Compromise: an Avatar Fan Fic...

By Tohabath

The final act in an AU fanfic concerning the Fire Nation's endeavors to make restitution with the Earth Kingd... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six

Chapter One

7 1 0
By Tohabath

[It is three days before the Fire Nation celebrates its official Avatar Day; an adapted tradition from the colonies, instituted on the anniversary of the Hundred Year War's end by Fire Lord Zuko. Festivals are hosted across the continent in preparatory jubilee, which Tai-Lee intends to take full advantage of while on her double-date.]

Pipsqueak: That's a lot of food-stands...

Tai-Lee: But of course! They've got the widest variety of the Fire Nation's culinary finest!

Suki: Let me guess, you plan to take advantage of the Fire Lord's tab?

Tai-Lee: Of course not; my parents are rich!

[She tosses a small pouch to Suki.]

Tai-Lee: There are about twenty gold pieces in there. We'll split up, grab dinner, and meet up in the central plaza. Don't have too much fun!

[Tai-Lee leaves with Pipsqueak, eyeing him greedily.]

Jet: So, you're from around here, right? I'll bet you know what's good.

Suki: I'm actually from the Earth Kingdom. I haven't been around long enough to tell the difference.

Jet: (Shrugs.) No worries. We can check the stand that's most crowded, and see if it's worth the wait.

Suki: The most crowded?

Jet: The more people around, the more popular it's gotta be.

Suki: Oh. Hey... can I ask you a question?

Jet: (Lets out a long sigh.) Sure.

Suki: I... I understand if you don't want to talk about it, but-

Jet: It's fine. When Pipsqueak brought me to the Fire Nation... I wasn't expecting so many people to talk to me about my death. It's still mostly a blur, but... I think I remember enough to tell you what happened. It's been enough for everyone who's asked, anyway.

Suki: I'm all ears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

357K 15.5K 39
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
550K 17.1K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
865K 53.1K 117
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
969K 24.3K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...