Foxtail's Tale | Remus Lupin...

By HannahDottier

"It's fineeeeeeee, no one got hurt." "You blew off the top of the... More

Foxtail's Tale
Trailer & Playlist
Graphics
Prolouge
Epigraph
01|The Hogwart Express
02|Full Moon Rising
03|Early Play
04|Muggle Pranks
05|Runaway Son
06|Oh My Juliet
07|Aurora Buckthorn
08|Faded Dimple Smile
09|Tipsy Muggle Fun
10|Wands & Saftey Pins
11|Wedding Bells
13|Sleeping Together
14|Hiding a Scandel
15|First Defiance
16|Fuck The Dark Lord
17|Welsh & Wonderful Women
18|Flukes & Fudge
19|Autumn Dance
20|Future Proposal

12|A Long Night in Silvery Oaks

258 11 14
By HannahDottier

.:▹  ◃:.

Easter Holidays 6th Year
.:▹  ◃:.

LILY, THE Marauders and a sad amount of wedding guests found themselves huddled up in the waiting room of Silvery Oaks. Many of them now wore bandages and were curled up under cloaks and blankets. The Weasleys had left after a few hours, and everyone understood and would let them know about the condition of the others. Bill, Charlie and Percival shouldn't have to spend time the day at the hospital into the deep hours of the night.

Lily had calmed a little bit in her seat, she was desperately trying to force herself to read something. Anything. Benji had threaded a hand through Sirius' hair, the younger boy had eventually fallen into a quiet slumber. His head rested on Benji's lap.

Soft snores left Peter and Quinn's sleeping forms, they were entwined in each other's arms and Quinn's wounded leg rested on a table atop of a pillow. Benji had pulled a thin blanket over them before he persuaded Sirius to rest.

The newly wed couple was incomplete, Fabian was still being treated by healers. And so Valentina and Gideon had found solace in each other, they were attempting to play wizard's chess but neither of the two was truly trying.

Many other patients and their loved ones had come and gone and they had all watched the group with pity. But no one could really do anything.

Eloise's nerves had skyrocketed and she had been pacing so much so that Remus assumed her trail was engraved in the floor. She hadn't had the time to change yet and still wore her pale yellow dress that now had blooming red flowers on it. Watching her closely, Remus had to force himself not to cry. Rarely had he seen her that hopeless.

Not even when Hufflepuff had destroyed their house during quidditch.

"Foxy."

The girl continued to pace.

"Elo." This time Remus had gotten up and grasped Eloise's shoulders, making her look up at him. Silently Remus reached down and wrapped his arms around her, slightly lifting the elder girl off her feet. Quiet sobs racked Eloise's body and she buried her face deep into Remus' neck, staining his dress robes. Remus let out some of his own little cries as they stood there for a moment.

Eventually they pulled apart and looked each other in the eye before looking away uncomfortable. "Uhm... should we go to the cafeteria? We might be able to get some tea and cookies." Remus rubbed his neck, awaiting Eloise's answer, which was a simple nod. They quickly informed their friends where they were going before leaving.

The walk to the cafeteria was quiet as the two best friends couldn't find it within themselves to talk. Both were too preoccupied with their severely wounded friend to worry about their feelings regarding one another. At the cafeteria, that was located between their waiting room and the entrance, Eloise ordered some Earl Grey.

James dropped down, blood oozing out of his body.

Lily screaming and wailing over his body.

Eloise clamped her shaking hands under her armpits and gulped. Her dark eyes drifted over to Remus who was reading over a newspaper. Images of Remus' painful transformations drifted into Eloise's mind, and she recalled the first time she had witnessed it.

The shattering bones, tearing flesh and howls of pain had made her skin crawl and she had cried the entire night. The next day Eloise had curled herself up beside Remus in his bed, her arms wrapped around him. Neither of them had read too much into the action, to both of them it had been Eloise caring for him. Never again had Eloise done that.

But now, many years later as Eloise looked at Remus she couldn't help thinking. Thinking what she would feel if it had been Remus to get hit by the spell rather than James.

