Kiss & Talk || Na Jaemin (S1)

By byJianLucas

"The feelings I have for you are genuine. I'm sorry if my cold self isn't letting you completely see my love... More

|| PROLOGUE ||
Chapter 1: Work; Hustle
Chapter 2: Inside My Head
Chapter 3: Little Sneak
Chapter 4: Odd Behavior
Chapter 5: You & I
Chapter 6: Someone to Lean On
Chapter 7: Begin to End
Chapter 8: Partners & Friends
Chapter 9: One More Time
Chapter 10: Need You Close
Chapter 11: Treasure You
Chapter 12: The Way It Starts
Chapter 13: Not Holding Back
Chapter 14: Upcoming Events
Chapter 15: Young & Untamable
Chapter 16: Wrong Directions
Chapter 17: Moving Forward
Chapter 18: One After Another
Chapter 19: Wicked Intentions
Chapter 20: Defending Love
Chapter 21: Meaningful Oaths
Chapter 22: Never Without You
Chapter 23: The Last Work
Chapter 24: When Love Fades
Chapter 25: Going Down
Chapter 27: Q&A
|| AUTHOR'S NOTE ||

Chapter 26: Against it All

82 0 0
By byJianLucas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Moments later*

-Jaemin's POV-

I laid Narae's body on the mattress and covered her with soft blankets, and then I stared at her, noticing how peaceful she looks, in her sleep. Shortly, I kissed Narae's head and caressed the side of her neck before walking out of the room to let her rest. Immediately, I returned to the living area with Jisung, sat close to my friend, and took a deep breath while letting my body rest against the couch's back.

-Thanks for helping me bring Narae. – I said while looking at Jisung.

-You're welcome; you know I consider Narae like my older sister, so I'm glad to help her. – Jisung sincerely spoke before pressing his hands together, looking somewhat distressed.

-What is it? – I asked.

-I feel sorry for what happened to Narae; she doesn't deserve to get kicked out of the skyscraper project. I saw her working so hard in the presentation, so I must differ from Mr. Na's decision. – Jisung disclosed while facing down. I patted his shoulder before nodding at his words, understanding how he thinks.

-Honestly, I don't recognize my father anymore, and after today, I want to leave the company sooner than ever. – I admitted, making Jisung look at me, stunned.

-Are you for real, hyung? – Jisung questioned, which I nodded for in response.

-I thought my father only cared about the talent among the employees or that the company's goal was to reunite creative minds together, to produce new projects. But he showed his ambition and how much he desires power more than anything else. – I pointed out, feeling disappointed by my father's actions.

-Do you still believe he can change? – Jisung asked, referring to my father.

-I hope so; I keep giving my father the benefit of the doubt since he's my family. But honestly, sometimes, it's hard to believe in him. – I spoke before sighing.

-Hyung, sooner or later, your father will see Eunju's genuine intentions. – Jisung said, trying to cheer up my spirits.

-My father has to see it; there's no doubt about it. However, I don't know when that'll happen. – I mentioned.

-Are you worried that Mr. Na can fall into Eunju's plan? – Jisung asked.

I nodded. -It appears my father already believes Eunju more than me. But what worries me the most is the plans Eunju has for Narae; she wants Yong Sangkyu to marry her. – I explained, feeling unsettled.

-Narae spoke about it with everybody, but we didn't believe Eunju could go as far as Narae stated. Now, I feel scared because I don't want my friend to suffer again. – Jisung pointed out, immediately capturing my attention.

-Again? Do you the story of her ex-boyfriend? – I asked, intrigued.

-Which one? – Jisung questioned.

I frowned, not understanding Jisung's inquiry. But soon, he noticed my confusion, causing him to pat my back.

-You only know about the university boyfriend, don't you? – Jisung questioned, which I nodded for in response.

-There's someone else. – I mentioned.

-Yes. Narae didn't mention his name, but this man appeared after she graduated, before coming to JJ's Company. They dated for almost a year, but Narae decided to end the relationship because this new guy tried to control her life. He was very overprotective and didn't let her do many things. According to Narae, the guy is a biologist and studied his engineer career in the same university as Ella. – Jisung disclosed, not missing any detail while talking about Narae's ex-boyfriend.

-Narae never spoke about him with me. Why? – I asked, confused.

-Narae doesn't enjoy talking about the past; she believes it takes precious time and energy. Therefore, she tries to avoid the conversation if it's possible, and since you never asked about her ex-boyfriends, she never told you. – Jisung spoke before looking at the hour on his phone, realizing is getting late. -Anyway, I hope you don't argue with Narae due to this new information; instead, try to understand her, hyung. – Jisung said as both of us stood up from the couch, shortly facing each other.

