KorrAsami: An Athletes End

By Jayde257

Korra has to find a way to deal with a heartbreaking injury that affects her physically and mentally. More

Chapter 1: The Injury
Chapter 2: Asami
Chapter 3: Surgery
Chapter 4: Reality
Chapter 5: Depression
Chapter 6: Falling Deeper
Chapter 7: Coming out
Chapter 9: Confronting the Demons
Chapter 10: Missing Piece
Chapter 11: Trouble In Paradise
Chapter 12: Ups and Downs
Chapter 13: Unaccepting
Chapter 14: Finals
Chapter 15: Big Changes

Chapter 8: Physical Therapy

383 14 3
By Jayde257

Asami celebrated every day she had with her girlfriend. Her life was amazing now and it was because of Korra.

Asami had been taking Korra to her physical therapy appointments for the past week. Korra's mom constantly thanked her and tried to pay for gas but Asami never took the money, she just enjoyed spending time with her beautiful girlfriend.

Asami decided to skip her morning classes so she could take Korra to her appointment today. She knew that she wasn't going to miss much plus Korra definitely meant much more to her than school ever did.

Today, Korra was hoping that she would be able to walk without any help from crutches or another person. She was extremely excited that Asami would be there to watch her walk for the first time.

They arrived at the hospital for Korra's physical therapy. Korra squeezed Asami's hand, "Thank you so much for being with me."

"Of course, I know that this is huge for you and I wouldn't miss it for the world." Asami kissed Korra before they went in.

The lady at the front desk asked for Korra's name and appointment details. Korra gave the woman all of her information. "She will call you back when she's ready." The women gave Korra a quick smile then resumed filling out paperwork.

The walls of the small waiting room were always so bland to Korra. There were paintings here and there but the tan colored walls made everything in the room look dull.

Asami nudged Korra's arm, "You ready?"

Korra looked over at her girlfriend and let out a smile that Asami loved, "I am, I'm so ready to get my life back."

The raven haired girl looked deep into the blue eyes, "I'm so proud of you Korra. You have made it so far and you didn't give up. I'm so happy for you." Asami hugged the tan girl.

"Thank you for sticking with me." Korra Laughed.

"Like I said before, I'll always be here for you." Asami said. After a few minutes of conversation an older woman opened the door and called Korra's name. Asami thought that this old woman was a nurse or something but to her surprise it was the physical therapist. This was the first time she was actually going to be with Korra during one of these sessions.

"Katara, how have you been doing?" Korra asked.

"I've been good. I see you have a guest with you today." Katara said.

Korra turned to Asami, "This is my girlfriend, Asami. Asami, this is my therapist, Katara. Sorry I forgot to introduce you."

Asami held out her and shook Katara's, "It's so nice to meet you."

"You as well my dear." Katara gave Asami a warm smile.

Asami followed Katara and Korra to an exam room that had a little bed in the middle and other fitness equipment scattered throughout the room.

"I think I'm ready to walk today." Korra said.

"Really, last time you were afraid to even stand without help. I know you want to get back to normal but I don't want to rush anything."

Asami was sitting in the corner of the room so she would be out of the way. She was surprised that Korra would be scared to do anything.

"I know but I'm ready this time." Korra set her crutches down on the side of the bed.

"Let's just start with a warm up and see how you feel." Katara began removing the knee brace. "How is your range of motion?"

"I've been working on it and I think I can get to 90 degrees."

"Okay, let's see." Katara opened a drawer to pull out a measuring device. She held the device to the side of Korra's knee. Korra slowly started bending her knee, this was the first time Asami had ever seen her bend her knee since the injury.

The measurement was at exactly 90 degrees, "Good job. I see you have been working on it."

"I try to do a little movement every night before bed." Korra said.

"I'll have you do some leg lifts before we have you stand up."

"Ok." Korra lifted her leg up then down five times before Katara stopped her.

"The leg lifts will help rebuild the muscles in your quads. It will make it easier for you to walk when your muscles are strong." The old woman explained.

Katara did a couple more stretches and workouts before she gave Korra the okay to stand on her own. "Asami, can you stand up? Korra, I want you to walk to Asami." Asami stood up and waited

Korra swung her legs off of the bed and she looked at Asami with a grin then stood up without assistance. Korra closed her eyes and took her first step.

Asami felt so much joy for her girlfriend. Korra continued to walk towards her with a slight limp. After a few more steps she wrapped her arms around Asami, with tears in her eyes she whispered, "Thank you so much." Asami returned the embrace, "Anytime."

"Now Korra, I want you to walk back to the bed." Korra nodded her head and did as she was told. The tan girl still had a little limp but she was overjoyed and was ready to start training again.

Asami couldn't keep a smile off her face when she saw Korra walk back to the bed. This was everything Korra had wanted and Asami was there to share that moment.

"How does your knee feel?" Katara asked.

"It just feels a little stiff." Korra said as she continued to bend her knee.

"So there's no pain or aches?"

Korra shook her head."No, it feels amazing."

