The Legendary Forest

By legendaryfever

How far will you go to bring peace to your kingdom? How far will you go to protect your newly beloved? ~~ Whe... More

Main Characters and Other Info
Rewrite Chapter 1
Rewrite Chapter 2
Rewrite Chapter 3
Rewrite Chapter 4
Rewrite Chapter 5:
Rewrite Chapter 6
Rewrite Chapter 7
Rewrite Chapter 8
Rewrite Chapter 10
Rewrite 11
Rewrite Chapter 12
Chapter 13 Rewrite
Chapter 14 Rewrite
Chapter 15 Rewrite
Chapter 16 Rewrite
Chapter 17 Rewrite
Rewrite Chapter 18
19 rewrite
A Flash to the Past
Rewrite Chapter 20
Rewrite chapter 21
Rewrite Chapter 22
Rewrite Chapter 23
~Part 2~
NL: Chapter 1
NL: Chapter 2
NL: Chapter 3
NL: Chapter 4
NL: Chapter 5
NL: Chapter 6
NL: Chapter 7
NL: Chapter 8
NL: Chapter 9
NL: Chapter 10
NL: 11
NL 12
NL 13
NL: 14
NL: 15
NL: 16
NL: 17
NL: 18
NL 19
NL 20
Legendary Forest Chronicles PART 3

Rewrite Chapter 9

1 0 0
By legendaryfever

Chapter 9: Niderudion's Dilemma

In the castle of Esperon, Princess Novaliera was there with her and her brother's Knight, Nakosir. She turned to him and wondered, "Why did Nideru go to the forest to study? What is he thinking he was going to do?"

Nakosir answered obediently, "He wanted me to figure out something in the library, Your Highness while he went to study something at the forest."

The princess looked up,"Oh. Did you find anything on what he was trying to know?"

Nakosir nodded his head, "Yes, many many years ago there was a person who saw the future. Every future vision they saw came true. The final vision of theirs was that the reedins will try and turn the kingdoms into dark and all the people with be filled with darkness. He wanted to know more about that person. Although, I doubt anyone would just have the ability. There only one and that was long ago. The reedins probably did this best job to make sure she vanishes from this world. I mean who was she or anything about her, no one knows." Nakosir brought out a book and flipped through pages, until he landed on a single page.

He then started restating what the book said, "Apparently it is known as a 'vision' if the wielder sees something in the future, but it is known as a 'memory' if the wielder sees something of the past. They could see any vision at any given moment, and they have a chance of changing the vision if they do something ahead of time that contradicts it. I also found out when changing the vision, the wielder will always know. Visions can sometimes cause headaches, fainting, sicknesses before some visions occur." He looked up after rephrasing what the book said.

Most texts were written in the formal old Esperon language. "Thy one whom wields to see thy future shall see visions. Thou shall too see thy past shall be called memory. Thy shall see vision at thou given moment. Only change vision thy shall contradict thus. Thy change of vision thy wielder shall know. Headaches, sicknesses, and fainting shall visions shall before thou wielder appears."

Nakosir closes the book, but left a marker in its place. Just as he did it he felt an important presence come near. He bent down into a deep bow and closed his eyes as he murmured the word, "Your Majesty.."

Novaliera looked shocked to see her mother. She wasn't suppose to come yet. Later when her brother was back, they were going to see her. Now that her brother wasn't there and they are always together, is going to raise some questions. Novaliera smiled, "Mother!"

"Dearest Novalie, where is sweet Nideru?" Queen Midnira got straight to the point. She smiled elegantly, but her eyes and eyebrows were in confusion on why her son was missing. Novaliera wasn't sure what to say, so she remained silent. She knew at once something was up. "Nakosir..." She narrowed her eyes and requested for him to speak.

"His Highness, Prince Niderudion is not here at the moment, Your Majesty." Nakosir states as he opens his left eye to see her reaction. He figure almost crumble as she is met with distraught.

"Niderudion!" She calls out, "Where is he? My son, my dearest and only son, Niderudion!" The queen was frantic and Novaliera muttered a single phrase.

"He... went to the forest." When Midnira heard her, she gasped. Her eyes became wide and filled with dread.

