Without Her

By niaa_writes

"someone to hold his finger when I leave his hand" Hardin and Tessa learn the truth about Tessa's health, whe... More

chapter 1 - drifted
chapter 2 - not again..
chapter 3 - tired
chapter 5 - alarmed
chapter 6 - a tumor?
chapter 7 - he's here
chapter 8 - changing
chapter 9 - results
chapter 10 - need to process
chapter 11 - he would do this for me?
chapter 12 - I didn't mean it
chapter 13 - a year into this
chapter 14 - impromptu plans
chapter 15 - road trip (1)
chapter 16 - road trip (2)
chapter 17 - checking off things
chapter 18 - surprises
chapter 19 - new year party :(:
chapter 20 - forgive me?
chapter 21 - high risk
chapter 22 - blueberry or blueberries?
chapter 23 - perfect day
chapter 24 - anything for the list
chapter 25 - flip of time
chapter 26 - losing hope
chapter 27 - unprogressive
chapter 28 - and it begins
chapter 29 - s̶k̶i̶n̶n̶y̶ d̶i̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶
chapter 30 - all too well
chapter 31 - misfortune
chapter 32 - dramatic, isn't it?
chapter 33 - temporary
chapter 34 - everything changes
chapter 35 - at the edge
chapter 36 - without her
chapter 37 - the end
epilogue

chapter 4 - something is wrong

1.5K 70 16
By niaa_writes

Tessa's POV:

Kimberly is coming to New York today and I am so thrilled to have her. I have missed her so much and except Landon, she's the only one I can vent to. We're meeting after months and I cannot wait for us to gossip, get drunk and cry about our lives.

Hardin has gone away for the weekend, I am still not on speaking terms with him after he left me alone in the cinema. It was such an emotional movie and I didn't know if I was crying about Will and Stella's or my own destroyed love life.

It's around 10 in the morning and after finishing the chores and getting ready, I head out for the airport. My phone rings and Hardin's name appears on the screen. He's not the first person I wanna talk to today so I ignore it and move on with my day.

Kimberly asked me not to bring a sign for her at the airport and I exactly did that. I hold up a board saying 'Kimberly Vance' that I prepared just last night. Hardin would never let me do this so I took advantage of him not being here.

I spot her coming outside the gates and she breaks into laughter seeing that sign. Her face really lights up the whole mood.

"Tessa!" she comes running in her heels and wraps her arms around me as I do the same.

"Oh Kim!" I hug her tighter.

We are interrupted by a man who is tapping on my shoulder, wanting to hand me the sign I threw in his face when Kim came.

"I'm so sorry, thank you" I take the board from him and he leaves after giving me a sympathetic smile.

We laugh and get in the car, after loading all her luggage in the backseat of my car.

"I missed you so much" she says getting in the passenger seat.

"Me too" I look at her and we both exchange a smile.

We talk and talk and talk about stuff till we get to my apartment. It was a half hour drive which turned into an hour and half because of New York's traffic.

"So have you been to the doctor yet?" she asks as we enter the apartment. She has been insisting on me to go to the doctor because I've been falling sick a lot lately. But I think it's because of the climate change and I don't need to visit a doctor.

"I haven't. I'm fine now it just comes and goes" I tell her, half lying by saying that I'm fine.

"You should really visit him once at least. Just wanna make sure it's nothing severe because you look so pale" she sighs, pushing the hair behind my face.

"It's just been a stressful week" I bite my lips together in a line, trying not to breakout so early.

"It'll be fine, I'm sure" she gives me her best smile. "I'm starving ugh, what you got in here?" she enters the kitchen, already making her feel home which I admire.

We settle down for breakfast and keep talking. I tell her all about the stuff going on with Hardin and like an advice queen she is, she suggests that I treat him the way I'm being treated. And she's not wrong, Hardin should get a taste of his own medicine.

"You know," she says taking a bit of her toast. "I am telling you, these men will always come to you sooner or later. Without their wives, they can't live" she shrugs and I laugh.

"True but I am waiting for it. Work is Hardin's wife now" I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"I know it's hard, but I just know he'll come back to you because hello? He's Hardin. Even if I take you with me for a week, he'll come running to get you" she chuckles as if it's a fact.

"No. That's changed not. I don't think he cares that way now. The work trip we're taking, I haven't told him because I know it wont matter to him if I'm in New York or Argentina" I state the hard truth and her expression changes to worried.