Taking her lips between her teeth, Eloise inhaled and under the poor warm lighting of the hospital she made a decision. "Remus?" Said boy turned his head, gaze fixing on Eloise who looked unlike herself. Normally Eloise carried herself with seeming ease and confidence, and now she looked so terribly small and terrified. A shell of her normal self. Not only that, but she had actually used his first name.

"Yes?"

Eloise's eyes fluttered close and her fingers brushed over her thigh where her school skirt stopped. "I..." Her voice cracked. "I care about you."

Poor Remus didn't get the full load of the message and so he smiled sweetly at her and put an arm on her shoulder. "I care about you too."

"No-" Eloise took a step back, just out of Remus' reach. It caused a frown on Remus' brow. "I'm sorry?"

Noticing the frown on Remus' face, Eloise shook her head and chuckled. Momentarily she forgot what she had just been trying to confess. An arm wrapped around Remus' neck, hauling him down to her height and Eloise's fingers massaged the place between his sandy brows. "What did I say about frowning?"

A chortle left Remus' lips. Then their eyes met and finally Remus' gears started to turn.

I care about you.

I care about you.

You.

"Remus," Eloise said, trying to pull the boy back to reality. "Remus!" He shook his head and blinked rapidly, mind back in the present. Cheeks tinted a faint red, much like Eloise's.

And perhaps James' bravery to save her nephew was enough to make Eloise brave. So she asked a question she had wanted to ask many times before but never had.

"May I kiss you?"

All words died in Remus' throat. He had imagined that moment many times before, but he had stopped himself from actually believing that one of his fantasies could come to be. And yet, Eloise Matilda Prewett had just asked him, Remus John Lupin, if she was allowed to kiss him.

Slightly discouraged, Eloise started to pull back from Remus which made him panic slightly. Merlin, he was not good at romance. "No!" He all but shouted, making Eloise recoil slightly. "No need to sc-"

"I mean, yes! Sorry," He sighed and met her eyes again. "Yes."

With a soft smirk, Eloise rolled onto her tippy toes and her lips ghosted over Remus'. A short but sweet kiss. They pulled apart, foreheads together before Remus leaned in again.

"Remus! Eloise!" The voice of Euphemia Potter made the two teens pull apart and crane their necks in the direction of the woman who was rushing towards them, her husband in tow. The woman wrapped her arms around Eloise, who was nearest. A long string of words left Euphemia's mouth as she looked over the children she almost considered her own.

Fleamont approached them finally, his greying dark hair in a mess. "Euphemia, dear," His voice made Euphemia peer up at him before she let out an teary breath. It was Remus who swooped in. "We can take you to see him, the healers are still busy..." He trailed off, leaving Eloise behind when he walked the Potters to James' room.

Slowly, Eloise pressed her fingers to her lips and she grinned like a child for a moment. Then she remembered the tea and with a flick of her wand the paper teacups floated up in the air and followed her as the girl trailed behind Remus and the Potters.

☆——⍟——☆

Fabian was allowed visitors before James was. Naturally his wife was his first visitor and she wasn't expected to leave and so the rest took turns. After Gideon, Eloise's turn came. The small room contained two beds, one of which contained Gideon and the other an unknown patient.

The state of the newlywed made Eloise's heart clench. He looked pale, paler than usual. His ginger hair wasn't styled as it should be and there was no smile on his face. Brown eyes hidden from the world he adored. If not for the slow but steady rise and fall of his chest, he could have been dead.

His wife was curled on a small chair by his side, her hand held Fabian's tightly. And for a moment Eloise could see the memory of the first time she saw Valentina. It had been in a picture that Fabian had sent home, the picture showed the Prewett twins, Valentina and their friends that consisted of Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and Slytherins alike.

Silently Eloise sat down in the other chair, eyes trained on her older brother.

"I'm pregnant."

The sudden confession from Valentina, made Eloise snap her eyes away from Fabian. "Does he-?" She gestured to her resting brother. "How? What?"

A small giggle left Valentina's lips. "Eloise, I assume you know how," To that, Eloise laughed and rolled her eyes. "But yes, we have known since February. We were going to tell all of you after the honeymoon," Valentina's fingers found the small cross she wore around her neck. "My parents are still very religious you see. They wouldn't be happy about me getting pregnant before my wedding night..."