"Oh! The forest! That horrible place, oh why oh why!" Midnira shook her head in despair, "It is like he is asking to get himself killed." She turned to Nakosir and narrowed her eyes, "Nakosir! Tell Niderudion to come back with that lervizon."

Instantly Nakosir brought his lervizon and typed out a message. He was debating to send a message informal or formal. He decided on the ladder one.

Prince Niderudion (His Highness),
Head back immediately! Queen Midnira is mad about your disappearance. We accidentally told you went to the forest. She believes it is dangerous and is worried. She also prefers if you were in the palace most of the time now.

Nakosir,
What does she want now? Why does Midnira care if I'm not at the palace all the moon's time? Every day these rules are getting stupider. If the reedins have anything to do with this I swear I will get rid of them.

Niderudion sighed, rolling his eyes as he went back to the palace. He was annoyed with the rules and could only groan and rolled his eyes with what Nakosir told him. Hopefully, he can convince her that he is safe and can handle himself. He took the secret entrance from the side by moving a few stone tiles to get inside. He wanted to do what he was doing before. He opened the doors and stepped in the room he thought they were in.

"Mother!" He called out, "What is it? Is it the reedins again? What did they do to you this time? I heard they were back and we must certainly get rid of them once and for all. Argh!" He groaned, "I hate them!"

Queen Midnira and the others stopped to turn and look at him, "The reedins are here. Yes, but what were you doing in the forest?"

"Researching..... a spell." He carefully said," while I was in the forest, so I asked Nakosir and precious Novalie to remain here to research at our library.

"Now... now sweet Nideru," Midnira scowled him gently, "Remember we should at least try to get along with the reedins. I know you despise them, but they are not going to do anything terrible to any of us, I'll make sure of that." Niderudion stared at his mother in shock, not believing what she said.

"You can't know they aren't doing anything bad. They are planning something bad, I just know it!" Niderudion raised his voice, trying to reason with her.

He just couldn't get it. Why was she always wanting them to get along?

Midnira chuckled softly, "Is that all?" She ignored his statement entirely, "I'm just glad you are alright. Now, why don't you stay here from now on." She closed her eyes and smiled that queen smile of hers.

Niderudion's eyes widened, "The forest! The legendary forest is like our second home!" He exclaimed.

Midnira sighed as she waved over her hand, "Niderudion. I need both you and Novaliera to come with me. There is something important to be discussed with the reedins. Nakosir," She turned to the knight, "You can remain there."

Novaliera turned to her brother and muttered, "The reedins are back! I thought we told them to never come back, Nideru..." Novaliera spoke so only her brother could hear as she lowered her hand and frowned.

"Listen..." Their mother opened the door and turned to the reedins, "I know everyone has been trying to surpass all of you, but it is fine as long as everyone is at peace with one another."

Niderudion gasped.

"Wait-What?!" Novaliera cried out.

They couldn't believe it. She said the thing they didn't ever want to happen. Now they were afraid that the reedins will surely influence her into her decision making.

Midnira laughed softly, "Oh, come on!" She waved her hand, "There is nothing to worry about with the reedins! It's just some old myth that they are planning to spread darkness to the kingdoms. We also don't go to the forest because those darkened ones are there. If you are afraid of the reedins, then why do you go to the forest where the reedins are."

Niderudion had a look of disgust, "We are going to work together with the reedins? I'm sorry, what?"

"Niderudion..." The queen slowly said.

Novaliera glared at her mother, "How do you know that is not true? Have you seen them? Look at how they act and treat me! Sorry, but we don't trust them." Novaliera crossed her arms.

The queen opened her mouth and sighed, "Both of you...Why? If you aren't willing to trust them...." Midnira trailed off, "....Then leave."

Niderudion blinked, "Fine!" He took his sister's arm, "Come on Nova." They walked out of the room and just looked at each other.

"What are we going to do?" She looked down as they stood in the hallway from the room they were just in.

Niderudion whispered, "Pss, stay here!" She agreed and nodded, "Let's listen."

The twins stood near the wall and listened. They did not even put their ears to the wall. It was already loud enough for them to hear.

The reedins began to speak,"...Since they don't like us, I recommend trying to get their minds off their hatred for us. I would also recommend you choose an heir as well. I mean they must stay here all times, or they could get hurt. We do not want that... Well festivals are exceptions, but you can never know what they are planning. They must be protected at all costs, Your Majesty." As they heard this, they both stared at the other wide eyed.

