The Better Ones [JeongMin]

jeongmin- द्वारा

Jimin and Jeongyeon constantly spread nasty rumors about each other in their campus. 𝙖 𝙟𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙮𝙚𝙤𝙣 𝙭... अधिक

Foreword
Characters/OST Bank
Prologue: Miss Cupid
Chapter 1: The Pharktom
Chapter 2: He's Everywhere
Chapter 3: Something About Him
The Bulletproof Update #1
Chapter 4: Confusions
The Bulletproof Update #2
Chapter 5: The Perfect Girl
The Cypher Update #1
The Bulletproof Update #3
Chapter 6: Nobody, Somebody
The Cypher Update #2
Chapter 7: Friends or Foes
Chapter 8: Shining
The Bulletproof Update #4.1
The Bulletproof Update #4.2
Chapter 9: For a Show I
Chapter 10: For a Show II
The Cypher Update #3
The Cypher Update #4
Chapter 11: Controlled Emotions
Popcorn, Parkies! Update #1
The Bulletproof Update #5
Chapter 12: He-hello
The Cypher Update #5
The Cypher Update #6
Chapter 14: Like Him, Like Her
Park Jimin Update #1
Park Jimin Update #2
Chapter 15: The Protector
Chapter 16: Gut Feelings
Always Here
The Cypher Update #7
The Cypher Update #8
Popcorn, Parkies! Update #2
Chapter 17: Welcome Back
Chapter 18: Park Jimin I
Chapter 19: Park Jimin II
Chapter 20: Are You Okay?
Popcorn, Parkies! Update #3
Chapter 21: Pretend Play
The Cypher Update #9
Chapter 22: Five Harsh People
A Little Update
Chapter 23: Yoo Jeongyeon I
Chapter 24: Closure I
Chapter 25: Kim Taehyung
Chapter 26: Nayeon and Hoseok Time
Chapter 27: Playtime
Chapter 28: Dandelion

Chapter 13: Interests and Whereabouts

329 33 31
jeongmin- द्वारा

The girls were waiting for Dahyun's answer. Would she join them or not?

Dahyun: I— uhhhh... I can't. Sorry.

Sana: That's sad. You would meet Taehyung-oppa if you'd join.

Dahyun: I'm fine. I have other matters right now. Sorry. Maybe next time?

Jeongyeon: Arasseo. Next time then.

Dahyun: I have to get going now. Thanks! *bowed and hurriedly left*

Once Dahyun set her feet outside the cafeteria, she dialed Jimin's phone number.

Dahyun: Yah, oppa!

Jimin: Oh, Dubu. What's up?

Dahyun: Where are you? Can we meet somewhere?

Jimin: Hmmmm, I'm on my way to Better Butter. But we can meet somewhere else, of course. Uhh... why so sudden?

Dahyun: I'll explain later.

They went on discussing where they should go then, and it was in a pub quite far from the University and Better Butter.

Meanwhile, after Dahyun left the group, Mina suggested for them to split up.

Mina: Jeongyeon-unnie, I heard that Taehyung gives you his schedules. Can you check his class if it got extended?

Jeongyeon: Arasseo.

Mina: Uhmm, Sana-unnie, can you check if he's in his locker? And Jihyo, I suggest you stay here in case he comes back.

Jihyo: Okay. Good plan.

Jeongyeon: Aigoo, I'm so hungry, I'm gonna pinch him when I see him.

Mina: 😅😅😅 I'll check their headquarters then.

Sana: Okay, let's update each other on our group chat.

Mina, Sana, and Jeongyeon left Jihyo in the cafeteria then to look for Taehyung. As they agreed upon, Jeongyeon and Sana updated them via their group chat, confirming that they didn't find Taehyung. Mina, on the other hand, entered The Cypher's headquarters and sighed after seeing him there— sleeping.

She slowly walked to where he was and gently shook him.

Mina: *silently* Oppa?

It took almost a minute before he became conscious and sat up. He yawned and sighed before speaking.

Taehyung: Mina... Minari.

A moment later, the other girls received a message from Mina informing them that Taehyung was sick and had to accompany him in going home, but she promised to come to the diner from Taehyung's home. They understood and left without them.

〰️

Dahyun had been whining to Jimin about her being involved in The Cypher and The Bulletproof for straight ten minutes now. She revealed to him that she never wanted that job, but Seokjin insisted because of a favor she owed to him.

Dahyun: It sucks. And it sucks even more that the favor no longer matters. I let it slip off my fingers.

She was referring to Eunwoo— her now ex-boyfriend. She mentioned that they met because of Jin's help by telling her his interests and whereabouts.