Threading her fingers through her brown, semi long hair, Eloise leaned back. "Are they very conservative?"

Slowly Valentina nodded. "I'm sorry," Eloise spoke, not entirely sure what else to say. Wordlessly Valentina waved the girl off. "It's alright, I know they love me and I love them," Then, looking down at her stomach. "And I'll be open minded for her."

"So it's a her then?" Eloise asked, quite happy about the change of topic. Conservative parents weren't her strong suit, pregnancies were however. Finally Molly's will for a big family helped Eloise out.

"I think so, at least the sex is a girl."

Deciding to crack a joke because she was, well, Eloise Matilda Prewett, the girl grinned. "You're lucky, the boys in my family are complete and utter wankers as you can tell by this git here," Eloise mused, jabbing a thumb at Fabian who was unable to defend himself from his gremlin sister. "The women, as you can see," Eloise puffed out her chest, resting a hand over her heart. "Are magnificent."

Now, Valentina wasn't as much of a joker as the three youngest Prewetts, but in that moment to honour her husband she did fire back with Prewett sharpness. "Magnificent examples of wankers, yes." At Eloise's taken back and quite frankly, offended face, Valentina couldn't help but laugh a bit before apologising.

"No, no, no. Don't ruin it Santos. You're making a joke, at my expense which shows how bad you are at this. But a joke nonetheless. You're already a part of the family!" Eloise clapped the older woman's arm and Valentina's cheeks tinged a dark red.

☆——⍟——☆

Eventually James also woke and slowly but surely all their wounds healed over. After the night in the Silvery Oaks, the Marauders had each gone to their respective homes for the rest of the break. And Eloise and Remus hadn't had time to discuss what had happened between them.

A few days later Remus was curled up on a garden chair with a book and Dandelion. His mother, Hope, worked in her beautiful garden. Her light brown hair had been pinned up to hide some of her bald spots, her dark overalls contrasted her light skin that was covered with some dirts.

Just then Hope coughed and had to support herself against the garden fence. "Mum," Remus put down his book and lifted Dandelion, much to his dismay, before Remus walked over to his mother. "Are you alright? Do you need to rest?"

Hope slowly shook her head at her son, nonetheless Remus led her over to take a seat in the shade by the pink roses. Hope Lupin always loved to garden and when her son finally started to attend Hogwarts she could finally return to her passion. Constantly moving from village to village didn't allow her to nurture a garden.

"I'm alright dear, just a little tired," Hope assured, a hand cupping Remus' cheek.

Just as the youngest Lupin was about to protest, Queen —Eloise's owl, named after the band— landed on Remus' shoulder and dropped a letter in Hope's lap. Remus straightened his back and gently stroked Queen's grey feathers. He murmured a thanks as he took the letter from Hope before making his way inside his small home.

There, Queen was promptly fed and allowed to rest as Remus ripped open the letter.

Dear Remus,

Hello, how have you been? Has your gash healed? I've been staying at the Burrow and blimey, somehow I always forget just how much babies cry. I love Percy but Merlin, my ears are about to start bleeding!

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and ask if you would want to go out? On a date maybe?

Love,
Eloise

Butterflies came to life in Remus' stomach and hastily he produced a quill, some parchment and ink. Soon enough his quill was gliding over the parchment at high speed. Much to Queen's dismay, he barley received any resting time before Remus gave him a treat and sent him off.

☆——⍟——☆

At the Burrow, Bill, Charlie, Gideon and Eloise were playing as dragons. The small boys were flying around on their toy brooms and would roar and 'breathe' fire —and giggle promptly after— at their aunt and uncle, who feigned panic. Percy was perched in a worn highchair, he watched his family play with a blank face. He was still too young to comprehend what the crazy people were doing so he resulted to observing them while eating his small plate with food.

Swiftly, Gideon lurched forward and swooped Eloise off of her feet under her armpits. "Here comes the angry auror Eloise!!" He screamed, swinging his small sister in the air as if she were a small doll. Eloise in turn was going berserk in his hold. "Let me go you WANKING GIT! YOU'RE SMELLIER THAN MERLIN'S BALLS AND EARWAX COMBINED! TOSSER!!!"

