Summertime Sadness // Larry

By BlindBirdy

Next Door Neighbours AU // Short Story Aesthetic: Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Ray A short story of when... More

Trailer
0
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10

6

280 17 22
By BlindBirdy

...

The party had already started and everything was in their place when Louis and Harry walked towards the beach tent bars.

The place had been decorated with white and beige as main theme colours. There was a circular bar in the middle of the tent, from where fairy lights branched out from its top to meet other colons near the tables, making it look like a circus roof. There was a huge number of people dancing and drinking already, they probably had arrived here before the sunset because they looked pretty tipsy by now.

Harry inhaled the thin warm air of the beach and the sand, closing his eyes slightly at the satisfaction when his lungs filled with the peace and simplicity of the summer night.

"Perfect"-Louis watched as Harry entered his little world, how his eyelashes fell over his soft rosy cheeks, shading over them, as the lights of a million little fairy lights illuminated his golden skin. Making his heart bloom, something that had stopped happening long time ago.

Harry opened his eyes to meet a blue pair of lost soft eyes detailing his face, Louis smiled as Harry gazed at him.-"Its so perfect."-Louis repeated, probably not meaning the party or any of the strange people in it.

"Blair and Brad did a great job this year. Last year was a mess, the theme was all black and the place looked like a meeting of some strange cult."-Harry said as he focused on the slow music playing from the huge speakers...It was old lovers music, something people used to dance at bars sometime between the first and second World War. Lost music, faded, but refound and covered by famous artists to bring something new and improved.

They walked to the main tent bar, a girl in a nice red spanish dress, matched with a red flower around her bun was serving there, she also had her friend who was wearing a same color suit. He smiled at them and took their first on the house drinks, coctails with a bit of alcohol as starters.

Once with the coctails on their hands, Harry guided Louis to go to their assigned table.-"So far it seems good."-Louis confirmed as he watched a couple play with hula hoops like kids, and another group having a tugging war with a rope by the shore.

"Wait till they all get tipsy, old songs will be replaced by some some hard rock and Metallica ones. And people start playing brutal games and pranks on everyone. Enjoy while you can!"-Harry said taking a sip of his coctail.

Louis turned his head on his side to face Harry.-"I will."-It might have sounded creepy but it also sounded something different, a good kind of different, like a promise to himself.

Blair and his brother walked over to their table, Brad was smiling widely, they where greeting people with drinks on their hands.-"Hello there Louis! Can't believe you made it!"

"Yeah! Harry here, kinda dragged me alongside with him. Had no other choice but to say yes!"-Louis said shaking his hand.

Harry greeted them with hugs, than went back to his cocktail, watching lost on the drops of alcohol, so far the night was good on uneventful and he wished it stayed like that.

He felt scared of what he saw, the red drops on a trail playing repeatedly on his mind. Even now though, Louis presence felt comfortable now for some reason. Even with all the doubts inside him where crashing his heart. He just wanted this night to end well, maybe get closer to Louis, prove himself that this was all for something, that believing Louis was good, was worth it. Harry knew a good heart when he saw one, but this one was clouded with a feeling he could not pinpoint what held! a feeling of emptiness filled with everything but nothing. Harry was confused and scared, that was all.

Than Louis unbothered in anyway looked at the other brother. Blair stood sceptical. Louis stretched his hand to greet him.-"Louis Tomlinson, Moved in to 13th May street this month."

Harry watched their reactions, Louis did not look comfortable while shaking Blairs hand and so didn't Blair.-"Welcome Blair Watson. Organiser of this towns best events. Alongside my brother."

"Harry, did I tell you Louis said you where so far the most friendly clumsy awkward person on this town?"-Brad said changing the tense atmosphere. He nudged Louis playfully earning a friendly glare.

"He said what?"-Harry said laughing.

"He came to my utility story a week ago asking for painting tools and renovation kits, and we had a few talks about how his time here was going..."-Brad started but Louis coughed.

"Brad!"-Louis warned with a smirk.

"Alright alright! I wont bother you love birds any longer with my dull how I meet you mom, stories. By the way how did the paint turn out to be?"-Brad asked resting his elbows on the long stand-up table.

Harry felt that this conversation was going somewhere so he sipped his coctail softly and opened his ears to listen better.

"The final product seems well, but you see the first time I coated it, I forgot the door of the renovating room slightly open and Mellow rushed inside making mess around the room, spilling paint all over the floors, and making his fur like a rainbow cloud. Had to give him a full rubbing bath at 4 in the morning, before drying his fur and taking him for a walk. But the room is fine, the red paint goes with the original brick walls opposite to it, making them bolder. It was great I didn't cover them like a college of mine said."-Louis explained and Brad laughed as Louis explained his misfortunes.

Oh Louis was renovating. How could he have forgotten about this entirely. Wait what? PAINT? MELLOW? Oh he messed up!

