. He slammed the bottle down and turned around, rushing to engulf his son in a hug, tears streaming down his eyes.

"Kyojuro! Welcome back. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Kyojuro froze, staring with wide eyes beyond his father's shoulder. His fingers slowly regained their mobility, then his hands, then his arms. Before he even realized it, he was burying his face into Shinjuro's shoulder with his fingers tightly clutching his yukata.

"I'm back, Father."

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Kyojuro watched with a comically shocked expression as Tanjiro was being chased around by his swordsmith, who was for some reason carrying two knives and had two more knives tied around his head, around Inori's garden—oh, Young Hoshizora won't be pleased if her flowers get cut.

"What the hell were you thinking, losing that sword, you bastard?!" Haganezuka continued to chase after Tanjiro, cursing the slayer so loudly that the people inside the estate could hear him. "You deserve death! Death! Death! Slit your stomach open, bastard! Atone for my sword with your life!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Tanjiro screeched, avoiding the knives aimed at slashing his neck off. He hastily scaled up the closest tree. "I'm truly very sorry! Please forgive me!"

"Haganezuka-san." Inori smiled venomously, finally stepping onto the porch. "Don't you dare touch my trees with that knife. Calm yourself." Despite her venomous tone, Inori had a plate of mitarashi dango in her hands. "Tanjiro-san is injured and will die if he continues to aggravate his injuries, so calm down and have some of this." It took a lot of persuasion, threats, and bribery for Haganezuka to finally calm down, settling on just punching Tanjiro over and over again.

"Oh, that reminds me, Young Kamado." Kyojuro rummaged through his pockets. "I wanted to give this to you."

Tanjiro stared at the flame-shaped tsuba with wide eyes, flailing his arms out as his cheeks grew warm, looking absolutely flustered. "No...this is Rengoku-san's...there's no way I can accept something so precious and—"

"I heard from Young Hoshizora." Kyojuro gestured towards the Star Pillar who was busy training with Inosuke and Zenitsu. "You protected Senjuro and even got angry at my father for badmouthing me. I heard that you also headbutted him."

Tanjiro flushed red at the memory. "I'm really sorry for headbutting your father."

"Headbutting aside." Kyojuro waved him off. "I want to thank you for protecting Senjuro." He handed the tsuba over to the younger boy. "I believe that this will protect you in some way in the future, so please accept it."

He found it in the library when he was clearing things up, the box where Senjuro stored his sword that couldn't change colors. The tsuba on that sword also took the shape of a flame, but they were smaller. It was a gift from him, a sign that he would always have Senjuro's back. But that tsuba and sword just became a harsh reminder of Senjuro's failure.

"I will use Senjuro's sword from now on." He had gotten permission, and he had hugged his brother who cried joyous tears. "That way, I can carry Senjuro's feelings and dreams into battle with me."

Tanjiro held the tsuba as if he was holding a rare gemstone. He could feel tears streaming down his eyes as he smiled. "Yes, I will definitely live up to your expectations, Rengoku-san."

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"Yoriichi-sama told me that he gave his hanafuda earrings to someone named Sumiyoshi, I assume he is your ancestor," Inori explained. "He told me, indirectly, how he saved Sumiyoshi-san and his wife from some demons and how the couple welcomed him and made him feel human."

Inori remembered laughing because Yoriichi said that Sumiyoshi and Suyako just decided to live in the house he and Uta used to live in. Granted, Yoriichi had abandoned that house when Uta and his child were killed, and it was no longer his home, so he was glad that meager shack managed to become a home for his friend. Plus, that was how he met them. 

"Perhaps, your ancestor created the Hinokami Kagura in hopes of thanking Yoriichi-sama by continuing his legacy." She remembered smiling to the point of tears when Yoriichi told her how he felt a bit redeemed when Suyako was able to give birth safely. That time, Yoriichi had rushed to get a midwife, not daring to risk what happened to Uta happening to Suyako. "Because Yoriichi-sama's wife and child were brutally murdered by demons."

"Really? Tsugikuni Yoriichi sounds like an amazing person. I really wish I could meet him too. I want to thank him for saving my ancestors," Tanjiro said dreamily, knowing it was an impossible wish.