Instead of putting down the feral Prewett, Gideon's eyes widened and he opened his mouth dramatically. His voice rose several octaves to imitate Judy's voice. "Eloise Matilda Prewett, how dare you use such foul language around children?!" He gasped.

Bill and Charlie were exchanging side glances, hands pressed over their reddening faces to contain their giggles. All the stress from the attack at the wedding seemed to have washed away.

Oh if looks could kill. Then Gideon would have been nothing more but a crumbling skeleton beneath the ground, serving as a hotel for pests. Now luckily for Gideon, looks couldn't kill. Well, at least Eloise's couldn't.

"My language is nothing compared to them having to deal with your pathetic jokes!"

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK!"

Eloise hissed and snarled at him.

Meanwhile, Molly watched her siblings from her kitchen and took a deep breath. Yes she loved all three of them dearly, but still she hoped she would never have children who would get into so much trouble. If only she knew.

Arthur came up behind his wife, his arms encircling her waist. A soft kiss was pressed to the redhead's cheek and Molly returned the gesture soon after.

No words were exchanged between the spouses, but that was okay. They had been together for over a decade, words weren't all that important to them. Just holding each other was enough for them. So they stood there, watching their children be entertained by their uncle and aunt.

☆——⍟——☆

Morning broke and Eloise was up with no protest. A flick of her wand curled up her hair, making it quite bouncy and look fluffy. Hopping around the room, Eloise wiggled into some bright, striped, flared jeans before she pulled a white t-shirt over her head. A yellow flower-eyed smily on her chest.

While eating her bacon and eggs, Eloise fastened her platform heels and after a quick goodbye to the family she apparated to Silvery Oaks.

There, the girl made her way up to James' room.

"I could hear you coming from two corridors away." James smirked at Eloise as she entered his room. A middle finger was the reply he got and Eloise waltzed around the room and sat down on Peter's lap since there were no extra chairs. Peter hardly looked up at the action.

"So, weirdest kiss," Peter said, picking up the conversation that Eloise's arrival had interrupted. It was Lily who answered first from her seat by James' bed. "I was playing a muggle game called spin the bottle and ended up kissing Marlene."

James looked at her impressed while Eloise made an 'ahh' sound as she recalled the one day in their room. "Well, I suppose it's my turn then," James started, a small groan left his lips as he started to sit up and Lily jumped to his aid. He shot her a small thanks before telling his story. "Coincidentally I was also playing spin the bottle-" His eye twitched as he shot daggers at Eloise and Peter's howling laughter that had interrupted his fabulous story.

"SHUT IT!!"

They did not 'shut it'.

And so, James continued his story to Lily. "And I ended up having to snog Padfoot. We were 13."

Much to James' dismay, Lily had to laugh as well and so he was left to look pissed off while muttering about his annoying friends and that their parents hadn't raised them well.

"Speak of the devil," James grumbled as the door swung open to reveal Sirius who dragged Benji in behind him. It was truly a sight to behold, Sirius hair brushed his shoulders, safety pins stuck out of his ears, spikes stood proud on his jacket with various chains, eyes coated with heavy eyeliner and eyeshadow and leather fingerless gloves clad his hands. And then there was Benji, a thin cardigan hung off his frame, simple trousers and shirt underneath, short hair slightly messy and glasses on his face.

And still their fingers were laced together.

"The devil? Oh I didn't see my father anywhere," Sirius remarked. Ignoring his boyfriend's comment, Benji accio'd some chairs for them. After greetings were exchanged, the two boys got the context of James' comment and Sirius' smile transformed into a glare at James while Benji chuckled.

"We swore to never tell anyone," Sirius snapped, to which James shrugged innocently.

"Since Wormy's first kiss was Quinn, I'm assuming you have no story here?" Eloise leaned over her new found seat to look at Peter, who shook his head. "Well, then it's my turn I suppose..." Eloise trailed off in deep thought before she had a light bulb moment. "Ah yes, when I was going out with Boot he insisted on kissing me while I was flying upside down," A grin appeared on her lips. "I fell on him and he had to stay in the Hospital Wing for a week with a fractured spine."