"Hey listen. These hard times appear in everyone's marriage and we're bound to make it through this. And you- I mean you guys have been through worse. The most drama filled couple I've known! So I'm positive that this is gonna back to normal soon, Tessa" she keeps her hand on mine and gives it a slight stroke.

"Thank you, I hope it does because I am exhausted, waiting for him"

"I know honey" she clicks her tongue.

Hardin comes home tomorrow and we leave for LA tomorrow. As much as I want to talk to him, I need time away from him. So it's for the best I guess.

Hardin's POV:

Tessa hasn't been picking up my calls or answer my texts. I wanted to tell her that I'm coming back tonight for her but she is hell bent on ignoring me, for which I don't blame her.

It's around 7 pm and I wonder if she's home because she has been attending late meetings at her office. I get to the apartment and it is empty, as I expected. There are a few suitcases and my heart skips a beat.

Is she leaving me? She cant. I'm her damn husband. She won't leave like this. But this is hell a lot of bags.

I throw my bag aside and run into out room and open her closet, her clothes are still inside. So what is she doing with the bags?

I call her office and her assistant picks up to inform me that she is not in the office tonight.

I ring her and it goes straight to voicemail

"Tess it's Hardin, I need you to call me back or just let me know where the fuck are you. Please" I leave a message.

After debating myself a lot, I open one of the bags and it's just women clothes and jewelry, stuff. Then it clicks me that Kim might have arrived. Tessa had mentioned Kim was coming to visit but it didn't cross my mind.

Of course the two besties might be having the time of their lives after being reunited after months.

I keep every thought aside, change into my boxers and hit the bed. It's been such a hectic day and I need some sleep right now.

Tessa's POV:

"Can I have my phone back?" I ask Kim and she shakes her head. "What if Charlotte is calling?" I say and she gives me an annoyed look.

"Listen, you're the boss. Nothing's gonna happen. You need to chill out a little. Stress stress, so much stress" she mimics an explosion and I laugh.

"Fine. Where are we going?" I give up and decide to obey her orders.

"There's this amazing steakhouse I've heard of and I've been wanting to try it since forever. We can go there and hit the bar later"

"Maybe just the steakhouse" I negotiate.

"No, and you need alcohol more than anyone right now. I'm not saying we should get drunk and all, but we could just have a few refreshing mocktails and hit on a few guys" she gasps.

"You do know we both are married right?" I remind her and she whistles.

She removes her wedding ring and pops it in her purse. "Not tonight" she says and I gasp. Watching my reaction, she laughs "Chill Tessa, it's just a bit messing around. We're not gonna cheat on our husbands. With the wedding rings, we get older women looks and I fucking hate that" she rolls her eyes.

My car has been loaded with her shopping bags. Whenever she comes here, it's the same routine. And I live for her priceless excitement about shopping even though she has every possible thing she would want.

I am not that hungry and it looks like I've lost my appetite because I haven't really eaten anything much in days.

"Your cough is getting worse huh?" she says, chewing her steak gladly.

"Yeah, I have some meds at home" I cough again and she looks at me with pity.

"You're getting sick Tessa, again" she puts her steak down and her tone shifts to anger filled with concern. "I am getting worried for you"

"It's nothing Kim. I'm sure it'll go away" I grab a tissue to cover my mouth.

"You've been saying that for months now Tessa. This is unacceptable. You're an adult and you need to take care of yourself" she stands up and walks away to bring me a bottle of water instead of asking the waiters here.

I am left stunned when I notice the red spot in the tissue I've been coughing on. This can't be blood- I cough into another clean tissue which also turns read.

"Here you go" Kim approaches the table and I quickly put the tissues away before she notices.

I grab the bottle and gulp down the water, ignoring the pain in my throat after tiring it from coughing so much. Kim is saying something but all I could think about is that blood.

There is something wrong with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647K 28.1K 20
"Pass me a cigarette, huh?" "Pass your classes, huh?"
934 155 36
#Book 1 in the Broken series. © ######### WARNING: Before you embark on this, please be aware that this book is still under editing and is not comple...
517K 20.1K 64
and that's the thing about illicit affairs and clandestine meetings and longing stares it's born from just one single glance robert pattinson x fem...
255K 7.5K 87
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...