Blood Kisses

By AnnyVirdi

2021 Rewrite Version Highest Rank: #21 in Romance (12/30/15) Jewel was in love with life and her childhood fr... More

Chapter 1: Mystery Man
Chapter 2: Naming Mystery Man
Chapter 3: Blood and Parker
Chapter 4: Finally
Chapter 5: Is that a HICKEY?!
Chapter 6: Oh Rental Gods!
Chapter 7: Sour Cream Chips
Chapter 8: Climb him!
Chapter 9: Blood and Parker
Chapter 10: Parker
Chapter 11: Counting Names
Chapter 12: Make me forget
Chapter 13: Ms. Crest
Chapter 14: I killed her
Chapter 15: That night
Chapter 16: The man
Chapter 17: I want you
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Offering
Chapter 20: A private conversation
Chapter 21: Reason to fret pt.1
Chapter 22: Reason to fret pt. 2
Chapter 23: Informant
Chapter 24: Promise me
Chapter 25: Parents
Chapter 26: Ridgewood
Chapter 27: Old Friends and Sour Moms
Chapter 28: The Party
Chapter 29: I love you
Chapter 30: Paranoid
Chapter 31: A fine day
Chapter 32: Secrets revealed
Chapter 33: Before Vincent
Chapter 34: Five years without you pt.1
Chapter 35: Five years without you pt.2

Chapter 36: Five years without you pt. 3

11K 409 68
By AnnyVirdi

She surrendered her weight to him. Melting against him until the point where he ended and she began became one. And when his hand came to rest on her cheek, she sighed in relief for the touch she had starved for. Tipping her head back, he caught her trembling mouth in a slow kiss. A sound of a sob and a laugh escaped her lips. He was here. Vincent was here. His thumb brushed along her cheek to bring her closer and angle her mouth so he could taste her. Welcoming him, she tangled her tongue with his.

When he broke the kiss, Vincent rested his forehead against hers. Neither spoke. Their breath mingling between them. The storm outside forgotten.

He pressed a tender kiss between her brows, on either tightly closed eye, the corner of her trembling lips, and then behind her ear, where he knew she loved to be kissed. Fresh tears welled in her eyes.

If it was a dream, please don't wake.

She wanted this moment to last for the rest of her existence. Let her forever life in this moment, in the arms of the man she lost, in the arms of the man she loved.

Let her exist only in his arms.

She pinched her eyes closed. If she never opened them, she could stay here forever.

"Look at me, love."

His voice sent a dagger through her heart. The sweet sound of those words brought her pain and joy in equal parts.

"I need to see you, love. Open your eyes."

His thumb brushed against a stray tear and she reluctantly opened her eyes.

He was still there.

He was still holding her.

His hair was short, gone were the long locks that had fell over his brow. He was tanned, the olive tone to his skin making his dark eyes look even more piercing. But the gentle curve of his lips as he tipped her chin up and caught her mouth in a slow kiss was the same. This was her Vincent.

"You promised m-me you wouldn't leave."

Giving her a sad smile he pulled her into a tight hug, engulfing her with his arms until the only thing that surrounded her was Vincent. And in that cocoon of him, she allowed the tears to flow. Sobs shook her body as the rain coating both of them mingled with her tears. The pain she felt that fateful night when she watched the doctors cart him away came back to her. And once again she was in that hospital watching the man she loved, unknowingly, be ripped away from her.

"It wasn't safe for you, or for me that night. Once I was stable, Alfred moved everyone out of there. I fought him desperately, I had to know where you were, but he had me sedated and when I came to, I was already on a plane. He promised that he would keep you safe and said it was best if I distanced myself from you. I never left you by choice. Every day that I was away from you was hell."

Gazing up at him, unable to divert her eyes for even a second, Jewel listened to his explanation.

"I had to make sure Antonio wouldn't come searching for me. Or worse go after you. Alfred covered up what happened that night, made sure the right people had their pockets lined and their mouths shut. The house was locked up and Parker was given strict instructions to keep the firm running while my name was kept out of the media."