"Good, I think when you come back for your next appointment we will work on strengthening that leg. For now I want you to continue to use the brace but you can ditch the crutches."

"Wait, I can stop using the crutches." Katara nodded her head in reply.

Korra looked at Asami and gave her a huge smile, "I can't thank you enough for being here."

"I'll always be here for you." Asami said.

Korra turned her attention to Katara, "And thank you for getting me back on my feet."

Katara nodded her head again, "I'll get your next appointment set up. You may go."

Korra put her knee brace back on and handed her crutches to Asami, "Can you carry these for me?"

"Of course." She took them.

Korra walked out of the therapist's office and all the way to Asami's car. She sat down in the passenger seat with a sigh of relief. Asami put the crutches in the back seat. She sat in the driver seat grabbed Korra's hands, "I'm so proud of you. You overcame the odds and look at you now. I love you, Korra."

Korra didn't have time to comprehend what Asami just said before she was pulled in for a kiss. Asami had her hands on both sides of Korra's face. Korra could feel her whole body heat up. She pulled away just enough to look into her lover's eyes, "I love you too, Asami."

"I guess we should get back to school." Asami said as turned the car on. She continued to hold Korra's hand even as she backed out of the parking lot.

Korra squeezed the soft pale hand. She said she loves me. Korra just realized that Asami really said that, she let out a lopsided smile. Everything was perfect, she got to spend the day with her lover and she walked for the first time in over a couple months. "I guess we should go back to school." Korra said. This day couldn't be better.

At school people were congratulating Korra for walking. She still took her time to get to the next class and Asami didn't stop carrying her books. All the people congratulating her never batted an eye when she couldn't walk. That was something Korra would never forget. She finally accepted that they were all fake and all they wanted from her was popularity. The only person who didn't use her was Asami.

"I'll come get your stuff after class ends. See you then." Asami said as she set Korra's books on her desk and left.

Asami went to use the bathroom before the start of her next class. She finished up and started washing her hands when Kuvira slammed the bathroom door. "Hey little miss perfect. I see that you and Korra have gotten close."

"What do you want, Kuvira?" Asami put a little distance between them.

"All I want is for you to stay away from Korra." Kuvira said as she inched closer to Asami.

"What, why?"

"Just stay away from her!" Kuvira yelled.

"Ah, I get it. You're jealous that I'm more of a friend to her than you ever were."

Kuvira was face to face with Asami, "Ever since you came into the picture she hasn't said anything to me."

"And you're surprised about that." Asami laughed. "Tell me what you did for her when she was struggling. That's right you didn't do anything, I was always there for her. So, maybe you should stay away." Asami pushed her way past Kuvira.

"So is that why she's cutting?"

Asami was stopped dead in her tracks, "What do you mean?"

"I guess you don't care as much as you think you do. You didn't see the signs, she constantly wears long sleeves and she favors her left arm."

"You're lying."

"Okay Asami keep telling yourself that. You better get to class before you're late."

Asami quickly left the bathroom and walked as fast as she could to her next class. She got there just before the bell rang. The raven haired girl sat on her seat, Did I really miss the signs? There's no way. I always made sure to check on her.

Asami pulled out her phone and started texting Korra.

Asami: You want to hang out tonight?

Korra💙: I actually have to go home tonight. My parents are excited to see me without my crutches. But tomorrow I'll be free. Love you ❤️

Asami: So everything is okay

Korra💙: Of course.

Asami: Okay I'll see you tomorrow then. Love you too ❤️

Asami's worries were relieved a little. Asami did her best to focus in class but Korra was constantly in the back of her mind. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if Korra did something to herself and Asami missed the signs. I'll talk to her tomorrow then.

Korra walked out to her mom's car as it pulled into the school parking lot, her mother's face was beaming with relief and joy. Korra opened the car door, "You're walking." Senna's voice cracked. "I'm so proud of you." Tears of joy creeped from her eyes.

"Thanks mom. I couldn't have done it without you and dad. I guess Kourtney too." Korra said.

"He's so excited to see you. I know your sister hasn't done much for you but she was worried, college has taken a lot out of her." Senna pulled out of the parking lot.

"I know I'm just happy that I have you guys in my life." Korra smiled at her mom.

"We're happy to have you in our life. We love you so much sweetie."

"I love you too mom." Korra said.

"So, how are you and Asami doing?" Senna asked.

"We've been amazing. I'm so happy with her. She cares so much about me and I haven't had a person do that for me before, other than you guys."

"I'm happy you two are happy." Senna stopped for a second before continuing. "I really like that girl, you made the right choice."

"Thanks, I know I made the right choice." Korra hesitated before she said, "I think I'm really in love with her."

"Really?" Senna asked.

"Asami is the most amazing person I've ever been around. It's like my heart aches for her when I'm not around her."

"Oh, so it's serious serious." Senna said.

"I think it is, I just hope that she feels the same way."

A/N: Thank you for all the support. Any suggestions let me know. I hope you enjoyed :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
311K 10.2K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
130K 4.8K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...