Madison v.s The Travelling Ex...

By lily06ride

BOOK TWO IN THE MADISON v.s THE HORSE WORLD SERIES It has been almost been a year since Siracusa Equestrian... More

Chapter One: Cross Country With a Bang
Chapter Two: The Meeting From Hell
Chapter Three: Who Is This Guy?
Chapter Four: Family Reunion
Chapter Five: Off We Go
Chapter Six: Nice Necklace
Chapter Seven: It Wasn't A Thing!
Chapter Eight: Stay Away
Chapter Nine: The First Ride
Chapter Ten: Planning In Secret
Chapter Twelve: Are You Going To Help Me, Or Not?
Chapter Thirteen: I've Got A Plan
Chapter Fourteen: Who's Up For A Challenge?
Chapter Fifteen: The Aquarium
Chapter Sixteen: Deal's Off
Chapter Seventeen: The Bracelet
Chapter Eighteen: Up In The Trees
Chapter Nineteen: We're Sorry
Chapter Twenty: Moving On
Chapter Twenty-One: My Word Against Yours
Chapter Twenty-Two: I Don't Climb
Chapter Twenty-Three: Incorrect Leads and Secret Plans
Chapter Twenty-Four: Nightime Rush
Chapter Twenty-Five: So What Do We Do Now?
Chapter Twenty-Six: Do What You Need To Do
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Another Secret Meeting
Chapter Twenty-Eight: A Dark Silent Night
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Horse Hunt
Chapter Thirty: What Do You Think You Are Doing?
Chapter Thirty-One: How Could You Do This To Us?
Chapter Thirty-Two: Cheaters Don't Need to Explain Themselves
Chapter Thirty-Three: No Communication
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Plan
Chapter Thirty-Five: Do You Really Wanna Touch That Creep?
Chapter Thirty-Six: We Are Terrible Spies
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Boys To The Rescue
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Oh, Sienna, What Have You Done?
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Under The Waterfall
Chapter Forty: A Long Plane Ride Home
Chapter Forty-One: On With The Trip
Author's Notes

Chapter Eleven: Why Are You In Here?

33 5 11
By lily06ride

"Okay, who took the black bands?" I call from my set of cross ties.

I try to keep the plait in my hand tight as I search around Virgo's legs for the packet of bands that has mysteriously gone missing. Everyone around me shrugs, continuing to pull their horses' hair into neat rosettes.

I frown. This bun would have been perfect if I had the black bands.

The girls and I are currently plaiting up our horses for the show tomorrow. We have spent the last few days in Brisbane, preparing for the upcoming show. Now we are in the cross tie area of the stable we are renting, plaiting up and cleaning tack.

I feel bad for Bishop. I've left him to fend for himself with the boys. They are currently running around Brisbane, exploring. They have probably been taken away by a sketchy car. Actually they have probably gotten drunk off beer Will has brought for him now he is eighteen. Then the sketchy car came and stole them.

I hope you are still alive Bishop!

"Georgia, did you take them?" I shout.

I hear a moan.

"I am right next to you, don't scream at me!" Georgia replies from the set of cross ties next to me. "And just because my horse also has a black mane doesn't mean I used your rubber bands."

"Fine, I'm sorry I-"

"But I did make Sophie go and get them from you," Georgia calls over her shoulder, cutting me off.

I slap my thigh and groan. "You serious?"

She just shrugs. "She'll bring them back."

"Where is she?"

"Like I would know," Georgia snaps.

"She's your best friend! One day Sophie is going to wise up and realise how bad of a friend you are and leave."

Georgia raises her eyebrows at me as she continues to plait Aviation's mane. "Like that would ever happen. And I treat her fine."

I groan but Georgia waves a hand at me. "See she is coming now."

I look over my shoulder and out of this stable's tack room walks Sophie, carrying a grooming kit and my packet of black bands. She is laughing over her shoulder. Then behind her walks out another person. Elias.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Georgia growls, reading my mind.

Everyone looks up and over to Sophie and Elias walking and laughing together. They look so happy.

"Weren't he meant to be out with the others?" Mia asks, cleaning her mare's bridle.

Her English is still rough.

"Yeah..." I reply.

We go silent as the two approach us. 

"Oh, umm here is the kit you wanted," Sophie says, holding out the grooming kit.

She can probably feel the heat radiating off Georgia. Elias stands next to Sophie and acts oblivious to Georgia's anger.

"What is he doing here?" Georgia says, fuming.

"Does that really matter?" Elias chuckles.

"Yes," I chime in, walking up to Sophie and taking the packet off her.

"Fine. I have no reason to go with them. I'm here to ride, not go site-seeing," he sneers.

I try and walk back to Virgo, holding in my gag, but a hand grabs on my shoulder keeping me in place. I turn back and glare at Elias. He just smiles.

"I've also been getting to know, Sophie," he announces.

I can see Sophie trying to hide her smile. This is making me sick.

"Oh my God," Georgia mumbles to herself, pulling out a curry comb from the grooming kit.

Sophie says something to Georgia but I don't hear as suddenly Elias's face is next to mine. 

"But I would rather get to know someone else," he whispers to me.

My groan causes him to laugh. Does he really like seeing people uncomfortable?

Georgia doesn't hear what Elias has just said to me as she is still upset with Sophie hanging out with Elias.

"So what were you doing with him?" Georgia quesitons.

Sophie looks down sadly. "He was helping me."

"Is that really that bad Georgia?" Elias asks with a smile.

Georgia's nostrils flare. "Yes. Now can you get going?"

Elias sighs sadly but it doesn't sound genuine. "Your words hurt but I know when I'm not wanted."

He shoves his hands into his pocket and gives Sophie a wink before turning to face me. 

"I'll tell your boyfriend you said hi," Elias mutters.

With that he strides off.

------------------------------------------------

The cold water from the shower trickles down my forehead, tracing my eyebrows, nose and eventually lips before dripping down onto the rest of my body. There is something soothing about a cold shower. It has always helped me settle pre-show nerves.

Also they help me run through my thoughts.

Firstly Elias. Is he really so bad?

He does like making me squirm with weird jokes but he hasn't done anything wrong per se. Elias Nilsson just seems very different. Maybe an aweful person maybe not. But definitely weird. I haven't quite worked him out yet but I can't stand him hitting on me.

Though Alex and Georgia may be overreacting.

Then there is Alex. I don't like that he won't open up to me about his depression but then again that is Alex for you; it takes an army to break down his walls. I've been catching him staring off into nothing more and more and I can't help but worry about him. The fact he also doesn't trust me around Elias does make me upset. 

Finally there is Sienna. When I got off the coach when we arrived she helped me with my bags and she can't stop hugging me when we see each other. She's getting unbearably nice. Usually I would think she is warming up to me and be happy about it. But because of our conversation in Port Macquarie I find that hard to believe.

I turn off the shower and step out so I can dry myself off. It is getting late and all I want right now is to get into bed. But tonight Katy wants us all to go and watch the small tv in her shared room with Georgia and Sophie.

I'm betting she just doesn't want to be left alone with the devilish duo. I don't blame her, their snoring is terrible and I only had to spend one night with them.

I quickly start to pull on my pajamas. I was nominated to be the last person to shower out of all us girls. That wasn't so fun.

Grabbing my old clothes I start opening the bathroom door. I am suddenly met with the unexpected shape of a body crouched in front of my bed. I let out a squeal and jump back.

"Oh shi-"

The figure turns around. I breathe a sigh of relief that it isn't a dangerous thief.

Only Sienna.

"Damn it Maddie," she exclaims, standing up. "I thought you were with the others."

I peer around Sienna whose hands are behind her back. She is standing in front of my suit case.

"I was in the shower," I respond slowly. "What are you doing to my suit case?"

Sienna shrugs. "Don't worry I wasn't doing anything bad."

That won't cut it for me.

I raise my eyebrows, prompting her to say more. Sienna rolls her eyes and exhales. "It was meant to be a surprise. You were meant to find it later."

"Find what?"

Sienna smiles, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Alex got you something while being out tonight."

I narrow my eyes. "Is that is what is behind your back?"

Sienna's mouth falls open for a second, like she doesn't know what to say. "Um-yeah."

She fiddles with her hands behind her back. "This bracelet."

Keeping her left hand hidden, Sienna holds her right hand out to me. I inspect it and in her grasp is a silver bangle bracelet with small rhinestones lining the edges. It is gorgeous.

"Wow. He didn't need to do that," I smile, taking the braclet off Sienna.

"He has good taste, I taught him that," she replies.

I smile as I slide it onto my wrist. "You sure did."

"Well, I gotta go," she abruptly says.

I look up and see Sienna making a dash for the door, her hands suddenly in front of her.

"Wait," I call. 

Sienna turns back around, grinning.

"You can come watch with us, you know? We'd love to get to know you more," I say.

"Nah I have photos to edit, but thanks," she nods.

Before I can get another word in, Sienna is out the door. 

She seems off. 

"Tell Alex he is amazing for giving me this braclet," I call. "Thanks for bringing it."

There is no reply. 

I look down at the braclet and start twisting it around my wrist. My smile slowly fades as I watch it go round, and round my wrist. Sienna was acting weird. She has been for a couple days. Now she is suddenly in my room? And delivering a present from Alex when she wants me to stay away from him.

It is more likely that when Alex gave her the braclet she would have thrown it away. 

I keep twisting the braclet. 

My mind keeps thinking and then I remember something. Alex knows I hate bangle bracelets.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 131 33
A story about a girl and a horse, broken without each other. After a bad horse back riding accident while jumping, Krista is left with an intense fea...
2.8K 178 23
Fifteen-year-old Kaylin Podmore has a pretty great life, basically everything a teenager living in Lexington, Kentucky could ever dream of. Her paren...
3.9K 26 19
WARNING: SOME CHAPTERS MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME READERS. READER DISCRESSION IS STRONGLY ADVISED. ...
45.8K 1.7K 9
*THIS BOOK IS NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON* (the chapters included here are teasers only) One could say I had it all. A good job. Flashy car. Sparkling d...