"You're right, it is a good idea." Midnira nodded, "I wonder what would keep their minds off that... Hmmm, what do they like?" The queen trailed off, "It would be much better if they stay away from that horrendous forest those darkened ones stay at. Those must be the real cause for the darkness spreading."

Niderudion sighed and decided he had heard enough, "Nova, Come on! Let's go to our room."

They turned around and headed down the hall to several rooms over. They turned the knob and finally entered their room, sighing.

Nakosir saw their expression and stepped back, "Both of you... Did something happened, Your Highnesses?"

"The worst happened," Niderudion muttered in disgust. "The thing we absolutely did not want to happen."

Novaliera nodded, "Mother believes that reedins trying to fill the kingdoms with darkness is just a rumor and must not been true." She lowered her head.

"Now Midnira is working with them. Before long, they will influence her and what she decides!" Niderudion exclaimed as he sighed and laid on his bed.

Nakosir stared at them with a hidden look. He changed the subject and told them determined, "If you ever go outside, I will cover for both of you." He lowered his head and went on his knees.

"N-Nakosir... T-thank you!" The princess exclaimed, "Wow, you are like another sibling we never head!" Novaliera clapped her hands cheerfully.

"I couldn't agree anymore." Niderudion looked at his sister and smiled.

~~~

The days have gone by like the leaves fading away and blowing in the wind. Everyday Naricelissa goes to the forest. She would practice fighting Niderudion and train. Everyday she felt something more for him and couldn't understand what. She shook her head, believing it was probably nothing. Except, it is an odd feeling of hers that takes her back. It makes her think of something. Like a distance memory, but the only thin is that she can't remember the memory. It is a feeling that she had in the past.

A male holds a girl close as he shows her a book that makes her smile. Her eyes glimmer as she laughs. The male puts a rose in the girl's hair. He calms her down by letting her eyes close and putting his hands on her head. He whispered a secret in her ear in which she understands immediately. Suddenly the door opens and several older men in suits come walking in making the two jump. Among the men were a couple who were young adults and a young girl and young boy. They spoke angry words at the two huddled together. The young boy came to the girl and took her away from the male, much to her protest as tears washed from her check. She yelled and cried, but the people shook her head as she was taken away.

Naricelissa suddenly blinked as she had a sudden vision about something she had no idea about. Who were those people? She did not know, nor she knew why she was given the vision or memory for those individuals.

Today was the day that happened to be several months from the first time she ran into Niderudion. Ever since the time he helped her from the darkened ones, he would not miss a day to see her. She would go to the forest, and soon he would arrive, meeting him there. Together, they both would fight and train. They gotten stronger, but this day felt different to her. It was as if a kingdom fell to darkness, as if shadows were consuming something, and if an evil being is on loose that plans its own victory to stop them from getting stronger.

The only flawed thing in her thoughts is that if anyone tries to stop them, is if anyone tried to dispatch them, that they would surely loose. At least that is what she thought. She would get rid of all the dark wielders, all the reedins, and all the darkened ones. Someday there will be no darkness. That day she could tell Prince Niderudion, 376 male born to Esperon and her both took out darkness, and she wasn't even afraid to get her hands a little dirty with some blood.

"Naricelissa!" Niderudion called her name.

"Y-your Highness?" She answered breaking away from her thoughts.

"Are you even paying attention?" Niderudion gripped on his sword sighing.

"I...I uh-"

Niderudion shook his head, "Please you can call me my name. Nobody is around."

Naricelissa nodded, "I'm sorry! I was kinda lost in thoughts." She shrugged and blushed as she admitted it sheepishly.

"Well you're lucky I was not trying to read your mind!" Niderudion chuckled as he leaned back on a tree.

"You better not!" Naricelissa gasped, shaking her head. Suddenly she heard some movement and narrowed her eyes before she whispered, "Darkness is lurking by. We gotta watch out."

"I hear you alright. Just look at them, over there!" The prince pointed eastward and muttered, "What would you do to that?"

"Darkened filled ones. If you asked me, I would do all I can to get rid of them." Naricelissa swung her sword around lazily.

Niderudion grinned and said, "Soon they will taste the feeling of defeat on their tongue."