"Yoriichi-sama was a father and a teacher to me." Even if he couldn't touch her, she could always feel his gentle and warm hands. "He never discouraged me when I failed and always tried to help me in any way he could. I probably wouldn't be alive right now if not for him." Inori smiled at the memories that flashed through her mind.

"He saved my village too." Regardless of what the village decided to do as a sign of gratitude, it didn't change the fact that Yoriichi had saved them. "Perhaps, both your Kagura and the Crimson Dance are imitations of Sun Breathing created to thank him." She stared up at the sky, the clouds were blocking the sun from her sight. "Obviously, the copy will not be the same as the original, and I doubt Muzan will feel threatened by the pathetic excuse we call Sun Breathing, but a replica is still better than nothing."

"Inori-san?"

"Tanjiro-san, please teach me your Kagura." Inori looked at Tanjiro straight in his eyes, her own mismatched ones burning with determination. "I will combine it with the Crimson Dance and my own memory of seeing the Sun Breathing. I will recreate the closest thing to Sun Breathing." She would become a true disciple of Tsugikuni Yoriichi. "I will definitely defeat Muzan, maybe not alone, but I will contribute my all to his end. I promised myself I will help them all go to the stars, and I intend to fulfill it."

Tanjiro held her hands in his, beaming at the Star Pillar with his own unwavering resolve. "Please help me as well, Inori-san!" He declared. "We will definitely defeat Muzan together!"

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"The Crimson Dance is an imitation that is way more inferior than the Hinokami Kagura." Even as her mouth talked, her body moved, swinging her swords and taking graceful steps to the beat of a silent music. "Yoriichi-sama once said that the Crimson Dance is like the basics of breathing styles, faint but foundational. Most of my Star Breathing forms are also using the movements of the Crimson Dance combined with other forms."

Tanjiro struggled to keep up with Inori's rapid dancing, floundering like a fish on dry land. He sadly realized just how lacking grace his movements were. As expected of pillars, I only showed her the steps and she already started dancing better than me.

"Whoever created the Crimson Dance must've been less talented than Sumiyoshi-san, the creator of the Hinokami Kagura. That, or because the creator was only looking at Yoriichi-sama's feet." Inori twirled gracefully, swinging her swords as she would her dancing staves. "Be that as it may, they're both referenced from the same thing, so there are many movements that look similar to each other."

"But"—Tanjiro gasped, forcing himself to keep up with her dancing—"but the Hinokami Kagura doesn't need that many flips or kicks. Did Sun Breathing have the same footwork as the Crimson Dance too?"

"No, the Crimson Dance is like the modified version of Sun Breathing, with stronger footwork but weaker arm movements. An exaggeration, you might say." Inori didn't stop even as Tanjiro collapsed from exhaustion. "Which is why I'm trying to combine the two dances. I may not be able to master the original Sun Breathing, but copying and modifying breathing forms is my specialty."

Tanjiro continued to watch as Inori danced, feeling more and more amazed as the seconds passed. But there was one question plaguing his mind. "Inori-san, I don't mean to be rude, but why weren't you able to master Sun Breathing before?"

"I never tried it again after I failed when I was nine," Inori answered with a shrug. "I've been trying for four years to master Sun Breathing. But I failed, so I figured I was just not cut out for it." When Yoriichi left her and never came back, she thought she was just not worthy of mastering the Sun Breathing, so she gave up. "Now that I think about it, forcing my nine-year-old body to keep up with this technique is just cruel. Perhaps I was being too hasty and gave up too early."

Perhaps the reason why Yoriichi left was because he wanted her to rely on her own strength and not just copy him. That certainly was something Yoriichi would do. He may not be the best at forming words, but Yoriichi was kind, and Inori knew he wouldn't have abandoned her for no reason.

"That's why, I really want to thank you, Tanjiro-san." Inori flashed him a smile. "Yoriichi-sama told me that I don't need to be him to be strong, and the Sun Breathing is nothing more than the foundation of all breathing styles, but I'm really grateful for being given the chance to finally master it."

"No, Inori-san is also helping me, so I should be the one thanking you." Tanjiro bowed. "For saving Rengoku-san, for helping us out during the mission, and for helping us train. Thank you very much."

Inori flushed with happiness at the gratitude he displayed. "I'm just fulfilling my duties, but it really has been a great pleasure to train with you three." She grinned, nodding in the direction of the two approaching boys. "I can see that you have potential."

