Survivor

By Ruqhaven

"When you learn to survive without anyone, you can survive anything." Giovanna Parker, or should I say Accard... More

Author's note
Characters
Prologue
1 > "That's the first compliment I've received today." ~Giovanna
2 > "There is no way, over my dead body." ~Giovanna
3 > "Have you seen my eyelashes?" ~Miss Morrison
4 > "You are an Accardi." ~Giovanni
5 > 'I got new rules, I count em.'
6 > "I'd rather jump off a cliff, thank you very much." ~Riccardo
7 > "He's a cop! Isn't that so cool?" ~Antonio
8 > "I'm sitting with you for lunch?" ~Giovanna
9 > "Leave my partner in crime alone." ~Giovanna
Author's note
10 > "My filter broke." ~Giovanna
11 > "Care to join me for a run, Bolt?" ~Alessio
13 > "You my friend, are a waste of pizza." ~Giovanna
14 > "It's just fun and games babe." ~Giovanni
15 > ' I'm fine, I'm lying on the floor again'
16 > "I'm an Accardi, I look good in everything." ~Enrico
17 > "So yes, the answer is definitely yes." ~Eleonora (mia)
18 > "Aww babe, why so serious?" ~Damon
19 > "Try again tomorrow Ricky boy." ~Giovanna
20 > "Since when do you look on the bright side?" ~Sebastian(Seb)
21 > "Tick tock, you running out of time." ~Enrico
22 > "What are older brothers for, Tesoro?" ~ Leonardo
23 (part 1) > 'If it's still on your mind, it's worth taking the risk.'
23 (part 2) > 'Family is the heart of a home.'
Author's note
24 > "You can't lose something you never had."~Gerardo
25 > "I will ground you for a month of blue moons!" ~ Alessio
26 > "What the fuck do you have indicators for you shit head?" ~Armella
27 > "Don't sound so disappointed." ~ Giovanna
28 (part 1) > "Thank you."~Giovanna
28 (part 2) > "Well then we'd be willing to listen." ~ Enrico
29 > "You call that not being horrible?" ~Dante
30 > "I haven't failed geography as yet fragolina." ~Gerardo
31 > "Mercy?" ~ Sebastian (Seb)
32 > "They can wait." ~Armella
33 > "Giovanna does favours?"
34 > "X³. Now shut up." ~James
35 > "Just- just come home please." ~Giovanna
36 > "Just another day in Oakland high. " ~Armella
37 (part 1) > "Bingo." ~Giovanna
37 (part 2) > "It's just me." ~Giovanna
38 > "That's enough hugs for one day." ~ Giovanna
39> "Close the door on the way out, would you?" ~Nicole
40> "Ain't never seen a beat up boy look that pretty." ~ Gerardo

12 > "Afraid, small one?" ~Riccardo

8.8K 284 10
By Ruqhaven

The rest of the week passed by in a blur. Safe to say Enrico wasn't impressed when I had gotten detention again, but what could he do about it? Lucky for me he let that one slide, not without a warning that I would have to face consequences the next time.

Somehow Friday's at school always drag. It's like time knows everyone is eager to go home and and decides to make everyone suffer. It didn't help that I had gotten around 19 hours of sleep. Throughout the week. That's roughly 4 hours of sleep a night. And it was taking it's toll on me.

Entering school I had the sole intention of just getting through the day unnoticed. Because if those damned teachers had to say something today and I opened my mouth, I could get myself detention for the rest of the year. Doesn't help that Mr Henderson seems to run detention. The devil's spawn I tell you.

I trudged on from class to class dragging myself around. After a gruelling English lesson in which we had a pop quiz, I was more than relieved when the bell rang for lunch. "I think I lost some brain cells." Nathan commented.

"You mean lost the few brain cells that you actually had?" James questioned. Nathan glared at him. "I'm not getting you any food." And with that he took off to the cafeteria.

"I'll catch you guys just now." James told the rest of us and left taking Brook with him. Before I could even question where they were going, Chloe grabbed my hand and dragged me outside along with her and Chase. "Geez slow down woman." I complained from behind her.

Not paying attention to my protests she dragged me along until we reached a grassy area that had picnic tables present. Plopping down on the bench that was shaded by a tree she pulled her phone and a boom box out of her bag.

"Wait are those even allowed at school?" I asked knowing how many times it got confiscated back at my old school.

"I didn't see anything in the rule book, did you?" She asked pondering over it.

"I didn't read the rule book." I deadpanned. It was sitting rather comfortably in the depths of my closet. Never to be found anytime soon.

"We bring the boom box every Friday in any case and haven't gotten into trouble so I'm guessing it's allowed." Chase said as he pulled out packet of cookies that were contained in a zip seal plastic bag.

Nathan materialised out of no where with tons of snacks in his arms which he quickly dropped onto the table, snatching up the bag of cookies.

