Verena // Alec. Lightwood [1]

By sebs_loves

VERENA // to fear, to respect Soulmates were something Alec Lightwood didn't trust or necessarily believe In... More

Cast and Prologue
Not the Artist
Seeing Strangers
Clubs Are Dangerous
Possesion of Dot
Magic Church
Bonding Time
Chasing Dot
Taken by Force
Vamps of Brooklyn
Grave Digging
Knight In Shining Armour
Dreaming
Magnus Bane
Portal of Safety
Attack on Warlocks
Who We Love Most
Knowing Freelings
Maybe We're Soulmates
Knock you on your Ass
Men Love Her
Pain-filled Screams
Meeting the Family
Secret Plans
Finding the Cup
Be The Distraction
Death of a Friend
Lost in Memory Lane
Bad Day for Take-Out
Forsaken Attack
Keeping Faith
Coming Home
Meliorn's Interrogation?
Stealing Steles
Sedation Couldn't Keep Her At Bay
Order of Arrest
Take The Pain Away
So Close
He ain't Michael
Home again
Preperations
A Mole
Till Death Do We Part
Always Trust Your Hunch
People Change
Hello Magnus
Book of the White
I Hate Her
The End / Sequel
OTHER BOOK

Raspy Morning Voice

12.8K 307 17
By sebs_loves

RASPY MORNING VOICE

●♧♧●

I went to roll over onto my side when the feeling of someone's head on my chest stopped me. Looking down slightly, i saw the familiar colour of strawberry blonde hair. I smiled to myself, wrapping my arm around her waist.

I forgot that Rena stayed in my room last night. I had whispered sweet nothings to her until she fell into a sort of deep slumber.

She was really upset that no one told her Simon was a vampire. She thought he was dead and she had grieved for him. She was more so upset that she didn't have a say on whether he should've become a Downworlder or not.

I yawned and felt slight movement come from her. Wincing, i tried to stay as still as possible, not wanting to wake her. She did look cute when sleeping.

Her breathing was soft, gentle and it was a great representative of the mood she was in. Although...how can she be in a mood when she's asleep?

I kissed her head softly, making sure she was fully asleep, before trying to unwrap her arms from me. I stood once i had succeeded and grabbed some new clothes from my wardrobe.

"Hey." I heard a soft voice greet, and i looked over my shoulder, smiling at Rena.

"Hey." I replied, and she smiled. She was intoxicating, and i was hooked.

●♤♤●

I felt Alec start to pull away from me, him probably thinking i was asleep, and leave the bed. I waited for him to get to his wardrobe before deciding to speak up. In all honesty, i was liking the view. He didn't have a shirt on, just grey sweats that hung on his v-line.

"Hey." I said softly, a bit of a morning voice to it.

"Hey." He said, smiling at me. His morning voice was...agh. It was raspy-ish and deep. I loved it. I smiled, and he smiled back.

"Have you got business to go to?" I asked him, sitting up a little bit in the bed. My white tank top rose up my stomach, but i just ran a hand through my untangled hair.

Had Alec been messing with it whilst he was awake? It should've been tangled up.

"We have. Get dressed." I didn't even have time to think before a black shirt was thrown at me along with black short shorts. I raised a brow and looked at the clothes that had been thrown at me.

"Is this-"

"My shirt? Yeah." Alec responded, doing his jeans up. I looked at him and he shrugged. "What?" He pulled his shirt over his head and ran a hand through his own hair.

"And the shorts? They yours?" I teased a little, and Alec flushed red.

"No! No, i had, um...i had them ordered for you." He mumbled and i laughed softly.

"I'm messing with you, dork. Although..." I trailed off, raising my brows at my boyfriend, who laughed.

"Just get changed." He said, chuckling, as he walked to the bathroom. I heard the sink turn on and i chose to get dressed. I slipped the shorts on, then the shirt. I tucked a bit of the shirt into my shorts and smiled. I didn't look half bad. When i looked at the dresser, i saw some make up stuff - like brushes, foundation etc - and my hair brush.

I walked to the dresser, picking up the hair brush and brushing my hair. I then decided it would be nice to put it in a ponytail. I applied some light makeup with some clear lip balm before smiling.

Today felt okay so far.

I went to walk towards the bathroom, about to question what took Alec so long, when i saw the necklace Mags had given me.

I gave it to Alec...when i was unsure on whether i'd make it or not. I pursed my lips and picked the jewelry up, just looking at it.

I didn't particularly want it anymore.