She chuckled, "Are you ready?

"Of course," He answered almost immediately, "I'll be ready, as I'll ever be."

Naricelissa gripped on her sword and whispered, "Let's go," one last time. She ran with her arms behind her to the side as they gripped on her doubled sword. She closed her eyes and saw everything that was going to happened. She grinned, excited to carry out the future. With the wind blowing hard, and running just as much, she ran until she saw the darkened ones. As she was right up to him, she performed a sneak attack and stabbed him.

"ARGH!" He yelled and hollered over. The others that were filled with dark magic exchanged looks and sighed. They couldn't see him, but they thought he was being dramatic again.

"Marti! Whatcha' complainin' ye' limpnoodle, for ye'r now't gon'a be a wimp?" The other one near the right corner yelled.

"I just got stabbed, you idiot!" He cried out, allowing them to be react at the intruders around them. The other two grabbed their gears and stood up prepared for anything. Naricelissa took her swords out of him and his life flashed before his own eyes.

He was dead.... only for several years, unless the reedins were taken down.

"Who... Did that?" One of the two whispered, looking around to identify the killer.

"A lunatic, that's who!" The other one told him, laughing.

"The rumors are true! Oooooooo!" The one near the left whistled like a ghost.

The right one slapped him and shouted, "Oh shut up, we need to watch our backs!"

Niderudion and Naricelissa smiled and looked at each other shyly as they watched the scene unfold.

"Hey you!" The darkened one called out, "Come out. Ye' kno, we don't take lightly to those who use guerrilla warfare technique." Naricelissa snickered almost letting them know where they were. This darkened one was most likely a general or someone that was in war in his previous life when he was living.

"Did you hear?" She stepped out into view, "Someone just attacked them.. How terrible!" Naricelissa pretend to lament.

"Oh the rumors must be true!" Niderudion also played along, "Those darkened ones have been disappearing." The prince exclaimed, "Ohhh! How tragic, something must be done"

The darkened ones glared their eyes at the prince and the girl, "How dare you mock us. You insolence fools attacked Marti and we will get our revenge."

"Oh! I am sooo scared!" Naricelissa pretended to shiver. She then narrowed her eyes and gripped her sword. As she split her sword in two and held each one in one hand, Naricelissa pointed her swords at them waiting for something. Niderudion cast a spell of the moon and luminescence. The darkened ones stepped back in fright. He suddenly became frozen and his body turned to dust when he was consumed with the spell as his life ended. They defeated him in a second.

"Look at that.." The prince realized, "One tiny spell can finished a person off just like that. Heehee haahaa!" He laughed.

Naricelissa clapped her hands and two left. There was actually one that has been hiding the entire time, "Attention all! Who wants to go next? Come on... Next up. Don't be scared!" She called out, "Going once...going twice... No volunteers?" She frowned, "What a shame. Then I guess you will both meet your wits end at the same time." Naricelissa sighed.

"Why you little annoying trickster son of a..!" They both widened their eyes as Naricelissa ran into them and slashed her sword into both of them. They both slowly realized what happened as she removed her swords from them.

Niderudion grinned as he watched the results, "Looks like you are getting good," He chuckled.

Naricelissa raised her eyebrow, "What did you just say? Getting good? I'm already good." She puts her hands on her hips," I have been doing this for years. I am the one helping you. I am the expert with my relative too...." She trailed off as she mentioned her relative.

"Oh...heh uh I.." He grit his teeth before deciding, "I'm sorry. It just ever since that incident it makes me feel as if you're less. N-not it a bad way of course! I want to protect you..." He smiles apologetically.

"Then don't think it as that. Think that as one mistake that I'll never do again. I am already an expert." She looked down as she poured a clear liquid on her swords to clean them.

The prince looks at her, "Then who is your relative? I been wanting to know who he is and apparently I already know them." He muttered smugly.

Naricelissa gasped, "B-but what! How do you know you know him?" She stepped back before sighing, "I told you I would tell you one day, but that day is not today."

The prince smiles softly, "You can tell me. I'm not going to say anything. You can tell me anything. Besides..." He trailed off, "Whenever you talk about your relative you seem as if something is wrong. That is why I must help you." He lowers his head, but not lower than her as if to say please.

