Immortals (Rick Tyler)

By friendyspiderman

Dinah Lance and Rick Tyler were best friends, until her mother was killed in a gruesome battle against the In... More

Epigraph
Characters
Playlists
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Book 2 Is Out Now!!

Chapter Ten

221 10 0
By friendyspiderman

"Wait, so your mom knows about you being Stargirl and Pat's past now?" Dinah asked the next morning as she drove with Courtney to school, Courtney filling her in on what had happened the previous night.

"Yeah. She's not happy at all. She kicked Pat out."

"Dang." Dinah said letting out a long breath.

"Yeah. Oh and Henry approached me this morning."

"About what?"

"He told me he had a lot to tell me and he went to grab my shoulder and I saw all his memories. His mom was my dad's sister. Henry and I are cousins Di. He also said Jordan has my staff and his dad and that his dad can't remember anything after his mom died."

"Wow. That is...a lot." Dinah said.

"I want to officially recruit him for the team."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. He wants to save his dad. He believes his mom was starting to change his dad for the better and that's why Jordan killed her."

"I mean I'm all for him joining. He seems like a good guy. But everyone else is not going to be happy."

"Way to go Court. You've just given away our identities to the enemy." Rick said later that day at lunch.

"Henry's not the enemy." Courtney responded.

"Yes he is." Yolonda said.

"Look, if it helps, she didn't tell me anything. I read her mind." Henry said.

"Which he's not going to do anymore." Courtney added.

"That's only polite." Beth responded.

"Listen, my mom wants me and her to leave town today. Forever. But if we find the staff and are able to stop the ISA, maybe we can not only save the town but my mom and Pat also."

"And save his dad?" Rick asked, jerking a finger toward Henry. "If Brainwave gets his memories back, he'll kill you first, then us. He'll figure out our identities unless Junior here gives us up first."

"Rick." Dinah warned.

"I'm not telling anybody anything." Henry said lowly.

"We all know that we should find Brainwave and that when we do, we should break him in two while we can."

Henry looked at Rick. "You're not going to hurt my dad."

"Yeah? Try and stop me."

"Rick." Dinah said, grabbing his arm, only for him to shake out of her hold. "Rick!"

"How about you try right now?"

"Rick! Stop!" Dinah said once again.

"Sit down." Henry said.

"Stand up." Rick retorted.

Rick was suddenly thrown back by his lunch tray as Henry hit him with a telekinetic blast.

Everyone turned to look at the group.

"No worries. Ignore us like you usually do." Beth said.

"I told you to stay away, to not touch my friends. You know what I'll do to you." Yolonda said to Henry as she stood up.

"Hey! Save it for the bad guys." Courtney said.

"He is the bad guy!" Yolonda responded.

"No way I'm working with him." Rick said as he walked up.

"Okay everyone needs to take two steps back and chill out." Dinah warned as she intervened between Henry and her friends. "This is the only way to not only save everyone, but to make sure Courtney stays in Blue Valley."

"The only reason I'm agreeing to do this is because I know you'll do it anyway and you need someone to watch your back." Yolonda said to Courtney.

"Okay. Henry, I apologize about those two." Dinah said, jerking her finger back at Rick and Yolonda. Dinah turned to Yolonda. "You know that he didn't release that picture three months ago, so whatever vendetta you have against Henry, you need to drop it and direct that anger toward Cindy and the ISA." Dinah turned toward Rick. "And you are coming with me so we can get you cleaned up." She said as she grabbed Rick's arm and dragged him away.

"What was that?" Dinah asked as she came out of the bathroom with wet paper towels and pushed them into Rick's chest.

"How are you okay with this Di?" Rick asked.

"You really want to judge Henry and rule his as bad because of his dad? How would you have liked it if we had ruled you to be bad and not worthy of your dad's hourglass?"

Rick looked down as he continued to try and clean his hoodie.

"Hey." Dinah said as she put a hand over Rick's, stopping him from cleaning. "All I'm asking is you give him a fair chance to prove himself. If he ends up being like his dad, then you can tell us 'I told you so', but just let him prove himself, okay?"

Rick looked into Dinah's eyes. "Okay." He said quietly.

"Thank you." Dinah responded, as she finished helping him clean his hoodie.

Later that day, Dinah, Courtney, and Yolonda in their suits, along with Henry, made their way through the tunnels to find his dad, while Beth went after Rick.

