The Sister

By kmart1212

Discover what it's like to break down, and be picked back up again, but once your down again...you'll never c... More

Chapter One: On My Own (Revised)
Chapter Two: The Questions (Revised)
Chapter Three: Home (Revised)
Chapter Four: Loneliness (Revised)
Chapter Five: Planning
Chapter Six: Doctors Don't Tell Good News
Chapter Seven: The Funeral
Chapter Eight: The Diner
Chapter Nine: Home
Chapter Ten: School Sucks Sometimes (SSS)
Chapter Eleven: Help
Chapter Twelve: Will
Cade's POV
Chapter Fourteen: Dreams
Chapter Fiveteen: Ray
Chapter Sixteen: New Kid
Chapter Seventeen: Supporting Friend Network (SFN)
Chapter Eighteen: Birthday Party
Chapter Nineteen: A Call For Help
Chapter Twenty: Hospital
Chapter Twenty One: My New Life
Chapter Twenty Two: Baby Bump
Chapter Twenty Three: Gender
Chapter Twenty Four: Sage and Chase
Year Later
!!!!ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

Chapter Thirteen: Back to School

86 4 0
By kmart1212

I wake up to complete scilence. Slowly I lift my head out of Cade's lap cautious of waking him up. On the bed were Eli and July sleeping, I look over to Cade and he was resting his head against the wall, also sleeping. Since everyone was still asleep I get up, go to the bathroom, change my tampon -Luckily my period has slowed down a little- , I flush to the toilet, and walk out into my parent's room. All of them were still sleeping. Quietly I headed up the creaky basement steps, I open the door to the upstairs with my parents' will in my hand. My grandma was sitting at the counter top reading the newspaper. "Morning Grandma!"

"Morning darling, what is that in your hand?"

"Mom and dad's will!" I run over to my grandma and hand it to her. She read it over, gave me a hug, and she looked thrilled.

"Katelyn you don't know this but your parents were extremely wealthy. They were planning on buying a new house in this neighborhood and fixing it up. You have so much money. I guess we have to get you a trampoline!" My parents were...wealthy?

"Wealthy?! That's awesome! I get a trampoline!!"

"Shh! The three of them still have a half an hour to sleep. They were up talking late last night. And I have to tell you something that we all know except you," even July?! My best friend? Must be a good thing then. "The boys are actually here 'till Monday, and I'm going to allow you guys to sleep together these times. I trust you Kay, I really do!" I ran over and hug her.

"Oh thank you grandma! Thank you so much!" She pays my back, and continues on reading the newspaper.

"I will bring this to court and let them see this," my grandma says motioning to the will.

"Okay!" Since I had about and hour and fifteen minutes to get ready I decided I was going to curl my hair. So I slipped on a white shirt, jeans, and a red infinity scarf. When I curl my hair it tends to take a while, so I curled my strands of hair into beautiful curls. After I was done I went into the kitchen, and are a bowl of Trix cereal. Finally it was time to get everyone up. They only had fifteen minutes, but they could manage. "Wake up," I whisper to Cade. Once his eyes open I kiss his cheek, and move over to the bed. I start shaking the bed and shouting, "earthquake! Earthquake!" Until they were finally awake and alert. "Get up! Fifteen minutes to get ready!" Immediately July sprang out of bed, skipped up the steps to the kitchen, and ran into my room. The boys give eachother a glance, and start cracking up with laughter. "Come on guys! Get going, we only have a little time." They got up. Eli started walking up the steps, but Csde was rubbing his back and neck. "You okay?"

"I guess I shouldn't sleep against a wall next time. My neck and back hurt really bad."

"We'll take it easy there, don't want you getting hurt!"

"Don't worry. But can you grandma give me a note, for Phy E.D.?"

"Sure thing," I go on my tippy toes, kiss his cheek again, and go up the stairs to tell my grandma. She said to give him some Ibuprofen and a glass of water while she wrote out the note. About 10 minutes later everyone had ate and gotten dressed. July and Eli hopped into my grandma's mini van first, so they got the back. That meant Cade and I had to have the middle.

We arrived at school, and pulled into the drop off lane. I jumped out first followed by Cade, Eli, and then July. Cade grabbed my hand, and Eli grabbed July's and we walked toward the school. Then I saw James, stopping me dead in my tracks. "It's okay, we've got your back," I turned around the see July and my whole group of girls walking behind me. I nod to them , squeeze Cade's hand, and continue walking.

"Hey! Hey! Katelyn! Can I please talk to you,"I was super scared. James wanted to talk to me! "Alone." I let Cade's hand go, and turn to all of my friends. They nodded their heads in a reassuring we-got-your-back kinda nod. Frightened, I continued over to James. "Thank you for coming over here. I just wanted to say I was super dumb for making that announcement when I could have handle that more mature. I was just really jealous," anger rose in side of me, but I pushed it out of the way.

"It's fine. Obviously I will never fully forgive you, but I don't completely hate you as much as I did. You really hurt me for the second time. This time mentally though. We can't be friends, and never will be, I'm sorry. Hopefully you understand," at least I can handle something maturely!