"Oh my god." He stated in wonder, his eyes alight in happiness. "Mrs Sanchez made cookies?" He exclaimed in delight. He suddenly glared at all of us. "These are mine."

"Oww, hey!" He yelled as James came from behind him and smacked his head, taking the cookies back. He shook his head at Nathan and places the cookies on the table infront on Brook. Nathan stepped forward about to reach for them when Brook's voice rang out.

"Touch them, I dare you." There was an underlying threat in her words. Her voice was not her normal quiet one but it was rather cold. Girl was serious about her food. Note to self. Don't mess with Brook when it comes to her food.

Nathan paled at that and immediately sat down like a scolded child next to me. I held in a laugh at his somber expression. "Well this is fun and all, but why are outside..." My eyes scanned the table "...with a bunch of snacks on the table?"

"Oh we do this every Friday." Brook began explaining back to her quiet but chirpy self. "Chase and Chloe actually take dance classes, so they show us what they've learnt and we just chill and give input or even join them sometimes. They currently prepping for an upcoming competition. And as for the snacks... Why not?"

"Ooh cool." I replied my heart sinking at the thought of what I left behind. "I look forward to seeing you guys battle it out." I grinned. And that I did.

10 minutes later Nathan had fallen off the bench in laughter and my stomach was paining with how hard I was laughing. I probably looked like a tomato. Chloe was scolding Chase as he simply couldn't get the move right.

"Chase man, I love you and all. But you have got to stop shaking your ass in front of my face." James said from his seat closer to the two.

Chase narrowed his eyes at him. "Well I'd like to see you try pulling this one off." He said crossing his arms and jutting his hip out. The tears were rolling down my face and I could barely breathe.

"You lo-look like," I wheezed in between my words not being able to get my sentence out. I eventually gave up waving my hand infront of my face to indicate I just couldn't say it.

I took one look at Chase's face picturing the whole scene and burst out laughing all over again.

"Oh c'mon Giovanna. You supposed to be on my side."

"I'm sorry." I breathed. "I swear I am but-" I cut myself off and tried my best holding in my laughter. I stood up making my way around the table and over to him. "Here lemme help you." I said all traces of laughter having disappeared.

He looked sceptical and voiced his thoughts out aloud. "You can dance?"

I waved him off not bothering to answer his question. "That's besides the point. Do you want my help or not." I asked looking at him seriously.

"Anyone but Chloe is fine." He replied and she yelled at him in return. "Hey Chloe why don't you take a break." I suggested seeing the frustration on her face. Two people worked up wouldn't end well.

I led Chase a bit further away from the rest of them. He looked absolutely frustrated with himself and not the usual calm dramatic boy I was used to. "Hey take a few breathes." I coached him.

Seeing him about to protest I spoke again. "I know I know. You gonna ask me if I came to help you meditate or actually get it right. Just trust me on this one alright?" He nodded in return not daring to open his mouth.

"Ok not just try to relax yourself. Forget entirely about the last 10 minutes. Clear your mind by taking deep breaths and approach this with a whole new attitude." He did as I asked and closed his eyes, his once tense shoulders relaxing and his breathing evening out.

"Good. Now you know what move you've been trying to do. Before we go any further open your eyes real quick." I asked him and he did so looking much calmer than before. "Cool, now just watch me real quick." I stepped back and slowly executed the move he was struggling with.

"How?" He asked looking at me as if I was an alien.

"No questions. Now I'm gonna run you through it nice and slow. Just follow along with me, yeah?" He nodded and looked carefully at my foot placement and began doing exactly what I had did.

I did it a few more times with him before stopping him. "Ok now before we do anything else I just want you to close your eyes and visualise exactly those movements. Picture yourself doing it." He complied with my orders wordlessly.

"Right now try it."

Before I could even complete my instruction Chase had already executed the move, to perfection might I add. A wide grin spread across his face as he opened his eyes and I couldn't hold back a grin of my own. Before I could even get out a word I was suddenly enveloped in a bear hug.

I stiffened slightly, not expecting the contact and gradually relaxed, even hugging him back. He pulled back with his signature grin on his face. "Thanks Giovanna."

"No problem." I replied shooting him a small smile. "So shall we grace the others with your new moves?"

"Hell yeah!" He exclaimed and we made our way back to the table me shaking my head at his behaviour behind him. If you looked closer, you'd see the fond smile on my face.

The table was quiet as they snacked on all the junk food present. I sat down grabbing my protein bar and opening my orange juice. "Health freak." Nathan mumbled under his breathe.

"In your dreams." I replied grabbing a few gummies and popping them into my mouth. I gave him a mocking smile and helped myself to more snacks.

"Ready to try it again Chase?" Chloe asked now much calmer than before.