Jimin: So you're basically a stalker. You even joined the paper even if you didn't want to just to get closer to Jin. Wow. You should've just applied to the Student Council.

Dahyun: I can't, organizations have been bugging me to join them officially, and I refused them all. If I suddenly join the council, they'd hate me. At least, in the paper, I'll be able to hide my identity. Anyway, as I was saying, we met at a bookstore— his favorite bookstore. I bought what he was buying at that time and went behind him in the queue.

Jimin: And then you approached him about the book that you were buying, am I right?

Dahyun: Exactly. I researched about the book. We talked more about it. It sounded like it was destined.

Jimin: *sighs* Wow, that's a lot of effort.

Dahyun: When you start to like someone, you will put in a lot of effort. What can I do? He was my ultimate crush.

Jimin: *scoffs* Jinjja.

Dahyun: That's true. Wae? Haven't you liked someone before?

Jimin: It was a long time ago. I never put any effort, though.

Dahyun: What about now? Do you like someone now?

Jimin thought for a second, and weirdly, an image of Yoo Jeongyeon flashed in his mind. He suddenly felt like something stomped on his chest down to his stomach, and it lingered.

Jimin: I— I don't... have.

I don't know...

Dahyun: You don't have? That's boring. A lot of girls like you, not interested in any of them? Sowon's pretty. She's clearly into you.

Jimin: She's not my type.

Dahyun: That was straightforward, huh. Hmmm... I think there's someone who might actually like you. It's just that she's not admitting it.

Jimin: Wh— who?

Dahyun: Secret!

Jimin: I don't really care about such a thing.

Dahyun: You don't really know? You should know, she's always around you too.

Jimin: *raises his eyebrows* Jinjja?

Dahyun: Ahuh! You are interested!

Jimin: Psh.

Dahyun: But then again, I am not sure. But fine, I'll tell you.

Jimin waited attentively.

Dahyun: I think Nayeon-unnie likes you.

Jimin: Nayeon? *scoffs* That can't be true.

Dahyun: And if it is? Would you give her a chance?

Jimin: I'm not interested in her. She's our senior.

Dahyun: Understood. Hmmm, if you ever start to like someone, don't forget to tell me, arasseo?

Jimin: Then I'm not gonna tell you anything anytime soon. Uhhh... Dahyunie, by the way, just to be clear, I feel sorry about how you feel all in all. But you still have to fulfill your promise to me since I also fulfilled your dare last time. You get what I mean, right?

Dahyun: Aishhh! I thought I'd change your mind. Oppa! Please don't do this to me. 😫

Jimin: Aniya, my mind won't change.

Jimin made it clear that he wouldn't be able to support Dahyun in case she got drunk a little too much, so he pushed her to go home when she started to get tipsy.

He was scanning his Instagram newsfeed during his bus ride on his way home when The Cypher's new post caught his attention. It was Jeongyeon's photo with a caption asking for the followers to share interesting stories they know about Jeongyeon— the post was under Dubu's name.

〰️

Seokjin was not very happy to see that Dahyun openly involved herself in Jimin and Jeongyeon's business, so he called for a sudden meeting the next day.

Jin: Where's Taehyung?

Nayeon: I heard he's sick or something.

Jin: Arasseo. I'll go straight to the point. From here on, I will not allow anyone to post just anything without my permission. If you want to keep your job here and get allowances, behave rightfully.

Dahyun: So am I being kicked out?

Jin: Yours is a different story. Should I keep on reminding you?

Dahyun: *sighs* I'm just making it easier for Jimin-oppa.

Jin: Dahyunie, be grateful that Taehyung isn't here.

Dahyun: Hmm?

Jin: Are you aware of how close he is with Jeongyeon?

Dahyun: I guess?

Jin: Don't make him even more irritated; he'll leave the paper.

Dahyun: So what? We could find another photographer around the campus.

Jin: No one comes close to Taehyung and Sana when it comes to photography so far. I don't wanna take the risk of losing the guy.

Nayeon: He's right. And what's next once he leaves us? He'd definitely try to join Bulletproof. I'm sure that Namjoon wouldn't even think twice.

Jin: I've already archived the post.

Jimin: Huh? But Dahyun's right. It could help me!

Jin: Again—

Jimin: Taehyung's not gonna leave the paper. He already announced that last time, have you forgotten?

Jin: Still. Better to be careful. Anyway, the messages are enough. You only need at least five stories for next week, right? Try to check them all. After that, let's discontinue all these Jeongyeon stuff.

Jimin: M— mwo? We're stopping? But we're receiving a lot of interactions lately because of it.

