To The Stars | Tokito Muichir...

astropheia

When creatures die in peace, their souls will go to the stars and reside there. Once the star dies, that soul... Еще

00 • Character Introduction
01 • Dance of Blood and Death
02 • Lost Happiness
03 • An Unusual Breadcrumb
04 • The Last of Three Kings
05 • Escape by Death
06 • Unwavering Conviction
07 • Choices
08 • The Butterfly Estate
09 • Shared Happiness
10 • The Star and The Wind
11 • Forgotten Priorities
12 • Breaths
13 • The Pillar Meeting
13.5 • Taisho Secrets #1
14 • The Final Selection
15 • Ambitious Tendencies
16 • Impasse
17 • Ophiuchus
18 • Acknowledgement
19 • Resurfaced Memories
20 • Letting Go
21 • The Pandora Box
22 • Pillar Arm Wrestling Competition
22.5 • Taisho Secrets #2
23 • Forest of the Undead
24 • Silver and Gold
25 • Late Winter Gift
26 • Tomioka Gaiden
27 • Better Left Unseen
28 • Chocolate #1
29 • Chocolate #2
30 • Home Not Sweet Home
31 • Haunted Hinamatsuri
32 • Bloodstained Cherry Blossom
33 • The Project
34 • Reading Fate
35 • Child Hazard
36 • Demon Under The Sea
37 • Old Habits
38 • Bloody Mary
39 • The Star Estate
40 • Midnight Sun
41 • Presence of the Dead
42 • Hunting Bait
43 • Festive Normalcy
43.5 • Taisho Secrets #3
44 • Sympathy For the Damned
45 • The Search for Tamayo
46 • Bargains and Negotiations
47 • Mount Natagumo
48 • Trial by the Demon Slayer Pillars
49 • The Moving Clockwork
50 • Technique Development Training
51 • Deadbeat
52 • Protector
53 • The Infinity Train
55 • Docile Komainu
56 • The Pillars' Support
57 • Recovery
58 • Dance of the Crimson Sun
59 • Sisters
60 • Snake in the Grass
61 • Blood Red Flower District
62 • Omen
63 • Rat Hunting
64 • For Forever
65 • Dread
66 • Irony
67 • Heart-Moving Influence
68 • Love Talk
69 • Confessions
70 • The Village of Swordsmiths
71 • Uninvited Guests
72 • Attack of Two Waxing Moons
73 • The Clearing Mist
74 • Conqueror of the Sun
75 • Strategy
76 • Hellish Training
77 • Last Preparations
78 • The Master's Gratitude
79 • Welcome to the Infinity Castle
80 • Catastrophe
81 • Steadfast Pillars
82 • Struggles and Conviction
83 • Revival
84 • The Countdown to Dawn
85 • Shining Blades
86 • One Last Fight
87 • Ray of Hope
88 • To The Stars
89 • Kibutsuji Muzan's End
90 • Kanamaru's Memories
91 • Village of the Isolated Sun
92 • The Connected Lives
Bonus Chapter: Dead Special
Bonus Chapter: Demons Special
Bonus Chapter: Five Senses Squad Special
Bonus Chapter: Pillars Special
Bonus Chapter: Flamboyant Trio Special
Bonus Chapter: Shinazugawa Brothers Special
Bonus Chapter: Lovely Snake Family Special
Bonus Chapter: Tomioka Giyu Special
Bonus Chapter: Kanamaru Special
92.5 • Taisho Secrets #4
93 • A Kinder Life
93.5 • Taisho Secrets #5

54 • The Third Waxing Moon

2.7K 103 28
astropheia

Tanjiro stared at the demon with wide eyes. Upper Moon Three? Why is he here now? But before he could think any further, the demon leaped with a fist raised and aimed to crush his brains out.

Flame Breathing: Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun

Kyojuro planted his feet on the ground, pushing himself to stand as he swung his sword upwards, slicing the demon's arm in half. The demon merely backflipped away, holding his mutilated arm out for display. Then, he proceeded to make a show of snapping it back together.

