Stars Stripes and Metal

By Dani20sma11z

To reject one's soulmate is certain death. Everyone is born with one, many go their whole lives without findi... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Giving into Temptation
Crawling before Running
Confessions
Mind Games
Memories
Life and Death
Sokovia
New Beginnings
Goodbye Is Never Easy
Home
Watched
Wanted
Reunited
Fighting
Innocent
The Jade Soldier
Time Lost
Coffee and Kevlar
Civil War
A Place For Criminals
A Second Chance
Putting Down Roots
As Long As We Both Shall Live
A Love Lost, But Not Forgotten
Wake Up James
Orders
I'm Right Here
The Call
Children of Thanos
The Mind Stone
The Calm
I Didn't Get To Say Goodbye
Time Stands Still For No Man
Phoenix
Endgame
Everything Has Changed
A Final Goodbye
A New Beginning
One More Time
My Soulmate
What The Fuck?
Hostile Territory
Is Now A Good Time?
Therapy
Rediscovering You
An Old Friend
Hypothetical
Airplanes, Arguments and Allies
Breaking Point
Finding The Way Back
Playing God
Responsibilities
X-Gene
Feels Like Home
Remember Me
Unstable
You'll Die Too
Not His Woman, His Child
Lust and Trust
Rules
Rejection
Reconnect
Baby Blues
Back to Business
New Information
Kinks
Again
Distracted
Truth Time
P.E.G.A.S.U.S.
Back To Basics
Unbroken
Wife
Keeping Tabs
An Old Enemy
Target Practice
Vows
Level Up
Roadtrip
The Plan
Not The Plan
Making It Right
Mission Prep
A Bargin
Welcome Home Captain
The Rescue
An Eye For An Eye
Finding A Way Back
Epilogue

A Global Safety Net

524 11 3
By Dani20sma11z

Ana slides her hands down the front of her dress, feeling the soft burgundy velvet against her skin. Her body warming the fabric making her think of Steve hard in her hand. Her lips turning to a smirk before her teeth dig into the bottom lip. Remembering Steve's hands on her, his mouth on her. She considers forgoing the party and going to find him. Its been less then two hours since she had him and she wants him again, and again, and again.

Natasha walks into her room with Sam following close behind. Oh hey, don't you knock? Ana looks at her friends, slightly annoyed.

"You're dressed!" Nat laughs.

"You look amazing Ana", Sam wraps his arms around Ana's small frame and gently presses his lips to her temple. She smiles affectionally at him.

"You ready?" He asks, offering his arm.

"Yes. Wheres...?"

"Rogers? He's waiting for you, you're late of course... that's why we're up here." Sam laughs.

"Well it's his fault she's late, you heard them earlier." Nat reminds him.

"You heard us?" Ana's face flashes beat red as the blood fills her cheeks.

"The whole penthouse heard you Ana. I have to admit, I'm intrigued. Maybe I need to try him." Nat states with a carefree smile and a shrug.

"He's mine. Go find your own. Wait, you have Bruce. Go fuck him." Ana demands.

"They don't do that." Sam teases and Natasha rolls her eyes. As they reach the living room where the party is in full swing.

"Maybe tonight it should happen." Ana suggests, her eyes scanning the crowd. Her eyes fall on Steve as he turns to look at her.

Ana see hims take a visible sigh, she walks towards him slowly, leaving her friends behind. Her hips sway slightly as she places on heeled foot in front of the other, the material of her dress shifts as she moves. Steve stares at her, their eyes glued to each other. He shifts in his seat, watching her seduce him in a room full of people.

Her long black hair curls slightly as hangs around her shoulders, the burgundy velvet hugs her curves. Making him ache to touch her. The thin straps of her dress give way to a neckline that plunges down past her breasts, stopping under them. The dress it tight, very tight and stops mid thigh. The slit cuts up her left leg to her hip. And the gold zipper in the back starts in the middle of her lower back and stops at the bottom of the dress, like an invitation.

"You're staring Rogers." She teases him. Her eyes move down him, admiring how the dark blue shirt he's wearing brings out his eyes and pulls tightly across his shoulders.

"You're beautiful Ana." He reaches his hand out her, which she accepts and stands between his knees.

"You looks pretty damn great yourself baby." He smirks at her noticing her seductive tone.

"Can we get out of here?" His tone low, nearly begging.

"I just got here. And I didn't get all dressed up so you get me naked."