"Oi, Inojukon!" Inosuke rushed towards her, looking battered. "The great Inosuke-sama has finished your training! Fight me! I will prove to you that I am the boss!"

"That's great, Inosuke-san." Inori clapped her hands, letting Inosuke bask in her compliments. "You really have good senses, so let's sharpen it up. I'm sure you can dodge all the traps I've set all over the woods."

"Hah! Don't underestimate me, you rainbow head! I'll rip your breasts off, damn you!" Inosuke stomped towards the woods near the Star Estate, determined to prove himself.

"Inori-chan, I can't do this anymore." Zenitsu bumped into Inosuke in his hurry to cling onto Inori's leg, tears streaming down his eyes. "This is too much! I can't do this anymore! Please, please, at the very least marry me before I die!"

"You won't die." Inori patted his head. "It's just training to improve your hearing since you three have amazing senses. Please try your best, Zenitsu-san."

"Inori-chan! As I thought, please marry—"

"What do you think you're doing?"

The three slayers stiffened at the cold voice, turning their heads to see the Mist Pillar glaring at them. Zenitsu immediately whimpered, hiding behind Inori. Inosuke felt himself shivering, but ultimately kept a strong facade on. Tanjiro had to suppress his urge to flinch at the harsh glare directed at him.

"Mui!" But Inori beamed, rushing to engulf Muichiro in a hug. "You're back. How did the mission go? Are you injured?"

"I'm fine." The trio felt like they had just gotten whiplashed when Muichiro smiled softly at Inori, the complete opposite of the glare he gave them as he turned to face them again. "By the way, who are they? I don't think they're pillars, so what are they doing here?"

"They're here for technique development training," Inori answered, blissfully ignorant of the glare he sent to the three slayers, chattering away with him. She didn't even hesitate to agree to Muichiro's offer for a spar, unaware of the intrigued reactions she received from her juniors.

"Oh, Tokito!" Kyojuro waved his hand upon seeing the Mist Pillar. "How are you?"

"The flaming owl...your left eye is missing."

"It's Rengoku Kyojuro." Kyojuro beamed, unbothered as ever. "And I lost my eye during my fight with Upper Moon Three. I'm recovering right now."

"Recovering does not involve heavy training one week after waking up," Inori scolded, lightly shoving the Flame Pillar out of her dojo. "I already told you that you're not allowed to train. Your internal organs were injured, and your ribs were broken. You're allowed to walk around, but don't train."

Kyojuro laughed as he ruffled her hair, but he obliged, nonetheless. He did beckon the three slayers to come in and watch the match though. The four of them ended up huddling at the far corner of the dojo.

Tanjiro gawked as he watched the fight begin. "I...I can't see them at all." All he could see were blurry black and purple figures. The sound of clashing wooden swords echoed throughout the dojo, but that was the only thing his senses could pick up easily.

"Sharpen your eyes, Young Kamado! It won't do if you can't see speedy enemies." Kyojuro slapped Tanjiro's back. "Young Hoshizora's strength is her speed, but there are lots of demons out there who are faster than her. You need to get used to it."

Mist Breathing: Third Form: Scattering Mist Splash

Hinokami Kagura: Setting Sun Transformation

"Oi, isn't that—"

"That's Monjiro's—"

"My technique?"

Muichiro felt his eyes widen ever so slightly. "Is that a new breathing style? Did you create it? I've never seen it before." He dodged Inori's strike, skidding to a stop a fair distance away from her. "It's pretty."

"Yeah? I learned it from Tanjiro-san."

Mist Breathing: Second Form: Eight-Layered Mist

Hinokami Kagura: Burning Bones, Summer Sun

"But we just started learning Hinokami Kagura today." Tanjiro gaped, watching as Inori twirled and slashed gracefully. "Inori-san is really amazing."

"That so? I think her techniques are rather sloppy at the moment," Kyojuro commented with a smile, shocking the three slayers. "Young Hoshizora probably thinks so too, but that's because this is her first time using it in a match. I'm sure her forms will have some modification as time goes on."

"A worthy opponent!" Inosuke laughed, springing onto his feet. "Inosuke-sama approves of Inodekon!"

"Isn't Inori-chan too strong?" Zenitsu wailed into Tanjiro's lap. "Why are all the cute girls like this?"

