I Was Right, Love Is Messy (T...

By ItsKristenWrites

Kate has had enough of her demons and she is now looking for forgiveness, after two years of not seeing her e... More

Author's note
1. See you tomorrow, Miss Montgomery
2. The promise
3. Friendship bracelets
4. I'll leave you alone
5. I'm always hot
6. What besties are for
7. Secrets
8. Curiosity killed the cat
9. Curiosity broke Kate's arm?
10. Hospital stories
11. She is not the only one
12. Cat toys
13. The truth
14. You are real to me
15. Make me feel wanted
17. Jealousy gives us hope
18. The eyes gave you away
19. Borrowing book's pages
20. No more games, and no more running

16. Just the gay panic

1.8K 85 26
By ItsKristenWrites

Kate's POV

A week after I talked with Monty...or Jennifer, I mean she told me what her name was and game her number...so I guess I should call her Jen now? Jen...yeah, Jen. The point is that it's been a week since she went looking for me and found me at the school backyard, gazing at nothing and unable to process my own thoughts.

I've got to admit that before that day, I believed that she only thought of me as little amusing, someone not completely awful to spend a part of your day with. And it was obvious that she is a nice and sweet person, because she's always been very patient with me, but I thought that it had to do with the fact that she felt like I needed her protection, and that she'd do it for anyone.

I didn't think that she would actually like me, that she would want to be a real friend for me. That act alone a week ago, made my mood change forever, I'd dare to say. Yes, I was still feeling kinda tired and confused after my talk with Nikki, Val and Sofía. But seeing Monty everyday always put my mind and heart at ease.

"Hey Kate, wait up!" I voice that I recognized as familiar said behind me, and I turned around so I could wait for her to get to me.

As soon as Jess got closer to me, she put one hand in my shoulder for support, and with her other hand she gripped her chest tightly, panting for air.

"My grandma did that too once!" I said sarcastically, placing my hand on Jess lower back to help her stabilize herself. "She died after" I added, waiting for Jess reaction.

Jess rolled her eyes at my comment and then snorted, and even though she kept panting for a few more seconds without saying anything, she shushed me with her finger, making me wait for whenever the air returned to her lungs, and she could talk.

"Okay yeah, I can breathe again" she said to herself, and then stood up straight. "Wanna go grab lunch with me? You know, before I die" she said enthusiastically.

I smiled at her, and I was about to say yes when images of a certain blonde clouded my mind. I haven't missed a single lunch date with Monty, not after that day that we both...connected.

And we've been closer ever since, she has told me a little about her past, she has even told me about her homophobic family, to whom I'd like to respectfully throw a few punches.

"Earth to Kate" Jess said smiling, and I quickly flashed her a smile too.

"Sorry, I was thinking that I forgot my notebook in Miss. Montgomery's classroom, and I was on my way to get it, but if you want I can see you after?" I asked her apologetically.

Jess smiled playfully and shook her head at me, faking disapproval. "If you keep rejecting me, I'll have no other choice...than to kidnap you" Jess said jokingly crossing her arms. "Or you'd have to ask me out on a fancy diner, and I'm not holding back on my eating expenses"

"Okay, but when have you?" I said in a ridiculous tone, Jess laughed at me and slapped my arm playfully.

"This is my punishment, who did I wronged to make G-d punish me like this?" Jess said sarcastically.

"Is liking me really so bad?" I asked playfully, but when I looked at Jess, the intensity in her eyes left me breathless.

"No...not really" she said softly. "Good look with Miss. Montgomery, find me later" she added, winking and then walking away from me and to the cafeteria.

As I resumed my journey to Monty's classroom, I was now thinking about Jess too. Monty said that Jess had an ugly past from which she rose up to, I haven't asked neither Monty or Jess about it, and I feel like Jess will tell me then the time is right.

Jess has been an... interesting person in my life lately, I wouldn't exactly call her a friend because as soon as we broke the ice, she started flirting with me non-stop, but she mostly asked me have lunch with her on school, and I think that maybe she was hoping that I'd be the one to ask her out properly on a date.

Nevertheless, her wanting to be seen with me, or not really caring about it, should be an indicator that she really wants to be a part of my life, whether her flirting is aimed to a fling or something more long term. I am still a social pariah, every time she is seen talking with me, she is committing social suicide.

She has even defended me, not one, not twice, not three times, but four times. And I don't need anyone to defend me, but I've got to admit that it feels nice to have someone that it's willing to do it for you.

Jess is great, she should be in my life, that's a fact. But I can't leave Monty, I know that if I have lunch with Jess, I wouldn't exactly be leaving Monty...but I'd miss her, its kinda our thing now.

Just as I finished my inner monologue about why I kept choosing Monty over Jess, I got to her classroom, knocked softly on the door and then pocked my head in.

Monty was on the other side of the classroom, sanding on a chair and trying to grab something from a very high-top shelf. As soon as she heard me come in, she looked at my way and directed me a smile, but when she lost her focus, she stumbled a little and almost fell.

At the last minute she regained balance, but I didn't waste time and went to stand behind her, dropping my backpack on the floor and gripping her small waist with both of my hands to help her keep her steady.

I felt her body go rigid at my sudden action, but she tried to hide it. Me on the other hand, were trying so hard to no look at her ass which I had centimeters away from my face. I was trying so hard not to get lost on the way her skirt and blouse hug her body so perfectly.

"Thank you" Monty said shakily, gazing down a little.

"You're welcome, I just got my cast removed...I don't want you getting one for yourself" I said trying to sound silly and confident, but my voice was as shaky as Monty's.

Monty chuckled, she shook her head and after a few seconds she remembered what she was doing, she stretched so she could reach what she was looking for. And I lost all the little self-restraint I had when she did so, her skirt lifted a little and I was met with her slim thighs. My dirty mind created images of everything I shouldn't be thinking about her...my friend, and my teacher.