"That's terrible," Benji breathed out, which received him odd looks from everyone present, including Lily. "No, that minger is a wanking baboon who will grow old and die in his mother's attic," Sirius explained, waving around a finger. Benji blinked multiple times and just dropped it.

The door opened to reveal poor Remus, who's arrival had been expected by the others. So Peter as a rat was thrown at Remus as soon as Remus appeared. Transforming, Peter took the rat's place on Remus' chest and the lanky boy couldn't handle Peter's weight and toppled backwards.

Laughing, it was Eloise who stood up to help up the two boys, but when she extended her hand to Remus he moved his wand and her hair turned a neon pink. She peered up at the hair and smirked. "Not bad." Remus scrambled to his feet with Eloise's help and the two stared into each other's eyes for a second before Remus transfigured her hair back to it's brown state.

"Alright, now we can move onto the matter that made me summon all of you," James piped up. "Seeing as even Peter has a girlfriend, that leaves our group with only two single people." His eyes fixated on Eloise and Remus, both of whom opened their mouths to counter James.

But they weren't given the chance to speak as Sirius waved his hand. "Now we have found you both excellent dates-"

"Snuffles-"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!"

Eloise's eyes turned murderous as she looked at the punk boy. "Shut it or I tell Benji about your favourite knickers," That shut Sirius up, and he turned away from Benji's questioning look. "Anyway, me and Remus actually had some news to share."

The two shared a giddy look before clasping each other's hands.

"Merlin's balls you fuckers! Took you long enough," James breathed out as Lily wolf whistled at them with a very obvious wink.

Peter and Sirius however were very VERY oblivious. "I'm sorry but what?"

"We're a couple," Remus murmured, cheeks hurting from his smile.

"WHAT?! SINCE WHEN?!?"

a/n
reloise is sailinggggggg!!! *happy dance*
there was so much chaos in this chapter i don't even—
but alsooooooo, technically the first mention of elena (fabian and
valentina's daughter!) (aka, who we will follow in book 3).
but honestly, this reloise kiss has been in my head for ages, i'm so happy
i finally got to share it! but yeah, all the marauders are coupled off now.

also just eloise being the smallest prewett siblings is just
so funny to me because fabian and gideon 100% hold her like a feral fox
all the time, because let's be fair she is. and just the prewett family makes me
so sad and happy and i just—😭🥺😭🥺

let me know your thoughts! be sure to read the latest courageously
or timidly chapter, if you haven't yet.

BTWW i found this amazing tiktok account that you should check out!
@/chanwills0 she does the best mcgonagall impression! like mcgonagall
reacts to hp pickup lines, gives dance class to defeat voldemort in dance battle
and much more. she's amazing and just— i love her.

eloise's outfit ^

funny post

it happened 100% and mcgonagall definitely played along
to cheer up remus.
date published: 28 september 2021
word count: 3682

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.8K 4.5K 52
exiled, lost, and the key to the end in her hands. thanks to the potters, at least she wasn't homeless. -๐—ผ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐˜€ยฉ (James Potter x femOC...
13.1K 564 34
'You can call me anything, for I am many things. But trust me, if you value your life.... Don't Call Me Traitor.' Marauders era. ...
1.3K 84 11
โ ๐ƒ๐Ž ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐๐Š ๐ˆ ๐ƒ๐„๐’๐„๐‘๐•๐„๐ƒ ๐ˆ๐“ ๐€๐‹๐‹? โž โ€• ๐–บ๐–ฟ๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–บ ๐—๐—Ž๐—‹๐—†๐—ˆ๐—‚๐—… ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐–ฝ๐–พ๐–บ๐—๐—๐—Œ ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ป๐–พ๐—๐—‹๐–บ๐—’๐–บ๐—…๐—Œ, ๐–บ ๐—†๐–บ๐—‹๐—‹๐—‚...
150K 4.2K 94
"Thank you." "For what?" "Being there for me." "Like I said, I'll be by your side for eternity." โ€ขMarauders era โ€ขWhen Talea Lupin transferres to Hog...