The Shunned Wolf Fights Back...

By ArdenTownsend

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do no... More

Reader Comments
Grammar and punctuation (REVISED)
Chapter 1 (revised 06/05/2023)
Chapter 2 (revised 06/06/2023)
Chapter 3 (revised 06/06/2023)
Chapter 4 (revised 06/06/2023)
Chapter 5 (revised 06/07/2023)
Chapter 6 (revised 06/07/2023
Chapter 7 (REVISED 6/8/2023)
Chapter 8 (revised: 6/8/2023)
Chapter 9 (revised 06/08/2023)
Chapter 10 (revised 6/8/3023)
Chapter 11(revised 6/8/2023)
Chapter 12 (revised 6/8/2023)
Chapter 13 (revised 06/08/2023)
Chapter 14 (revised 06/09/2023)
Chapter 15 (revised 06/09/2023)
Chapter 16 (revised 06/09/2023)
Chapter 17 (revised 06/09/2023)
Chapter 18 (revised 06/09/2023)
Author Note
Chapter 19 (06/10/2023)
Chapter 20 (revised 06/10/2023)
Chapter 21 (revise 06/10/2023)
Chapter 22 (revised 06/10/2023)
Chapter 23 (revised 06/10/2023)
Chapter 24 (revised 06/10/2023)
Chapter 25 (revised 06/10/2023)
Chapter 26 (revised 06/11/2023)
Chapter 27 (revised 06-11-2023)
Chapter 28 (revised 06/11/2023)
Chapter 29 (revised 06/12/2023)
Chapter 30 (revised 06/12/2023)
Chapter 31 (revised 06/15/2023)
Chapter 32 (revised 06/17/2023)
Chapter 33 (revise 06/18/2023)
Chapter 34 (revised 06/18/2023)-
Explanation of pack ranking (revised 06/17/2023)
Chapter 36 (revised 06/19/2023)
Chapter 37 (revised 06/19/2023)
Chapter 38 (revised 06/19/2023)
Chapter 39 (revised 06/19/23)
Epilogue (revised 06/19/2023)
SHUN TIMELINE (added 06/19/2023)
MY OTHER BOOKS
Seqeal

Chapter 35 (revised 06-19-2023)

3.5K 90 11
By ArdenTownsend

Week 23

Jocelyn just stared at the door that Hutton walked out of. She asked her wolf, "Is it true? Is he my second chance, mate? It sounds like he wants me and the pups?"

Her wolf replied, "I have been so focused on the pups and hurt by Frank's rejection that I haven't tried to reach out to him like that."

"Well, we will table this for now. We have a new pack to run and pups to prepare for. But let us invite him to participate in things and get to know him as a friend. Make sure it is us he wants and not the pack."

Elijah's voice comes through, "Jocelyn? Jocelyn? Are you ok?"

She shakes her head and looks toward him, "Yes, I am ok. Just surprised." She looked toward Scott and Zander, "Tell him I am not ready for commitment, but tell him to stop by at suppertime to hang out to get to know each other. Right now, my wolf and I don't feel the mate pull, but we feel friendship toward him. He must accept sharing me with my pack and my pups."

She then looked at Goliath, "Please, will you order everyone to silence until I am healed from all that happened and ready to accept or reject Hutton?"

Goliath asked Elijah, "as a new member can I do that?"

Elijah replied, "She recognizes you as werewolf council. You can look at your Lead/trainer Adam to make the official request, and as a council, we can vote to seal that oath/order."

Before Goliath can turn to Councilman Adam, we hear Adam say, "I, Councilman Adam, request a vow of silence about Councilman Graham Hutton and Alpha Jocelyn Sommers being mates until she accepts or rejects him. The exception will be Councilman Zander and Councilman Scott, as they act as ambassadors between the two. They can be his sounding board. I request a thirty-minute recess for each group to decide if they will accept this request. Then in thirty minutes, the leaders of each group cast their acceptance or not."

Elijah nodded, "All in this room cannot say anything to anyone outside of those present for the next hour. Jocelyn, you and Cynthia have a seat." He looked at the guards, "Go back to your duties, but no discussing what happened here."

Forty minutes later, the vowel of silence happened, but they added Jocelyn could use Tianna, Goliath, and Cynthia as her sounding board.

Jocelyn was then told before she left to report back Monday while they worked out the fine details. She knew the three packs would merge as one. She decided with the merge; they should do away with the name Crimson. She decided they would be named Juniper Pack.

She went to the pack, and the first thing she did was freeze all the accounts and order a complete audit. She then set up new accounts under the name Juniper. When the audit is done, transfer all its money into one account. She also discovers on his computer, there were seven different hidden accounts with passwords that they could hack. She moved that money into the new Juniper account. She all of a sudden had $567,322,988.62 in it.

She got a phone call while Alpha Solomon and her were still working on things in the room she uses as an office. The phone rings, and she absentmindedly answers, "Hello."

"Well, if it isn't the thief. You take my money, and I better get it back, or blood will be spilled."

"Who is this?" Alpha Solomon stops what he is looking at and looks at her. She presses the button for the speaker and motions him to be quiet.

"I heard you managed to steal my territory. If you don't release my money, you won't live long enough to see those pups born."

Jocelyn growls, "Xavier, you need to turn yourself in."

Xavier laughs, "No, I am right now building an army. When I feel they are ready, the new council and you will be no more. However, if you return what you stole from me, I will ensure those abominations grow up."

Then he hangs up the phone.

Solomon growls, "dammit. Based on what we have tracked, he has been stealing money for years from his nephews. Hell, even from his pack. Most houses here are more like slums on the inside, and only outside has done the minimum to give off the appearance of a rich well-run pack."

"Well, I am already arranging to have a bunch of 3-bedroom homes made in the middle area where the three pack's border. I need to have a pack meeting. "

Jocelyn told everyone, "Pack meeting at 4:30. Then afterward will get grills going with burgers, hotdogs, and chips."

Solomon said, "We need to discuss that phone call."

"It will be discussed. Now I have a few phone calls to make." She turned from him to make a few phone calls.

She then started scribbling down notes. She sent some singles to the store to pick up the ordered food.

When 4:30 rolled around, she stood on a makeshift stage in a Meadow. She saw the Supernatural Council, her security detail, Lycan security detail, and the three packs.

As soon as she started speaking, the crowds got quiet. "We have a lot of information to cover. The first is my name is Alpha Jocelyn Sommers. This past week I was informed by a vote from the Supernatural Council that by 38 votes, I was made Alpha, and they support the court's decision. This means that the pups I carry will be your future top three. '' Some of the crowds howled in approval. Some she noticed look at her with scowls on their faces.

"I know; I need to win your approval. Well, in the last few days, I ordered an audit of the three packs' finances. Plus, I got on the former alpha's computer. I found six accounts that had over $500,000,000 had been hidden. There is a seventh account, but I haven't been able to access it yet. But I contacted the bank, and they froze it. I transferred all the hidden funds into an account under the new pack name, Juniper. The accounts are frozen for two weeks while an outside firm endorsed by the Supernatural Council I hired does an audit. This does not mean we have no money. We have four weeks' worth of funding during this time for average pack bills." I take a deep breath, "The council sent photos of Xavier out. They also found several fake IDs, and those names are tagged. If they find any more accounts or alias, they will be frozen and added to our pack account. When he is arrested, charges of embezzling and fraud on his former pack will be added."

The pack members stare in shock at the large amount of money I mentioned. I continued to talk; "The Supernatural Council did vote that all three packs would merge. As of today, we will no longer be known as the various Crimson's pack. Crimson's name has too many negative meanings. When I was walking around, several people from all three packs mentioned they had missed the Juniper Winter Festival and requested we restart it this year. I have decided that as of today, we will be known as the Juniper Pack, and anyone who has helped plan the festival will be asked to arrange a committee. You will vote for chairmen and assemble the festival by reporting to me."

This time the crowd went wild with howling. That Winter Festival must have some special memories based on their excitement. When they quieted down, I  said, "No one reacted when I mentioned $500,000,000 had been placed in the Juniper account. You all get excited about an old tradition being revived."

One member said, "We knew the pack had some money; granted, not that much, but we always had to earn our keep. The pack never helped us financially. That money means nothing to us."

I nod my head and reply, "That will change. When walking around the pack, I noticed many homes on the outside appeared from a distance in good shape. However, upon closer inspection, I noticed many houses should be condemned and torn down. If you look around this spot, I had you meet at; you will see this area will become the future place for a new packhouse. Plus, many new homes. However, before the packhouse was built, I had safety inspectors from other packs check every building on the pack property."

She held up a folder. "In this folder, the houses will be built based on the order of which ones are the unsafest. Here is the deal. Each family, no matter the rank, will have $50,000 put aside for a 3-bedroom log cabin. The council is matching that $50,000. This means you have $100,000 toward your house. I have decided if you want one of the more expensive home designs, you will pay the difference. We will be using the money that your former alpha Xavier Branson tried to steal to make our pack a place of safety and comfort." Many pack members looked on in disbelief.

"My brother, Lander, will be in charge of this program. He will call you in to choose your house design. He will help you finance your house if you choose a higher budget. Here is the deal he will offer. If you make your monthly payments on time, no interest will be charged."

One person spoke up, "I have seven pups. Can we get a design for the $100,000 that has fewer amenities and more bedrooms?"

I looked at Lander, "Lander, please include floor plans with more bedrooms. No home will be substandard." He nodded to acknowledge my request.

