My Own Direction (Wilkins Bro...

By JSmith_Writes

Hattie Morris just wanted to be loved. Maybe that sounded overdramatic. She grew up in a blended family with... More

Story Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Author's Closing

Chapter 10

876 89 0
By JSmith_Writes

HATTIE

Her thighs squeezed against my head and I could feel her muscles quiver while Zoey came on my tongue once again. She had sworn she didn’t have another orgasm left in her, but I wasn’t about to give up. I learned a thing or two over the years and I knew exactly how to get her where I wanted her. My name fell off her lips along with a few other choice words and her fingers were buried in my hair, pulling me away and pushing me further into her at the same time. She couldn’t figure out what she wanted and I loved it.

“Such a good girl, such a fucking good girl, Zoey.” I dropped her legs and sat up, taking a look at the goddess that was sprawled out on the bed. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and then licked the remaining sweetness while she looked at me with hooded eyelids.

“I can’t believe you were able to get that out of me. I’ve never had that many orgasms without assistance and extra play items involved.”

“I’m not against extra play items, but damn your pussy tastes good.”

“You’re not so bad yourself, Sport,” she teased me while grabbing my hand and pulling me up to be near her. I settled into Zoey’s arms and relished in the feeling of our naked bodies touching. For the last few hours, we had shared the most personal moments and with the addition of the sheet that was pulled on top of us, we were holding each other in one of the most intimate ways.

I couldn’t help but continue to kiss against her bare shoulder and watch as her chest rose and fell under the sheet. I felt so comfortable that for a moment I almost forgot that this relationship, or whatever we were calling it, was only about a week old. Our chemistry was through the roof, proof of that just took place. “What are you thinking about, Zoey?” 

I walked my fingers over her midriff until I met her hand, our fingers interlocked and Zoey brought the conjoined hands to her mouth for a kiss before resting them against her stomach once again. “A lot of things, probably things I shouldn’t mention crossing my mind after the things we just did. Also thinking about how good you feel right here next to me in my bed.”

“I was thinking the same thing. Do you want to talk about the other stuff though? You know I’ll listen to whatever you want to talk about.”

She sighs for a moment before speaking, “Not so much something I want to say to you, but maybe more so what I’d like to talk to you about and ask you about.”

“I’m an open book for you, Zoey.”

“Not just open legs?” She said in a teasing and flirty voice. I use my other hand to tickle her side and she squirms against my touch and squeals. “No, no! I’m super ticklish.”

“I’ll have to keep that in mind for another time,” I press my lips against her shoulder once more. “I’m serious though, Zo, what’s going on?”

“I know you didn’t want to talk about it last week when I offered you a drink. Since we’ve been talking this week you’ve dropped a few hits and I think I’ve pieced together enough of the story, but I didn’t want to come to my own conclusions, I’d like to hear it directly from you.”

I knew this topic would come back eventually. She was right, a few times in our late-night conversations I had dropped hints about my relationship with Sami and how I reacted when it was over. She knew I was seeing a therapist, but that didn’t seem to phase her because she admitted right away that she frequents one as well. All of a sudden I felt a tightness in my chest. Slowly I sat up, leaning more against the headboard now. Zoey followed suit and pulled the sheet up once again so we were both covered.

The palm of her hand caressed my cheek and she leaned in and kissed the other cheek, “Whatever you are comfortable with sharing, Hat. I swear I won’t judge you. We both have our demons, but I want to make sure I can support you the best way possible.”

“Just you being you is doing a lot, but I can share. It is just hard to think about how I acted and how it could have ended so much worse.”

“Whatever it is, I’m sure you have every right to be proud of your growth and what you went through.”

“You’re such a ray of sunshine, I kind of like it.”

“I prefer a rainbow,” she quips with a smirk.

“You would. I’m thinking more the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.”

“Now you’re just sucking up and changing the subject, Hattie.”

“You see right through me.”

“That’s because I see you for who you are.” Her lips gently touch against mine again. “Talk to me, baby.”

“I’ve kind of told you how I’ve been a little jealous of my siblings and finding their love and starting their families, when I was with my ex-girlfriend, Sami, I thought she was it. I thought she was the one. We’d have conversations here and there about the future, it all felt so real until it wasn’t.”

“She didn’t want the same things?”

“I don’t know. Maybe I missed some signs or made some signs up in my head, but man I really thought we were on the same track. When we broke up, it was a punch to the gut. I was completely taken back. The entire thing was totally unexpected. One moment we were having dinner and talking about planning an RV trip through California and then a few hours later she tells me that she’s not sure we want the same things.”

“Just like that? Wow, what a bitch.”

“Just like that. I don’t know what happened. She wasn’t my first relationship, but she was the first woman I thought I would see myself with. I had a really hard time processing what happened and I didn’t work through my broken heart in the best way.”

“Drinking?” Zoey questioned.

I nod, “It started out just at home, but eventually that just had me feeling lonely and I didn’t like that feeling either so I started going out to bars and clubs. I would close up the studio and then spend the rest of the night in Scottsdale or Tempe at a bar and just drink, dance, let loose.”

“That doesn’t sound THAT bad. I mean, every night is a little excessive.”

“It was beyond excessive. I passed out in an unknown amount of locations. My brother, Tate, was always the one that came to get me.”

“Why Tate?”

“This was before Rosemary, so he was the only one that was unattached. I knew he’d keep my secret and not tell my parents what was going on. That was until one night he had enough. He finally ratted me out and I was so pissed at him, but now I see it was for the best.”

“He was just trying to protect his little sister.”

“I know that now. I would have done the same thing if any of my brothers or my friends were suffering the same way I was. I wanted to pretend I was okay, but I was hurting and broken inside. The only thing that helped me was being so drunk that I couldn’t feel.”

I was able to get through most of the story without getting too emotional, but when Zoey put her arms around me and forced me into a hug I finally lost it. It wasn’t how I planned for this to go, but I cried and she held me, gently running her fingers through my hair until I could gain my composure again. “And that is why you don’t drink anymore?”

“I still drink sometimes, but I make sure it is in controlled situations. I might have a beer or glass of wine when I’m having dinner with the family. In other situations where it would be too easy to overindulge I refrain. I don’t want to be out of control again.”

“With me?”

I shake my head, “Zoey, you make me feel out of control, but in the best possible way.”

“You say that like it is a bad thing.”

My fingers gently play across her bare skin once again, “It isn’t bad at all. I won’t lie, it scares me how strongly I feel for you. I don’t want to get hurt again, but I don’t want to pretend like this isn’t something special.”

“You never need to pretend with me, Hattie. I feel the same way about you. I know it can feel too good to be true, but it isn’t. You’re safe with me. If you ever want to lose control, I’ll catch you. I swear.”

“I don’t want to lose control around you, Zoey. I want to be in the moment and feel all the feelings with you.”

“Good,” she said with a smirk. Zoey’s hand disappeared below the sheet, grazed over my breast, and then she slid it between my legs. “Let me help you forget all about anybody who came before me.” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 1.3K 29
Rosalie thinks that she has a great relationship and a happy life. But her perspective changes when she meets her fiancee's ex wife. After learning...
420K 17K 68
"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you gives me god damn butterflies. Hearing...
13.4K 1.9K 33
Eighteen-year-old Iris Howell thought she was living her best life until those two pink lines showed up on the pregnancy test. In a flash, all her fu...
130K 8.7K 42
Harlow Rose knew exactly who she was supposed to grow up to be until she didn't. Growing up in a super religious household, Harlow's life boiled down...