Jin: Yes, and The Bulletproof does too. We're neck to neck with them, and I don't like that. I want us to be ahead of them like before. We have to look for other content.

Jimin: Ridiculous. If you'd remove this content, you're giving them the upper hand.

Dahyun: I agree with Jimin. As much as I don't like the other stuff, Seokjin-oppa— you know what I am talking about— the allowance that I get here helps me a lot. If we lose to them drastically, the admins might significantly cut our budget too. Would you afford that?

Jin: What do you suggest?

Dahyun: Project Shield! What else.

Nayeon: It's still on? What exactly is it?

Jin: Don't concern yourself about it.

Nayeon: But oppa!! *using her aegyo voice*

Jimin: Jinjja 😐😐😐

〰️

He was lying on his bed when Jimin began scanning all the messages that they received regarding Jeongyeon. He read them all, and he was confused as some of those made him smile automatically.

For instance, someone mentioned that she would always see Jeongyeon leaving food for a stray cat back in high school. This particular story hit him differently as he also had soft spots for cats.

There was also a testimony about Jeongyeon getting bullied in middle school after asking the sender to join her during lunch breaks. What happened was, this specific person was labeled as fake for backstabbing their classmates and teachers.

Sender: I still can't think of any good reason why she allowed me to be friends with her despite how I treated our classmates. We never even talked before that. I am so thankful to her; she opened my eyes. From then on, I promised myself to be a better person.

Jimin sighed after reading more messages. He locked his phone and put it down his chest. He closed his eyes, and in the next few minutes, he already found himself in a forest.

Nobody was chasing him, but he felt like running. He didn't stop, and he noticed that he was smiling as he ran. He kept going until the scenery changed— he was already on the edge of a cliff.

He looked down because he knew he wanted to jump, but he was afraid. He looked down, and he only saw clouds.

He then danced.

He laughed as he danced. Then he heard someone telling him to jump, not to be frightened. He couldn't figure out who the person was behind the voice. Was it a girl's voice? He was not certain. It could be a man's voice. Nevertheless, he jumped. He was still laughing but got tears flowing.

Jimin only realized that his eyes were closed when he opened them and saw Jeongyeon hugging him— holding onto him. She had wings, and they were flying. She stared at him coldly, and then she slowly leaned closer to his neck and kissed him.

His breath hitched, and he closed his eyes once more. However, after doing so, everything faded away, and like any other dream, he was brought to another dimension. He could no longer remember the rest of it.

〰️

Jeongyeon was eating alone in the cafeteria when Jimin saw her. After buying snacks, he proceeded to sit across her then drank from her water jug.

Jeongyeon: Aishib— mwo?

Jimin: Is it your lunchtime? Where are Taehyung and the rest?

Jeongyeon: Oppa is absent. It's not yet my lunchtime which explains why I am alone.

Jimin: Huh? You cut class?

Jeongyeon: Ne.

Jimin: I did too.

Jeongyeon: Wae?

Jimin: I'm hungry.

Jeongyeon: Me too.

Jimin: *caresses the side of his neck while looking at Jeongyeon, who was eating* Jeongyeona. Are you perhaps... a vampire?

Jeongyeon: 😑😑😑 What is it? What are you trying to pull off?

Jimin: No—nothing. Mian. *sighs* By the way, don't forget. Tomorrow's the day. Remember your promise to Roseann.

Jeongyeon: Omo. I forgot to tell you. I can't come.

Jimin: Mwo?? You can't do that. Rosé will be pissed.

Jeongyeon: At me? We're not really friends anyway.

Jimin: At me!

Jeongyeon: Wae?? I'm not your responsibility. Explain to her that you hate seeing me.

Jimin: What?

Jeongyeon: She'd understand.

Jimin: *sighs* If I hate seeing you, I wouldn't have seated here.

Jeongyeon: I have to go, Park. *stood up and took her utensils to the cleaning area*

He felt irritated after she left him alone. He sure was hungry but couldn't even open his mouth nor move his arms to eat.

Another minute had passed, and he received a text message.

Text Message:

Jeongyeon: Mian, I am not
in the mood to play games with
you today and maybe even
tomorrow, so I had to tell you
I can't come. It's the day of the month.
You know what I mean, right?
If there's a vampire, it's my pad.
Sucking my blood. kkkk.
Okay. I got your number from oppa.
I'm blocking you now.
Bye.

He smiled like crazy after reading the text message. What was crazier was how she could shift his mood that instantly.

〰️

The Cypher proceeded to their Jeongyeon Week agenda. Jeongyeon was expecting some horrible twisted stories that would be thrown, but they were not that bad.

