The Treasure Collector

By Future_author15

I look over at her, she closed her eyes as fresh streams of tears fall onto her cheeks. Good girl. I wrapped... More

Intro
Chapter 1: The Treasure Collector
Chapter 3: Detective Hewitt
Chapter 4: The Treasure Collector
Chapter 5: Detective Hewitt
The Treasure Collector

Chapter 2: Detective Hewitt

21 2 0
By Future_author15

Another day another gruesome crime. I must say I'm rather surprised that this little town has turned into a killer hotspot. A million and one scenarios ran through my head as I walk towards the crime scene. What sick mother fucker would dispose such disturbing evidence in the middle of a park. I look around at the people behind the caution tape, terror evident on their faces.

I showed the officer my badge and he let me through. The first thing that greeted me was the metallic smell that was far too familiar. The sight was horrid, what seemed like a black dress was covered in thick crimson blood. I watch as the flies swarm the crimson liquid making it twice as disturbing. I use the sleeve of my shirt to help cover up my nose.

After seeing a Forensic analyst, I removed the fabric from my nose. "Have you collected blood samples as yet?" I ask Mrs. Slaw a member of the Forensic team. "Good morning to you too Detective Hewitt, yes I did I was just waiting on you to come deem it as a crime scene" she says cheekily. I roll my eyes gaining a chuckle out of her. Her blonde hair blew in the wind making her even more attractive.

"See you at the lab detective" she says smiling as she walks away, a small smile formed onto my lips as I watch her walk away until she reached the police car where she'll be escorted to the lab. "Alright collect every piece of evidence and rap up" I say, ordering three officers. What was this person's motive, this was the second time he or she had done such thing.

All I know is that we're dealing with a serial killer here if he kills one more and if we don't act on it quickly nothing will be solved. It has been two weeks since the same thing happened, I have been trying and following any possible leads I could find but it was as if this woman didn't even exist. I walk towards my car leaning on the hood as I wrote down what I just observed. A vibration coming from my pocket made me jump a little causing me to cuss an expletive. I gained a few glares but I cared less, I've got bigger fish to fry.

Person's were still crowding the crime scene whispering amongst themselves all the possible scenarios they could find. One idiot even said it might be a bear attack, fucking amateur. I reach for my phone pressing the power button. The bright light made me flinch a little but my eyes adjusted to the light. I'm getting old I guess thirty-three is a bad age right?

I pull the notification bar down revealing two messages one from Sophia and the other one from Alex.

Alex: I'm coming to visit today.

I haven't seen him in a while since he left to seek a job in the neighboring town so I was looking forward to it.

Me: Ok I'll see you when I get home.

I left out of his inbox then opened Sophia's own.

Sophia (。♡‿♡。): Hunny I'm going to bring you your coffee in the next ten minutes. Xoxo.

I smile from ear to ear appreciating how good she takes care of me.

Me: Thanks babe. Xoxo.

She likes using that for some weird reason. I slide my phone back into my pocket and finished writing my observations. After which I got into my car and headed to the station. As I drove down the narrow road a new question evaded my mind. What did this psycho do to the bodies? All that surrounded the park were trees nothing else within 500 yards. I mean an old cabin was their but it had been abandoned for years.

Maybe I'll check it out. As I pulled into the parking lot I was greeted by Sophia's bright smile flashing off her dimples. She's a very beautiful woman with natural red hair, black eyes and a well defined body. She hands me my coffee and I took a sip from it immediately. The familiar taste calmed my senses for a bit, she definitely knows how to make some mean coffee.

I wrap my hand around the small of her back pulling her in. She chuckles as our lips collided with each other. The scent of her perfume fused the air making my hairs stand up. I smile as I pull away from her lips, she let's out another giggle, I swear she loves to laugh. "Thanks babe" I say giving her a smirk. "No need to thank me hun, it's the duty of a wife to look after her husband" she says pecking my lips once again.

"Now off you go, this town needs you" her voice fills with concern. "It's going to be ok we'll fi-" I was cut off by the ringtone of my phone. I retrieve it from my pocket holding up my index finger on my left hand where my coffee was in indicating to my wife that I need a second. "Detective Hewitt..." I greet. I immediately recognize the voice on the other end. "I'm already here sir....ok I'm coming in right now" I hung up the phone turning to my wife who has an understanding look on her face.