"No?" Steve asks with a smirk.

"Ok, that's a lie. But I'm the guest of honor, I can't disappear yet."

She runs her hands up his arms, wrapping her hands around his neck. His hands find her hips and he pulls her closer to him. He lifts his chin and she lowers her mouth to his. Kissing him softly, his lips give way to her tongue as she melts into him. She moans softly while she turns into a puddle under his hands, forgetting the room full of people.

"I see you found yourself a woman Rogers." An older man walks over to them. Clapping a hand on Steve's shoulder, forcing him to break away from Ana.

"Jacob." He acknowledges the man, and extends a hand. They greet each other. Ana watches Steve laugh at something the man said before turning towards Ana.

"Ana this Jacob, we met a while ago at the VA. He fought in WWII as well. Jacob, this is my..." he hesitates realizing he and Ana haven't discussed what they are to each other. "Ana. This is Ana."

She smiles warmly at Steve before turning her attention to the older gentlemen in front of her. "Hello, it's nice to meet you", she speaks sweetly.

"It's a pleasure Ana. Mind if I steal Rogers for a bit?"

"Not at all." She turns to Steve, laying her hand on his cheek. "Come find me later Captain." She winks and gives him a quick kiss, nipping his bottom lip before turning and walking away from him. Her hips swaying to the music as she searches for Sam. He groans watching her.

Throughout the rest of the party, Ana and Steve struggle to find a chance to be alone. But they make sure to keep each other in eye sight, stealing glances and brief smiles. Her heart thuds hard when she catches him watching her more than once. And when Thor asked her to dance, Ana kept her eyes on Steve the whole time. Steve tried to keep his jealousy at bay, and was thankful when Sam came over to talk him down.

"She isn't interested in him you know."

"Yeah I know, doesn't mean I like watching her with someone else."

"So get off your ass and go get her", Sam insists. Steve hesitates, watching Thor moves his hands too low on Ana's back.

"Yeah." Steve stands and walks over to Ana, her eyes on him. Watching the tension building in his shoulders slowly subside with every step closer to her. Ana shivers slightly.

"Can I cut in?" Steve asks Thor.

"We aren't finished yet." Thor growls, suddenly possessive of Ana.

"I need a drink anyway." Ana looks up as she pulls away from him, he gives her a sad look and nods before removing his hands from her ass. Steve exhales, glad to have another man's hands off his girl.

"Thanks for the dance Thor." She flashes him a smile and turns away, slipping her hand into Steve's. "I'm sorry about him." Ana looks to Steve.

"It's alright, I know he has a thing for you."

Ana sighs and shrugs. "I only have eyes for you baby."

Steve looks around quickly and pulls her out of the living room down into the deserted hallway.

"I have a thing for you too." He presses against her, Ana feels him hardening against her thigh. She reaches her hand down to him instinctively. Her fingers outlining his erection.

"Wanna go do something about that Cap?"

"Mmmhmm", he groans into her neck.

"How quick can you be?" She asks him.

"Lift up that dress and we can find out." He urges, he doesn't sound like himself. His sweet innocent demeanor altered by his need for her sex. He's had a taste and now he wants to feast.

"Not here", she begs.

He shakes his head, disagreeing. "Here."

 His mouth devours her throat, his fingers slide the strap of her dress off her shoulder. His hand cupping her breast when it's free of the material. She moans feelings his hand on her, his skin burning against her. She stiffens at his touch, and he smiles feeling her body respond to him.

"Steven", she breaths. "We cant... not here."

Tony turns the corner and abruptly stops, seeing Steve and a nearly topless Ana. He clears his throat making his presence known.

"Cap. Ana." He tries to hide the grin, glad to see they finally got together.

Ana opens her eyes and jumps seeing Tony watching them. "Baby, stop."

Steve growls.

"We aren't alone anymore."

"Good, let him watch." Tony lifts his eyebrows and laughs at how curt Steve is. Ana is less then amused.

"Steven Grant", she warns.

He pulls away from her throat, but keeps his hands at her breast. Making sure she's somewhat covered.

"What is it Stark?" Steve asked annoyed at having stop, all he wants to do is taste Ana, every inch of skin. And now he has to stop.

"First of all, you're about to fuck her in the hallway. You should find a more private place unless you're serious about people watching. Second, people are looking for her. People like the secretary of defense. I doubt you want him to see your girlfriends tit in your hand. So cover her up and get her back out there." Tony orders.