"Not bad," the demon praised, licking the blood off his regenerated wound. "That's a nice katana."

He regenerates quickly...and there's this intense sense of dread. Kyojuro tightened his grip on his sword. So, this is an upper moon. "I cannot understand why you're targeting a wounded person." He moved to stand in front of Tanjiro. Upper Moon Three? So, this is the one with the ability to use a compass that can sense incoming attacks. Should I simply move faster than he could sense? Young Hoshizora's information said he fights with fists.

"I thought he might interrupt the conversation we're about to have."

"You and I have something to talk about?" Kyojuro narrowed his eyes. Inori's information didn't mention much about the demons' personalities, if there were any at all, so Kyojuro needed to keep his calm and not get provoked. "It's our first time meeting, but I already hate you."

"Is that so? I really hate weak humans too." The demon grinned. "When I look at weaklings, I feel disgusted. I can't help but want to kill them."

"It looks like you and I have different moral values and opinions regarding that as well." Kyojuro scowled, silently clicking his tongue. Not only was he rather worn out from the previous fight, but he also has to protect the fallen soldier behind him.

"Ah, I see." The demon shrugged. "Well, that's fine, I won't hate others for having different opinions. But I have a wonderful proposal for you." The demon raised his arm, grinning widely. "How about you become a demon too?"

"I refuse."

"So hasty. Why won't you think about it?" The demon swirled his finger as if drawing in the air. "I know your strength just by looking at you. You're a pillar, right? Your battle spirit is quite polished. You're getting close to supreme territory."

"I am the Flame Pillar, Rengoku Kyojuro." Kyojuro gripped his sword. An upper moon, none of us have ever met them before. Not Inori, the pillar with the highest number of demon moon kills, or Sanemi, the pillar with the highest number of demon kills, or even Gyomei, the longest-lasting pillar of their generation.

I expected it, but to face two of the Twelve Demon Moons in one night...I have to try killing him, but at the very least, I should collect his blood so Young Hoshizora and Kocho can make a huge progress with their project. Because while Kyojuro didn't fully understand what they were doing, their project would save many lives and offer tremendous help should they confront Muzan. Even if I die, I have to protect the passengers and my juniors, and help the corps in any way I can to defeat Kibutsuji Muzan.

"I'm Akaza," The demon introduced himself. "Kyojuro, let me tell you why you aren't crossing into supreme territory." Akaza pointed his finger at the Flame Pillar. "Because you're human. You'll grow old and weak and die," he said with so much spite that Kyojuro clicked his tongue again. "Become a demon, Kyojuro. If you do, you can continue fighting for eternity. You can become stronger. The strongest."

Nice proposal, if I was someone who chased after power for myself. But unfortunately for the demon, Kyojuro was not a desperate man. He didn't need to be strongest for himself. He needed to be the strongest because there were people under him who relied on his ability to protect them.

"I have no care in becoming stronger just for the sake of it." Strength only meant something to him because strength was what allowed him to survive and become the pillar people relied on. "If I have to state a reason why I want to grow stronger, it would be so I can protect more people with my blade."

He was sure that was what the other pillars thought as well. Their visions and methods may not be the same as his, but Kyojuro respected them all the same. Because they were all people who went far and beyond what was humanely possible to protect others. Because they were people who risked their life and future for the sake of others.

"Besides, the stars are where I want to go after death."

"The stars?"

Akaza sounded very confused, and that was probably the only thing he and Kyojuro shared in common. Because Kyojuro, too, was often confused with Inori's talks about the stars. But it was endearing how the younger girl talked about her beliefs and all the things her mentors had taught her, and he couldn't say he never learned from her, as much as the Star Pillar was unaware of it.

"Growing old and dying is the beauty of the fleeting creatures called humans," Kyojuro said, his smile gone from his face. "It's because we grow old and die that our lives have tremendous value and nobility." It was because their time was limited that they were able to understand the value in the life of others. "It's because we treasure every little thing in life that makes living worth the hardships. Happy things, sad things, painful things, we treasure it all. We overcome it all, growing stronger through the pain and suffering."

