Shining Our Lights (Until the...

By shiningourlights

Firefighter Maya Bishop was just trying to enjoy a night out with her friends when she met the gorgeous Docto... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
A/N

9

2.8K 74 2
By shiningourlights

Being back at work after a weekend spent differently than usual had caused the whole team to feel less motivated to get through the long day of work ahead of them.

Everyone loved their job, but it was actually a little difficult to get back into the right mindset to get through it when not even twenty-four hours earlier they were all busy making sure all the bottles of alcohol they had bought ran out.

After the run the day before, Andy and Vic had decided to stay the night at the blonde's house, which on second thought really needed a girls' night out.

*****

"Your house is always so tidy, I can't understand how that's possible. The more I come here the cleaner this house is, it's amazing," Andy said as soon as she walked in, Vic right behind her, while Maya had already gone to the kitchen to get a drink of water.

"One way or another I'm going to have to spend time doing other things too, right?" Maya answered her before drinking, and then giving a glass to her two friends as well.

"You know, we didn't think this through when we decided to spend the night together, because Andy and I don't have any clean clothes," Vic realized as soon as Maya told her that she was going to the shower shortly.

"You can take some of mine, as if you don't already..." Maya replied, looking at Vic who had yet to return a sweatshirt to her after a year.

"It's the most comfortable sweatshirt I've ever worn!" The brunette protested, looking at Andy who shrugged then headed for the bathroom, knowing that discussion would last just long enough to get a good shower.

"Do I look like I care? That was my favorite sweatshirt!" Maya shouted playfully, making the brunette in front of her laugh.

"You said I could keep it!"

"For that night, not for the rest of your life!"

"What would be the difference?" Vic said perhaps one of the dumbest things in her life, of which there were many.

"Are you serious? 'One night' means a couple of hours!"

"A couple of hours if they are multiplied many times equals my lifetime, I don't understand your point, I think I'm absolutely right," Vic shrugged, rolling her eyes at Maya.

"What's on the TV?" The brunette then said, throwing herself down on the couch, which Maya sincerely hoped wouldn't happen, but instead had just seen before her eyes.

"Get up," Maya said.

"No,"

"Get up, you're sweaty, I don't want to have the stain of your sweat on my couch,"

"You can wash it,"

"I work every day,"

"Me too,"

"It doesn't matter! Get up!" Maya laughed, grabbing Vic's arms and forcing her to get up.

"You're a party pooper..."

"Maya! I need a robe!" Andy yelled from the bathroom.

"I should have some extra in the drawer under the sink!" Maya replied, seeing her friend coming out of the bathroom moments later.

"Latina fire, physical representation by Andy Herrera!" Vic exclaimed.

"Yes yes, I know I'm hot, but you keep reminding me," Andy replied to her before going to get dressed.

Once all the girls finished their showers they decided to order food, as they were all too lazy to even open a cabinet unless it contained something alcoholic.

"Maya, my love, that time of the night has come, the time in which you get all the booze you have and we embarrass ourselves by telling our deepest secrets!" Andy exclaimed, cheering her friend on, having Vic on her side since she was just waiting for that moment.

Maya headed to the kitchen, then returned to the living room with three bottles of lemon vodka, her favorite.

"Ah, Maya, my girl. You know me so well..."

"I only got this one because it's my favorite, don't get too cocky," Maya was quick to counter.

"You always ruin everything, Bishop,"

"It's kind of a talent,"

****

It had been a little over half an hour when the three women found themselves laughing at the small amount of sobriety they were left with, finding even the slightest gesture one of the funniest things they had ever witnessed.

"Bishop!" Andy tried to say amidst the laughter, drawing the attention of Maya, who was (perhaps) the most sober of the three.

"Herrera!" The blonde replied immediately, the exchange of last names making Vic laugh.

"What are you going to do with Jack?" Andy was quick to ask.

"How do you know Jack and I have slept together?" Maya asked her in response, then quickly shifted her gaze to Vic.

"Sorry! It was too much to keep in!" Vic laughed at the last words she said, it definitely wasn't family friendly.

"Fine, I don't want a relationship with him or anyone, I'm a free spirit!" The blonde exclaimed, bringing her hand up in victory.