While on housing, I have arranged for gnomes to come in and build the homes. Those who like construction or general maintenance can apply to work with the gnomes. They do make it at night. They will test you your knowledge and learnability. Those with appropriate skills names will be given to me. The ones will the highest skill will be promoted to manager of pack maintenance. We will have assistant managers placed in various jobs. This could be a general contractor, plumber, or lawn maintenance, to name a few. The gnomes will give me their list of recommendations."

A female voice called out, "Does that include us, women? My dad taught me, and I am a fantastic contractor, but I had to do repairs under Alpha I mean Rogue Brandon radar since I am only fifteen and a girl."

I replied, "Men and women can both apply. However, you could only work part-time until you graduate high school."

She looked disappointed, "don't be disappointed. You can still be tested by them and placed according to your ability. They are considered masters of their trade. I am sure they can teach you more skills."

A gnome said, "If you are as good as you claim, I will enroll you in our mentor program. If you qualify, you will study under me for four years while attending school. I have had a dozen non-gnomes in my last 300 years doing this. But I got a good feeling about you."

She smiled and started jumping and shouting in excitement. I laugh and say, "settle down. You and others can get details from him starting tomorrow."

"Yes, alpha," she replied.

"Now, onto my next announcement. On Monday, I will go before the council. They will assign a second son of Alpha to help train me on all Alpha duties. He will be treated with respect while here. I also want to announce their choice will be rejected publicly."

Gasps were heard from the council and pack. I then took a deep breath, "my wolf has already decided on whom the person will be." She looked over the crown until she made eye contact with Hutton. "I have discovered that I have a second chance, mate." More gasp was heard, "he knows I am not ready for commitment but has agreed to go slow. He is a second son of an alpha. He is not a werewolf, though. He is Lycan Councilman Graham Hutton."

Everyone's eyes turn toward him as he walks to where I stand, "During this transition time, you are asked to treat him as Luan Graham Hutton even if we are not officially mated and won't be until I have these pups and the pack settled." He is then beside me. He takes my hand and squeezes it. I was grateful he did not take it further.

I smile at him and continue to talk, "You will notice we will have other species helping with security. Earlier this week, I had the Lycan security detail work with everyone to test where you are in training. There were a few people who impressed them in this pack. Will Alpha Solomon please come up here to assist me?" He walks up to stand by Jocelyn.

"I have three people. I am going to come forward. These three will be my Betas. One will be the senior beta, Davison Smythe. Then under him will be Thomas Branson and Samantha Johnston." They come forward.

"I have yet to learn who is the oldest person in the pack."

"The Callister Twins- they are 152 years old," a she-wolf yelled.

We all saw two identical twin brothers come forward; Alpha Solomon started to open his mouth to ask a question. One of the twins said, "Honestly, we don't know, sir. Mom said when we were born, she painted one of our feet red and the other blue to keep us sorted. Then when we were about two weeks old, she caught her brother washing our feet. He would paint the nails. He admitted he could not remember what colors he had removed from us. She did not know who was born first. We smelled the same at that time. Though by the time we were a month old, she could tell us apart from our scents. We never knew which one of us was born first. We do not know if we even have the correct names."

Jocelyn smiled and said, "Please stand beside me." She has Councilman Victoria step forward with the knife and bowl. Jocelyn takes the knife and cuts her hand, "As Alpha, I commit myself to Juniper Pack as Alpha Jocelyn Sommer. " The blood drops into the bowl. "I share my strength, so our pack stays strong."

Then she turns to the two oldest. She looks at Solomon. He says, "Our oldest shares their knowledge of life, so we know wisdom."

Jocelyn says, "Our oldest shares their knowledge of life, so we know wisdom."

She takes the knife and cuts both their palms. Their blood joins Jocelyn in the bowl that Victoria holds.

Jocelyn then walks up to the Beta Candidates. "As Betas, do you swear to protect the pack and be loyal to them? To show courage, honor, and integrity to them?"

"We do." She then cuts their palms. Their blood mixes in, and their palms start to heal. Then she pricks their fingers, and they use their finger to stir their blood and it mixes with hers.

"I now declare your betas." Then all of them glow, and you feel their power increase.

"Tonight, you celebrate. Then in three days, you will go to Alpha's Bruno pack and be trained to be Betas. Their Beta Frank will give you a crash course on it. You will be kind and courteous to him. You will learn from him. Many of you heard the rumor he rejected me, and that is true. I forgave him and we both have moved on from it. I ask you to trust me when I say, he will train you well."

She looks out and says, " I would like to call up the following ladies: Anabelle Kite, Clarabelle Roush, Isabelle Gordon. Plus, the following gentlemen: Joseph Kite, George Roush, and Hank Gordon. These three sisters and their mates have been chosen to be Deltas. Normally Deltas are in charge of Warrior training. The Lycan have agreed these six works well together. They will start teaching the adults under Lycan's guidance. Once the Lycan feel they are ready, they will resume full duty. We will expand to a youth program which they will also oversee. Every pack member will be trained up to level two defense/offense training. They will be in charge of more than just warrior training.