"I understand," that's all he said. He walked off with just that?! Wow! Chicken! I walked back to my friends, took Cade's hand that was being held out to me, and we walked to school in scilence. I knew when I walked in I would have to face the humiliation. However when I walked in people came up to me and said sorry for laughing at me. Some said they wished for the same things. I just mumbled back thank you everytime. Everyone was reassuring me. I was back to being the kind, popular girl I was before the accident. We had our first four classes, lunch, and recess. For recess I ran around the track with July. While Cade and Eli cheered for us in the stands since Cade's back and neck still hurt. After recess I changed back into my normal clothes, and went to World Geography, English, Reading, and finally gym. Today was dodgeball Friday, so we played dodgeball until the bell to get ready to go home rang. We had five minutes to change and pack up our backpacks. Before we could leave school the announcer clicked on, "Katelyn, July, Eli, and Cade to the office please. Thank you." Everyone started shouting oooo! So I just walked down with Cade and July. Eli was in the bathroom. Funny how the four of us ended up in the same class this year.

"Welcome kids. Katelyn's grandma called and said she has fallen ill, and was going to the doctor, so you guys will ride the bus. That's all," shocked to stare at her with my mouth hung open. Millions of questions raced in my mind. Could she drive? Was she ok? Did she need my help? When will she be home? Can I call her? Visit her? Tears began to form and fall down my cheeks. Before Cade could notice, July came over and wrapped my in a huge hug. She bent down, and told me to get on her back. She gave me a piggy back ride back to class, and once we got in every circled around us asking what happened. Eli told them everything. Cade pushed through the crowd of comforting students, and also gave me a hug like July. We stood there hugging in front of a teacher until the bell rang. Frankly? I'm surprised we didn't get yelled at for hugging, but right now. That's the least of my worries. We climbed the bus steps onto bus seven, and we rode the rest of the way home in scilence. Me by Cade. July by Eli. "Have a good night girls and boys!" Said the bus driver, Abby, as she pulled up to the stop. She flung open the school bus doors, and I ran. Not home, not to the hospital, but to the woods. I heard my name being called but I didn't care.

I ran and ran and ran. Only untill my Kings were screaming for breath did I stop. No one was around, just complete scilence. That was until my iPhone started vibrateing. I picked it up, it was Eli, "please come back. We can't find you, and Cade is worried sick! Your grandma left a note with all of her co tact info, July called her, told her what happen, and your grandma said she will be home in an hour. She hopes to see you there when she gets there," he kept going on about my grandma being sick, driving there, saying that the doctor gave her pills, doctor said she was okay, just needs to not be so stressed all the time, and then he hung up. Never let me get a word out. I walked along the side of the woods, and arrived home.

Cade jumped from the stool, knocking it over, and grabbed my arm. He pulled me into my room and locked the door. I started crying while he laid me down on my bed. We lay there while I cry. He comforts me and says everything will be okay. We knew my grandma was home because we heard he talking to July and Eli. Then she walked past my room, into her room, but never peaked her head in. I look over at my alarm clock: 5:39. July walks in with Eli right behind her, and they turn on my curve TV that was in my room. They pluged in the Wii, and all of us ended up playing baseball and tennis. All the competition took over my sadness, and I was happy again. Without even asking my grandma we ordered Domino's pizza. They delivered it to my house, and we sat in my room with two, two liters bottles of Orange Crush, and Dr. Pepper. Grandma popped her head in saw we had pizza, grabbed three pieces, said "hi" to us, told us about the doctor's office and left us alone. I put on my iTunes Radio, and we jam out. Around 11:30 we were pooped from all the talking and singing. We decided my bed was too small for two. Cade and I went into the basement to sleep in my parents room, and July and Eli took the other guest bedroom that was located in the basement. They were right next to eachother in the hallway.

I hit the memory foam pillow that was my mom's and I fell into a deep dark sleep. Then I had a dream...

"Mom! Dad! Can Lily, Jake, and I have pizza?!" Me talking.

"Sure! Whatever you want! We are all going to die tomorrow in a car crash. All of us that is except Katelyn. Kay take care of the house!" My mom.

"Okay! I promise I will!" What a dumb dream, I don't even relize what she just said!

"Thank you I love-"

My dream was cut off by Cade shaking me. "You were trembling Katelyn. You okay?"

"Yeah I was just having a dream, sorry for waking you."

"It's okay, night," and was fell back a sleep. My mind went back into the dream

It was the next day. We were on the road, I knew what was going to happen. Then the crash, and it all repeated again.

I jerk awake. Cade was still sleeping. I flip over to my other side and slept. Finally not having the horrifying dream.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
23.7K 905 34
Desi doesn't believe in love. Especially after watching her sister become the Bachelorette and get her heart embarrassingly broken on live tv. That's...
5.1K 931 74
Madison is a reserved girl with a comfortable yet uneventful life back home. She has good grades, a loving sister, and a father who's intent on her l...
162K 1.9K 18
Ever wondered what it's like to be a boy? You're about to find out. Love isn't meant to be easy, everybody knows that, but is it meant to be this ha...