"Not even with Carina?" Vic asked, making Maya almost spit out the shot she was drinking, just because she got tired of drinking from the bottle.

"Ahhh...the hot doctor with the irresistible accent...see, if she hadn't made me feel like shit for no apparent reason, I'd probably say yes,"

"Irresistible accent?" Andy asked confused.

"She's Andrew DeLuca's sister, Italian from head to toe," Vic said, getting a little sad at the thought of the young doctor.

"I was right!" Maya exclaimed, recalling all the hours she had spent naming countries in southern Europe, hoping to find the one that most closely matched Carina's accent and physiognomy.

She was couldn't decide between Italy and Spain, but still, she had come close.

"Ahhh...the super hot doctor..." were Maya's last words before falling asleep on the couch in her house.

"We're so going to regret drinking tomorrow."

***

"We don't need ten pounds of bananas, put them down," Travis said to Dean, who had been going on for about twenty minutes about how having so much potassium available to them would be helpful.

"You'll regret this in a few days, Montgomery," The man said, following Travis into the fruit aisle.

"Are you guys done? We heard you two complaining about bananas for twenty minutes from the aisle over there, you guys are insufferable!" Vic exclaimed, as Maya and Andy made their way into the same aisle that the two boys were in after being tasked with looking for eggs.

The team had been in the supermarket for about half an hour, it would have taken them less time if they all agreed on the same things, but having so many people around also meant having to deal with so many different emotions, which in situations like these wasn't exactly a pleasure.

"Can we all agree that we want to have food available all week?" Maya asked, finding a nod of approval from everyone.

"All right, Dean? You can't have ten pounds of bananas, a couple is enough. Travis, I see you staring at the apples like you're going to eat every one in that container. Vic, I agree with you," Maya continued, teasing everyone as she was used to do on a daily basis.

It was her way of expressing the truth, what she thought without being too cruel, because everyone knew there was always a hint of irony in what she said.

Everyone continued to take everything that was marked on the list (strictly made by Maya and Andy right after the discussion about bananas) dividing into groups of two.

The task of taking the fruit had now passed to the two, who took some of every food item that was marked on it.

"Andy?" They heard a voice call behind their backs, which made them turn around immediately.

Maya froze when she saw who it was, she truly thought she would never see her again.

"Madison?" The Latina almost giggled, then approaching her friend who unlike the other times they had seen each other seemed to have a dull look on her face.

"What happened? You don't look as bright as the past few days..." Andy asked her, even though a supermarket aisle probably wasn't the best place to have such conversations.

"I had a fight with someone, no big deal," the blonde said, kicking out a piece of paper from her pocket that was presumably her shopping list, and then starting to look at everything the aisle was stocked with, though she didn't immediately find what she needed.

"A girl?" Andy asked again.

She had known the blonde for many, many years, and although they had spent time apart she could still read her face and her emotions.

"Yeah...it was 'nothing serious', I was a fool to get attached in such a short time," Madison almost whispered.

Her words made Maya's eyes go wide: could it be that that girl was Carina?

"I'm sorry..." Andy whispered, sounding truly sorry.

"We got everything, let's go!" They heard Vic approaching, followed by Travis and Dean.

"Well, I'll let you go, have a nice day," the blonde said, waving goodbye to her friend.

Maya was confused, she didn't know what to feel: on one hand she hoped he was talking about Carina, while on the other hand she wanted to not give a damn.

She hated how the Italian's name made her feel chills down her spine, but she hated even more that she hadn't spoken to her in over a week.

Why did she continue to feel this way?

A/N: I hope you're enjoying the story, I'd like to know what you think about it so far and you think could possibly happen.
See you in the next chapter!
(Thank you for 4k♥️)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 216 44
This story will be triggering. Story includes abuse , eating disorders and foul language The story of Maya Bishop and Carina DeLuca.
164K 3.8K 27
When the playgirl, Danielle, wants something, she will surely get it. She's always up for a challenge whether it's a role in a new show or a hot girl...
209K 3.9K 32
Maya got her promotion as captain but her team hasn't been to pleased about that. Three months of hell she has been put through. There is a light in...
6.7K 219 20
Maya, Carina and Arizona have been dating for over half a year now. How will the two smitten doctors react to Maya getting injured on the job. Also p...