She's trying very hard to hide her worried expression but I know her too well to see right through her. "I'm on it honey" I say giving her a kiss on her forehead. She nods and I immediately start walking towards the entrance of the station. A few beads of sweat ran down my face because of the haste I was in. I was surprised when Captain Zein told me that there were family members for the first victim in my office.

We brought it out to the public because we couldn't get an idea of who she was. A dress similar to the one she had on was also uploaded to the media in means of finding out anything. The sound of whaling made my heart drop, I can't imagine what it's like losing a child. I took a deep breath before opening the door. Two heads snatched up in my direction which was expected but made me a little uneasy.

I walk over towards my desk placing my coffee on top of the case files I spent the last week and a half going over dead ends after dead ends. I took off my coat placing it on the back of my chair while avoiding eye contact with them. I finally sat in my chair and handed the lady the tissue paper holder. The man standing behind her nod his head in appreciation. I watch as she removes a tissue with her slender well manicured fingers.

"I'm Detective Hewitt and my partner is currently out on maternity leave and won't be back till the next few months. I was put on this case" I say introducing myself. She looks up at me with her blood shot eyes. The man continues to console her. "I'm Susette Stanley and this is R- Ryan Stanley my- my husband, I'm Eli-Elizabeth's mother and this is her s-step father" she manages to say.

I'm a bit confused as to why the man didn't speak for her. His eyes held sorrow but I guess he's holding back the tears to be strong for her. I stretch my right hand out for them to shake, then offered them a seat, after that awkward greeting crying filled the room once again.
"Do you have a picture of her?" I ask, with shaking hands she reached into her purse and hands me a picture.

I leaned forward taking the picture from her hand. The woman in the photo had strawberry blonde hair like her mother and blue eyes, she was petite in figure and doesn't look to be over the age of twenty-two. I looked at her attire noticing the same red dress we found on the highway two weeks ago.

"That was her favorite dress..." She sniffs wiping her nose.

"I got it for her for her twentieth birthday....she said she was going to wear it on a special occasion" the man finally speaks ups. A small smile forms on his lips then evaporated in seconds as if he was reminiscing about her reaction who knows. "What was she like?" I ask, receiving a glare from Mrs. Stanley.

"Look detective she was not a rebellious girl, she was quiet and collected, she took care of every one around her and she was very sweet. She came here in search of a job to help finance herself" her voice fills with conviction. "My apologies if that came off the wrong way Mrs. Stanley...I want to get my information together so I can put it out to the press" I state.

"Oh....well please help us find my baby girl. She hasn't been answering ours calls for a week now. I assumed that she was busy because she told me that it was a busy time at the diner this time of the year, but I got more worried over the days and I couldn't help it any longer. We heard about what happened in the news and started our journey first thing in the morning. I know that she's a grown woman but she's still a child in my eyes" fresh tears stream down her face. It wasn't the busiest time of the year for a diner with coffee it was summer for crying out loud where young people would like to party.

I understand that she's a grown up and she could be anywhere, maybe she even ran away but it was evident that this was her dress.
"Do you know the name of the diner? Or anything that we can ID her from?" I question. "Yes she mentioned it to us once...it was the Dale's Diner" Mr. Stanley replies, that diner is just downtown and is an easy find. Mrs. Stanley pulls out a hair brush from her bag handing it to me.

I open the top drawer taking out a ziplock bag for her to put it in there. She stares at the brush as I put it on top of the files. "If it's ok with you I want to make a statement about the new lead and showcase her picture to the public, also I want you both to make a statement" I told them. "Of course, what time?" Mr. Stanley ask. "Nine a.m. sharp" I reply. "We'll be here by eight" he assures me.

"Please find her detective" Mrs. Stanley pleads staring into my soul. I was under a lot of pressure already and needed some help, the last thing I wanted to do right now was make broken promises. I nod my head. "I'll try my best Mr and Mrs. Stanley" I tell them as they stand up to leave. I hand them my card to call if something else came up then they left. I let out an exaggerated sigh plopping down in my chair. With that much blood I doubt she's alive.

I rub my temples deciding to call my co-worker. She picks up after the third ring. "How's everything?" I ask her. "Good actually, how's everything at the office?" She asks, "I'm on top of it" I tell her but she saw right through me which was expected. We have been partners for seven years now so she would know when I'm lying.