"I told you that day is no time near. Please if you knew, you would...." She sighs and bites her lip, "You would hate him, but I do't want you to hate him or worry. Okay?"

He narrowed his eyes and breathes in, "Fine." The prince thought of the time they spent together and how he used to with his sister, "You know fighting and do this with you, you're not the first, I used to with my sister, but now since Midnira wants us to stay there..." He sighs, "Nova and our knight has to cover for me." Suddenly Naricelissa was worried, "I tell them I train and fight out here."

She looks at him, "You told them of him why?" She couldn't believe it, he told them about her. Then maybe his knight might know and what would his sister say?

Th prince looked amused and chuckled, "Pfff! Of course not! If I did that Nova would probably wish you were dead. She'll treats you like a reedin. You are similar in a way, reminds me of her. Though I guess you are more rational and selfless."

"Oh?" She raises her eyebrow, "and what does that makes you? An arrogant selfish pretty boy?"

Prince Niderudion blinked, "Arrogant?" He made a look of shock, "Selfish?" He looked disgusted, "Pretty boy?" He grinned, "I mean I am rumored to be handsome..."

Naricelissa laughed and chuckled, "Please! That just a saying and if you really are then why do you wear that all the time," She pointed to the veil covering his nose up.

"It just my sister does for being a princess and since she royal like me, so I do it with her." He rubs his neck with his arm.

"That's good I guess. But I am glad I won't have to worry about dying from your sister or anything. So you haven't mentioned me to everyone, right?" She looks at him in wonder.

"I haven't. Why are you...." He trailed off until he suddenly realized, "Your relative?"

"Hey..." She looks in wonder, "Do I.. I mean how.. How do I remind you of your sister?"

"You're like a sister, so I could protect you." He smiles and at this Naricelissa suddenly feels down. She couldn't understand why. She felt nervous and weird all of the sudden.

She looked in the distance and avoided his eyes, "Oh I um...umm I," She took a deep breath, "I am going to go. See you some other time." She looked down as she walked away.

As Naricelissa walked away, Niderudion muttered something to himself shaking his head.

She breathed and wonder why she was like that. She couldn't believe that happened. She remember his words, you kinda remind me of my twin. She sighed, thinking of the feeling it brought her. "He thinks of me like a sister? Why?" She muttered out loud and thought how he wants to protect her. "I couldn't face him after that. I am so nervous my hand are shaking. I feel so hot and like I have a fever. What is with this?" She spoke to her surroundings again. When she quickly left, she hoped her voice didn't sound shaky either.

She smiled as she told the air, "Prince Niderudion 376 male prince born to the Esperon Kingdom, my days are better than before I ever met you. I haven't actually enjoyed doing something in awhile. I hope this will always continue." She hope the prince is okay though.

The other day he was complaining about his mother trying to work with the reedins. Was she going blind of their goals, she thought.

She didn't know. If it was her, they would already be dead. She remembered him telling her how he used to practice with her brother and his sister. Except since she not allow them to freely leave the palace anymore, they haven't.

Lately, the only thing she has been thinking of Niderudion and wondered why. She used to think about the past or future, but now it is just him. Is it because after I started noticing everything my days became joyful? "If that is the case... Your Highness, then I appreciate you going out of your way to practice with me even thought I don't need protecting."

She didn't know why but felt odd when he told her she is like a sister to him. She couldn't understand it at all, but wanted more. Regardless of that need, she accepted the position for she would always be there for him and guarantee his safety, "I promise I will protect you my prince, Niderudion of the Esperon Kingdom, 376 male born to the palace." She whispered to herself as she walks away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88 16 22
The Great War between the Nothern Kingdom of Adralis and The Southern Empire of Rhayda has lasted for centuries. With the royal family of Adralis kil...
2K 127 56
A war between two kingdoms cause chaos all over the world and it tears each kingdom apart piece by piece. The east, having problems with their consec...
397 43 18
Time.... Fear...... Pain..... Free Will...... Choice...... So much more... All entertwined together in a Universe where nothing is just simple.... Tw...
11.9K 1K 73
In a world where demons are the primary enemies, there was a girl born in a kingdom where light doesn't exist. However, she has no any idea about her...