You don't need a guardian ang...

By Lahvee

What if MC received a guardian angel? Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters or the arts used More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 (Kegan's P.O.V)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 (Kegan's P.O.V)
Chapter 22 (Kegan's P.O.V)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (? P.O.V)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (Kegan's P.O.V)
Chapter 36 (Leviathan's P.O.V)
Chapter 38 (Kegan's P.O.V)
Chapter 38 (Leviathan's P.O.V)
Chapter 39 (Kegan's P.O.V)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Kegan's P.O.V)
A/N

Chapter 32 (Leviathan's P.O.V)

163 9 4
By Lahvee

*Okay for the song, it actually plays on a later part of this story so you can play it later then I guess

I was stunned for a second before I wrap my hands around her. She's hugging me so tightly, she must have been really scared. Okay this is awkward. I rack my brain to figure out what I should do. Shit, I don't know what to do. What are the comfort words? What do I say to her? Do I wait for her to stop crying before talking? Should I rub her back? Humans do that right to comfort each other? What do I do what do I do what do I-

"Thank you," she mumbles into my chest, "for saving me. I thought none of you would come, how did you know where to find me?"

"I saw him pull you towards the door. I was hesitating at first because it didn't look like you were in any trouble and you weren't fighting him. But everything just felt wrong when I couldn't find any of the others so I just... decided to check on you. I- I'm sorry for not coming the moment I see you." Guilt washes over me as she looks up at me. She's still wearing her mask, "l- let me help you to take off your mask." I fumble with the ribbon of her mask, stop being so nervous Leviathan! You're supposed to comfort her not get into a panic!

"Levi,"

"H- huh?" I look down at her. I've been so focused at opening her mask I didn't realize that she's been staring at me.

"Stop that,"

"S- stop what?" Did she not want me to open her mask? Levi you idiot, you should've wait for her to answer! Now look what you did!

"That guilty look in your eyes, stop it. It wasn't your fault, you couldn't have known, don't blame yourself." Oh. She pulls away from me and takes her mask from my hand. I instantly want to pull her back but I can't, you have a reputation Leviathan, you don't get buddy-buddy with normies! You don't do this mushy stuffs!

"Still I should have-"

"No, stop it. Let's not talk about it for now." She leans her head against my shoulder and a warm feeling blooms inside me. Wait no! I don't do this kind of thing but... I'm here to comfort MC. But I want this too, right? Damn it, what am I supposed to do? Oh Henry 2.0, if only you were here, I need to talk to you!

"A- are you okay?" Was that the right thing to say? No it's probably a dumb one, obviously she's not. Way to mess things up Levi, you can't take that back now. This isn't one of your games!

"I'm..." she frowns trying to think of a word that fits, "... fine I think? I mean I'm still shocked with what happened but I'm... more okay now?" She starts to ramble, trying to explain her feeling and finding the right word for it. I can't help but smile, it's kind of cute seeing her like this. Wait I don't call people cute!

"Okay okay I get it, you can stop rambling now,"

"I'm sorry, I must have sounded like Mammon right?" Never. Wait I can't just admit it like that!

"Actually yeah, a bit." She sighs. Oh no, did I upset her? I shouldn't have said that, I should have just said no and now she's upset. Oh no what should I-

"I must look horrible right now, don't I?" I blink at her. What the hell is she talking about? "The make-up must be ruined, Asmo is going to kill me." She suddenly jumps away from me, "oh no your shirt! What if I smudged it there? Levi-"

"Um actually, you look..." beautiful? No no I can't just say that! What should I- "you look pretty actually," why did I say that?!

"With ruined make-up?" She gives me a 'don't be ridiculous' face.

"Your make-up isn't ruined actually,"

"Wait, really? Do you have your D.D.D? Can I borrow it? I left mine in my room,"

"Sure, here." I watch her as she checks her reflection. She's worried for nothing- wait Levi, stop it with this thinking! You're not some normie!