Those interested in becoming pack warriors, enforcers, trackers, and guards, will continue to advance training. Though enforcer training will be done under Alpha Easton Hutton's care."

She looks at these six, "Do you accept the job of Delta trainers?"

"We do," they reply.

She then cuts their palms and has them do the same pledge to the pack.

"Councilwoman Victoria Branson, former Luna, will go back and forth to the council. Earlier today, she posted sign-up sheets for several pack positions. They range from chefs, maids, and personal assistants to me, my mate, and laundress, plus helpers in various pack life. Those who are interested may apply. She will be giving me a list of recommendations. If she thinks of someone who did not sign up, she will hunt you down. Starting tomorrow, you can go sign up." Several members' faces light up.

"Now, I need to address the negative news. Tonight, we celebrate, but starting tomorrow, defense training begins. I got a phone call earlier when Alpha Solomon and I were still auditing the books. It was fugitive ex-alpha Xavier. He has threatened your future leaders. He has threatened those of you on the council. Security has been increased. The Lycan and Fairies are setting up extra security along all our borders. Until he is captured and dealt with, security must be vigilant. The gnomes have already started reinforcing and updating all current safe rooms. If we state to get to the safe room, go. Your old alpha won't be able to get to you there. Plus, he will not know what to think of our whole pack being trained to defend what is ours."

I smile at the pack, "The council will be helping this pack because they know I will soon be giving birth. As you all can tell, I am almost 24 weeks. I had thought about moving my house here but was told that would not be good for me and the pups this late in my pregnancy."

Then she looks at Hutton, "I would also like to announce one more thing. Solomon, will you please do the honors?" I hand him the knife. "You all know my history. You know I was also rejected by my first mate. With the shunning and rejection, my wolf became protective of the pups. She refused to analyze any scents. I have had someone recently go into a defense of me. He claimed me as his second chance mate during his defense of me. He seems willing to wait for my wolf to heal and verify his claims.  She started sniffing and stated she wanted the blood bond done."

She turned toward her mate, "In front of these witnesses will you become my blood bond mate until I am ready for the full mate ceremony?"

Hutton smiled, "I accept your proposal of blood bond, mate."

Solomon then said, "You will never cease to amaze me." He looked at Hutton, "If she ever frustrates you to the point of wanting to destroy your office come to me. I have experience in dealing with that."

Others in the audience laugh and one voice calls out, "But alpha Solomon you destruction was paying for my pup's college."

Solomon laughed too. He then turned toward Jocelyn, "Do you, Alpha Jocelyn Sommers promise to be faithful and give Councilman Graham Hutton a chance to prove himself to you and this pack?"

I replied, "I do." Solomon then sliced her palm.

Do you, Councilman Graham Hutton, promise to be faithful and protect her to blood mind with her until you both decide to accept or reject the next step in mating bond?"

He looked me in the eyes and said, "With all that I am, I promise to be whatever you need whenever you need it. You are my love, and I will never do anything to harm you or our pups." He bent down and kissed my stomach. He stood up, and Solomon sliced his hand,

He then pulled out hands together so our blood intermingled. Everyone saw the pink glow from around us.

I turned to Solomon, "Thank you, ALPHA SOLOMON." I then turned toward the pack, "I want to introduce you to your new Luan, Graham Hutton; show respect the same as you give me."

Hutton steps forward and stands in front of me. He takes a step back so as not to be too close, and I can see he is fighting himself for control. I rest my hand on his arm, and he immediately calms down. "Thank you, my beloved Alpha. I will not let you down.0

I smiled at him and turned toward the pack, "Well, tonight we celebrate, and then we prepare. Xavier will learn you are not the pack he betrayed. You are strong, and together we can defeat his evil. For now, let us eat and rejoice."

Just then, a few pack members carried out a large cake with candles; the whole pack can't happy birthday a few days later than her actual date.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 5.5K 53
3 BOOK SERIES PUT INTO ONE BOOK Genevieve has been alone for most of her life but her life changed when she accidentally attacked one of the male wol...
18.5K 600 32
"I'm sorry Luna," I said, with the little bit of respect I could muster and slightly bowed my head. "But I can't simply forgive you. You're still thi...
1K 94 5
Lycan's were the first beasts created by the moon goddess to protect gods creation; the humans, from Lucifer's creation; the Vampires. Once the dark...
10.7K 341 32
"Nerd" "Fat" "Worthless" "Loner" "Ugly" "pathetic" These were just some of the things Maze Skylar Grey heard her fellow classmates say about her mos...