๐“๐‡๐„ ๐†๐”๐€๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐ ๐Ž๐…...

By Miss_Nightingale

๐“๐€๐‹๐„๐’ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‘๐†๐€๐๐“๐„: ๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐ˆ - ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ฎ๐š๐ซ๐๐ข๐š๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐“๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ก๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ "๐‘ซ๐’†๐’”๐’•... More

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐†๐”๐€๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐ ๐Ž๐… ๐“๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐‹๐‡๐”๐๐“๐„๐‘๐’
๐‘ณ๐’Š๐’› ๐‘พ๐’‚๐’๐’Œ๐’†๐’“
๐‘ช๐’‚๐’”๐’• ๐‘ฉ๐’๐’‚๐’“๐’…
Episode I | Becoming: Part 1
Chapter 1 | A New Dawn
Chapter 2 | The New Student
Chapter 3 | Tracking the Amulet
Chapter 4 | New Friend, New Trollhunter
Episode II | Becoming: Part 2
Chapter 5 | Mourning
Chapter 6 | Destiny Awaits
Chapter 7 | Don't Think. Become!
Chapter 8 | Bular the Butcher
Episode III | Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter?
Chapter 9 | Trolls, Meet Human Trollhunter
Chapter 10 | Down for Dinner?
Chapter 11 | Training the Trollhunter
Chapter 12 | Changed Forever
Episode IV | Gnome Your Enemy
Chapter 13 | Saved By The Bell
Chapter 14 | Missing Rehearsal
Chapter 15 | First Mission
Chapter 16 | Romeo's Understudy
Episode V | Waka Chaka!
Chapter 17 | Always Be Afraid
Chapter 19 | Night at the Museum
Chapter 20 | Changeling
Episode VI | Win Lose or Draal
Chapter 21 | Trouble Brewing
Chapter 22 | The Letter
Chapter 23 | Rematch
Chapter 24 | Unlikely Partnership
๐‘ด๐’Š๐’…-๐‘บ๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’๐’ ๐‘บ๐’‘๐’†๐’„๐’Š๐’‚๐’ | ๐‘ธ&๐‘จ ๐‘ช๐’๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐‘บ๐’๐’๐’!
Episode VII | To Catch a Changeling
Chapter 25 | The Vanishing Bridge
Chapter 26 | An Offer He Can't Refuse
Chapter 27 | Attack of the Gaggletack
Chapter 28 | Study Date
๐‘ด๐’Š๐’…-๐‘บ๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’๐’/๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’“๐’”๐’• ๐‘จ๐’๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’”๐’‚๐’“๐’š ๐‘บ๐’‘๐’†๐’„๐’Š๐’‚๐’ | ๐‘ธ&๐‘จ
Episode VIII | Adventures in Trollsitting
Chapter 29 | Baby-napped
Chapter 30 | Undercover Babysitters
Chapter 31 | Changeling Reveal
Episode IX | Bittersweet Sixteen
Chapter 32 | Birthday Bane
Chapter 33 | Surprise Demise
Chapter 34 | Return of Romeo
Chapter 35 | Skydiving with a Stalkling
๐‘ด๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’† ๐‘น๐’†๐’‚๐’„๐’‰๐’†๐’… | 50๐‘ฒ ๐‘น๐’†๐’‚๐’…๐’”
Episode X | Young Atlas
Chapter 36 | Charm Crisis
Chapter 37 | Arrogance Gets You Killed
Chapter 38 | Bravery Is Not Without Fear
Chapter 39 | Adamant Oath
Episode XI | Recipe for Disaster
Chapter 40 | Bonded Revelations
Chapter 41 | Dinner Plans
Chapter 42 | Dessert or Disaster
Episode XII | Claire and Present Danger
Chapter 43 | Acknowledgement
Chapter 44 | Go Fetch
Chapter 45 | Gang of Goblins
Chapter 46 | Whistling Woe
Episode XIII | The Battle of Two Bridges
Chapter 47 | Gatekeeper
Chapter 48 | Trollhunters
Chapter 49 | The Final Act
Epilogue
๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’”๐’”๐’‚๐’“๐’š
A/N: Thank You!
๐‘ด๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’† ๐‘น๐’†๐’‚๐’„๐’‰๐’†๐’… | 100๐‘ฒ ๐‘น๐’†๐’‚๐’…๐’”
( ~*-*)~ ๐‘ป๐’ ๐‘ฉ๐’† ๐‘ช๐’๐’๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’†๐’…
๐๐‘๐„๐๐”๐„๐‹ - ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ
๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐ˆ๐ˆ - ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ
๐‘ฌ๐’™๐’„๐’๐’–๐’”๐’Š๐’—๐’† ๐‘บ๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’Œ ๐‘ท๐’†๐’†๐’Œ
(๏พ‰'ใƒฎ')๏พ‰*: ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๐š‚๐™ฟ๐™ธ๐™ฝ-๐™พ๐™ต๐™ต๐šœ
(โ„ โ„โ€ขโ„ฯ‰โ„โ€ขโ„ โ„)โ„ ๐™พ๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ด๐š ๐™ต๐™ฐ๐™ฝ๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ฒ ๐š‚๐™ด๐š๐™ธ๐™ด๐š‚: ๐™ฒ๐š›๐š˜๐šœ๐šœ๐š›๐š˜๐šŠ๐š๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐™ณ๐šŽ๐šœ๐š๐š’๐š—๐šข
(๏ฝกโ—•โ€ฟโ—•๏ฝกโœฟ) ๐‘จ๐’ƒ๐’๐’–๐’• ๐‘จ๐’–๐’•๐’‰๐’๐’“

