A Different Route ✓

By YaoiYurishipper

What if Ash followed a different route while going on his journey? Instead of following the League route of P... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 7

1.7K 42 0
By YaoiYurishipper

(Hello everyone!
Pokemon is not mine and the pic above is a screenshot from amazon.
The item is available there for those interested in getting it. XDD
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Ash, May and Max travelled through the Hoenn region taking part in gym challenges, frontier battles and contests while also training together. During their travels, they had run into Team Aqua and Team Magma more than once. It had grated on Ash's nerves a lot that he actually called Jessie, James and Meowth to help him. The three had been surprised at the call coming from Hoenn but did not complain. Kanto and Jhoto was starting to get boring without their favorite twerp and they applied for transfer to Hoenn. Giovanni was truly surprised by their request when he got it on his desk and called them.

Giovanni, "What is the real reason? You three are my best subordinates and are more successful than others."

Archer, Giovanni's right hand spoke, "Correct, your idea of finding trainers that are abusive and taking their Pokemon legally is very effective."

James preened, "Thank you, boss."

Jessie stood proud, "We just got intel about the two teams there from one of our contacts."

Giovanni's eyes sharpened, "You have a contact there? Since when?"

Meowth, "Sory, we didn't tel ya bfore boss. He's new at da job."

Archer frowned, "And yet you sent him to a different region?"

James, "No one knows about him being our informant. In fact most think he is a beginner trainer."

Giovanni raised an eyebrow, "I see, and he can be trusted?"

James nodded, "He has been informing us on the on goings as well as sent us a recording of the Indigo League winner and Orange League Champion battling Team Aqua."

Jessie grinned, "You won't have to worry about him putting his nose is your business boss. According to our informant he is there to take part in the League and Battle Frontier."

Archer's grip tightened, "He has been invited to the Battle Frontier."

Meowth nodded, "Our informnt saw it wit hs own two eyes, sir."

Giovanni looked at the file he had on a certain raven haired trainer, "I see. Very well, permission granted."

James, "Thank you boss!"

Jessie, "We won't let you down!"

Meowth, "We'll kip n eye out fr Pokemon we c'n add ta our rosters."

Giovanni waved them away and the three left after saluting, "They have grown up."

Archer, "Boss?"

Giovanni, "Nothing. Procure a team and train them to either receive new Pokemon from Hoenn or to dispatch to Hoenn, should the need rises."

Archer, "You are letting them go, just like that?"

Giovanni, "I'm not a fool, Archer. I know very well how much some of my subordinates almost messed up to the point, our bases across Kanto and Jhoto were almost caught."

Archer, "Boss, you really suspect that the Champion is the one informing them or they are the ones informing the Champion."

Giovanni, "It is a risky relationship they created with that child. But I'm willing to ignore it, considering the results."

Archer frowned, "You are hoping he will succeed in destroying Team Aqua and Magma?"

Giovanni gave a smirk, "Yes, indeed. Like my late Mother, always advised me before she passed away. Why make a powerful enemy when you can gain better benefits from an understanding with your enemy? An enemy you can keep an eye on will never let you down."

Archer nodded, "Understood boss."

Archer hummed as he left the boss's office, it was true his boss may be a villain, but he was also still a businessman. A businessman who knew how to grab opportunities as they come without hesitation. Although he was reluctant to get involved with the Champion, he could also see the benefits. He only hoped that his boss had back up plans should this go FUBAR on them.

Back in Hoenn Ash was getting a headache, they were traveling to another town for May's contest and his own battle when they were accosted by Team Aqua. As it turns out they wanted to take Ash with them to their base, May and Max however refused to let them kidnap him in broad daylight. Team Aqua had researched the Champion's background and realized he had a good rapport with Lugia and wanted to use that connection to call on Kyogre.

Ash was muttering, "Stay calm! Stay calm! Stay calm!"

Max deadpanned, "Lugia is a flying and psychic type."

May gritted, "Not a water type! So why?"

Matt one of Team Aqua admins spoke, "Lugia lives under the ocean despite the typing. Not to forget it doesn't hurt to have a Legendary Pokemon on the side."

Ash didn't know if he was stupid or born stupid, "Bold of you to assume he is one of my Pokemon."

Shelly, "Enough talk! Kid, come with us and we won't hurt your... What are you to him anyway? Students? You know what doesn't matter."

