Denial

By HILLYEee

"This bond is a mistake. Even Thea Seléni knows that" Queen Ismena Aria Ariti of Ourà Fengàri feels a pull to... More

||ABOUT|| & Character aesthetics
I
II
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
✨ EPILOGUE ✨

III

84 18 37
By HILLYEee

~~~
"I have to admit. Your lips look tempting"

Demitri sat in his office, planning how he could rid himself of the binds he had gotten stuck with. The lie the council in Ourà Fengàri and the witches in particular were forcing on him. The bond was either a lie or a mistake. He thought it was a mistake if it wasn't a lie because the prophecy didn't say he was the one going to be mated with a manipulator and bloodsucker. It could be anyone. Maybe the council wanted to force the prophecy to manifest itself soon. He knew of the Vivlio Xòrki and that book was most sacred to all worshippers of the moon so they knew not to mess with it but no part of him could accept that he was what the prophecy referred to. He wouldn't put it past the witches to manipulate every member of the council to lie about it. And besides the keeper of the Vivlio Xòrki was a bloodsucker. Those creatures normally sided with the manipulators.

He heard footsteps and scented his Vita before he even knocked.

"Come in". Àlfa Demitri answered

"Àlfa". Vita Vier acknowledged, showing his neck as a sign of submission and respect.

"Vier you know we're friends. You needn't be so formal with me when nobody is watching.". Demitri told him

"It's important to show respect even when nobody is watching". Vita Vier countered making Demitri roll his eyes.

Vier snickered and sat in the couch in Demitri's office.

"Any news?" Demitri asked

"Nothing you have to know". Vier replied

"Nothing I have to know?" Demitri asked switching from playful to serious in a nanosecond.

"Calm your balls, Demi. I meant nothing important. You're too much of a dick these days". Vier said with a chuckle.

"You would be a dick if witches were toying with you" Demitri muttered.

"That's true but considering what they read from the Vivlio Xòrki, I suppose there's some truth in it. You know what they say, there's a truth hidden in every twisted lie"

"That's impossible, Vier. It's a blatant lie. Just a fucking game of manipulation. I don't know why you and Meena don't see that".

"Maybe you should try accepting the bond, you know. You'd know if it's real or not". Vier advised.

"Over my dead body". Demitri cursed.

"Demi, you know there will be consequences if there's even a little truth to what we think is a lie".

"There will only be consequences if and only if I accept a deceitful bond that I'm mated to a manipulator. A witch and a bloodsucker!". Demitri said

"I really think that you should give it a try. That's the only way to find out if it's true or not"

"It's a lie. No two ways about that. You very well know that I'm destined to be without a mate".

"Maybe that's not it. And maybe you could take to the Vasílissa. She led today's trial in a just way. Maybe she wouldn't mind helping you find out if it's true. "

"That bloodsucker is probably speer heading their plans"

"I doubt that. Besides she didn't look like she was pleased with your presence. I'm certain she'd be more than happy to help you rid yourselves of whatever bond there is"

"You have a point. We do have one thing in common. Hate. That's it."

"Demi". Vier called after a long pause.

"What if it's not a game or a lie?" He asked Demitri

"Vier, we're sworn enemies even before birth. That's no way it's going to work even if, if it's not a game or a lie"

"Well, you have a point". Vier admitted and leaned back into the couch and closed his eyes.

"Have you been banished from your home? ". Demitri asked Vier seeing that he'd closed his eyes.

"No"

"So why are you trying to sleep in the couch. Again?"

"You're great company". Vier said. It was a lie obviously.

"Over your mate?"

"That's not fair. You could have used someone else but my mate, that's out of question"

"Okay. I get it now. You clearly have been banished. For how long?" Demitri asked.

"Till I explain why I left without informing her"

"Oh.". Demitri said. Recognition shinning in his eyes.

"Yep"

"You can tell her". Demitri gave him permission.

For all the pack members knew, nothing had happened on the pack borders and they hadn't left the pack either. Their journey to Ourà Fengàri and everything about the meeting was confidential information. That's why Vier needed permission to share it with anyone. Even his mate.

"Thank you. But you're still great company. I'm staying till you leave"

"Then we might be stuck here together for a long time"

"Doing what? Reading history of witches and werewolves? No thanks". Vier said feigning disgust at the thought.

"Well that's what I'm doing so if you're so willing to stay,then go ahead"

"Not today, Demi. You've been locked up in your office even before this...". Vier trailed off, not sure what to say anymore. " This whole mate, game, thing. Like you're hiding from someone or something" He finally found words to finish his sentence.

"Adonis is on edge. Has been for weeks now"

"Go for a run". Vier suggested.

"As if I don't do that on a daily basis". Demitri muttered.

"Still. Imprisoning yourself here in your office and refusing to step out to see the moon won't help". Vier told him.

"Nothing else is proving helpful so I choose this"

"Okay. Keep being stubborn". Vier muttered, closing his eyes to claim his much needed rest.

Demitri wanted to smack the back of Vier's head. He of people should know that he wasn't being stubborn. The witches had bruised them, scarred them and caused them to leave Ourà Fengàri and managed to turn everything and everyone against them. That was the story every werewolf knew at heart. And that's the source of enmity between them. And the Vampires were more aligned with them yet they also betrayed them, increasing their plight with more lies to ruin them.