"Wow, I have to thank Asmo later for this. I don't know if it's a special make-up of his or a spell but the make up didn't come off, impressive." She hands me back my D.D.D and I notice it for the first time.

"MC, your lip is still bleeding." I reach out to wipe it off and she stares at me.

"Levi?" I look up from her lips and just realize I didn't immediately pull my hand back after wiping the blood.

"I- I'm sorry MC! I wasn't- I mean- it's not- I'm sorry!" What is wrong with you today Levi? I cover my face and groan in embarrassment. I look up when MC suddenly laughs. She hasn't so much as smiled since I found her at the balcony. "W- why are you laughing?"

"You're flustered, it's cute," do you have to tease me about it? Still, I can't help but smile as I watch her, at least she's laughing now. I mentally shake my head, are you listening to yourself Levi? You sound like some lovesick normie!

"I think you have way too much fun teasing me." I stare at the lake, water shimmering because of the dancing moonlight and the moon reflected on the waters.

"Oh come on, don't sulk Levi." She nudges my shoulder as she leans against it again.

"I'm not sulking." I nudge her back. "Whatever, I'm just glad you're smiling again," I add quietly.

"What?"

"Nothing!" I shouldn't have said that damn it.

"Uh huh sure," she looks up at the moon, "hey, the moon looks beautiful tonight doesn't it?" Wait is this her way of.....no it can't be, don't be ridiculous Levi, this isn't one of your animes. I look up.

"It's night for the whole day, every day here. How is tonight any different?"

"It just... does, you don't think so?" I watch the moon carefully. She's right, there is something different about the moon tonight.

"I guess you're right," I agree.

"See? I told you!" Wait, should I do this?

"But you know what's even more beautiful?" I'm actually doing it oh my-

"We're doing this?" She laughs. She gets it! "Fine, what Levi?" Okay Levi, just tell her, you can do this.

You. "Ruri-chan," damn it Levi.

"Ruri-chan? Seriously?" She chuckles.

"What? Ruri-chan is the cutest when she goes up to the human world but as a demon she is very beautiful! And not just that," I continue to ramble about Ruri-chan before realizing and stopping myself. You were supposed to comfort her Levi! Not ramble on and on about Ruri-chan! She probably hates me now, oh no. I look at her to see her smiling. "Why are you smiling?"

"You look so passionate while talking about the things you like I don't have the heart to disturb you, it's quite cute you know?" I can't help but blush when she said that. She doesn't mind it? She's not annoyed at all? She'd actually listen to me ramble about the things I like? What kind of human- no angel, is she? How am I blessed with such a good friend?

"Um but y- you," get yourself together Levi, it's not that hard! If you can easily call Ruri-chan beautiful then it won't hurt to tell MC she looks beautiful too! It's time you should show her you could be a man too! "Y- you look beautiful too," I did it! Wait was that okay? Did I mess it up? If I did then-

"Thanks but you don't really have to say it you know?" I messed it up didn't I? "I know it's probably hard for you to compliment others so you don't really have to do it," she shrugs. She understands? How can someone be so nice?

"S- still, I just wanted to tell you," okay don't make it look like a big deal.

"You know, I didn't tell you this earlier but," oh no did I do something wrong? Is she going to tell me I'm annoying her? Or worse, is she going to say she hates me? "I like what you did with you hair," what? I reach up and touch my hair.

"Oh this? Asmo insisted on styling it this way and you know there's no fighting Asmo when he sets his mind of something." To be honest, I was really against it when Asmo suggested to change my hairstyle for tonight but like I said, there's no fighting him when he already decides on something and I was really embarrassed to show up that way but Lucifer dragged me out of my room.

"Well I think you look good with it,"

"R- really? Y- you think so?"

"Yeah and it's also good for this." She leans forward and kisses my forehead. HOLY-

"Don't do that without any warning," I hide my face as I feel my face get hot from blushing.