"He's close. I can feel him." Henry said.

"Daddy!" They heard Cindy scream. "Daddy, daddy. They're here. Let me out. I wanna kill her."

"Oh shut up Cindy." Dinah said to her.

Suddenly, Cindy's dad appeared with his goons.

"Go." The Dragon King told his goons.

The four teens got into a fighting position and started fighting the goons.

Henry went over to his dad and tried to help him while the three girls continued fighting.

Courtney was met with Dragon King.

"Stargirl." He said.

"Snapdragon." She responded.

"Haha Snapdragon. Nice one." Dinah chuckled.

"It's Dragon King." He said, pulling out a sword.

Yolonda found Courtney's staff and tried to get it to work.

Dragon King lunged his sword at her, Yolonda throwing her the staff just in time to deflect it and knock him down.

Dinah, Yolonda, and Courtney stood there as Dragon King got back up, his hood down, revealing his reptilian skin. The girls let out a scream and Courtney shot a blast from the staff, knocking Dragon King down.

"Okay. I think it's time to go. We need to find the others." Dinah said.

They found Rick and Beth and they all started running back to the tunnel entrance. However, they got stuck by metal bars blocking their exit.

"I got this." Rick said as he started pulling the bars back to give them room to get through. "Go Beth." Rick said.

Beth slipped through and so did Yolonda.

"Come on Courtney and Dinah." Yolonda said when suddenly, the bars were put back in place, trapping Dinah, Rick, Courtney, and Henry.

"Settle down children." They heard Brainwave say telepathically. "You can't hide from me."

Courtney tried shooting a blast from her staff at Brainwave but he held it back. Meanwhile, Rick tried to get the bars apart again.

"How about an assist?" Henry asked as he used his telekinesis to pull them apart as well.

"Move it!" Henry said.

Rick went through and so did Dinah as Courtney kept shooting the blast from her staff at Brainwave. 

"Courtney, come on. Let's go!" Henry said.

"You first." She replied.

Henry used his telekinesis to pull Courtney through the metal bars. Brainwave put them back in place, separating Henry from them.

"Rick, pull them apart!" Dinah said pointing to the bars.

"I'm trying." He responded through gritted teeth.

Henry got knocked to the ground as the teens continued trying to break the bars. Yolonda tried her claws and Courtney tried shooting them.

"If I scream at the right decibel, I could break them." Dinah offered.

"Henry doesn't have the ear pieces remember?"

"We have to do something." Dinah said as they continued trying.

Henry shot his dad back with a blast. "Dad, listen to me. I know what these powers did to you. How they warped what you believed in. But people aren't monsters. I don't want to fight you. I love you. You're better than this. Mom knew you could be good. She believed in you. I know you loved her. And I know Jordan killed her because she saw the good in you too."

"Jordan didn't kill your mother. I did." Brainwave responded.

"Oh my god." Dinah said.

"You?" Henry asked.

"I had to make a choice. Don't make me choose again son. Stand by my side now. Or not at all."

"I will never stand by your side." Henry said as he used his telepathy to throw everything around him at his dad. However, his dad stopped it mid-air.

"Goodbye son." Brainwave responded as he threw it all back at Henry.

"Henry! No!" Courtney shouted.

Brainwave started loosening the ceiling and piping telepathically.

The teens started trying to break the bars more frantically.

"Henry!" Dinah shouted.

"Henry, get up!" Rick shouted.

Henry looked at Yolonda. "I am sorry." Then he looked at Courtney. "You're right. People are good. Don't let this change your mind." Then he looked at Dinah. "Thank you for giving me a chance."

Brainwave threw the ceiling down on Henry, burying him in a pile of rubble.

"No." Dinah choked out as Rick hugged her and she started to cry. Yolonda and Courtney looked at where Henry once was. The five teens hugged each other as they cried over a lost friend and ally.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 178 14
โ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ฉ ๐ข๐ง ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ฉ๐ญ๐ก, ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐›๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ. โž - angie weiland-cro...
2K 51 8
Adrien is going back home to Paris after being in England for 2 years he is planning to go back to working for his father at the police station on hi...
71.5K 1.8K 36
just some nat & scar oneshots gxg ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
15.7K 424 13
in which the princess of Atlantis meets a human boy on the surface