-Rest assured, I won't ask for more details. – I mentioned before hugging Jisung, briefly walking with him towards the entrance.

-Take care and see you this Sunday. – Jisung said before opening the door. I smiled at him and waved as he exited the apartment.

As soon as Jisung closed the door, I moved my head in circles, stretching my neck after the stressful day I had. Then, I took of the necktie and began to relax slightly more.

I should wake Narae up. I bet she wants to shower before going to sleep.

I nodded at my thoughts before walking towards the room. Then, opening the door and finding Narae asleep. Immediately, I got towards the bed and sat by her side before caressing her hair.

-Love, wake up. – I softly spoke near Narae's ear, and since she didn't open her eyes, I blew on her ear.

Suddenly, Narae moved her head, gently stretching her arms while opening her eyes. Shortly, she stared at me and began to smile before looking around.

-We are at my apartment. You slept at the office, so I brought you here; I hope you don't mind it. – I explained while smiling at my girlfriend.

-It's okay. Thank you for taking care of me again. – Narae said before breathing deeply, and then she took my hand.

-Are you okay? – I asked as I noticed how Narae began to play with my fingers.

-Yes, I'm only tired after working so much. – Narae said before looking at me, then caressing my hair.

-You are worried about something. I can see it. – I mentioned while staring at Narae's eyes.

-That's evident after what happened today, but I think I'll be alright. I still have the strength to overcome what's coming. – Narae assured me while smiling. I only nodded after hearing her words, briefly caressing her head.

*Later in the evening*

Narae took a shower after I did, so I waited for her inside the bedroom while reading a book. I tried to distract my current thoughts with anything I could, so I chose to begin another title before sleeping. It helped calm my anxiety and the abrupt ideas that appeared inside my head after my conversation with Jisung.

Currently, Narae is drying her hair with a towel while sitting on the bed's edge. I continued to read until I diverted my attention to look at Narae. Instantly, many questions about today's situation came into my head, causing me to leave my book aside and focus on my girlfriend.

-Hey, come here. – I told Narae, making her look back at me. Then, she left the towel on the room's chair before walking to the bed. Briefly, she crawled on the mattress, shortly reaching my arm and placing her head on it.

-Hi! – Narae cutely said, causing me to chuckle slightly. Then, I kissed her head and held her hand.

-You don't mind staying the night, do you? – I asked, to which Narae shook her head in response.

-Now, I don't mind. I remember when you brought me to your apartment for the first time. And oddly, it was the same way because I was asleep at work. – Narae pointed out, making me snicker at the sudden remembrance.

-I already liked you back then, so I didn't care to bring you here. – I admitted, causing Narae's cheeks to turn redder.

-Me too, but I didn't want to admit it. – Narae revealed, making me look at her, surprised.

-You hid that feeling well. I honestly thought you hated me. – I pointed out, making Narae laugh at me.

-I hated you whenever you were too earnest with me. But then, I understood why you did it. – Narae mentioned before looking back at me. -You wanted me to become better, didn't you? – Narae questioned, which I nodded for in response.

-You were already pretty good at your job, but I hoped to teach you how to work as a leader. – I said while remembering the days when I used to be only Narae's boss.

-I'm grateful you tried, but you were very strict. – Narae pointed out while pouting.

-And what about now? – I asked, intrigued.

-You are improving, but not too much. – Narae teased, making me look at her, upset.

-Yah! I am much better now. – I protested.

-Well, you are. – Narae smiled before looking at me, briefly kissing my cheek. I smiled at her before holding her tightly against me.

Are you honestly alright? I don't aspire for you to keep hiding your pain under a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.3K 3.5K 24
🔑 nct lee haechan soulmate fanfiction ❝ why do you keep staring at me? do you want to make out with me? ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: july 4, 2021 published:...
171K 8.6K 34
⌨ nct lee haechan gamer/fluff fanfiction ❝ you are my precious sanctuary that no one in the entire universe can replace ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: septemb...
127K 6.4K 39
markhyuck. ┅ the world decides your soulmate whether you like it or not. ❝yours is red too?❞ ▬ COMPLETED ✓ 03.07.21 markhyuck fanfiction. © MARKSOI...
9.2K 536 31
How can you stay in this world full of vampires? - READ TAGALOG VERSION HERE: @_jeongpeaches Date Started: November 2, 2021 Date Finished: