Reincarnation of the Gun Swap...

By MonolithWorld

This is basically the first draft of the novel. If you want to read a more polished version, check out this n... More

Prologue - Slyker Dynasty Falls
Born Again?
Shahar's Daughter
Uval Cemetery
Fight at Level 0 (not canon)
Bren's Plan
7v3 Ambush
7v18 Confrontation
Level 0 Concerto
1v7 Domination (1)
1v7 Domination (2)
1v7 Domination (3)
1v7 Domination (4 - Final)
?
Shahar's Nightwalker
First Class Evolution
Preparing to Leave Uval
First Frontier
Corrupted Land
Brookie's Wish
Brookie's Loyalty
Arriving in Covan
Preparing Against Shock Collar
Gathering Allies
Before Covan's Auction
Crushing Covan's Auction (1)
Crushing Covan's Auction (2)
Crushing Covan's Auction (3)
Crushing Covan's Auction (4)
Crushing Covan's Auction (5)
Crushing Covan's Auction (6)
Crushing Covan's Auction (7 - Final)
Leaving Covan
vs Shock Collar
Shock Collar vs NPC
Luden's Dash
Entering Inkling Village
Village Benefits
Goals Aligned
Confluence
First Instance (1-3)
vs Stein
Why I'm Called the Gun Swap Goddess
First Instance (4 - Final)
Epilogue - End of Volume 1

Second Class Evolution

90 2 0
By MonolithWorld

*>System message: Commencing class evolution.*

*Well... This is something else.*

The blue sky was crystal clear, and the lush green grass spread out in all directions with no obstructions as far as the eye could see. There was no wind and the temperature and humidity was ideal for humans.

That's right - Fae Sol was transported from a place with buildings and sparse trees to a place with no buildings or trees whatsoever.

This class evolution quest was a more "true" version; you would be transported to a temporary dimension for the sole purpose of completing the quest.

*>Evolution requirements: Using Adroit Ranged Pellets, strike the target at least 5/10 times.*

*>Dispensing quest items:*

*>Adroit Ranged Pellet: 10*

Thankfully, this quest didn't require the use of personal items. The system was generous enough to give her the necessary items to complete the task.

A target appeared roughly 5 metron away from where Jisha was standing. It appeared to be a standard modern archery target. As a ranged weapon fanatic, she obviously knew what this meant. It was 122 centimetron in diameter with the center being 130 centimetron off the ground. The face of the target was also tilted at a 15 degree angle. In a standard competition, the yellow center represented 10 points, and each ring outside of it was worth 1 less point.

*They're really going easy on me for the first quest. Hmm... The rules only say I need to hit the target, but they don't specify how I need to do it.*

After experiencing many class evolution quests in her past life, Jisha knew that there would sometimes be bonus opportunities hidden within the temporary dimension. Exploiting loopholes in the quest's rules was one way to achieve these bonuses.

The first thing she tried was moving closer. Even though the target was only 5 metron away, moving closer would still exponentially increase the odds of hitting the target.

However, there was an invisible barrier blocking her way, rendering the attempt useless.

*Well, that's to be expected. Let's see... Is this skill as useless as I think it is?*

*>Skill: Targeted Throw*

*>Description: Throw an item at the system's designated target.*

*>Rank: Level 1, Common*

*>Cooldown: 3 seconds*

*Yup. Doesn't look like I'll be using it.*

Jisha knew exactly what this skill was. In fact, it was a very useful skill for new players. All you had to do was set a target in your mind and the system would move your body for you, throwing an item with pinpoint precision.

Body movement in Synergy was not too different from real life, so players who didn't have great control of their body would benefit from assistance from an external aid.

However, who were we talking about here? For Jisha, using a beginner-level skill like Targeted Throw would only be restricting. Why would an expert cyclist ride with training wheels?

*Looks like I'll just do this quest normally. If my hunch is correct, I should be able to complete it with a Tribulation score of over 100% anyway.*

With an Adroit Pellet in her hand, Jisha wound up her throw like a professional pitcher and let loose at a target that was virtually right next to her.

She heard a satisfying *ding* as the pellet struck the bulls-eye, and the target moved approximately 5 metron back.

*>11%*

*Seems like that's the ticket. Let's continue.*

Hitting a 1.2 metron-wide target from 10 metron was still a piece of cake for Jisha.

*Ding!*

Bullseye.

*>22%*

The target moved to 15 metron.

*Ding!*

Another one.

*>33%*

20 metron.

*Ding!*

Like a machine, Jisha continued striking the bulls-eye.

...

Finally, at 35 metron, Jisha made a mistake.

*Whoops. That's a 9.*

She knew it before the projectile even landed. But...

*Ding!*

*>77%*

*Huh? Still +11%?*

If there were 10 targets to hit and the maximum score was 100, each target clearly gave 10 points each. 11 was a bonus.

Until now, she had assumed that hitting the bulls-eye was the requirement for a bonus point, but apparently that wasn't the case. There was only one other possibility.

*The requirement for a bonus point... is to throw the pellets normally. Basically, no using Target Toss. That's a relief. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try for the bullseye every time!*

The pressure was off, but Jisha was still going to push herself to the limit. This was the key to improvement.

40 metron.

*Ding!*

*Bullseye.*

*>88%*

45 metron.

*Ding!*

*9.*

*>99%*

50 metron; the finale.

*Ding!*

*... 8.*

*>110%*

Jisha was slightly less accurate than world-class archers with only her arms, yet she still let out a dissatisfied sigh.

*>System message: Quest complete.*

*>Minimum Tribulation threshold: 50%*

*>Tribulation score: 110%*

*>Evolution successful!*

*>Dispensing quest rewards:*

*>Quest reward items:*

*>Wooden Slingshot: 1*

*>Adroit Ranged Pellet: 50*

*>Quest Bonus achieved!*

*>Dispensing Bonus rewards:*

*>+100 Copper*

*>Bonus reward items:*

*>Golden Slingshot: 1*

*>Adroit Ranged Pellet: 50*

With a massive system message flooding her HUD, Jisha was transported back to her original hiding place where her avatar was once again wrapped in a white glow that was slightly brighter than the last.

*>Coin Pouch*

*>Copper: 497*

*Looks like the system was generous enough to refund my quest fee with the bonus completion. Also... I wonder what this Golden Slingshot does?*

In the past, Jisha had received the Wooden Slingshot as a quest reward and didn't complete the bonus. She had never owned a Golden Slingshot before.

*>Name: Golden Slingshot*

*>Type: Weapon (Ranged)*

*>Class Restriction: Slingshotter-branch*

*>Description: Have you considered becoming a professional pitcher?*

*>Rating: Level 5, Epic*

*>Abilities:*

*>Passive: +50 ATK, -50% AS while equipped.*

*>Targeted Sling: Sling a projectile at the system's designated target. Cooldown: 8 seconds.*

*That's pretty good.*

Jisha was impressed by its stats. In comparison, the Wooden Slingshot was quite a bit weaker.

*>Name: Wooden Slingshot*

*>Type: Weapon (Ranged)*

*>Class Restriction: Ranged-branch*

*>Description: Slingshotter's standard weapon.*

*>Rating: Level 5, Common*

*>Abilities:

*>Passive: +33 ATK, -67% AS while equipped.*

*>Targeted Sling: Sling a projectile at the system's designated target. Cooldown: 10 seconds.*

The abbreviation AS stood for Attack Speed, and it was a hidden stat until level 5. By default, AS was 1, which meant that players could fire one "basic attack" per second. In a melee player's case, it was one swing of the stick. In a ranged player's case, it was one pellet throw.

By equipping the Golden Slingshot, Jisha's attack power rose from 11 to 61. Though she could only fire it once every two seconds, her overall damage output increased by over three times.

Meanwhile, a standard Wooden Slingshot (for peasants) increased attack power from 11 to 43, and it could only be fired once every 3 seconds. This was less than double the base damage per second (DPS).

Even without looking at the ratings, it was obvious which weapon was far superior.

With a satisfied smile, Jisha left her hiding spot and headed towards the Eatery once again.

*I'm not addicted to Cinnamon Ariosha. I just need to buy recovery items for my journey to Orchid Town!*

---

A sketchy-looking group of players stood outside the Lyocal Eatery.

*>Stein: What? You lost her??? There are four of you and only one of her. Uval isn't big, either! What the hell are you guys doing?*

*>Ivonna: Didn't you see that battle recording we sent you? She's not normal.*

*>Stein: I know, but all you had to do was talk to her, not kill her!*

*>Yaele: Even if it means being friendly?*

*>Stein: ... YES! I TOLD YOU THAT FROM THE BEGINNING! GET HER TO JOIN OUR GUILD OR ELSE.*

From that point on, Stein ceased responding to messages.

"Acting like he's so high and mighty just because he's the commander of our unit..." Ivonna said.

"Right? It's not like he knows how hard this job is... Ivonna, why did you just have to describe her as 'not normal'? That was a severe understatement. That player is a freak," Yaele inquired.

"... The battle recording should have spoken for itself."

Out of the four players Stein had mentioned, three of them were standing outside, while one was inside gathering intel. This group of players was part of a larger virtual gaming organization that decided to spawn in the Uval Hamlet. They had players dispatched to other nearby hamlets all rushing to collect information and secure dominance over the area.

Jisha had decided to spawn in the Uval hamlet because the war between orgs was lighter in this place, but that didn't mean it was nonexistent.

"Ahh... I swear we got the hardest job... And it was supposed to be the easiest," Ivonna complained.

"I don't know about that. Brookie apparently found a huge gang of the Shock Collar gang in the Covan Hamlet." The third player, Muyonnu, finally spoke up.

"I'd take on the Shock Collar gang over *her* any day."

"Normally, I would, too, but apparently Shock Collar dispatched an unusually large number of troops where she's at. Asunder might have to surrender Covan already. We should make up for it by securing Uval."

*>XiNalaSlave77: Did someone say "shock collar"? OwO*

*>Stein: ... Say that one more time and you're kicked from Asunder.*

"... Why can't we just take over Stein's position? He just gets to sit back and bark orders at everyone," Yaele said.

"Yeah..."

Ivonna and Yaele both knew it wasn't that easy, but nothing was stopping them from dreaming.

Their organization, Asunder, was fairly small compared to most, so they had to use their limited manpower to secure a small number of hamlets. By using the world map that had been leaked before the official launch of the game, large-scale collaboration via 3rd party media was possible. According to the news they were receiving, out of the 8 hamlets Asunder had attempted to acquire, 1 of them already looked to be lost, while the others were in a stalemate. Ivonna's unit couldn't let their opportunity to secure Uval slip through their fingers.

"Anyway, all we have to do is talk to her. If she doesn't want to listen, we'll just use force. The four of us might not be enough, but the threat of an organization should make her back off."

"Right... And how are we supposed to find her to tell her that?"

As Ivonna and Yaele discussed their plans, a cheerful voice called out to them.

"Excuse meeee, coming through!"

In response to this, the three immediately blocked the door.

"Sorry, but this restaurant is currently undergoing recon by the organization Asunder. Come back after we're done."

Yaele immediately spoke up.

Their reaction was smooth and practiced, as if asserting the power of an organization over an individual was something they did daily. They expected the typical submissive response after they stated they were an org, but...

"Asunder? Never heard of it. I'm going in."

"Wait..."

Before they could respond, the player managed to slip past them into the restaurant.

"... Are you stupid?"

"No, are you?"

Ivonna and Yaele immediately turned on each other after they failed their one job of not letting players into the Eatery, but Muyonnu remained level-headed.

"Um... Did either of you get that player's name?"

"... Name?"

At that moment, they realized that the player they had just encountered had no name written above their head like everyone else did.

"What... That's freaky."

"Who is that?"

"Isn't that obvious? How many players in this place are 'freaky'? It has to be *her*..."

"You really think so?"

"Isn't there only one way to find out?"

With that, the three players of Asunder entered the Eatery together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 753 14
Synopsis: Zerhica grew up in a very wealthy family. She was used to a kind of life where she could get anything but all her life, all she ever wanted...
639K 45.9K 141
Remember that girl that Winston rescued and had humiliated him in front of the entire City of Beasts by refusing him? Yeah. That's me. Reborn as a si...
616K 26.7K 66
I had reincarnated into Remis Xenith, the younger brother of the heroine, who died at the beginning of every route. In order to not interfere with t...
22.8K 657 89
Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned upside down by a crazy Duke who happens t...