Chapter 18 | School Field Trip

1.5K 69 22
By Miss_Nightingale

Liz Walker POV

The next day, Liz's history class is sent on a field trip to the local museum. A crowded group of students stood in front of the museum steps, listening to the museum curator, Ms. Nomura. "I know contemporary media might lead you to believe European history is full of swords, sorcery, and scandal. I assure you, the truth is far more interesting, and there's no better place to start than Renaissance Era pottery."

Liz stood to the side next to Claire, listening with intrigue in history. Meanwhile, the rest of her classmates sighs with boredom as Eli gasped in wonder. Strickler hadn't missed the faces of his students, so he decided to speak up. "Since we have limited time, Ms. Nomura, perhaps it's best if they explore the museum on their own. Don't you think?"

Without hesitation, the class ran off in different directions as Claire pulled Liz along with her. Everyone leaves the two grown-ups, invading the museum. Inside, Claire's grip loosens on Liz, enthralled by their surroundings. Liz took her time behind the rest of her class, her eyes wandering over displays of various artifacts until her steps gradually slowed when she began sensing an aura of magic coming from behind large white drapes, closing off a section of the museum. Feeling as though a string is pulling her, Liz walks toward the opening between closed drapes, a "do not enter" sign posted in front of it. The magic she sensed felt more potent as she stood before the opening. That's weird. What could be emanating magic in a place like this?

Curious, Liz reached her hand out towards the opening between the drapes when suddenly a voice called out from behind her. "If you're wondering, that area is under renovation."

Glancing behind her, Liz sees the museum curator looking down at her with a plastered grin. Liz quickly withdrew her hand and faced Ms. Nomura, greeting her with a charming smile. "Sorry, Ms. Nomura. I couldn't help myself but be curious."

"A curious mind that tends to wander. A limitless and powerful trait, I must say, but dangerous when used without caution. I advise you to tread carefully to be on the safe side." Ms. Nomura said.

"I'll keep that in mind," Liz said, immediately sensing something off with the lady, but she could not pinpoint out why. Taking a step backward, she pointed over her shoulder with her thumb. "I'm going to go catch up with the others before they get too far ahead. It was nice talking with you, Ms. Nomura. I'll see you around."

Liz waved with a small grin before turning around and making her way further into the museum, away from the somewhat creepy museum curator. Without looking back, Liz did not see the curator's eyes flashing green for a quick second.

"Likewise...Guardian."

***

Liz climbed the stairway to the second floor, where her classmates explored. Liz catches sight of Jim and Toby hanging about, overhearing Toby share about possible prizes with a certain amount of tracker points. Walking towards them with a small wave of her hand, she greets them. "Hey, you two. See anything interesting?"

"Hey, Liz. Nothing much, but --," Jim was about to speak but was interjected by an excited Toby.

"Liz! Man, you should see these --," Toby began, but he too was interrupted when someone called out Liz's name. Turning her head, Liz sees Claire waving her over to a display case featuring a renaissance peasant dress.