Kyojuro remembered his home, he remembered his father's back, he remembered his little brother's fearful expression, and he remembered the words that girl said to his little brother while he was just behind the door.

"What humans call 'strength' isn't a word used to describe the body." There were many types of 'strength' and they were all strong in their own ways. "What we call 'strength' is the ability to accept and overcome every hardship and misery that befell us without trampling on others." The ability to grit their teeth, uncurl themselves, and take another step forward after every loss. "A demon who has abandoned their humanity and tramples on innocent lives for earthly desires like you will never understand."

He remembered his mother's words, as well as the tears that fell onto his hair back then. Those tears felt like pricks of needles into his heart, but all Kyojuro could remember feeling was how warm her embrace was.

"This boy isn't weak. Don't insult him." Tanjiro looked at Kyojuro in awe as the Flame Pillar defended him. "I'll say it over and over again. You and I have different moral values and opinions." Gripping his sword, Kyojuro shifted his posture into a stance.

"No matter what kind of motivation I may have, I will never become a demon."

"I see." Akaza slammed his foot onto the ground, and a snowflake-shaped compass with archaic numeral kanjis of zero to ten carved on it appeared on the ground. Akaza was half crouching with his fist stretched forward and his legs wide apart, a malicious grin on his face.

Technique Deployment: Destructive Death: Compass Needle

"If you won't become a demon, then I will kill you."

Flame Breathing: First Form: Unknowing Fire

Kyojuro kicked the ground. His sword met the demon's fist, and he grunted. His skin is so tough. It's like I'm hitting a rock. All the hair on his arms and neck rose, and Kyojuro knew that getting hit by those fists could kill him. If he can push my blade back with his fists, then I have to cut his hands off.

"Of all the pillars I've killed, none of them used Flame Breathing! And none of them ever agreed to my proposal!" Akaza backflipped just as Kyojuro swung his blade again. "Why is that? As someone who trained in a similar martial art, I find them hard to understand and just plain stupid! And they say that only those who were chosen can become a demon!"

Flame Breathing: Third Form: Blazing Universe

With a roar, Kyojuro swung his blade upwards, gritting his teeth when it got stuck in Akaza's wrist. Wrenching his blade out, he swung it again, slicing off Akaza's arm. But the demon merely regenerated.

"You have talents even I envy!" The demon grinned, swinging his fist. "Someone with wonderful talents like you is going to have an unsightly decline!" His fist met Kyojuro's blade again, and his grin widened when he realized Kyojuro was pushing him back. "This is unbearable!"

He continued to throw punches, and Kyojuro continued to block, swinging his blade whenever he got the chance. "It's too sad and painful to watch this beautiful swordsmanship regress into something so disgusting." Grabbing the pillar's blade, Akaza yanked Kyojuro forward, though the Flame Pillar dug his feet into the ground.

"Please die, Kyojuro." Akaza grinned. "While you're still young and strong."

Akaza backflipped as high as he could, dodging yet another slash. He clenched his fists, then punched the air, creating shockwaves with the force of his punches.

Destructive Death: Air Type

Kyojuro gritted his teeth, feeling his blade being pushed by the demon's attacks. The attacks reach me when he fires into empty air with his fist. He blocked the invisible shockwaves, getting pushed farther and farther backward. Not to mention his speed. He's moving as fast as light. Kyojuro narrowed his eyes. I can still see him thanks to my experience sparring against Uzui and Young Hoshizora. But seeing him without injuring him is pointless.

Flame Breathing: Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation

He fights from a distance where it's advantageous for him, so it'll be dangerous for me to try cutting his head like this. Kyojuro gripped his sword, kicking the ground until it crumbled, propelling himself forward. In that case, I'll just have to get closer.

"What a superb reaction speed you have!" Akaza praised, blocking each and every one of Kyojuro's strikes. "This wonderfully breathtaking swordsmanship, speed, and skills! They'll all turn into rust and disappear soon, Kyojuro! Doesn't that make you sad? Become a demon! Preserve these skills forever!"

"Nobody would be sad, if they're human!" Kyojuro gritted his teeth, feeling himself being pushed back. Faster, more slashes, cover the gaps of my attacks, don't allow the enemy to use any opening. "One day, people won't need to know how to wield the sword anymore! Swordsmanship will be lost and it's just natural! Because we're humans!"

Kyojuro could see Tanjiro attempting to stand up from the corner of his eyes. "Don't move!" He spared the slayer a few vital seconds of his attention. "If your wound reopens, it'll be fatal! Stand down! That's an order!"

"Don't mind the weaklings, Kyojuro! Focus on me! Give me all you've got!" Kyojuro internally cursed. The few vital seconds he used to focus on Tanjiro cost him dearly. Akaza had used that chance to push him even further back, forcing the Flame Pillar on the defense.

Don't falter. His blade trembled as it blocked yet another punch, and Kyojuro clenched his jaw. Dawn still hasn't arrived. Even if he couldn't defeat the demon, he must hold out until dawn. For the sake of his juniors and the passengers, he must continue to fight until dawn. Draw it out! Every last bit of memory and experience you have! Draw them all out!

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"That was amazing!" Kyojuro beamed at the pillars. He was in the Star Estate's dojo—only Inori's dojo floor looked so bleached and worn. He had been watching her spar against Sanemi, which left both of them sprawled across the floor. "I saw how you were dodging Shinazugawa's attacks. How did you do that? Wind Breathing is a breathing style with almost no openings."

Inori couldn't beat Sanemi, not in a fight of power and strength. But the girl specialized in attacking blind spots, so she was able to at least give back the damage Sanemi had inflicted on her. Well, maybe not everything, but Sanemi had never come out unscathed in a spar against Inori.

"Damn right there aren't!" Sanemi wheezed, pushing himself to a sitting position to glare at Inori. "But this tiny brat somehow managed to duck under or above or through my fucking attacks!"

"Don't overestimate yourself, Shinazugawa-san." Inori still had her back on the floor, refusing to look anywhere but the ceiling. "All attacks have openings and gaps, including Himejima-san's and yours." She was probably the only one who could say that, but that was why Kyojuro admired her. "I can't block your attacks because I lack strength, so I have to learn how to dodge them by observing the gaps between your attacks and weaving through them. It's just a matter of agility, speed, and a bit of flexibility."

"Such magnificent skills! Amazing!" Kyojuro clapped his hands with his usual rambunctious laughter. "Do you think I can do that too? I once saw how you weaved through Himejima-san's attacks before. It was superb."

"Oi, Rengoku, we don't need another flapping fish in a fight."

"Sure you can." Sanemi was ignored, something he obviously didn't appreciate. "Rengoku-san is really strong, so there aren't many limits to what you can achieve. Oh, let's have a session of technique development training." She clapped her hands, beaming brightly as she finally decided to sit up. "I'll help you revise your forms, as well as improve your other physical capabilities."

"That's great! Count me in!"

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Kyojuro dashed forward with his sword raised high. I have to minimize the damage he inflicts on me. He ducked under Akaza's fist, sliding through the ground. If I can't block all of them, I'll just have to weave through the gaps. Even an upper moon like him has openings between his attacks. Still crouching, Kyojuro swung his sword, slicing off Akaza's arms. Young Hoshizora, I have to thank you for the training you gave me.

Akaza continued to punch and kick him. His grin widened even more when Kyojuro began to duck under or jump over his attacks. "This agility! This speed! This is the first time I've ever met someone who could dodge and block me at the same time! As I thought, you really are the chosen one!"

Kyojuro jumped, avoiding Akaza's swiping fist. An opening! He raised his sword, slashing it downwards with all his might.

Flame Breathing: Third Form: Blazing Universe

"Wonderful moves!" The gaping wounds Kyojuro gave were instantly regenerated. Akaza swung his fist forward, punching Kyojuro right in the guts, causing the Flame Pillar to cough and skid a fair distance away due to the impact of his punch.

"Rengoku-san!"

"Oi! Googly-Eyes!"

Kyojuro disregarded Tanjiro and Inosuke's shouts, planting his sword into the ground as he panted. This is bad. I used too many techniques back on the train. Unlike demons, a human's stamina was limited, and Kyojuro knew his body was nearing its limits. I have to end this quickly before my body gives up.

"You really are a chosen one, Kyojuro." The wounds Kyojuro had painstakingly inflicted were now fully regenerated. "Come on, become a demon," Akaza proposed once again, grinning widely. "Grow stronger! Let's fight forever and become the strongest! You are the chosen one, so you have what it takes to reach that supreme territory!"

"I refuse!" Kyojuro gripped his sword until his knuckles turned white. "Let me repeat it again, I hate you! We have different moral values and opinions! No matter what my motives are, I will never become a demon!"

Flame Breathing: Third Form: Blazing Universe

Kyojuro leaped again, slashing downwards. His blade sliced through Akaza's shoulder down to the demon's torso, but it was nothing more than a papercut for a demon of his caliber.

"This is magnificent! Sensational! It's been decades since I last experienced something like this!" The demon cackled, kicking the ground to propel himself upwards. "You really should be a demon, Kyojuro!"

Destructive Death: Air Style

Block it! Dodge it! Kyojuro blocked and dodged Akaza's fist. His sword was trembling from the impact of the demon's punches, but he gritted his teeth, forcing the muscles of his arms to swing his sword.

Flame Breathing: Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation

"You're getting sloppy, Kyojuro!" Akaza punched through his slashes, not caring that his flesh was getting diced as he pushed his fist to punch through Kyojuro's skull.

Kyojuro dodged his fist, narrowly managing to save his head from being crushed. But he moved a fraction too slow as his temple got grazed by the demon's fist.

Flame Breathing: First Form: Unknowing Fire

Kyojuro cut off Akaza's arm for the umpteenth time, something the demon didn't mind since he could regenerate a thousand lost arms in the blink of an eye. The Flame Pillar didn't stop, continuing with his relentless attacks.

Flame Breathing: Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun

"Don't you see it, Kyojuro?" Akaza blocked his sword, delivering more and more punches. "The longer you continue to fight, the closer you are to death! Even now, your movements are getting slower and more predictable! That's because you are a human who has boundaries! Become a demon, Kyojuro!"

"I refuse!"

"In a year or two, you'll have polished your skills even more! You'll have greater precision and speed!" Akaza continued to throw punches, each time blocked by Kyojuro's blade, however much it was trembling.

However, his exhaustion, along with the wounds he received, caused Kyojuro to falter. Akaza punched again, and his blade wasn't strong enough to keep the demon's fist from advancing. Kyojuro didn't manage to dodge or block the fist that crushed his left eye. Still, he didn't stop. Kyojuro ignored the pain and fatigue, dashing forward again.

Flame Breathing: Third Form: Blazing Universe

His eye throbbed, sending pain all the way to his head. He was sure Akaza's punch had broken a few ribs, and he was sure his internal organs have been damaged. He had tried to fix whatever he could with his breaths, but there were limitations to how much he could do with breaths alone. But even as Akaza deflected his blade and punched him again, Kyojuro didn't stop. He couldn't stop. He gritted his teeth, letting out a roar as he swung his sword.

Flame Breathing: Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation

Destructive Death: Disorder

Flame Breathing: Fifth Form: Flame Tiger

An illusionary tiger made of flames emerged from his sword as he dashed forwards. The red flaming tiger clashed against Akaza's illusionary blue punches, creating a huge shockwave.

Faster! More slashes! Close the gaps! Dodge his attacks! Focus on swinging your sword! You can't die yet, Kyojuro! With a roar, Kyojuro continued to inflict slash after slash, dodging Akaza's own punches while still swinging his sword.