"Oh...you found it?" I looked to my left and saw Alec, staring at the necklace. "Do you...want it back?" I smiled and shook my head.

"It's fine. You can keep it." I stood on my tippy toes and kissed Alec's cheek. I went to walk away afterwards, but he snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me back so i was against his chest, looking up at him.

"You missed." He whispered, and i bit my bottom lip. I smiled after and kissed him properly, Alec deepening it. We spent a minute or so like that before the need for air became too much.

"Bulls-eye." I muttered, and Alec chuckled deeply. He let me go and i swiftly walked to the bathroom.

"Oh, Rena?" I leaned out the door a little and glanced at the heels Alec held. "Wear these." He winked at me and i laughed loudly, retreating back into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth out. I smiled at myself, winking at my reflection.

I felt good right now.

Walking out the bathroom, i noticed Alec had left. I chuckled and walked to the heels he had left on the dresser. I slipped them on and buckled them up. It was a thin strip just above the ankle and then a wider trip going across the front of my foot. It was a block heel, and with this outfit, i'd say it went quite well.

Huh...look at Alec, having a semi-sense of fashion.

"Then, they put Jace in, and that can't be, you know..." I heard Alec trail off. Just as i saw Izzy walk by, i frowned questioningly at her. She quickly walked up to me.

"Play along. Not everyone knows your engaged to Alec." She whispered, and i snickered. I nodded and walked with her, pretending to be pissed.

"Where the hell have you been?" Alec asked his sister, giving me a confused glance.

"Where i needed to be." She responded, slightly coldly. "Away from you and your fiance." She sneered and i let my jaw drop a little. Alec seemed to get a bit pissed, probably thinking she was talking about me and him, instead of him and Lydia. Although, their engagement was called off because i'm just...obviously better.

"Jace and Clary are on the run." Alec informed and i frowned. They were? "I can't protect you if you don't tell me the truth."

"I don't need protecting." Izzy spat back. "Meliorn's alive. That's all that matters."

"Just...hey, just-" Alec tried speaking to Izzy as she walked, but he ultimately decided on making her stand still. "-tell me this. Is there any way that Raj could have seen anything incriminating?" I saw Alec and Izzy look at Raj, who was talking to Lydia.

"I don't think you can call it an attack if no one got injured." He told the blondie. "We were ambushed."

"How is that possible? Nobody outside the Institute knew about the mission." Lydia scoffed, and i rolled my eyes.

"It was dark." Raj pointed out. Well done, dipshit. "We couldn't see much. There were wolves, and the others were hit with vampires. But i swear, the one that got me...moved a lot like a Shadowhunter."

I gulped as Lydia looked at me, Alec and Izzy.

I had nothing to do with that ambush apart from kicking Jace's ass because he deserved it.

He was gonna hurt my boyfriend...what can i say? I'm a protective woman.

Something told me to go to my room. Call it a gut feeling, but i did. I walked to my room and shut the door behind me. I saw my bedside table lighting up from my phone.

"Come on, come on. Pick up, Rea. We need you." I frowned. I heard Clary, but she wasn't here. She needed my help?

Well...she wasn't getting it. 

"Sorry, sissy. Perhaps you shouldn't have been a bitch." I muttered to myself, wishing she could here me. I shrugged and walked out my bedroom, just to bump into someone. I gasped and almost fell, but a pair of hands grabbed my arms, keeping me on my feet.

Looking up, i saw Alec.

"Well...look at you." I smirked, and Alec sighed, hoisting me up to i was standing normally and not almost squatting. "My knight in shining armour."

"My damsel in distress." Alec said back, and i laughed a little.

"You're the damsel, honey." I patted his chest and gripped his hand, interlocking our fingers as we walked down through the Insitute.

I felt at home. Again.

HEYA!

Okay, so i surprisingly got good-ish scores in my german mini test.
How was the chapter?
WE'RE ALMOST AT THE END OF SEASON ONE!

Almost at the wedding ;)

I'm thinking of doing a sequel for each season, sound good?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 5.3K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
124K 3.3K 21
DISCONTINUED "Let the devil know that I was brave enough to die." She's the Faerie Queen's favourite with a secret love of Shadowhunters. He's a Sh...
27.1K 1K 10
𝑽𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒖𝒏𝒅 / ver-I- kuhnd / Adjective 1. Bashful ; Modest _________________________________________ Being alone and always...
244K 5.2K 14
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ― Lao Tzu Shadowhunters (Season 1)