"I'll be back before you know it" she chuckles, "How's he?" I ask. "He's a bad one" she laughs taking me back to the time when my wife and I first saw Alex he was our little source of happiness then and still is now. "Ok I'll let you get some rest talk to you later" I tell her then hang up the phone. I stood up reaching for my jacket when the door opened. "How did it go?" Captain Zein ask. "Ok, I'm going over to the lab to get some DNA replication" I tell him taking up my coffee that was now cold.

I put it to my lips taking a sip, I grimace at the taste. When I go over to the lab hopefully Kimberly have a microwave there. "Ok, have you read through all the files?" He asks yet another question. "Yeah I have but it's all just dead ends" I shrug. "When you return your new partner for the time being will be here waiting" finally. I nod my head and headed out after him with the brush in my right hand and the cold coffee in the next.

Upon reaching the lab a smirk formed on my lips at the sight of Kimberly bending over the desk scribbling on a piece of paper with her hair in a messy bun. Her glass fits perfectly on her face while the coat purposely blocks her legs from showing. "Are you just going to stare all day?" She teases still writing on the piece of paper. I approach her slightly chuckling, she turns to face me with furrow eyebrows. She already knew what I wanted as she trails her eyes down my body stopping at my hands.

"Oh you brought coffee" she says ignoring the brush in my hand and snatches the coffee cup. She puts it to her lips and takes a sip almost spitting it back out. "The fuck Kristian" she grimaces, I let out a laugh and she swats my arm. She places it on the desk and crosses her hands over her chest. I place the brush on top of the desk staring at her intensely. I can tell that her throat sudden became dry as she swallows hard.

"I need you to test this for me" I tell her moving my lips closer to hers. "I-I am..." She stutters, her perfume invade my senses pushing me over the edge. I couldn't hold it in any longer, the need for her lips on mine was growing stronger by the second but I pulled back. "Please Kimberly it's urgent" I pleaded with her. She rolls her eyes and snatches it from the desk and went to the testing room.

I wait impatiently looking for a microwave at the same time. I found a coffee maker instead so I poured my coffee in it to reheat. As soon as it was finished, I started sipping it. It has been an hour, my God in heaven, I've already finished my coffee.
"Kristian..." Her voice trails off, I already knew what the answer was. It was a fucking match.

I exhaled thanking her. She wraps her arms around me resulting in a tight hug, she was a sweet woman, I hope Mr. Slaw knows how lucky he is. I press her lips against mine savouring the familiar feeling that I had felt many times before. She smiles breaking it then told me to go. On my way to the office I thought of ways to tell the family.

As I pushed my office door I was greeted by two men. One was my captain and the other unknown. "Detective Hewitt this is your new partner for now Detective Sean Manner" he says introducing us. He was young and good looking, black hair, blue eyes and an athletic body. He was well dressed and neat. He stretch forth his left hand for me to shake. He looks around the same age as my son or maybe two years older.

"Nice meeting you" he says while shaking my hand. The age group doesn't matter to me right now I needed help and it came.
"Same here" I tell him letting his hand go. They were a bit course for a detective, who knows he might do a little maintenance here and there. "What did the results say?" Captain Zein asks. He's gotta be fucking kidding me. "It was a match' I admit.

"Figure out how you're going to tell the family" he says excusing himself. I blew down. "How about you go home and let me finish up here" Sean offer. "You sure my boy?" I ask. "Yeah, go" he reassures me. I pack my things and started driving home to have dinner with my family. Maybe we'll make an ok team.

(◍ᴗ◍)❤

So here comes a new partner....what do you think he'll be like?

What do you think about Detective Hewitt?

Stay tuned for the next chapter my lovelies xoxo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Watching By Sevinwrites

Mystery / Thriller

248 32 24
I was watching her, my sleeping beauty. Long blond hair with hazel eyes. She was perfect in every way. She made A's in all her classes and did everyt...
Mirror By Lenour

Teen Fiction

251 31 9
On the brink of self-destruction, Leila struggles to battle against herself with little to no time before she's devoured by her conniving mind. In an...
67.2K 1.2K 32
*ONGOING* [𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓] A Dark Scream Romance 🔪 ❤︎ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐈 Masked Lovers Series #1 I leaned in closer, my masked face inches fro...
405K 18.5K 136
"Why are you doing that!" she whisper-screams while her eyes flit to the other guys, who are now immersed in something else that isn't us. I kiss th...