Moving his hand to the small of her back, he drew circles with his thumb in the damp fabric. But it felt as if he was touching her skin and she arched into his caress.

"Antonio is dead. The Cipriano family is dissolved and will never rise again. The feud that began between two power hungry men can finally be put to rest."

He gazed at her. His eyes skimming over her face, memorizing and noting the differences that five years without each other had brought.

"I am back and I promise you that I will never leave you."

Her lip quivered. His words were meant to console her. But they only scared her more. What if something happened in the future? What if Vincent had to leave again? What if he never came back?

"Would you hate me if I said I don't believe you?"

He chuckled, "I could never hate you. And I don't blame you. I was gone for a long time."

Biting her lip, she tried to keep the tears at bay. But the doors to her sorrow were thrown open.

"You were gone for five years, eight months, and ten days."

"Someone's been counting," he joked, but she saw the sheen of tears in his eyes as well.

"Every day without you never went unnoticed."

"Same, love, same." He said and hooked an arm under her legs. He cradled her to his chest, her head tucked under his chin.

"You are soaking wet, let's get you changed into something dry."

'Mhmm' was all she said as she wrapped her arms around him. The lights to her apartment were on. She pointed to her room and he expertly opening the door while still keeping her in his arms. Vincent set her down once they were inside.

"What was the occasion?" He asked glancing at the gown she wore.

"Elle and Sebastian sealed the deal. She's a married woman now."

His eyebrows shoot up, "Congratulations are in order. And a hefty wedding gift as well."

She didn't move from where Vincent set her down. Still feeling the warmth coming from his body behind her. She couldn't step away from him.

"Shall I help you, love?"

His fingers went to the zipper of her dress. With a shiver, she nodded.

The slowly opening zipper was the only sound in the room as every inch of exposed skin began to flare with heat. He stepped closer when the dress fell loose around her. His hand circled her bare waist. Her breath hitched when his fingers slipped under the fabric.

Five years. Five years since she felt those hands on her.

"I have missed you, my love." He whispered against her ear. She closed her eyes, leaning her head back against his strong shoulders. He placed open mouthed kisses along her neck while skillfully gliding the fabric down her body until it pooled at her feet. The gentle touch of his fingertips made her aware of his large body behind her. But he was too far away. Turning around she took in his dark eyes that were glazed over with desire.

"I have missed you too."

Reaching up, she began unbuttoning his shirt. Her fingers shook with anticipation. Vincent smirked seeing this and offered to help.

"No, this is for me. I want-I need to do this."

Working each button out of its button hole, she pushed the fabric off his bronzed chest. She tilted her head, her browns pinched in regret when she saw the faint pink scar on his chest.

"It saved your life. I wear it with pride."

Leaning forward, she kissed the slightly raised skin. "It almost cost yours. Never do that again." She said the final words with an edge to her voice.

"I'll try not to, my love." He grinned. She scoffed as she let out a chuckle of her own.

Stepping out of the pool of her gown, she led him to her bed. Sprawled on the bed, she watched through hooded eyes as he unfastened his belt and removed the final layers of clothing between them.

"I love you, Vincent." She sighed when he joined. His large body covering hers.

"And I you."

Cradling his hips with hers, she welcomed his body and relished at the delicious stretch of muscles long gone unused. They fell into a rhythm that had both of them sighing and when she felt her peak building, edging toward the tipping point, Vincent switched their positions and encouraged her to find her release.

Keeping her eyes on the man she loved, she loved him with her body. And when the muscles around him began to quiver with her release she shouted her love for him so no doubts would exist in the world.

"Will you be moving back into your house?"

Her head rested against his chest, his arm around her as they lay above the bed linen. There wasn't any time to slip under, with Vincent reaching for her and her joining him with equal enthusiasm. It was only now, in the middle of the night, where they lay in comfort in each others arms.