~~~

Ourà Fengàri

Aria was training with Lina. Poor Lina. She multi tasked as her Aria's bodyguard, best friend, sister and advisor. Lina was practically her rock so when she was in a mood and she threw a fit, Lina was on the receiving end of it. If she was sad, her younger sister served as her comforter.
So they were currently training as Aria had put it on a day they didn't have training. Just because she was on edge. It was such a good thing that Vampires in the Queendom were only allowed to drink from their mates or hunt the forest on the Queendom's territory. With the way her emotions were out of control,she would have gone on a murdering spree. She'd kill anyone that annoyed her at first sight. That's why everyone stayed on her good side. They'd seen the Vasílissa angry once but that one time was enough for them to know better than irritate her or cause any form of trouble.

Lina dropped her sword and lifted her hands in surrender. She was damn tired but her sister clearly wasn't done yet.

"I give up, Aria. You win today". Lina told her.

"That's not your best shot, Lina. You're holding out on me. I said your best shot". Aria complained.

"I tried Aria. I'm tired. I have needs too, remember?"

"So your needs are more important than your Vasílissa?". Aria asked.

"Oh no don't pull that card on me. You know it's not like that. We've been sparring all day since you woke up. You've refused to eat breakfast and it's past noon."

"I'm feel like doing anything else"

"Maybe you should eat first and take a stroll?". Lina suggested, uncertain of her words. She didn't really need to choose her words around her sister when they didn't have to act like a master and a servant. Even if she said the wrong words,it wouldn't cause much trouble.

"So that I meet that beast of a traitor? Thank you but I think I'll pass". Aria said.

" Do you have any other option?" Lina asked her

"Yes. Training" Aria answered with a smile making Lina sigh.

"Sparring! And using me for that matter. If you say training, we have training twice weekly because you're the Vasílissa and you have duties. Now tell me what's this constant training for? War against the wolves? Pre- training as you call it for the second greatest war in history? Training against consequences you'll face for defying Thea Seléni?" Lina quizzed.

"You're being harsh". Aria muttered. It was a lie. She was too aware that her sister wasn't being harsh. She's just being her sister and bodyguard in every sense. She just wanted to make her feel bad but it didn't seem to be working as she saw that look on Lina's face remain unchanged.

"You know I'm not. I'm only being truthful. Seriously. You're out of options. Just take a stroll outside the Queendom's borders like you usually did. You're used to the air in this Queendom. Get out into the woods. You could hunt while you're there. Your eyes keep switching from black to red. You're bloodthirsty."

Aria considered her sister's words. They were true. She didn't have options to weigh but she wished she did. She doubted her acclaimed mate would be around for their paths to cross yet she couldn't risk meeting him. She didn't know what could and would happen if they met again. In the forest, alone. Just the two of them. When they first met, she healed his injured wolf.
Who knows? She could kiss him if they met again.
Whatever the oi moíres wanted from her, she couldn't give. They better look for someone else. Someone more willing. Maybe a fae or fairy. Not a vampire and certainly not a witch.
To her werewolves were meant to be in seclusion till their extension. Oh how she hoped they would actually go extinct. She wanted the world to rid itself of beasts like them. A mistake. A group of traitors. That's how she saw them. A bunch of out of control creatures that couldn't be civilized or accept change that didn't come with their superiority over everyone and everything.

"Aria". Lina called making her sister snap out of her thoughts.

"Lina". She looked at her now.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No. Apart from the mistake of the fates, I think"

"You had a scowl on for like a minute straight. Are you planning to also breach the statement of the treaty"

"No. I'd never do that. What would I want on their land anyway?"

"Your mate" Lina said in amusement much to her sister's annoyance.

"Fuck you, Lina"

"I'm sorry but I don't swing that way and besides we'd be commiting incest. Ew" Lina said making a disgusted face.

"You know what I'm going for that walk. Another minute with you and I'll go bonkers". Aria said and turned to leave.

"Aww are you offended? Sister dearest? I love you a lot but not in that way". Lina teased.

Aria just shook her head and kept walking. That was one reason why it was impossible to be mad around Lina for a long time. She had such a bright personality mostly filled with sarcasm. You never said anything around Lina. She'd find a way to make that 'just anything' you said mean a whole lot of things.
Just like how her 'fuck you' which actually meant for her sister to back off was turned to her wanted to sleep with her.

The keepers of the border were high on alert when she reached the border of Ourà Fengàri. She responded to their muffled greetings with a simple nod and spoke, commanding the borders to open for her to pass. She understood their reason to be alert. She didn't know if those keepers were even trust worthy. The person she trusted most among them was probably rotting away in the dungeon.
If Lyren had found it so easy to cause trouble breaking the rules of the treaty, she wouldn't put it past the rest of them to do worse. Well, except one of them.

She mentally thanked Lina for the push. The stroll was exactly what she needed but she wasn't going to say that loud of course. Lina would be too proud and tease her about her useless stubborn attitude till whenever she felt like stopping. And Lina was a great tease. An annoying tease. And a very persistent one. So no she wasn't going to admit to her sister that she'd been right.
She enjoyed the gush of the wind that blew her red cape in different directions. She revelled in the comfort of the flowers, the calming eerie noises of animals in the forest. The chirping of birds, the swishing of leaves and the flow of the rivers surrounding the forest. That's one thing she lived for. Nature. She loved nature. That was the reason she enjoyed going for those walks. And that traitor deprived her of that joy for days. Just with his cursed presence.

It was almost dusk when she decided to turn back into the Queendom. She'd been extremely careful enough to steer clear of the territory of the werewolves. The last thing she wanted happening was her landing herself in their den. For them to devour her like they wanted to. Those loose barbarians. She cursed inwardly as a shiver ran up her spine.

"So how was your walk, Vasílissa?" Lina asked with a hint of laughter in her voice.

"Lina I just got back. At least let me take a bath and change into some night clothes before you bombard me with questions" Aria said avoiding her questions knowing that Lina wouldn't stop at one.

"You're just avoiding my question but I'll wait for you. Have your bath. There's food waiting for you. I'll saved mine so we could eat together"

"Oh alright" Aria said and went into her bed chamber.

Just as she said, Lina was in the dinning room waiting for her.
Lina waited for Aria to take a bite of her food before she also took a bite of hers.

"How are you feeling?". Lina asked.

"Much better". Aria replied

"You mood is an improvement so I'm guessing you didn't meet any traitor".

"Thankfully, not"

"And how was your walk? You never answered".

"Great"

"That's good. I wasn't wrong after all". Lina said proudly smiling at her sister.

Aria threw her arms up in the air. That's what she'd been trying to avoid. To her relief her sister only laughed and stopped pressing matters or bugging her with questions.

After they ate she bade Lina goodnight and locked the door to her room. The west wing of the palace was all hers. And the east belonged to Lina. So they got all the privacy they wanted.

Sleep didn't come to her as easily as it usually did but it still came as she fell into a dreamless one.

