Immortals (Rick Tyler)

By friendyspiderman

Dinah Lance and Rick Tyler were best friends, until her mother was killed in a gruesome battle against the In... More

Epigraph
Characters
Playlists
Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Book 2 Is Out Now!!

Chapter One

544 22 3
By friendyspiderman

Nine years later

"Di!" Dinah heard Cameron yell as she walked down the hallway.

"Hey Cam."

"Can you look at this new sketch I did? I want your opinion." He said as he handed his sketchbook out to her.

"Oh my god Cam. This is amazing. The detail on the flowers is incredible."

"Thanks."

They were interrupted as they saw some jocks picking on a girl named Yolonda.

"Hey! Leave her alone." Dinah called out to them.

"Or what?" They replied.

Dinah stepped closer to them. "You really want to mess with me?" She asked, staring the guy down.

"Come on guys, let's get out of here."

"That's what I thought."

"You didn't need to do that. I had it under control." Yolonda said to Dinah.

"I just wanted to help out Yolonda. I hate bullies."

"Yeah well I had it under control." Yolonda said as she zipped up her backpack and walked off.

Dinah sighed as her and Cameron continued walking.

"I feel so bad for her." Cameron said.

"Me too. I just wish everyone knew the truth about what really happened that day."

"Well we could tell everyone."

"And who would believe us? We would be going up against the queen b and everyone is terrified of her. Even if people did believe us, no one is going to go against her."

Rick Harris walked by at that moment, him and Dinah making eye contact.

"I still don't understand what happened with you guys." Cameron said.

"His uncle is what happened. He threatened my dad if either of us came near them."

"Why?"

"I don't know." Dinah replied, even though she did know why.

"Hey, do you wanna go to the drive in movie tonight? My dad's working late."

"He's been working late a lot recently."

"Yeah. He's working on a big project."

"Okay. A movie sounds great. You wanna stop at the diner first to get food?"

"Of course. We can't break our ritual."

"I think if we broke our ritual, the whole world would crumble."

"True. So I guess for the sake of humanity, we better not."

"Agreed."

"Alright. Meet me at my locker after school?"

"Yup."

Later that evening, Cameron and Dinah sat in the diner eating their food.

"So did you hear there's a new girl?" Dinah asked.

"Yeah. Courtney Whitmore."

"Oh you know her name already?" Dinah asked with a smirk.

"It's not like that. She's in my last period. She sits behind me. She is kinda cute though."

"Just kinda?" Dinah teased.

"I literally just met her Di."

"I know. Well if this does turn into something more, I'm going to need her address, phone number, social security number, and all of her social media accounts to run a background check. Also, I need to meet her to get a feel for the type of person she is."

"You are ridiculous. Sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with you."

"You love me. And I'm just being a good friend. I know you would do the same if a guy was interested in me."

"That I would." Cameron said, taking a sip of his drink.

"We better go if we're going to make the movie." Dinah said looking at her phone.

"I'm going to get us some snacks." Dinah said as she exited her car.

"Get me the usual."

"What's the magic word?"

"Pleeeaaasssseeee?" Cameron drug out.

"Alright. I'll be back."

As she walked towards the concession stand, she saw a hooded figure walking towards Henry's car.

"That's weird. That almost looks like the cosmic staff." Dinah muttered to herself as she went to get a closer look.

Henry and his friends noticed what was happening and ran over to stop the masked person.

Suddenly, the cosmic staff shot out an energy blast and blew up the car.

"Oh my god." Dinah said.

She watched as the masked person ran off, and decided to run after her.

"Hey!" She called out. "Stop!"

The masked person stopped and turned around, the mask no longer covering the girl's face.

"Where did you get that cosmic staff?" Dinah asked.

Instead of responding, the girl flew off with the cosmic staff.

"This is not good." Dinah said as she went back to the movie.

"What took so long? I was worried especially after that car blew up." Cameron said when Dinah returned.

"Sorry. The line was long." She replied as she dropped all the snacks in her car.

Later on after dropping Cameron home, Dinah walked into her house.

"Dad." She called out. "We have an issue."

She walked in the kitchen, only to be greeted by her father and another man.

"Oh hi." She said.

"Hey sweetheart. Sorry. Pat and I were just finishing talking. Remember when I would talk about Stripsey? This is him."

"Oh hi. I've heard so much about you." Dinah said as she shook his hand.

"I've heard a lot about you too Dinah. I was really close with your folks. Your dad tells me you've inherited your mom's power?"

"Yeah."

"Pat and his family just moved to Blue Valley. He has a stepdaughter your age."

Pat pulled out his phone and showed her a picture. "Her name's Courtney."

Dinah thought back to what Cam had said about the new girl. "Her last name wouldn't happen to be Whitmore would it?"

"Matter of fact it is. Did you meet her at school?"

"No. My friend has a class with her and mentioned her earlier."

Dinah looked at the picture again and realized that Courtney was the girl from earlier that had the cosmic staff.

"Pat, did you happen to take the cosmic staff after everything happened ten years ago?"

"Well yes, yes I did. Why do you ask?"

"No reason. Just curious what happened to it."

"Well I better get going. Good catching up with you Larry. And nice to finally meet you Dinah. I hope you get to meet Courtney."

"Yeah...me too." Dinah replied.

Larry led Pat out and came back.

"So what was this about a problem? And why all the questions to Pat?"

"Cam and I went to the drive in tonight. I went to get snacks and I saw someone with something that looked like the cosmic staff go up the Henry's car and start messing with the tire. I went to get a closer look and Henry and his friends noticed what was happening at the same time and ran over. The staff lit up and blasted the car, causing an explosion. Then the masked person ran off with the staff and I chased after."

"Dinah." Her father sighed.

"I know, I know. I shouldn't have done that but I was pretty sure it was the cosmic staff and now I know it was for sure because guess who was holding it? Courtney Whitmore."

"She was?"

"Yup. She flew off before I could ask her questions."

"I'll talk to Pat in the morning. He'll probably find out when he gets home that she took it. Why don't you get some rest sweetheart?"

"Okay. I love you dad."

"Love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 929 31
Joanna Seward Johnny Christ's favorite cousin, wakes up in bed with Zacky Baker the day after Matt's wedding; both recently been dumped by their resp...
24K 306 20
A pitch perfect story Baby Allen is the younger sister of the 'famous' leader of the trebles. She loves causing trouble and messing with the Bella's...
6.1K 247 8
what could be so wrong with a girl and a werewolf? sounds like a fantasy ( wyatt lykensen x oc ) ( ZOMBIES 2-3 ) ( 2022 )
43.7K 1.6K 17
"I realized I'm in love. It's always been right in front of me." | AHS 1984 | | BOBBY RICHTER | | COMPLETED DEC 2019 | *DISCLAIMER: I NOT NOT OWN AH...