"Would you let me do it if I asked or gave you any warning?" She has a teasing smile on her face. She's teasing me on purpose to see me blush!

"Of- of course," I tell her quietly.

"Then I'll do it again, as thank you." She cups my cheeks and leans forward to kiss my forehead again. I'm going to die. Leviathan.exe has stopped functioning. "Is it okay if I did this to you? I don't want you to feel uncomfortable," she asks as she pulls back.

"I- I actually like it," I avoid meeting her eyes, gosh this is embarrassing. Did she have to ask that? Of course I'm okay with it.

"Well I'm glad you do." I glance at her and see her eyes light up. She looks at me excitedly. "Levi, dance with me!"

"W- what? D- dance?"

"Yeah, you skipped your turn back then so how about right now? There's nobody around!" She jumps up.

"I don't know, what are we even going to dance to? Are we dancing without music?"

"Of course not! We're near enough to the castle that we can still hear the music, that should be more than enough, come on!" She pulls my hand to make me get up.

*Okay the song can be played around here I guess

"Alright alright fine but how exactly are we going to dance? And what- what are you doing?"

"I'm taking off my shoes, do you have any idea how tiring it is to use heels?" She throws her shoes aside to where we had been sitting earlier. "And don't worry about how we're going to dance, it doesn't have to be a formal dance. No one is here to see us anyway. " She grabs my hand and starts to do a random dance.

I laugh and dance with her. She might have been the one who started it but I'm the one leading it right now. I twirled her around and she throws her head back to laugh. Right now, we're just messing around. We're just being goofy and having fun. Dancing the way we want, away from everyone else, not giving a care to the world. The lake shimmering in the background, the starry night sky. This part of the castle too is surprisingly decorated, soft fairy lights strung from tree to tree, I wonder whose idea was it. There are also glowing insects flying around that I didn't notice earlier, I think it's called a firefly in the Human World.

I focus back on MC and watch her eyes reflecting the lights and the glowing bugs. Her eyes look beautiful that way. I don't know how long this moment will last but right now, everything almost feels magical. I can't help but have a selfish wish, I wish we could stay like this forever. But that is just impossible, there is no way in the three realms that I could have the chance to have her this way for myself ever again. It's not like she likes me anyway, right? What am I talking about? This isn't like me at all, something's definitely wrong with me today. Still, I wouldn't mind protecting that small selfish wish, even if we will only ever be able to be like this for now. Suddenly the song changes into one for a slow dance and we look at each other before laughing.

"Up for a slow dance Levi?"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, don't tell me you're scared?"

"Bring it on," I don't know where this confidence came from but I guess I'll enjoy it while it last. I wrap my arms around her lower back, the other one holding her hand and guide her into the dance.

"Don't step on my feet Levi, you're wearing shoes and I'm bare footed here," she reminds me.

"I won't and make sure you don't too, I don't want my shoes to be dirty," I joke.

"Deal," she laughs and together we slow dance under the moonlight, our reflection dancing on the water. Her arms and body are surprisingly warm under my hand, it's been so long since I was last under the sun, is this what it feels like? "Something on your mind?"

"No, why?"

"You just look like it,"

"You're surprisingly warm that I'm reminded of the sun. You've been here for almost a year now, do you remember what it feels like? The sun on your skin?"

"Now that you mention it, I remember it being hot but I don't exactly remember what it feels like. Speaking of me being warm, you're surprisingly cold? Not really cold, just cold,"

"Really? I never noticed it,"

"You kind of remind me of the sun. Like you're warm, you're a cheerful sunshine type of person, when you're not angry that is." I continue listing off stuffs about her and had to mentally stop myself again. You weren't supposed to ramble Leviathan! "I'm sorry rambling, I must sound really cliche don't I?"

"I think it's cute," she grins.

"Quit it, I'm not cute,"

"No, you are," she fights back. We continue it back and forth and I spin us around. Apparently that was a wrong move since I did it a little too hard and the both of us almost lose our balance and fall into the lake. Good thing we only fell to the ground instead, laughing as we tumble down.