"Yeah sure, but I have a suggestion." It went quiet for a while and I halted my movements looking up to see everyone looking at me.

"What?" I asked looking at them and immediately glared at Chase seeing the look in his eyes.

"Whatever you about to say or ask, it's a no." I gave him my answer before he could even ask.

"C'mon, just run through it once with us. Just once, unless..." He looked at me his eyes daring me. "Unless you too chicken to do it." He tilted his head to the side waiting for my reaction.

Dares. Something I just couldn't say no to. I gave him a small smirk and stood up from my place.

"Watch and learn Chase, watch and learn."

James turned the music on and this time the twins allowed me to stand in the front.

We went through the whole song without a hitch and when we were done received a round of applause from the crowd that had gathered. When they had gotten there, I had no idea. Suddenly a new track began playing and someone in the crowd yelled out "dance off!" at the top of their lungs.

The place was dark. I could feel the body heat of the people that stood close to me. Every person was quiet as we all stood there anxious, nervous, excited all of us in anticipation. Suddenly the lights flickered on and off adding to my nerves. I felt the person next to me grab onto my hand and hold tightly, their hands as equally cold and clammy as mine.

Suddenly a spotlight shone on the guy standing at the centre of the ring that had been formed around him. Seb turned to look at me and we both grinned at each other in delight. I shook of the nerves that I felt as the the lighting dimmed again. All it took was two words. Two words.

"Dance off."

I smiled at the memory of the first dance off Seb and I had ever participated in as street dancers. Shaking my head I came back to reality and realised that I now formed part of the ring that was created by the students present.

There were a few teachers outside, including miss Santiago proving my point that she is an awesome teacher. The students took turns battling it out and just having fun. I gave James a small grin and before he could fully comprehend what I was upto, I pushed him into the circle forcing him into the spotlight.

He glared at me and I mouthed to him, 'what are friends for?'. He'd be getting me back for that one later. For now we all just laughed and cheered him on.

As the songs changed Adrian modelled into the circle. Literally freaking modelled, swaying his hips and flipping his imaginary hair. I laughed along with the rest of the student population before cheering him on.

"Go Google maps!" I yelled and he turned sending me a wink. A few other students had a turn and Brook and Luca even joined in on the fun, busting a move or two of their own. And then Ricardo Accardi stepped into the ring.

Judging by the wild cheers of the seniors he could definitely bust a move. My assumptions were proven correct when he began break dancing using one of the best footwork techniques yet.

The rest of the students had went into the circle with the intention of having fun. He was having fun, but at the same time he's moves were calculated and executed right down to the T.

He kept up with the ever changing tempo and never missed a beat. He finished off with a back flip and everyone waited to see who would be brave enough to step into the circle next.

I was suddenly pushed into the ring and my eyes widened. I turned around to see James mouth my exact words from earlier back at me. Ricardo gave me a teasing smile before commenting, "afraid small one?".

The seniors began jeering but I could hear the cheers of my friends spurring me on.

Turning to Ricardo I smirked at him. "I'll show you just how afraid I am."

I gestured for James to turn the music up and he complied. Smirking at Ricardo I pulled a move that would really get this dance fight started. Shoving him lightly, I could see his suprise at the look in my eyes. I was here to win.

Tuning out the crowd I allowed the music to take control. My body reacted on it's own, muscle memory taking over. Keeping up with the beat I made full use of the circle created by the students. Looking Ricardo straight in the eye, I ended my routine ending it with the backflip he pulled off.

For the next 2 and a half minutes we took turns, each outdoing the other in skill and performance. Just as I finished my 30 second routine Ricardo made eye contact with me and I immediately smiled. He made a hand signal, one which I immediately understood.

Instead of continuing the dance off we combined our efforts finishing our performance off together with a flourish. He grabbed my hand as we stood side by side and taking a bow. Smiling he turned to look at me and pulled me into a hug.

"Good job sorellina." (Little sister)
His voice was soft as he enveloped me in a warm hug, his strong arms wrapped gently around me and his scent surrounded me.

I returned his hug and replied with a soft, "you too fratello." (Big brother) thinking that he wouldn't hear me. The smile on his face and the joy in his eyes said otherwise.

Today was by far one of the best Friday's I had, had in a long time.

------------------------------------------------------
Hi
Hope you are all well.

By the way, this is Saturday's update. I'm gonna be really busy this weekend, so I'm posting early to cover up.

How was the chapter?
I feel like it wasn't my finest work, but I tried.

With that being said...
Thanks for reading. I really appreciate every read, comment and vote that I receive.

See you guys on Tuesday with a better update.

Stay safe
-Rain 🖋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 4K 53
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
173K 1K 189
Mature content
203K 31.8K 83
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
36.2K 561 30
Cover was made by me Please just request stuff I'm desperate to get better at writing 🥺🥺