Hours later, the party has died down. All that remains are the Avengers, all sitting together around the large wood coffee table. Ana sits across from Steve, he aches to be close to her. But Sam sat down next to her. Grabbing her legs and spinning her towards him, he slips her heels off her feet and rubs them. Ana's head falls back as her eyes close and she groans. Steve shifts in his seat watching Ana relaxing.

"They're just friends, best friends but only friends." Clint leans over to Steve.

"I know."

"Let's play a game!" Natasha shouts. Ana laughs and opens her eyes. "Yeah!!"

"Truth or dare?" Sam offers.

"What are we 12?" Ana jokes.

"Pussy, you go first then." Sam taunts.

"Dare, of course. And don't make me kiss Steven, that isn't a dare, not anymore."

"Fine", he looks around the room. "Then kiss Nat."

Ana blinks slowly while tilting her head and shrugging. She looks to Steve. "You ok with that?"

He nods slowly. Unsure what he's about see or feel watching his girl kiss another person let alone a woman.

Ana stands and walks over to Natasha. "Hey", she smirks and nods at Natasha.

"Hey gorgeous." Natasha smiles back, laughing. "Let's give them a show."

 Natasha stands and wraps her arm around Ana's waist. Ana's hands move to Natasha's face, they both smile at each other. Slowly leaning into one another, stopping just as they can feel each other's breathe on their lips. They both laugh out loud when they pull away and see the faces of the men around them.

"You guys are a bunch of pigs", Ana scolds them watching their faces go from turned on to disappointed. She walks over to Steve and stands between his knees. 

"And you, encouraging I make out with someone else. You're so bad." He chuckles and looks away from her. Giving her the famous Captain America smile.

"You forfeit Ana. Finish your drink." Sam orders.

"I can't get drunk genius." She reminds him.

"Then finish Thor's drink. That'll knock you one your super soldier ass."

Ana glares at him before flipping him off and moving to Thor.

"Hey handsome, can I have that?" She holds her hand out for his glass. He smirks as he nods and holds it out for her. Everyone watches Ana take a deep breath, she knows she's going to feel this. Whatever godly alcohol he has in there is going to kick her butt. She brings the glass to her lips and downs the pale amber liquid, relaxing her gag relax so the drink runs down her throat without having to force herself to swallow.

She sways as she lowers the glass, the drink hitting her immediately. "Alright baby, come sit." Steve stands and leads her back to the couch. He sits first, and pulls her onto his lap.

"I'm fine." She forces out.

"I can see that." Steve jokes.

"Alright", Ana looks around. "Stark, truth or dare."

"Dare darling", he challenges her.

"Lift Thor's hammer." She orders.

"No problem, it's all about physics."

 Thor chuckles under his breath as Tony stands and wraps his hand around Mjölnir's handle. He struggles, and the hammer refuses to budge. Tony makes a frustrated face trying to lift the hammer from a different angle. Still nothing.

"Oh come on, you aren't even trying!" Clint teases.

"Then you get over here and do it!" Tony demands. Everyone laughs.

"Drink up Tony." He rolls his eyes and lifts his drink.

"Ha, you're unworthy." Thor taunts.

A siren blares throughout the house. Making everyone cover their ears. Ana jumps and stands hearing the siren, Steve stands behind her, everyone looks around trying to figure out the reason for the alarm.

"What the...?" Ana spots one of Tony's Iron Legion robots stumbling uneasily into the living room. Groaning as it walks. Everyone turns to where she points. Steve instinctively moves in front of Ana. Protecting her.

"How can you be worthy? You're all killers. Especially you, Anastasia Montgomery." The robot taunts her, Steve reaches behind himself, seeking her. She grabs his hand letting him know she's there.

"Stark?" Steve questions.

"Jarvis?" Tony speaks loudly enough to try to get Jarvis' attention but quiet enough not to draw too much attention to himself.

The robot stumbles forward a few steps. "I was asleep, I had a terrible dream, that I was tangled in... strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve asks angrily.

"Wasn't my first choice, but things down here aren't that simple."

"Who sent you?" Thor demands.

The robot plays a recording of Tony's voice, "I see a suite of armor around the planet. A global safety net. So things like New York, don't happen again." Everyone's head turns toward Tony?

"Ultron?" Bruce questions in disbelief.