They started with the one where she spilled boiling water on her classmate's parent's feet. However, she was in primary school at that time, so she believed she should be excused.

Jihyo: Aniya. You knew what was right and wrong at that time. Don't try to justify that—God, scary.

Jeongyeon: 😒😒😒

There was also a story about her starting an epidemic in their class. It was, of course, exaggerated.

Jeongyeon: It was winter! Of course, kids get sick. Aishhh! Park Jimin really is an idiot.

And as if the best was saved for last. The final rumor that Jimin posted was about a guy Jeongyeon had a crush on during middle school. Embarrassed didn't even seem to fit how she felt after reading the article as Jimin exposed her letters to that person.

The five of them— Jeongyeon, Jihyo, Sana, Mina, and Taehyung— were in the diner when they read the article. Taehyung was surprisingly entertained by it. Hence he received a glare from Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon: Why the hell did he send those letters??

Sana: But if you'd think about it, why does he still have those letters?

As usual, Jimin was in the corner and eating alone. Jeongyeon was tempted to stride towards him and strangle him, but it just wasn't worth it. She stared at him with annoyance apparent in her face, though. Then he smirked. That damn smirk again— it was like she was going back to the time when they were still 'getting to know each other'.

When Better Butter started to get more customers, Jeongyeon and Jihyo excused themselves to help Sejeong in the kitchen. But a moment later, Jihyo asked Jeongyeon to go outside.

Jihyo: Unnie! It's Jimin again!

Jeongyeon: Huh? What is it?

Jihyo: He's smoking in the No Smoking area again. 😩😩

Jeongyeon: What??

Jihyo: The policemen are nearby. If he'd get caught, we'd be ticketed for not 'informing' our customers. As if they're our obligations.

Jeongyeon: Arasseo. I think I know what I should do. Do you know where they are?

The policemen were nearby like what Jihyo described, so Jeongyeon approached them to report Jimin. His reaction was priceless when he saw the men heading to where he was. He was even more startled when Jeongyeon revealed herself and took a photo of him being pulled away after telling them he didn't bring enough money for the penalty.

Jimin: Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon!

Jeongyeon: I hope this serves as a lesson to you. 😏

Jimin: Wait, sir! Please let me explain!

Policeman: Explain in the precinct. Let's go.

Jeongyeon: *left to go back in the diner*

Jimin: That wicked— Yah!! Yoo Jeongyeon! Come back!

One of the policemen explained to Jimin that he needed to stay in the jail until he'd pay the fine. They also advised him just to call anyone from his family to bail him out.

Jimin: But— I left my phone in the car! How would I know their number?

Policeman: That's sad.

Jimin: Come on! Be considerate. This was the first time police officers took me. My parents would worry if they wouldn't hear from me.

The policemen started to ignore him when an idea struck him.

Jimin: Ah! There's a phone number that I memorize well.

Policeman: Jinjja? Good. Use the phone. Put it on loudspeaker. Just to make sure you won't be contacting terrorists.

Jimin: Ne. *starts dialing*

Jihyo: Hello? Better Butter here. How may we help you?

Jimin: Jihyo? Sejeong?

Jihyo: Sorry, who's this?

Jimin: Jimin!

Jihyo: Jimin? Wae?

Jimin: Where's Jeongyeon?

Jihyo: Wae? We're busy.

Jimin: Wait! I'm in jail. Please help me get out of here. If I had my phone now, I wouldn't bother you.

Jihyo: What?? *laughs* She's crazy!

Jimin: Yes. She's a witch. Please, tell her to bail
me out of here.

Jihyo: Arasseo, let me see what I can do. I can't guarantee anything, though. You know how she is, right?

Jimin: If she wouldn't come, would you ask Sejeong instead? Or you!

Jihyo: Ah, I think it would be wiser if I ask Sejeong-unnie first. She wouldn't mind for sure.

Jimin: Aniya. I want Jeongyeon.

Jihyo: Ohhhh?

Jimin: What I mean is... she put me here, so she has to get me out of here. Why do I even have to explain?

Jihyo: *laughs* I was only teasing you, oppa. Arasseo. I'll make sure your muse gets there.

Jimin: What the hell? Okay. Thank you, Jihyo. I owe you.

Jihyo: Okay, bye. *ends the phone call*

Jimin: *put the phone down* Kamsahamnida.

Policeman: Really? A diner? You memorize a diner's phone number and not your parents?

