執拗な神々

By _CutieAra_

Please read the summary for further information. More

Summary
Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 9
Ch 10
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
Ch 16
Ch 17
Ch 18
Ch 19
Ch 20
Ch 21
Ch 22
Ch 23
Ch 24
Ch 25
Ch 26
Ch 27
Ch 28
Ch 30
Ch 31
Ch 32
Ch 33
Ch 34
Ch 35
Ch 36
Ch 37
Ch 38
Ch 39
Ch 40
Ch 41
Ch 42
Ch 43
Ch 44
Ch 45
Ch 46
Ch 47
Ch 48
Ch 49
Ch 50
Ch 51
Ch 52
Ch 53
Ch 54
Ch 55
Ch 56
Ch 57
Ch 58
Ch 59
Ch 60
Ch 61
Ch 62
Ch 63
Ch 64
Ch 65
Ch 66

Ch 29

5.8K 337 114
By _CutieAra_

Clank clank.

As I cut the meat for dinner, I paused.

Ever since I heard that from Reyhas, my whole mind had been preoccupied with the new saint.

After all, Ariel wasn’t a real saint and I was prepared to leave before Camilla, the protagonist of the original story, appeared.

But it should be five years from now, yet she already showed up?

‘Was it the Tiago District?’

No, if I’m not mistaken, the hometown of the original heroine, Camilla, was Ares. Looking at the map, Tiago was at the complete opposite end.

Somehow, I didn’t feel good.

When I lost my appetite, I told Daisy to eat and opened the store function.

[Relics]

Camilla, the protagonist of the original novel, manifested her powers after receiving the sacred item ‘Antonio’s Pendant’ from Reid, the God of Eternity.

[Antonio’s Pendant] [1/1]

[Not available for sale: This item is not supported]

I went through the store and the item was still there.

When this item is removed from the items for sale, perhaps that was when Camilla awakened.

So, who is the girl who has manifested her divine powers in the Tiago District?

“Gods, do you know anything about the saint from Tiago?”

I asked the gods, but they remained silent.

There were two cases when they didn’t answer my questions.

Either they don’t even have the slightest bit of interest, or they couldn’t answer because of some restrictions.

“Hmm.”

Anyway, even if it isn’t Camilla, if there was a girl who has manifested divine powers, I would have to vacate my seat and leave the temple sooner than I thought.

The White Rotunia that Reyhas broke came to my mind.

“Even if that child comes, nothing will change. You will stay here.”

I was wondering what Reyhas was thinking. When he delivered the news, he said that I would still continue to be in the temple.

“Is he going to lock me up in a dungeon or something?”

I felt a chill down my spine when I imagined Reyhas’ face smiling at me outside the bars while holding a white Rotunia every day.

“Haha, no way.”

[Hesed, the God of Knowledge, says that your guess is not wrong]

[Monde, the God of Art, tries to shut Hesed’s mouth]

[Odyssey, the God of Love, blushes while talking about the dangerous taste of love]

You guys were quiet when I asked you questions.

Blurring the sparkling windows that were teasing me, I shook my head and erased useless thoughts.

But Reyhas, he can’t possibly do that when he’s a high priest.

It was getting late at night, so I thought it would be better to go to bed.

I don’t think I can sleep well due to the noisy atmosphere outside, but I couldn’t spend the night at the night market for two days in a row.

It was when I slowly reached out to the bedding to lie down on the bed.

Suddenly, I heard a knock from the window covered with curtains.

“Huh? Did I hear wrong?”

But when I heard a knock again, I felt a lump in my throat.

The thought of being on the 4th floor reminded me of a ghost story I heard when I was young.

As I stared at the window under great tension, I heard a creak.

I was so surprised that I was on the verge of screaming until the curtain was raised, revealing a face I had seen before.

I opened my mouth, looking at him with a bewildered expression,

“Your Highness?”

His hair and eyes looked dark because of the dim light.

The jacket of his uniform had been taken off, and he only wore a dark red shirt on his solid upper body. 

His foot, which came through my window, thumped to the floor.

He soon pulled himself up. His red hair, undisturbed by the strong winds that breezed through the balcony, seemed to have changed and he looked like he had bangs.

“How come you’re here…”

Kyle strode up to me, who was surprised, stood still and looked at me.

I stared at him and blinked.

He came one step closer to me with a stiff face. My heart was pounding and I felt nervous. Maybe because it reminded me of Ariel’s proposal letter.

After a brief silence, he opened his mouth with a confident expression,

“I’m here to kidnap you.”

…Huh?

He opened his mouth again as I stared at him blankly at his sudden remark,

“You didn’t look so good.”

His low voice reminded me of what happened earlier.

“Your eyes were shaking.”

When I prayed in front of people, I was filled with thoughts. Honestly, I was also nervous.

“Last time, you begged me not to kill you.”

He had a harsh voice that sounded quite irritated and concerned.