Before I could do something, I'd regret later, Monty finished with what she was doing and she tentatively gave me her hand so I could help her get off the chair and safely into to the ground. I tore my eyes away from her curves and quickly gave her my hand.

She carefully got down, but at the last minute the chair slipped, bringing Monty down with it. Thankfully, my grip on her was firm, so I used my arms to bring her towards me forcefully to avoid letting her fall.

Our faces were inches apart, Monty looked at me with surprise and fear due her almost fall, her mouth was slightly open, and her eyes were piercing though mine. I could hear her agitated breathing match mine, and due how close we were I could feel her heart beating a mile per hour.

"Got you" I whispered with Monty still in my arms.

Monty's eyes went from my eyes to my lips, and then back to my eyes, repeating the motion until she bit her lip and I indistinctively started to lean in. The air was filled with tension, and something deep inside me was screaming me to stop, but I pushed it to the back of my mind as I stared at her pink and plum lips that I was dying to kiss from the moment I first saw her.

My arms were wrapped around her, wanting to bring her closer to me even though there was no space left, and as we were about to kiss, a loud noise started us.

Monty jumped back but gripped my shirt tightly and hid her face in the crock of my neck looking for protection. I jumped at the same time as she did, but with my arms protectively around her, tightening my grip on her.

"Oh my G-d; it was me, sorry sorry sorry" Monty said once we looked down and realized that she dropped the huge book she was trying to get off the self a few moments ago.

She let me go and went to pick up the book at the same time as I did, our fingers touching slightly and we both jumped at the contact, doping the book again with another loud thud.

I turned around rapidly and let her pick the book while I tried to regulate my breathing, this was undeniably the gay panic, yeah...we are both attractive women and this thing happens, it has to be the gay panic, there's no other explanation.

And I guess I haven't felt the gay panic from a long time, because I can barely keep it together right now.

"Thank you...Kate" Monty said smiling nervously, looking at me for a split second and then looking at the floor.

"Yeah, no problem" I said as equally nervous as her.

"Do you need something or...?" she trailed off scratching her head and organizing some already organized books over and over again.

"Oh...no, I mean I-" Think Kate think, don't let the gay panic control you. "I- Jess invited me to have lunch with her...and I...uh...came to ask you what do you think? I mean she seems nice; would she splash me with pig blood and record the whole thing? I don't know that" I actually do know that she wouldn't, but I need to ease the tension somehow and my dumb brain couldn't come with anything better than this.

"She seems nice" Monty said, now picking up a book and reviewing it...it was upside-down tho.

I hummed in response, putting my shaking hands in my back in an attempt to prevent Monty for watching it.

"I don't know much about her-, I mean, besides of what I've already told you...but it's great that you are...ah...making new friends, you should...uh...try to get to know her and you'll know" she added, still pretending to read a book that was upside-down.

I nodded rapidly, and I felt slightly better by knowing that her behaving showed that she got the gay panic as strong as I did.

"Maybe I should, I don't know...go find her?" I asked, Monty is my best friend, but we both need to calm down the gayness.

"Maybe you should find her!" Monty repeated with fake enthusiasm, she placed the book on her desk and stared opening random drawers, pretending to be busy.

"Maybe I should go do that right now" I said, motioning towards the door with a nervous smile.

"Maybe you should go do that right now!" she repeated, and even though she wanted to keep the fake enthusiasm on, her voice had an almost imperceptible edge to it.

I nodded and walked towards the door with my head down, I could feel Monty's eyes in the back of my head which made me ten times more nervous. As soon as I reached the door, I directed her an absent and awkward goodbye wave, that she reciprocated just as awkwardly.

"See you later...um...pal" I said, saying the last part in a ridicule tone that came out in a very, very high register.

"See me later...pal" she repeated, as she did with everything I said in the last five minutes. She gulped with difficulty and smiled at me, an obvious fake smile which I returned looking at the floor and closing the door a second after.

As soon as I got out, I released a breath I didn't know I was holding, I shook my head as I tried to erase all the naughty but sexy thoughts that clouded my mind. My feet were dragging me to the cafeteria, to look for Jess and try to distract myself from the huge gay panic attack that I just had.

Because that's what it was isn't it? It was platonic, it happens at all of us lesbians with women in general. Yeah, it has to be that.

It was just the gay panic.

———————————-

Hopefully you can now see this update?
If you do, let me tell you, I'm very excited for what's to come in this book and how our two teacherxstudent couples stories intertwine. Some of you gave me a ideas/requests of what you want to see, and I just want to thank all of the people reading this story for being patient with me and reading this story as if you were in it yourself. Your support means a lot to me and I just wanted to take a moment to let you guys now.

Anyways, let me know if you're liking the story so far! And if you liked this chapter, you would help me more than you might think by voting and sharing with friends! Also thanks to the people that comments, it's amazing to read your insights or jokes! Thank you for reading!

Also, if you want to get to know me more, follow me on my socials, here are my usernames:
CuriosCat: @ItsKristen
Twitter: @ItsKristenWrite

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 5.9K 49
I have always been quite fond of women. And as time goes by, the attraction has not wavered. I have always known the truth of my sexuality. But my fa...
427K 15.5K 57
Sofía von Emple - Castillo, as you can guess from her pretentious name, is the returning golden girl and Queen b of her high school. Sofía's life is...
2K 102 16
"We can't do this Val, this will ruin your career if we continue", Evelyn breathed. "To you love, I will risk everything for you to be mine. You're...
60.9K 2.3K 65
Twenty year old Alex is trying to finish high school and move out before anyone finds out what she's hiding. The new teacher, with the dark past, is...