"In the flesh! No! Not yet, but I will be." The robot named Ultron looks down at his partially disassembled body and stumbles.

Natasha pulls a gun from her thigh hostlier, Thor tightens his grip on Mjölnir while Ana spins her hands together creating a ball of fire between.

"I'm on a mission." Ultron declares.

"What mission?" Natasha asks cautiously.

"Peace in our time."

He holds up his arms as multiple robots blast through the wall behind him. Everyone dives out of the way or ducks down. Steve kicks up the coffee table in front of him, shielding Ana and himself from the robot flying directly at them. The force of the robot hitting the table sends Steve flying backwards over the couch behind him. Ana ducks as Steve flies over her, crawling to him when he lands.

"Are you ok?" She asks him, quickly looking over his body for injuries.

"I'm find baby, do me a favor and stay down."

Ana gives him a look, "I'm not playing dead during a fight because you're worried I'll get hurt. I'm an Avenger, not just your girlfriend."

"Now you're definitely not fighting."

"What?" She stands and lights her hands on fire. Flames lick her fingers as she glares at him. "Steven Grant! You can not order me to stand down."

"Jump Ana!" Sam yells as he soars down towards her.

"Baby, a boost?" Steve stumbles to his feet, glaring at at Ana. She takes a large step and lifts her foot, planting it on Steve's thigh, climbing up his chest and pushing her body off of his. Steve wraps his hands around her waist and tosses her into the air. Sam grabs her under the arms. "Get her out of here Sam."

"Don't you dare!" She looks up at him.

"Don't worry, I'm not. I'm getting you to higher ground."

Sam drops Ana onto the upper level of the living room. He immediately continues flying around the room, trying to take out any robot that comes near him.

Ana looks around quickly, trying to determine how many hostiles there still are. Steve is fighting with one, furiously stabbing it in the back with a poker. He dangles 20 feet in the air as the robot takes flight. Tony clings to another robot's back, also lifting him in the air, as he pulls the wiring out of its neck trying to disable it. Nat shoots her pistol over and over to no avail, the bullets do nothing against the robots metal armor. Thor fights with another, swinging his hammer, which collides with the robots head, crushing it. One down three to go.

Ana watches helplessly as the robot carrying Steve propels backward, slamming him hard into the brick wall behind him. He tumbles to the floor, groaning painfully as he gets up. Ana lifts her right hand as her eyes turn black. The robot that threw Steve flies into the air again, this time under Ana's control. Steve smiles proudly from the ground watching Ana manipulate the metal robot. She narrows her eyes and brings her fingers into a fist. The robot crumbles in on itself, turning into a pile of twisted metal and wires.

She spots Steve's shield leaning up against the wall in the corner. She concentrates hard, blood drips from her nose as she uses her left hand twisting her palm to the sky and directing his shield toward him. Pain erupts from the back of Ana's head as she forces her mind to control the new metal. Vibranium isn't something she's been able to control before.

"Steven! Catch!" She yells and flings his shield at him. He jumps and catches it, spinning in the air and launching it at the robot attacking Natasha and Bruce. The robot shatters.

Sam sees Ana falter, using too much energy to control the vibranium. He flies to her, catching her as she falls off the ledge he placed her on.

Steve looks up when he sees Sam moving fast to catch her.

"God what happened?" Steve rushes over to Ana, when Sam lands and lays Ana on a couch. Steve forgets momentarily about Ultron when he sees the blood from her nose, and understands immediately. His shield.

"Damn it Ana!" He yells and uses his thumb to whip the blood away. "Wake up sweetheart!" He demands cradling her head. Ana's eyes flutter open, and she brings a hand to her head. Wincing in pain.

"I'm ok." She groans, and lies when she sees the concern on Steve's face. She feels like she could sleep for a month.

She moves to stand, and sees Ultron still standing by the door. Her eyes flash black again. Everyone turns around.

"Well that was dramatic. I know you mean well, but you don't think things through. Like Anastasia, you could have died forcing your powers like that, all for the wrong man. Foolish child."

Ana looks up to Steve, confused by what Ultron is saying.

The wrong man? Then who is the right one if it isn't him?

"You people want to protect the world but don't want it to change. How can humanity be saved if it isn't allowed to evolve?" Everyone exchanges unsure glances, Ana stands and slips her hand into Steve's. She doesn't care what a hunk of metal says about her relationship.