“That… it’s just that.”

What’s more, the blessings that the gods gave to people kept coming up in front of my eyes, so I couldn’t help but tremble as I read them.

Kyle went on and on as I mumbled,

“That’s why I’m here to take you.”

“Yes? Pardon?”

Suddenly, I heard someone walking from the hallway outside.

As I didn’t move with a puzzled expression, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

“……!”

I felt my body rise up in an instant, and I was carried in his arms in a princess-like position.

Filled with tension, we listened to the footsteps approaching, passing my door and getting farther away.

I looked at him with astonished eyes, and he began to walk through the window where he came in.

“W-wait!”

We’re on the 4th floor!

A strong musk scent lingered at the tip of my nose as I hugged his neck in anxiety.

He put one foot on the window frame.

“No way!”

Are you insane?

He threw himself out of the window, holding me in his arms.

I felt the wind vividly on my skin, I leaned reflexively and clung to him.

To jump off the 4th floor, how crazy is that.

I closed my eyes at the feeling of falling. Soon, recoil and shock were transmitted to my body.

“……?”

But this shock was not what I had expected.

It was just a recoil that shook my body once.

I slowly opened my eyes when I felt we were on stable ground and what I saw was his silver eyes and the black sky behind him.

I met his gaze for a long time in the deep silence. It was only after a few seconds that I realized we had landed safely.

He let my feet touch the ground when I struggled.

“Uh… how did you do that?”

He replied with a nonchalant attitude to my words,

“It’s a piece of cake for a Swordmaster.”

I knew the Swordmaster was a monster, but how could he land so easily from 4 stories high?

His body seemed beyond the laws of physics I know.

“Are you hurt?”

“I’m not… It might be a problem if someone knew we were out like this.”

I spoke hurriedly.

“I don’t care. I’ll kill anyone who’s going to take issue with this.”

His resolute words were filled with murderous intent. He probably remembered the feud he had with Reyhas before.

I stood face to face with him without saying a word, he stared back at me and grabbed my wrist. Then we started walking.

“Follow me.”

He was a man with an overbearing attitude, growing up to be the crown prince of the empire and naturally ordering everyone.

I asked as I was dazed and hastily pulled towards him,

“Where are we going?”

But soon I had to shut my mouth at what he said,

“Well.”

His voice was cold.

“It’s awkward because it’s my first time kidnapping a living person.”

“Um. I’ll follow you.”

Feeling a chill down my spine, I followed him into the darkness.

Around ten minutes after walking down the path, we walked out of the trees and my eyes widened.

There was a vast rose garden.

It was the view I saw on the balcony earlier, but it was refreshing to see it this close.

The colorful daytime roses were beautiful, but the temptation of the night roses made me speechless for a while.

There were tens of thousands, or even more. Against the backdrop of the dark night and moon, the rose buds were covered with crystal-clear dew.

“There’s nothing better than taking a walk when you have a headache.”

I heard his low voice behind me.

I turned to him, and his cool red eyes stared at the garden.

He let go of my wrist and started walking past me. It was not a fast pace.

“……”

I walked after him.

Unlike during the day, there was a little cool breeze, but it wasn’t cold.

“I heard that the real saint appeared.”

I could see the long sword hanging around his waist gently swaying as he walked.

“Yes, I heard so.”

I walked along with him without saying a word.

Not only Reyhas, but he also seemed to have heard the news about the girl in Tiago.

I was a fake saint, so it was natural to believe that a real saint appeared.

I looked up at him as soon as he stopped walking.

His broad shoulders, superior physique, and back made my chest throb for some reason. Maybe it’s because this body belonged to Ariel.

“I’ve spoken to Reyhas. Let’s pretend that God had chosen a new saint because your body is too weak to contain the power.”

This was also from the original story.

The two male leads, who had set up a fake saint, tried to make Camilla a new saint, and the foolish Ariel rebelled angrily.

But I was not the stupid Ariel. I wasn’t afraid to leave the temple.

“I understand.”

I answered calmly.

Then he turned towards me.

His dark red eyes were staring at me.

“And I…”

Confused for a moment, I belatedly focused on his voice.

When I made eye contact with him again, he parted his lips,

“I’d like to offer you a new position.”

The cool wind grazed my forehead and my hair fluttered.

I looked at him blankly. I heard the rustling of the swaying roses.

“Come with me to the palace.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 667 18
this is a try to revive my original book. i think to give a summary of my book in brief. so new readers can get idea what i wrote before.
15.4K 423 26
It starts off with the cliche parents death, abusive brother/pack, rejected by mate, runs away to different pack, mate gets mate.
9.1K 369 15
Just read the story....
Scarred Love By Crystal

Mystery / Thriller

94 2 17
This story is now discontinued, sorry! I have no motivation to continue this book, but I hoped y'all enjoyed it anyways. !WARNING THIS STORY WILL MEN...