"But Mellow was so nice the last time you came to the shop, the little minx, guess he learned."-Brad said laughing.

"Mellow, must be your dog I'm assuming?"-Blair asked.

Louis nodded.-"The best doggo."

Harry was processing the data again...so the red stain on Mellows paw wasn't blood? Or the trail of red liquid...he felt so stupid. For believing Sara and Blair's rumors, Louis was no killer...there was much more behind this. More sentiment, more feeling...More! More layers! His detective side was peaking now and he wanted to go to the bottom of this. This could make a good story for his next book and free inspiration is never too much...

"Again Louis and Harry, thanks for coming, means a lot."-Brad said smiling.

Brad sighted.-"I have an eye on you Tomlinson."-Blair said before leaving with his brother.

Harry felt bad, Blair was being judgmental because of the rumors, unlike Brad. But still he had a point on his mind.

Louis sighted.-"Not the first time someone here says that...what is their problem."

"They...They probably think stuff about you...like rumours...about your life-..."-Harry said softly.

Louis looked down, he knew.-"What about you...Do you..."

It was Harry's time to look away. He didn't answer for a while. than after a while of fightin his inner self he decided.-"I thought about them, I might have acted on them a few times, I'm a writer...I read stuff, scary stuff all the time...But to believe them...I choose not too..."

Louis smiled a bit, maybe out of relief, maybe like a simple gesture of showing genuine understanding.-"Will you dance with me?"

"With 'Dream a little dream of me' by Doris Day palying right now?"-Harry said more freely as he gave his hand softly to Louis.-"Really, this song?!"

"I don't care...It's just background noise..."-Louis said and placed his hand on Harry's back.-"Sometimes when you only focus on one thing, the things that surround you and that one thing become one single unimportant mass..."-Than Harry placed his on his shoulder and his left hand.-"...become nothing but backsounds, unnoticed by our subconsciousness...our feeling, minds and logic, only focusing on that particular thing."

"I see you Harry, in my focus. Peculiar lad with a shining perfect smile, perfect dimples and crinkled eyes. Green emeralds that steal my attention. And when admiring those, what else would or could even matter? You're all I see Harry."-Louis said as their dance started. Slow as waves over each other, colliding and dividing with each move, each step, each look.

"What more do you see?"-Harry smiled shyly, he was probably blushing like a madman as Louis said those sweet things about focus on his ear. Their bodies dancing on a simple rythm, hands cupping, and softly standing on top of each others sides.

Louis smiled, Harry was taller than him, but still he could not take the lead.-"You are something Harry, something I can't figure out. You are not easy to read. Sadness written in yellow is not easy to read. What does that saint beaten barrier hold back?"

"Talking about reading words to a writer? I can read your eyes Louis, the sad, the pain, the mystery...it attracts my attention...what more do they trap behind them?"-Harry asked boldly, tired of the word games. He wanted Louis as he was, with his bad and good, he knew there was no turning back now, his best of feelings where far gone for the boy. He wanted to know, needed Louis to trust him, to see him in the light of something more than a lousy neighbor or a simple friend.

Louis smiled, reading all those words from his voice and expressions.-"So much for only one heart to hold! What worse than guilt can one soul bare?"

"Than let me help you carry half of your weight Louis...I can help, just tell me the truth."-Harry said softly, his forehead bowed down a bit, almost touching Louis. Searching for a string to hang.-"Let me."

"I don't know you, you don't know me...we are equal!"-Louis said looking into the moonshined green eyes of the handsome confused boy dancing with him, he swayed Harry and as the song came to an end, he held Harry on the final position, under his body, holding him with both his hands, resting his back on his leg, holding him up. Like old movie-stars at the end of a staged dance. Harry loved dancing even though he never got to do that before with a person he liked.

"Let me know you...I can ease your weight over your shoulders...I don't want to feel like this anymore, like fear...I want you as you."-Harry barely whispered.

"An fair exchange? My story for yours?"-Louis said smiling resting his forehead on Harry's. Maybe this was meant to be after all...maybe the pretty boy, could be his...Louis thought.

Harry laughed, this was really happening.-"Deal!"

"Deal"

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 278 39
From the renowned Filipino reformist and national hero Dr. Jose Rizal comes a classic piece of literature portraying the grim reality of the backward...
144K 5.7K 51
အချစ်ဦးတွေအချစ်ဆုံးတွေဆိုတာထပ် ကိုယ်ကမင်းကိုနောက်ဆုံးအချစ်နဲ့ချစ်တာ မင်းအပြင်အခြားတစ်ယောက်ဆိုတာ ဘယ်တော့မှရှိလာနိုင်တော့မှာမဟုတ်ဘူး။ #ဦးခိုက်ဝဋာ
3.3K 64 13
Making the guys fall in love with you and making the girls jealous of you.
46.3K 779 20
Just some poems I wrote for him, but I know he will never ever read these.