"Are you okay?" I ask her as I help her to stand back up.

"Yeah, this is so much fun, we should do this more often!"

"What? Falling?" I joke.

"No, I meant messing like this. Most of the time I spend time with you is either watching anime or playing games, this is a nice change, don't you think?"

"I guess you're right." I feel small droplets hit my arm and I look up to see it starting to rain. "MC it's raining!"

"Wanna play in the rain?"

"Are you kidding me? I'm not drying you back and you could get sick if we play in the rain! Who knows what Devildom rain will do to you humans, come on! We need to get back to the castle!" I pull her hand towards the castle but she pulls back.

"Levi! My shoes and mask!" Shit, I almost forget about that. I hurry to fetch it from under the tree before grabbing her hand and running towards the castle as the rain starts to pour down harder. The whole time we were laughing as we run and try not to slip on the wet grass, avoiding puddles before we get any dirtier. If MC gets sick Lucifer is so going to kill me. Not just him but all of them will! We reach the doors of the castle just in time before the rain completely drenches the both of us. The both of us are out of breath and lean against one of the pillars to catch our breaths but we're still laughing. The heavy rain is deafening now and we had to shout to hear each other's voice.

"Are you alright?" I say to her loudly.

"Yeah, man that was amazing! We have to do that again sometime!"

"No, you'll get sick!"

"But it's fun Levi!"

"You know it won't be fun if you get sick!" Both of us are wet and my damp hair is now sticking to my forehead. "Look at you, you're wet!"

"Say for yourself mister!"

"Wait, let me think of something." I remember a spell that could be used for drying and once I'm sure of how to do it I cast in on the two of us, making us dry instantly.

"I thought you said you won't dry me back?"

"Would you rather go back in wet? Now where's my thank you?"

"Thanks Levi!" She laughs. That laugh might just be my next favourite sound.

"Let me help you with you shoes." I kneel down to help her put it on.

"I feel like a princess," you are.

"Dream on," I tell her as I straighten back up.

"You have my gratitude Prince Leviathan," am I her prince charming now? That's such a normie thing but... it actually makes me happy.

"Come on, let's go back in. We need to find the others." She grabs my hand and follows me inside. Okay calm down Levi, she's just holding your hand no need to overreact. Still, I can't help but smile as we walk inside the ballroom until I remember, I have to go back to society. Well, it was fun while it lasts.

A/N: I personally love this chapter and what I had in mind for the first dance is something similar to that dance scene between Harry and Hermione in Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 1? Well anyways if you watch Harry Potter you'll know what scene I'm talking about. So the phrase "the moon is beautiful" can also be used as "i love you" and I did say I intended Levi to be the love interest in this so is this MC telling Levi she likes him? Go ahead and give it a guess. Does this seem like an out of character scene for Levi? Maybe, yes, but really, I think he could do something like this if only he had the confidence. Also, I loved that song and was addicted to listening to it on repeat for like 2 weeks? (I'm still not over it) I got the idea to write this scene when I listened to the song and I think it just fits nicely. Again, I want to say I suck at describing and didn't do the scene inside my head any justice. And really, most of this chapter is just Levi talking to himself which I think he does if Henry isn't there and as someone who has social anxiety, I know for a fact I talk to myself, a lot. The amount talking I do with myself is absolutely not normal but hey whoever said I was mentally stable?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 1.1K 13
(Note: I will be writing this mostly gender-friendly. If you catch a mistake, I apologize in advance. I am used to writing with a female lead in mind...
246K 5.3K 28
The title says it all. So please enjoy your time with those handsome demons ;)
1.1M 35K 106
Just some stories filled with fluff, angst, and I guess some crack of our favorite demon brothers and side characters :) the book/mc(y/n) is gender-n...
12.6K 352 12
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗯𝗲𝘆 𝗺𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀.