Mechanical Error

By HannahBuckman19

Born from a Mother who died at childbirth and a Father that thought the world of his daughter. Odette was t... More

Thomas Sharpe
Machine
Lucille
Snow
Bedrest
Sweet
Breakfast
Fireplace
Carnegie
The Family (18+)
America (18+)
Skibo Castle (A/N)
Heaven and Hell
Coffee and Porridge
No More
Train
Paradise
Piano Keys
The End

Happy After

491 14 1
By HannahBuckman19

Four Years Later

"Mommy?!" I turned from the stove to see my little girl walk in with her little tinkering toy. "When's daddy coming home?"

I pulled the pot off the hot plate and walked over to little Angeline. "Daddy is working but he should be back soon."

A year after we moved here we found out Lucille was arrested for not only killing her mother but for poisoning Thomas's previous wife. At first, I was shocked Thomas never mentioned a wife before me but then realized he probably didn't want to start a relationship as a widower.

I always knew there was something strange and dark with Lucille and I could never put my finger on it. But now I know, I know everything, Thomas told me the truth about their relationship, and I was disgusted. I didn't talk to him for a while and that caused him to head back to Allerdale Hall to start his work.

So far he has torn down the mansion and built more machines, the whole land is being dug up and the red clay sold. I am proud of Thomas but, I miss him, he has been building his company there for almost two months.

He writes every week, sends gifts to his Angel once and a while. But I hate him not being here, I feel like it is my fault for pushing him away. I don't want a family that is broken, I want Thomas to be a father like my own. I know he loves me and loves Angel, but what if I hurt him too much.

"Daddy should be back soon, sweetheart. He is just busy." I brushed her raven hair behind her ear. "Dinner is almost ready. What do you say we go to town and get us some ice cream when we finish."

Her blue eyes sparkled. "You promise?" I nodded. "Can daddy meet us there?"

I smiled a broken smile. "Daddy is super busy. But maybe next time." Angel frowned. "Don't worry baby." I hugged her. "Daddy will be back, he's coming back." I rubbed her back. He will be back, he won't leave us, he won't leave you.

"Mommy? I smell something funny." I sniffed the air.

"Shit." I jumped away and took the pot off the stove and onto the table. "Damn it." A tear slipped my eye. Just another thing burning.

"Mommy it's ok." Angel walked over. "Don't cry, I can help you make another one."

I smiled and wiped my tears. "I'm fine, baby. How about we go out to town to eat?" Angel nodded. "Alright. Go get your coat and shoes on, I'll meet you at the door."

"Ok, mommy." Angel turned and walked out.

Get yourself straight, Odette! I took the pot and put it in the sink to soak.

He will be back, he won't abandon Angel. After I cleaned up what was to be dinner I walked out to the main entrance where Angel was waiting patiently.

"Are you all ready to leave?" I got my coat out of the closet and slipped on my shoes.

"I'm ready." She hopped off the chair and ran to my open hand. "Where are we going?"

I smiled down at her. "Anywhere specific you want to go?" I moved her out the door first and closed it behind us.

"Can we get spaghetti?" I locked the door.

"Of course, sweety." We walked down the stairs to the motorcar you would see in a museum back in my world. of course, Thomas and I altered it so it was safe, the times haven't caught up to car safety features yet. "Hop in." I opened the door and Angel climbed in.

"Can we go to the store?" I got in the car and turned it on to warm up. "I want to get daddy tools to help him work faster so he can come home."

My smile faded. "Yes sweety, put your seatbelt on."

I heard a click and I put the car in drive, the air was cold but the small heating system Thomas installed helped a little. The car moved forward and we headed off to the town I've grown to love.

"How about Ristorantes, that's Italian." I pulled into a parking spot. "Is that good sweety?" I turned around to see a sleeping little Angel.

She looks like Thomas when she sleeps. I smiled and got out of the car. The streets were busy and the sidewalks bare, my shoes crunched the snow covered the ground.

I opened the back door. "Wake up, baby." I took her seatbelt off. "We are here."

She purses her lips. "I'm tired." She breathed.

"I know baby but you need dinner." I picked her up out of her seat. "My baby is getting too light." I put her on my hip and she wrapped her arms around my neck. "Come on." I closed the door and headed into the restaurant.

"Mommy, I'm tired." Angel buried her head in the crook of my neck.

"Do you want to take the food home?" Angel nodded. "Alright. Do you want pasta still?"

"Yes, please." She has such good manners even when she is sleeping.

I ordered two pasta meals and garlic bread, it came out surprisingly fast too. The ride back was quiet but I had the radio playing in the background, yes we also installed a radio. Thomas and I have special privileges since I know all the future tech and Thomas is a crazy genius engineer.

The car pulled up in front of the house and I got out to get Angel who was starting to wake. "Hey, we are home." I helped her unbuckle and get out of the car. "Why don't you go on inside while I get the food." I handed her the keys.

She rubbed her eyes. "Ok, mommy." She took the keys and went to the door. I leaned back in my door and picked up the food from the passenger seat. "Mommy is already unlocked."I'm sure I locked it. I did lock it!

"Angel!" I dropped the food and ran into the house. "Angel?!"

"Yes, mommy?" She walked out of the dining room. Oh, thank god.

"Angel, come here." I held my hand out.

"But mommy come look." She ran back into the dining room.

"Angel!" I ran after her. "Angel-." The dining room table was set and had food on it. "How..?"

Angel sat down at her seat. "Come sit mommy." She said happily. "I'm going to go help." She jumped out of her chair and ran out of the door that lead to the kitchen.

".. hold... sweety... go sit... I can carry it, angel, just open the door for me." My body stiffened at the familiar voice. The door opened and Angel held it as Thomas walked through with serving plates of food. "Hello." He smiled slightly.

Tears left my eyes. "Mommy, don't cry again." Angel ran to me and hugged my legs. "Don't cry." Thomas frowned and walked to place the plates down. "Daddy's home."

Thomas walked around the table and over to me. "Love?" He searched my eyes. "I'm back."

"You left."
"I did."
"You abandoned Angel."
"I would never."
"It's my fault you left."
"It is not."

"Mommy, daddy, I'm hungry." Angel called from the table.

"We will be right there, my little Angel." Thomas said still looking into my eyes. "It was not you, I felt like I broke our relationship and I was scared. I know now that leaving was wrong." He cupped my cheek. "I'm sorry."

"Months Thomas, months." I cried. "I have missed you for months and all I received were letters." I sniffled. "Angel asked every day when you were going to come back." Thomas teared up. "I felt alone, I felt trapped in this house. I stayed strong for Angel but I still felt broken."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He wiped the tears away with his thumb. "I promise with all my heart I will never leave you again. The business is stable and I have a trustworthy man to look over it while I am away."

I shook my head. "I don't mind if you leave for work. I don't care if you leave me, just don't leave Angel. I can't have her growing up without a father, I want her to have a father. You need to promise you won't leave her."

"Odette, I promise not to leave either of you. Never again." Thomas broke into a smile. "I promise. You are my world, you both are my life. I will never abandon my family." He slowly kissed me. "I love you, always and forever."

"Mommy! Daddy! Come on. I'm hungry!" We laughed and broke the kiss.

"I love you too, always and forever." I gave him one last kiss before pulling him to the table.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Don't Forget To Vote
If You Liked This Chapter

I Always Love Feedback As Well
Good or Bad

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 7.1K 17
Allerdale Hall had to be the creepiest place (y/n) ever set foot on. She didn't want to be there, but she had no choice. As her father's assistant in...
26.4K 878 26
"do you really think that you love me?" "if i didn't, you'd already be dead." Avery Locke knows things, things most normal teenagers don't. For start...
1.7K 82 18
𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂 (6) "She's dead." "Dead? What does that mean?" The young girl asked with morbid curiosity. "It means, she isn't here...
378 1 9
❝ why do you care? ❞ ❝ i don't. ❞ ❝ then why did you save me? ❞ 💫 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, athena mikaelson, one and only daughter of klaus mikaelson, atten...