Someone was rapping on her door. Heavily, loudly the person knocked on the heavy oak doors that guarded her room. She groaned and covered her face with a pillow. It was still dawn. Not even morning. Whoever was disturbing her sleep could fuck off.
A few seconds after the rapping stopped she sighed in delight. Glad that whoever it was had stopped but not long after the pillow was pulled off her face to reveal her sister. She looked at her window of find it open. Of course. Vampire abilities.
Aria mentally rolled her eyes and sat up.

"What's it, Lina?".

"Demitri is here. Asking to see you"

"Seriously you couldn't come up with a better lie?"

"I'm serious. I didn't feel like sleeping."

"Ugh. I thought that the sleeping spells weren't working on you."

"I went out to watch the night sky and not long after he was standing there and I asked him what he wanted. I was afraid someone had broken the rules again. But he said there was something he needed to discuss with you"

"Lina"

"Aria I'm serious."

"Okay fine. Let's go. Please don't leave me alone with the traitor. I wonder what he wants"

Aria tied her robe and went down with Lina.
Demitri had listened to Vier. He did have a point after all. Maybe they could take it out. He didn't want to be dramatic to go when the Queendom was high on alertness so he chose a time where they were mostly quiet.

"What are you doing here at this time of the day? You know you're not welcome here". Aria said immediately she spotted him.

"Won't you let me in first,at least". Demitri said smugly.

"We're enemies remember?". Aria reminded him.

"Yes and that's part of the reasons why I'm here though I don't want to be"

"Kathόs sou le vi anoixeis
Mi me arnitheis". Aria lifted her hands and muttered, breaking the spell that prevented him from entering the territory of the Queendom.

"Thank you"

"Hmmm. At least you aren't totally barbaric". Aria muttered.

"And at least you're controlling your bloodsucking instincts". Demitri shot back.

"You're freaking lucky my sister saw you first. Had it been anyone else I don't think you'd be breathing properly right now"

"Oh. You give me such little credit."

"Why exactly have you come here?". Aria asked. By now they were close. Aria didn't have any intention of treating him like a guest so she decided whatever he had to say would be said at the borders. And even that she was being kind. At least he wasn't standing outside of it.

"I don't believe we're actually mates" Demitri told her

"Neither do I"

"I figured. And I think someone's playing games"

"None of the people in the Queendom are traitors like you so if you think for a second someone here would plan something like that, you're wrong"

"Oh really?" Demitri asked, his face just an inch away from her. He studied her face.
It was probably the only chance he'd get to get that close. As he did,his wolf surfaced, his eyes flashing a deep shade of gold as he took in her rosy lips and pointed nose. He found the mole on her nose pleasing him. He thought it made her more attractive.
He didn't realize he was leaning in slowly. She didn't seem to realize she was leaning in either. Her fangs were threatening to taste his blood because the sweet smell was overwhelming her. Her gums ached and he seemed like he alone could stop the ache.

"Kardíà!". The voice startled them both.

Shit. The stupid bond was making them lean into each other. Of course it was the bond.

"Doukai!" Aria almost sang his name in relief as he came to gather her in his arms.
He'd been standing at a distance, watching their exchange and he couldn't stand and watch them kiss. No. He'd rather die before it happened. He knew Aria too well to doubt her for a second.

Demitri stood there, very shocked. His wolf was hurt as he retreated.

"Kardíà". Demitri whispered as he turned to leave.
They hadn't even been paying attention to him so they didn't see him go.

Demitri ran all the way back to his pack. He didn't know what he was expecting. His human side was angry but his wolf was torn apart.
Maybe he'd expected her to suddenly stop hating him and forget they're enemies.
She was already planning to mate with someone else. Most probably or so he thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 2.8K 44
Rejected by her mate five years ago, Eva Highwater has been tormented by the mate bond with her mate Alpha Dante Black - all because her wolf will no...
1.4K 187 20
Autumn- I am not wolfless but my silver wolf needs my mate to unlock its potential. I'd been mateless for years until the fight that suddenly erupted...
211K 10.4K 111
"The Moon makes you a half... and then you find your mate. And together, the two of you, make a full" ***** It didn't start with a rejection. ...
9K 360 21
Welcome back! If you haven't read My Sister's Boyfriend, GO BACK (but not before following and adding this to your library) and CATCH UP! Wyd?!? ***...