Amazing. Inosuke stared at the ongoing fight with wide eyes, gripping his swords tightly. There's no opening at all. I can't jump in. I can't follow the speed of their movements. Those two are on a completely different level. He felt his entire body trembling. I keep sensing 'death' on my skin. If I jump in, forget helping, I'll only get in the way and die.

Tanjiro and Inosuke perked up as Kyojuro and Akaza were thrown a fair distance away from each other from the shockwave of their attacks.

"Did he do it? Did Googly-Eyes win?"

Tanjiro screamed out Kyojuro's name at the sight of blood that was dripping out of his mouth. He may not be able to see what expression the Flame Pillar was making, but he knew that Kyojuro was on the losing side in this fight.

No way. Why is he losing to one demon? Rengoku-san is a pillar. He's strong. Don't lose. Please, don't lose. Tanjiro felt a sob creeping up his throat, and he forced himself to swallow it down. I want to help him. He tried to crawl towards Kyojuro. But there's no strength in my limbs. It might be because of my injuries, but this always happens after I use the Hinokami Kagura. He was useless. He couldn't do anything in his current state. Argh. I want to help him.

"Don't die on me now, Kyojuro." Akaza frowned. "Even if you fight with the intention to sacrifice yourself, it's all pointless. Look at this." He gestured towards his healing wounds. "The wonderful slashes you gave me have already healed. But what about you?"

Akaza pointed his finger at Kyojuro's bloodied state. "Your left eye is crushed, your ribs are broken, and your internal organs are wounded," he listed off. "It may not be fatal now because you managed to dodge the fatal blows splendidly, but if you continue to move, it will be. Because you're human."

Kyojuro huffed and puffed, each breath sending another wave of pain through his entire body. His vision was swaying, and it wasn't because his left eye was crushed. Still, he clenched his sword, trying to stabilize his breathing.

"If you were a demon, it would all be just a scratch. In the end, no matter how much you struggle, humans can never beat demons. " Akaza held out his palm, filling it with his own blood. "Become a demon, Kyojuro. Drink my blood. It won't hurt and you can be even stronger than you are now."

His mother's words rang in his ears again—"Helping the weak is the duty of those born with strength. Never forget that, Kyojuro."—and Kyojuro raised his sword, a wide smile on his face. You're right, Mother.

"I will fulfill my duties! I won't let anybody here die!"

Before my body collapses, I have to unleash everything I got into one attack and inflict as much damage as I can. Kyojuro took a stance, leaning his body forward while his sword was placed on the right side of his head. An aura of flames could be seen enveloping him. The ninth form of Flame Breathing, named after its creator. A move used as a last attempt to turn the tables. A slash that pours one's whole body, heart, soul, and life. The ultimate move.

Flame Breathing, Esoterica—

"I am the Flame Pillar, Rengoku Kyojuro!"

Set your heart ablaze, Kyojuro! Go beyond your limits!

"Oh! Such fighting spirits!" Akaza grinned even wider than possible. "You're full of determination and spiritual fortitude despite your wounds! Your stance has no weakness! You really should become a demon, Kyojuro!" Kicking the ground with all his might at the same time as Kyojuro, Akaza's grin widened even more. "Then, you can fight with me forever!"

—Ninth Form: Purgatory

Technique Deployment: Destructive Death: Annihilation Type

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

31.7K 1.1K 36
❝𝗜 𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁. 𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝘆, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗲𝗰𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻...
6.5K 356 27
You're part of the universe of Demon Slayer, playing the role of the Thunder Pillar. Will you be able to change the story? Maybe avoid some deaths? O...
110K 4.2K 14
"If reincarnation was real, I would like to travel to a world where I can live peacefully." Reincarnated into a new world, Y/n tries her best to prev...
218K 3K 22
•Demon slayer oneshots: character X reader• Characters included: -Tanjiro Kamado -Zenitsu Agatsuma -Inosuke Hashibira -Giyu Tomioka -Obanai Iguro -S...