Max scowled, "Like we would tell you, Tauros take down! Swellow quick attack!"

May, "Beautifly use stun spore! Combusken flame charge!"

Ash, "Blaziken brave bird followed by sword dance, Swampert water pulse, eat it and use hydro pump, Grovyle energy ball, eat it and shoot solar beam."

Shelly, "Cloyster hydro pump, Crawdaunt sword dance!"

Matt, "Poliwrath hydro pump and Crawdaunt use dark pulse."

They battled till a certain trio landed between them and gave their signature laugh and introduction. Team Aqua would have ignored them except for one problem, James showed a briefcase holding a glowing orbs inside. Shelly and Matt gaped before becoming furious, they turned to Ash and the two kids before giving a tch and leaving.

Matt, "This is not over, we'll be back brats!"

Max, "Well.... That was anti climatic."

May, "Good for us though, who were those three anyway?"

Ash, "They were Team Rocket."

Max gaped, "That's the criminal organization from Kanto, right?"

May gasped, "Why are they here?"

Ash, "I'm gonna guess and say to sniff out competition."

At the two sibling's incredulous look Ash sighed, "Just think about it, the two teams want to control the world, right?"

Max nodded, "Yeah.... Oh great Rayquaza, of course!"

May groaned, "They don't want competition over it... Are we gonna be stuck between turf battles? Pokemon turf battles are bad enough. Organization turf battles sound like a nightmare."

Ash was quiet for a moment before moving, "Let's get going to a Pokemon Centre. I remember seeing on the map there is one nearby. I need to give Steven a heads up about this."

Max, "I think we should tell Dad too May."

May sighed, "Yeah, we really should."

On the way they met up with two of May's rivals and the three happily welcomed the distraction although Harley was irritating. They knew he meant well, sometimes Ash wondered how close and yet far Harley was with his comments when he tried to guess what they were up to. It always flabbergasted May but she did not confirm or deny his statements preferring for him to come to his own conclusions. Ash on the other hand decided to call Mt Silver ranger station, after finishing his call with Steven and Wallace, to check in on his Larvitar and Tyranitar. The couple were taken off guard by the information they receive but took it seriously and told Ash they would handle it.

Drew was surprised to see the Tyranitar and Larvitar, "Are they yours?"

Ash blinked, "Yes, actually, Larvitar say hello to Drew, he is a friend we made."

Larvitar waved his paws, "Lar larvi Larvitar."

Max grinned, "He is very active."

Tyranitar grunted, "Ty tyra ty."

May, "I want one too. So cute."

Harley covered his mouth, "You should learn to take care of yourself first before trying to care for a baby Pokemon."

May gave him an annoyed look, "At least I am actually learning unlike someone who never learns."

Harley pinched her cheek, "Hoh! What was that you brat?"

Drew snorted, "Are you going to the next town?"

Ash nodded, "That's where the next ribbon and gym battle are located.", 'And the next Frontier brain, not like I can say that out loud.'

Drew, "Why didn't you take part in the contest?"

Ash hmmed, "My Pokemon wanted to focus on battling. When we reached here, we were attacked by Team Aqua on our first day. It left quite an impression you could say and not to forget we have been dealing with Team Aqua and Magma lately."

Harley, "What? Why would they be after you? Well actually I understand why they would be after you but... "

May noticed the look he gave her, "Hey! What's with that look? I'm not leaving Ash to deal with them alone you know!"

Harley, "I hope you are of actual help rather than a damsel in distress."

May, "Why you little!"

Ash sighed, "Now! Now! Save your energy for the contest you two. Larvitar I'll call you again soon okay, take care Tyranitar. Remember if any of the poachers try to steal you, I already caught you both. So don't worry about pokeballs, and use your powerful attacks freely."

Tyranitar and Larvitar both nodded before the Ranger spoke up, "You know it's really fascinating how calm the two of them are. Most Tyranitars are short tempered and impatient unless they have contacts with other humans."

Ash, "I think we can thank Larvitar for that Ranger Asra, he is very smart."

Asra grinned, "Indeed, call again next month at the same time?"

Ash, "Definitely! See you!"

Ash closed the call and turned back only to sweat drop when he saw May and Harley at it again. Drew made a comment of them acting like a couple only to get glared at by the two. Max shook his head in amusement before turning to Ash to train with him and his Shroomish who looked ready to evolve. Ash nodded and was about to leave when he felt a pulse coming from behind him.

Ash, "Max go ahead and grab a battlefield for us. I'll join you in a bit."

Max nodded, "Sure."

Ash followed the pulse after Max left only to find a room with a poke egg, "Hello!"

The poke egg pulsed, -Hello!-

Pikachu, -You... -

Ash, "This... "

Nurse Joy came in, "Oh my! I have not seen this egg be so active in three years."

Ash, "What? Is that healthy?"

Nurse Joy, "Some poke eggs are that way. They don't become active till someone special comes by. In fact let me say congratulations. This little one is yours, they don't react to anyone else."

Ash was befuddled, "Oh! I guess, it would not be my first time, I took care of Togetic as an egg and Lapras as well as Donphan and my Larvitar. This would be my fifth poke egg."

Nurse Joy grinned, "Just one more to go to become a certified Junior breeder."

Ash, "That's possible?"

Nurse Joy, "If you manage to successfully take care of six Pokemon from eggs."

Ash, "Ah! I see, okay, okay. I accept even without that incentive. Welcome to the family little one."

Max was surprised to see a poke egg strapped to Ash's front but didn't question it much as they started. May, Drew and Harley gave him curious looks and Ash explained his previous experiences with baby Pokemon both good and bad. Drew frowned when he heard about the abandoned Pokemon Ash was taking care of, he would have been ecstatic to get one of the starters. Who in their right mind abandons starter Pokemon?

Ash shook his head at the question and May stabbed her food grumbling about spoiled brats who didn't deserve Pokemon. Harley for once agreed with her before changing the topic to the next contest. Ash went to challenge the battle frontier while the others prepared for the contest. He won his battle tower badge from Anabel, a very sweet and kind teen who was gifted with aura as well, Ash noticed. When he pointed it out to her, she was surprised but nodded.

Anabel, "If what I have heard about aura is correct. It makes sense."

Ash smiled, "It's also why we are very comfortable around each other. Our instincts know we won't hurt one another."

Anabel blushed at the smile and nodded, "I see."

Ash, "My friends are taking part in the Pokemon contest here. Want to join us?"

Anabel hesitated before agreeing to go with him to watch the contest. She had a childish crush on Ash from the first time she saw him on television riding Lugia. She knew she didn't have a chance as it was known to everyone he already had a mate. And their union was blessed by the four Legendaries themselves. She would however take what she got and if she got a good friend out of it, she would be satisfied. They cheered for May who was surprised to see a cute guy beside Ash and blushed at the cheers. Ash noticed the blushed and snickered pointing it out to Max who gave a grin.

Anabel and May got along quite well and if May's blush was anything to go by despite learning Anabel is a girl well Ash supported her. Even Anabel didn't seem to mind and told May she was welcome to visit or call her anytime she wants. May was beaming after getting the phone number and they left towards the North to a certain kingdom where Ash took part in the "Hero of the year", celebration. Only for the celebration to be interrupted by a Lucario who came out of the staff. Blaziken deflected his attacked and barked at him to wake up. Lucario looked at Ash who was holding an egg and Blaziken beside him before Queen Ilene explained he was no longer in the past.

Ash, 'Oh dear! Is this going to be like Jiraichi and Deoxys?'

Max and May gasped when he realized Lucario was Sir Aaron's Lucario. They were told stories about them as children and couldn't help look at the aura Pokemon with starry eyed. Lucario saw the look and sweat dropped inching back a little. Ash looked around and noticed all his Pokemon were there before heading off somewhere quiet to sit. All the excitement had excited the Pokemon egg and it was ready to hatch.

(To be continued....
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
^ω^
I'm gonna skip Jiraichi and Deoxys for now and go into detail next chapter.
≧ω≦
Till next time my lovely readers!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 2.5K 79
Ash Had Lost The Kalos League, The Very League He Thought He Could Win. After A Weird Interaction With His Kalos Friends. Ash Boards A Plane Back To...
135K 1.4K 24
I do not own Pokémon and I'm using random names for Ash's Elite Four, Gym leaders, and the trainers that the Hero's and Traitors will face against ar...
21.2K 312 19
After becoming the runner up in the kalos league and stopping the kalos crisis , ash decides to continue his journey to the alola region in hopes to...
14.4K 324 19
After Leaving everything back in Kalos, Ash worries about the decisions he had made that day. " I regret Everything" He always says to himself. Ash h...