"Why? Do you want to go back?" He said, drawing circled on her back.

"Not the main house. I hope you understand that I never want to go back there again. Too many awful memories."

"Fair point," he began and pulling her above him, he arranged her legs so she was straddling his lap while he leaned against the headboard. "As I understand, that house belongs to my mother now. She will do with it as she pleases."

He pulled her against him, tucking her head under his chin.

"I was thinking of moving into something smaller. Still private and with the luxuries one would expect in a house owned by Vincent Blood," he said with a smile in his voice. She smiled in return and copying the hand on her thigh, she drew small circles against his hard stomach.

"But there would be one change to this house." He said. She continued drawing circles and listening to the rhythmic thumping of his heart. He was real. And he was here. "It will be a home. A home built by us."

Sitting up, she noticed the easy smile on his face, the love in his eyes, and the promise of a future with him. Threading his fingers through hers he kissed her knuckle.

"I would love that."

She leaned forward, pressing her lips against his for a slow kiss. She loved kissing him.

They fell into a comfortable silence then. Basking in the fact that they were together again.

But there was one thought that was building in her mind until it bubbled forth to her lips.

"And the Blood Family? Are you still...doing that?"

A pregnant silence hung between them and she felt the hand on her back still.

"I'm putting that behind me. That part of me has only brought pain and suffering to those in my life. My mother is more than happy to cut ties with that lifestyle and so am I."

"What will you do now?"

Resuming his exploration of her body, she felt his hands move up her legs. Sighing against his hands that continued their way up her waist and to her arms, she absentmindedly listened to his response.

"You forget, my love, that I am Vincent Blood, big shot lawyer. I think that will be enough for me, enough for us and what I have planned."

His hands found their way to her chest. His gaze darkened and placing her hands over his, she admired her hands over his as he teased her sensitive flesh.

"And what do you have planned?"

Closing her eyes to welcome the pleasure yet to come she moaned when he moved below her.

"I want to start a family. Make you my wife and have beautiful children with you."

The picture he painted was one filled with love. A life she had dreamed of living. And now she could have it with him.

"You need to ask first, Mr. Blood." She joked, looking at her left hand as it rested above his.

Removing his hand she watched as he reached for a small string laying on the table beside them. Tying it into a small loop he held it between them.

"Jewel Crest, I love you with everything that I am and cannot spend another day without you. I live and I breathe only for you. Will you do me the greatest honour of becoming my wife?"

She held out her hand and nodded.

He slipped the makeshift ring on her finger and she pulled him in for a kiss. Saying that she loved him would not be enough but she tried anyway. Speaking against his lips she said, "You came into my life and changed it for the better. I love you more than anything and anyone in this world. I would be honoured to be your wife."

The string around her finger weighed heavy with the promise of a bright future. And when they fell into an age-old rhythm shared between lovers, she pulled his mouth to hers and basked in his kisses.

Her Blood kisses.

A/N The End.

Thank you for reading and thank you for being so supportive of my work. I will switch gears and start working on 'A Crown in the Mist', my second book to my fae-fantasy-romance-adventure-extravaganza. I'm very excited to write about a certain black haired blue-eyed Fae Prince. If this appeals to you, then give book 1 a read, it is already posted and completed under the title "The Bane of the Empire".

Again thank you for reading. I got it done just in time for the Wattys too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

703K 24.5K 33
Y/N is a simple girl who loved nothing more than reading and adventure. One Day, when her brother went out to collect a rose for her and didn't retur...
1.9M 50.7K 48
Nicola and Gabriel used to be best friends while growing up, but she had made the classic mistake of falling in love with him, which resulted in not...
1.5M 128K 62
RATHOD In a broken family, every person suffers from his insecurities and guilt. Successful in every field but a big failure when it comes to emotio...
260K 10.6K 23
Harper is a magnet for love. She loves love. But after had Seperation with the love of her life, she is starting to think love doesn't exist. She is...