"There is only one path to peace. The Avenger's Extinction." He declares. "Starting with Anastasia."

Steve grips her hand hard. Thor throws Mjölnir and Ultron smashes into a million pieces. The lights go out as Ultron leaves the metal remains of the robot he inhabited.

================================================================================

An hour later everyone gathers in the lab for briefing. Natasha went through all the data the Avengers had collected on every mission in the last 5 years. Everything is gone.

"He wiped our entire system, all the data, all the security, all our files. He's been through everything. He probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Steve and Ana exchange an unsure look.

The last hour had been difficult for them. Ana keeps hearing Ultron in her head, the wrong man. How can he possibly know that? Steve is angry with Ana for putting herself at risk when he told her to stand down. She sits alone in the corner, picking glass out of the bottom of her bare feet.

Sam walks over and sits next to her, taking the tweezers from her hand and lifting her foot. She smiles sadly at him as he delicately removes the shards. Steve looks over, guilt and jealousy wash over him. He should be taking care of her. Instead he's nursing his own pride.

Sam looks up from his work on Ana's foot, "if he's in the files and the internet, couldn't he access things that are a little more exciting."

"Like nuclear codes." Ana realizes what he's talking about.

"Like nuclear codes", Sam repeats. "We need to make some calls, assuming we still can."

"He said he wants us dead." Natasha reminds the team.

"He didn't say dead, he said extinct. And he's specifically targeting Ana. Why?" Steve doesn't look at Ana when he says it.

"And he said he killed someone." Clint adds.

"Who though? It was just us, no one else was in the building." Ana asks.

"Yes there was." Tony corrects her. He walks to the middle of the room, flicking his tablet into the air. A projected imagine of what Jarvis looks like if he had a form appears before them. Except it's completely destroyed.

"This is insane", Bruce pinches the bridge of his nose. "He could have just disabled Jarvis, or assimilated to him. This is rage."

"Jarvis was the first line of defense."

"What did you do Tony?" Ana asks quietly.

"Nothing. We weren't even close to interfacing yet, right." Tony looks to Bruce.

"I told you this was a bad idea", Bruce argues, "I didn't agree to make a murder robot."

"What were you trying to do then?" Clint asks, walking over Ana. He sees the blood pooling at her feet while Sam continues to dig the glass out. Clint hands Ana a towel. Steve looks over again, his hands on his hips. Everyone else seems capable of taking care of his girl except him.

"We were talking about creating a global defense system, to prevent things like what happened in New York 3 years ago. In case you need a reminder, I flew a nuke into space through a worm hole. Where a hostile alien army was descending upon the city. That hole is 300 feet above your pretty little heads."

"Well your defense system wants to take us out. He sees us as the threat. He sees Ana as the threat Tony." Steve's anger starts to show.

Thor suddenly burst into the room, charging for Tony. He grabs Tony around the throat and lifts him off of his feet.

"Use your words big guy." Tony urges Thor. Ana quickly stands, leaving bloody foot prints as she runs to Thor, her fingers tighten around his arm. He looks down at her, his eyes soften meeting Ana's pleading gaze.

"That won't help."

Thor drops Tony and looks down at Ana's bleeding feet. He scoops her up and carries her back over to Sam.

"Thanks big guy", Ana smiles.

Steve tries to ignore the jealousy bubbling inside his chest. He isn't used to feeling like this. Three men have come to Ana's aid in the last 5 minutes and all he's done is stand there starring. Nat has been quietly observing the interactions between Ana and Steve. She shakes her head, disapprovingly.

"Thor what did you see from the sky?" Steve asks, trying to take his mind off Ana for a minute.

"The trail went cold about 100 miles north, and he has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it. Again."

"Ultron is calling us out, I want to find him before he ready for us." Steve orders.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 362 24
I'm Y/n Rogers, Steve's little sister. Our parents took me in at a young age and I grew up with him. Even if we weren't blood, Steve and I were extre...
1.5M 35.8K 62
BOOK ONE OF THE SOULMATE SERIES Everyone has a soulmate, and soul sign. Some people had their soulmates first words to them etched on their skin, so...
107K 4.9K 25
SHIELD has used the knowledge that you are the soulmate of the Winter Soldier to their advantage for years. Then the Winter Soldier is no more and Bu...
259K 6.1K 57
Your whole life you had been picked on, along with your twin brother Steve. You both were born very small and had multiple health problems. But the b...