"Zenitsu!" Tanjiro frantically gestured toward the stunned Kyojuro. "Besides, didn't you see the matching rings on Inori-san and Tokito-kun? They're probably engaged or something."

"Hah? Inori-chan? With that dead-eyed freak—" Tanjiro didn't let Zenitsu talk any further, hastily clamping the blond's mouth shut with his hands.

"No, they're not engaged or anything. They're not even lovers." Kyojuro laughed, shaking his head. "Ah, but Uzui placed bets on when they will eventually start courting. My bet is in six months."

"Huh? But what about the rings?"

"They got it as a sign of gratitude from the villagers they saved during a mission." Kyojuro chuckled upon recalling the memory. "Young Hoshizora doesn't even know what wedding rings mean."

"Huh? So, Inori-chan is dense—"

"Zenitsu!"

"Young Hoshizora can be quite dense, like Shinazugawa."

"Rengoku-san!"

Meanwhile, Inori and Muichiro were too busy clashing swords to realize that they were being gossiped about right in front of their eyes. Their ears did feel itchy though, for some unknown reason.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Muichiro watched as Inori continued to perform the Hinokami Kagura. The dark starry sky brightened like dawn every time she swung her swords, the illusionary glowing light being the proof of her strength.

Hinokami Kagura: Dance

Hinokami Kagura: Clear Blue Sky

Hinokami Kagura: Raging Sun

Hinokami Kagura: Burn—

"Gah!" Inori slipped and crashed onto the floor, doubling over as she tried to gasp for air. She palmed the fabric around her chest as if hoping she could claw out her heart and make it beat normally again. The only thing grounding her to reality was the hand placed on her back. Ah, Muichiro's hand really is warm.

Muichiro helped her drink slowly, frowning at her state. "This is the sixth time. I don't think your body is used to the technique." Despite his words, he still helped her stand up again, handing over her twin wooden swords so she could start again. "You said this is the best imitation of Sun Breathing, right?"

Inori wiped the blood that dripped down her nose, panting heavily as she gripped her swords. "I have a feeling that I can do it this time. I used to dance the Crimson Dance and even learned Sun Breathing from the creator himself, and my body is no longer that weak nine-year-old girl." The dance was incomplete, but she still managed to do the first few parts. "I already have a reference, so I just need to modify it like how I would any other breathing style." Forcing her legs to move, Inori performed the dance once again. "I'm going to make it my own."

Muichiro picked up a wooden sword, swinging it alongside her. "It's better to train together, right? I probably won't be able to master that, but I can at least improve myself," he explained upon seeing the questioning look Inori gave him.

"I feel like I'm being a bad influence on your sleeping schedule." Inori chuckled. But despite her words, she felt grateful for Muichiro. They continued to train side by side until the sky started to brighten.

It was only when the sky had turned from dark indigo to pastel yellow did Inori finally dropped her swords and let herself fall to her knees. Sweat trickled down her chin like a leaking faucet. Her lungs burned with how much she had strained them, and she coughed harshly when she tried to take a deep breath.

There was a hand in front of her face, and Inori accepted it, letting him pull her to her feet. She climbed onto the porch with him in tow, grabbing her haori which she had taken off for training. Taking off her boots, she walked back into her home, Muichiro following beside her.

"Mui, you're like my pillar, you know," Inori suddenly said as she went to prepare breakfast. "The one who supports me when I can't support myself. I'm really thankful. Thank you for always being there for me."

Despite not fully understanding her statement, Muichiro still felt heat crawling up to his cheeks. "You too," he mumbled. "Inori, you're also like a star. A bright star that can't be hidden by the mist. I think that's why I always remember you. So, thank you for being my star."

Inori decided that she should check her temperature before going on her next mission.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

920K 13.7K 47
I don't own the anime/manga 'Demon Slayer' or the images used in this book this is just a fanfic. Feel free to send requests, sorry but "x Reader" ch...
69.6K 3.1K 30
❝ THERE is no denying that there is evil in this world, but the light will always conquer the darkness. ❞ 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | slow...
467K 10.2K 18
𝐞𝐜𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲 noun ec·sta·sy \ˈek-stə-sē\ : 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴; 𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵. [REQUESTS ARE CLOSED] "...
109K 4.2K 14
"If reincarnation was real, I would like to travel to a world where I can live peacefully." Reincarnated into a new world, Y/n tries her best to prev...