Jimin: What are you talking about? Who memorizes parents' phone numbers? 😒

Jimin was already in the prison cell and close to dozing off when he heard a familiar voice echoing throughout the station. He stood up, holding the jail bars. His mood lightened up seeing Jeongyeon talking to the chief. They went towards him afterward and let him go.

Jeongyeon: Thank you! *bows to the policeman and starts walking afterward*

Jimin followed her outside and thanked her, but she kept on ignoring him.

Jimin: Yah, come on. Talk to me.

Jeongyeon: Shouldn't you hate me? I sent you there.

Jimin: I contemplated while in the cell. If you didn't do that, Better Butter would suffer. I deserved that.

Jeongyeon: You earned a bit of common sense while you were there, huh? Nice.

Jimin: What took you so long?

Jeongyeon: We had to make sure the diner's not packed before leaving. Also, I walked.

Jimin: It's pretty far.

Jeongyeon: I know. You have to walk too.

Jimin: *sighs* Okay.

Jeongyeon: Carry me.

Jimin: *stopped walking* HUH??!!! 😐

Jeongyeon: *aegyo* Carry me, oppa. 🥺👉🏻👈🏻

Jimin: *mumbles* Fuck. Don't test me.

Jeongyeon: What?

Jimin: Did I say something?

Jeongyeon: Anyway, I bet you won't even be able to carry me. We basically have the same height.

Jimin: Not my height, please.

Jeongyeon: Wae?

Jimin: Just... stop talking now.

Jeongyeon: Why did you ask if I am a vampire?

Jimin: Nothing.

Jeongyeon: Wae?

Jimin: I said... nothing.

Jeongyeon: Would you like me to bite your neck for you to be sure?

She playfully leaned towards Jimin's neck when he caught her by her shoulders. His eyes looked fierce and serious when he stared at her. She gulped.

Jimin: Don't. Don't do that. You wouldn't know what you could do to me, and I could do to you.

Jeongyeon: *shrugged* Let me go then. *walked faster*

Jimin: Yah! Wait for me. I mean, of course, I wouldn't do anything to you. You're not even my type. *chuckles and snorts*

Jeongyeon: You're not mine too.

Jimin: I like someone fierce in anything. Whatever she does, her appearance, her gestures.

Jeongyeon: Someone hot, you mean?

Jimin: Right.

Jeongyeon: Is Momo hot?

Jimin: Very.

Jeongyeon: Oh. Hmmm, I want someone much taller than me, like Taehyung-oppa.

Jimin: I see. Are you always like that, carefree and careless?

Jeongyeon: I'm only like that to Taehyung-oppa because we are close. He wouldn't take advantage of me. I just know.

Jimin: Oh. Okay. Don't you think... he falls for you every time you act like that?

Jeongyeon: What? I— I don't think so. W—wae?

Jimin: Just wondering. He seems like he's very protective of you.

Jeongyeon: That's just natural!

They continued walking, and as soon as the diner was in their sight, Jimin spoke again.

Jimin: We always run around each other.

Jeongyeon: Uhhh.

Jimin: That time when we both cut classes, I didn't have a bit of an idea that you would be in the cafeteria, nor you'd miss class too.

Jeongyeon: *turned her head on him* Hmm?

Jimin: Also, remember when you first saw Seulgi in the vinyl shop?

Jeongyeon: Wait— how did you—

Jimin: I was there too. I didn't know you'd be there, but you were there.

Jeongyeon: I don't understand what you want to say.

Jimin: You collect vinyl?

Jeongyeon: Yes.

Jimin: Me too. I didn't know that you did too.

Jeongyeon: Why are you telling me these?

Jimin: Nothing. I just feel like talking about it this time rather than keeping it in my mind.

〰️

A/N: Last Saturday was my birthday, and I was supposed to post this update that day, but I couldn't finish writing. Hehe. Hope you like this. 💕

Have you guys already watched Squid Game? 🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

9.6K 493 10
"𝖨'𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅 𝗐𝗁𝗈 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗇 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽 𝗎𝗉𝗌𝗂𝖽𝖾 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇." \\ bookone of his target. In which Myoui Mina was in a t...
40.9K 1.6K 27
a min yoongi x park jihyo fanfic. #2 in yoongyo 05/09/18 #51 in bangtwice 05/09/18 #6 in yoonghyo 03/20/20
16.6K 848 22
Jeongyeon, a multi-millionaire heir meets Jimin, a stripper. Jimin, her sperm donor 5 years ago. Jimin, the father of her child. 𝙖 𝙟𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙮𝙚𝙤�...
104K 4.4K 35
They've got the wrong girl. Now, it's time to face the consequences. WARNING: Might contain mature contents. Best rankings: #1 sakook #1 btstwice