"Be right there!" Liz said aloud, waving back to Claire before turning back to the boys. "Sorry about that, Toby. What were you going to say?"

"I was about to mention these awesome prizes, but I can share it with you another time." Toby shrugs. Quirking an eyebrow, Liz asks, "Are you sure?"

"Totally, don't worry about it. Your lady friend awaits." Toby said, gesturing to Claire. Liz smiled softly. "Alright, then."

Liz walks away to where Claire was, leaving the two boys behind.

"Hey, Claire. I see something's caught your eye." Liz greeted, standing next to Claire, smiling at her and gazing back at the dress with intrigue. "Look at that embroidery."

"Yeah. The embroidery is very intricate, isn't it?" Liz said. Claire responded with a nod, completely enthralled by the masterpiece. As for Liz, she couldn't ignore the other person standing on the other side of Claire. "Steven."

"Liz." Steve immediately straightens, walking to Liz's other side and leaning an arm against the glass case. "Sorry for acting like a jerk before practice, but I want you to know, since joining the play, I feel like there's another side of me that really wants to come out."

"Hmm, is that so?" Liz crosses her arms over her chest, looking up at Steve. "Well, apology accepted, Blondie. You were a jerk. But I do hope you remember what I said."

"Of course." Steve smiled with gapped teeth, placing his hand over his heart. "Scout's honor."

Liz nodded, turning her attention to the displayed dress before her.

Jim Lake Jr. POV

As Liz walked away from the boys, Jim stared after her, sighing heavily as he leaned against the railing banister with his forearms. Toby glances at him, confused. "What wrong, Jimbo? Worried about the fight with Draal?"

"Surprisingly, no," Jim replied as he continued to look at Liz. He tenses when he sees Steve walk over to Liz's side, speaking to her so naturally, Jim's blue eyes narrowing at the scene. Unbeknownst to Jim, his best friend was observing him and smirking. "You like Liz, don't you?"

"Yeah...Wait, what?" Jim snapped to attention after realizing what Toby asked, looking at him in surprise but was met with rolled eyes. "It's obvious, dude. Ever since Liz came to Arcadia, you've been smitten and secretly going on dates with her behind my back. I wouldn't be surprised if you both are in a relationship."

"Tobes, what are you saying? We didn't go on any dates. We only ate dinner with my mom because she invited her over, and Liz offered to help me with my exam, so we studied together. And besides, it's not like she would ever like me that way. She's out of my league and probably mad at me." Jim said.

"Aha!" Toby pointed at his best friend. "So, you're not denying that you're smitten with her."

"N-No, I--" Jim stuttered, but Toby interrupted him, wiggling his eyebrows. "Don't deny it, Jimbo. I see the way you look at her. The way you look at Liz is different than how you would usually look at Claire. But whatever you decide, I give you my full support."

"What do you mean, Tobes? How do I look at them differently?" Jim asked, curious. Toby smiles, gesturing his head in Liz and Claire's direction. "Clearly, you look at Claire with infatuation, but with Liz...you look at her as if she's your missing half."

Jim blushes, completely stunned by his best friend. Is there some truth with what Toby is saying? He knows that he sometimes stares at Claire from afar during classes but doesn't notice himself looking at Liz in a particular way. Yet, he could not help but be drawn to Liz, believing that she was his childhood friend he lost years ago. Maybe Toby is mistaking that for his "missing half". Then again, it sort of feels like she is his missing half. Wait, what is he saying? Ugh, this is so confusing.

Jim shakes his thoughts away, glancing back in Liz's direction when he suddenly makes eye contact with Steve. With a mischievous smile, Steve stepped behind Liz without her notice, facing his back towards Jim and wrapping his arms around himself, moaning and kissing with mockery. Jaw clenched, Jim sighs and drops his head on the balcony railing.

"Aw, come on, man. Don't let Steve get to you. Liz's a smart girl. She knows he's a jerk." Toby assured Jim, placing a hand on his friend's back as Jim raised his head. However, Jim doubted his words as he stood upright, gesturing to himself. "How? She's too busy thinking I'm a jerk for skipping play rehearsal."

Jim leaned against the railing once more, gazing out hopelessly. Smacking Jim on the shoulder, Toby encourages his best friend. "Well, then, this is the perfect moment, dude."

Grabbing Jim's arm, Toby pulls him upright from the railing. "Take her hand and use those lips of yours and talk to her."

"Toby, no, no! Wait, wait!" Jim called his friend, but Toby didn't listen, walking away to do his best friend a favor.

Liz Walker POV

Toby slid towards Steve and held his hand beside his mouth. "Hey, Steve! Did you hear about the Neanderthal exhibit? - Topless."

Liz's ears perked up, surprised to hear Toby passing by behind her, but cringed at what he mentioned to Steve. Her eyebrows furrowed as she glanced at Steve, who responded with complete interest. "Nice! Cave ladies."

Gross. Liz gagged when Steve walked away, glad that he was gone. Just as she was about to talk to Claire, Darci called out from nearby. "Hey Claire, come check out the gallery room. The paintings look amazing!"

"Coming!" Claire called out in reply. Claire turned to Liz. "Let's go check it out, Liz."

"I'm going to stay here for a while longer. You can go ahead of me, Claire. I don't want to miss anything before I move on." Liz said. Claire nodded. "Okay, I'll see you there later."

Claire walks away to catch up with her other friend, leaving behind Liz alone by the display. Liz moves on to another glass display, this time with a renaissance dress made for a lady of the upper class. As she analyzes the gown, Liz feels a sense of deja vu cross through her and then a sharp pain in her head. She rubs her forehead in discomfort. What is going on with her? Why does she keep getting these intense headaches? And why does she get these feelings of familiarity?

Liz clenched her jaw, breathing in then out. Maybe it's due to lack of sleep from nightmares that she's been having lately since the other night. She needs to talk to Douxie about it and ask for alternative ways to keep the nightmares at bay now that the potion no longer seems to be working.

When a hand settled onto her shoulder, Liz flinched, snapping back to the present moment. To the side of her stood Jim with a worried expression. "Liz, are you alright? You look kind of pale."

Blinking at him, Liz quickly hides her pain with a soft smile. "I'm okay, Jim. Not to worry. I just slept late last night. Good thing we had a field trip today or else, I would've fallen asleep on my desk during class today."

Jim chuckled. "Heh, tell me about it."

Suddenly, a thought crosses Liz's mind. "That reminds me, Mr.Strickler mentioned once that you've been falling asleep in class. Is there something troubling you at night?"

"I've been having dreams for the past month now—just some old memories from my childhood. But I stopped having them recently. Probably too exhausted from training to dream." Jim explained. Liz nodded in understanding. She could relate though she wished her nights were filled with childhood dreams rather than nightmares. "That's good to hear. Wouldn't want you sleeping on your feet."

"Yeah," Jim chuckled. He glanced at the display before them and commented. "I wish our play had these costumes."

Liz smiled softly, glancing at the medieval dress. "I know, right? Claire mentioned to me about our school budget earlier, and based on what I heard, I'll end up doing the balcony scene in my bathrobe."

"Hey, if anyone could pull it off, it'd be you. You're the only one on stage who looks like they know what they're doing." Jim insisted.

"Really?" Liz chuckled, turning away from the display towards the balcony and leaning against the railing banister. "I'm flattered to hear that, but honestly, I feel kind of awkward up there."

Settling against the railing next to her, Jim disagrees with her last words. "Nah, you're a natural. You were born for this. It's like -- your calling. I would be stoked if I ever found something to be natural at."

"Well, I certainly can attest that you are a natural at cooking. If anyone knew how talented you are, people would be flocking to your door just to eat the food you make. Especially me." Liz admitted. Jim chuckled. "Thanks. If you want, I could make something for you. Perhaps school lunch? Or maybe dinner plate to-go when I come over for practice?"

Mocking a playful gasp, Liz places a hand over a heart. "Oh my. A man after my own heart. Tell me, what did I do to deserve such special treatment from you."

Jim blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. "For me, you did a lot. Truly. You saved me from Bular, you believed in me and encouraged me when I thought I couldn't do it, helped me study and pass my Spanish comprehensive exam, and you're also training me to become the Trollhunter. So think of it as a thank you gift."

"Aww, I'm grateful, but I cannot let you shower me with gifts for all that I do. I'm just happy to help without anything in return. And besides, you already offered to help me recover my memories. I think that is more than enough for me." Liz assured, but Jim wasn't convinced. "But still, I want to make you something. I know I haven't been showing up for rehearsals, and it kills me every time, thinking how upset you are with me. I just want to make it up to you somehow."

Liz's eyes widened. "Upset? Why would I be upset with you for that?"

"I don't know. I thought that if Claire was mad at me, I assume you were too since we're supposed to be practicing the play together, but now you're practicing with Steve, and well...I don't know. I feel terrible." Jim replied, looking down and rubbing the back of his neck.

With both hands, Liz grasped onto Jim's shoulders, his eyes moving upwards to look into her own. "Jim, listen to me. Never once have I been upset with you. You got caught up with your first mission, and Toby already explained to me that you got stuck being tiny during your exam. And not only that! I heard you didn't kill the gnome, which I'm delighted to hear, by the way. Anyway, I'm trying to say that I understand what you're going through, so you have absolutely no reason to feel guilty. In fact, I'm proud that you're handling it all quite well so far. "

Jim gaped at her. "Y-you mean that?"

Liz smiled. "Every word."

The next thing Liz knew, she felt arms around her. It took her a few seconds to realize that Jim was hugging her. Her face gradually warms at the action, a blush forming across her cheeks. Even her heart is starting to race a bit. What in the world is happening to her?

She closed her eyes to push down the feeling before opening them once more, her turquoise eyes catching sight of the mural across the balcony.

Standing in front of a stone bridge, a blonde lady dressed in white stood with a long white staff in her hand. The depiction triggers Liz as a wave of deja vu washes over her once more, followed by another sharp pain piercing through her skull, making her close her eyes again in discomfort and hug Jim back tightly. She settled her head on Jim's shoulder, attempting to relax her aching head, unaware that she was making Jim blush for returning his hug, but he wasn't complaining and planning on letting go anytime soon.

But of course, the moment couldn't last forever when his best friend's voice calls out to them. "Guys, guys! This is bad. We-- Oh, sorry, am I interrupting something?"

Sending a glare to his best friend for ruining the moment, Jim gradually releases Liz from his embrace as he feels her withdraw from him to his disappointment. Turning around, Liz faces Toby, who has a knowing smile, but she ignores it. "Not at all, Toby. What's wrong?"

Getting right down to it, Toby's expression turned serious. "We have a problem."

"What kind of problem?" Jim questioned.

"Eli captured something weird on camera last night. He thinks it's some sort of monster. It was green with long spindly limbs, but it looked like it got ran over by a truck." Toby explained. "But not to worry, I deleted the picture."

"Nice work, Toby." Liz complimented, then pondered for a moment. Adding up the features of what it could be, one particular creature came to mind. Goblins. But what are goblins doing here in Arcadia? They should be in the Darklands. Unless...A sense of dread washes over her in realization. "I think I know what it is, and we should let Blinky and AAARRRGGHH know about it. You guys will be investigating it tonight."

"Wait, what? What about you? You're not coming with us?" Jim asked, confused. Liz shakes her head. "I have something to take care of tonight. But don't worry, I have faith that you can handle this without me. Just remember your training and apply what you learned."

"Easier said than done," Jim remarked. Liz offers an encouraging smile.

"Nothing in life is ever easy, but when life gets tough, the best thing you can do is trust and believe in yourself." 

Alright, we're getting some development between Liz and Jim! It hasn't dawned on them yet, but we'll get there eventually! *no pun intended

Fanfic Question: What is your theory in regards to Liz's nightmares and/or deja vu moments?

Anyways, please don't forget to vote or comment, if you liked this chapter. I would love to hear what you all think. Happy reading!

- Miss_Nightingale

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 70 12
Trollhunters: Tales Of Arcadia Book Follows first season of trollhunters Follow the story of Freya, whose world is changed over a couple of days. A...
242K 3.9K 53
After the events of the Shattered King, the Trollhunter team finds themselves in a mysterious room surrounded by classmates, teachers, family, trolls...
100K 3.1K 76
(originally) tales of Arcadia: Trollhunters x male reader Y/N is the older brother of jim, but also the Eternal Knight, a servant/slave to morgana...
70.1K 2K 65
This is my first OC and I've never written anything like this before. I hope you like it, and I will admit, there are most likely some mistakes, and...