Kiss & Talk || Na Jaemin (S1)

By byJianLucas

"The feelings I have for you are genuine. I'm sorry if my cold self isn't letting you completely see my love... More

|| PROLOGUE ||
Chapter 1: Work; Hustle
Chapter 2: Inside My Head
Chapter 3: Little Sneak
Chapter 4: Odd Behavior
Chapter 5: You & I
Chapter 6: Someone to Lean On
Chapter 7: Begin to End
Chapter 8: Partners & Friends
Chapter 9: One More Time
Chapter 10: Need You Close
Chapter 11: Treasure You
Chapter 12: The Way It Starts
Chapter 13: Not Holding Back
Chapter 14: Upcoming Events
Chapter 15: Young & Untamable
Chapter 16: Wrong Directions
Chapter 17: Moving Forward
Chapter 18: One After Another
Chapter 19: Wicked Intentions
Chapter 20: Defending Love
Chapter 21: Meaningful Oaths
Chapter 22: Never Without You
Chapter 24: When Love Fades
Chapter 25: Going Down
Chapter 26: Against it All
Chapter 27: Q&A
|| AUTHOR'S NOTE ||

Chapter 23: The Last Work

60 1 0
By byJianLucas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Hours later*

-Narae's POV-

Time has gone by after the confrontation Jaemin had with his father. Several things already took place, like talking with the rest of the team about your latest work at JJ's Company and how everything will go during these last months with them. Naturally, everybody wanted you to stay or enroll in another agency together, but you told them to continue here since they already have a good position in the department. Yet, even though you tried to give your best smile at all times, you felt defeated; after all, you worked hard for the place you had at the corporation.

Currently, you are saving the documents of the skyscraper project. It is already complete; however, the presentation is still on hold. It might happen soon this coming week, but after what happened with Mr. Na, you doubt he'll pick you to speak at the campaign event. It honestly makes you feel awful to see how your future crumbles in front of your eyes. But there's nothing you can do, only stare and move on to better things.

As you continued to put your belongings inside your purse, you felt someone holding your waist from behind and soon found Jaemin standing next to you.

-Hey, what are you doing here? – You asked while closing your purse.

-Haechan told me it was your shift's end, so I came to go out with you. – Jaemin said, making you look at him, confused.

-I thought you were going out late. – You mentioned.

-I fixed several tasks today; therefore, I have more time for you. – Jaemin pointed out.

You released a subtle smile before looking at him. -Jaemin. I'm perfectly okay; you don't have to worry about anything. – You assured your boyfriend.

-Love, you were sad the entire day; did you think I wouldn't notice? – Jaemin questioned before caressing your chin. -Now, I can tell when you are forcing a smile or when you are genuinely happy. – Jaemin said before kissing your forehead.

-Now, I realize that my plan didn't work out as I wanted. – You heard Eunju speak, making both of you sigh, annoyed.

Eunju approached your spot, but before you could face her, Jaemin got between both. You looked at Jaemin, confused. Yet, he only shook his head and murmured, "I got it."

-What do you want? Ruin someone else's career? – Jaemin questioned, upset.

-Baby, Narae knew about it before I gave the photos to your father. Yet, she didn't seem to say anything to you. – Eunju pointed out, acting cute for Jaemin.

-You! --

Jaemin interrupted you. -Narae told me what happened and how you threatened her with the same story. But you won't get what you fancy, Eunju, because I'm here to avoid that at all costs. – Jaemin firmly answered as you noticed the rest of the co-workers looking your way.

-Mr. Na believes me, and that's what matters. – Eunju mentioned.

-My father might trust you due to the friendship he holds with your family. But I'm not blind as my father; therefore, I will ask you to stop searching for Narae or me. We are happily together, and we don't enjoy having someone like you lingering around us. – Jaemin sternly said before holding your hand, briefly taking you away from Eunju. But as both walked to the exit, you looked back at Eunju and released a subtle smile, feeling one step ahead of her.

-Stop making things worse, Narae. – Jaemin spoke, causing you to look back to the front. Then, you faced down, feeling embarrassed since Jaemin noticed your mischievous response to the situation.

-Sorry. – You replied as both reached the elevators, and briefly Jaemin chuckled, making you look at him.

-Why do you apologize? Huh? If you want to make someone's blood boil, you'll need something else. – Jaemin mischievously mentioned before holding your waist, briefly pulling you against him. Abruptly, Jaemin's lips landed on yours, moving along with soft and tender open-mouthed kisses. At first, you got surprised by Jaemin's action, but then you let it flow, not caring about the people watching.

Eventually, you pulled away while laughing together. Shortly after, you got inside the elevator while making fun of the childish moment.

-Don't you think your father will get angrier at you? – You questioned while crossing your arms.

-Whatever. I got better reasons to stay happy no matter what happens at work. – Jaemin admitted, causing you to chuckle at his words.

-You are crazy. – You said before the elevator doors opened, and briefly both got out of it. -Anyway, what's the plan? – You asked while looking at Jaemin.

-Do you want to go to my apartment? – Jaemin questioned.

-Sure! – You nodded.

-All night. – Jaemin suggested, making you chuckle at his words.

-Alright, but let's get my stuff first. – You told Jaemin, who nodded in response, and then he held your hand as both walked to the parking lots.

*Afternoon*

You are at Jaemin's apartment after spending a few hours out, having lunch, and talking about work. Now, it's time for both to relax, have a decent moment to close your eyes and let the worries go. It has been a day of many ups and downs; therefore, you feel more drained than usual.

Right now, you are sitting at the outdoor table, looking at the view of the city through the balcony. Suddenly, Jaemin appeared with two mugs of coffee. You kissed his cheek, thanking him for the kind gesture, and then he sat in front of you.

-You still look stressed, Narae. – Jaemin mentioned before tasting his coffee.

-I guess I'm still upset. I can't believe Eunju's plan worked out as she wanted, and the worse part is that I didn't escape the project with Yong's Corporation. – You pointed out, annoyed.

-Isn't that better? You'll show my father what he'll miss. I'm more upset by how my father fired you than Eunju's threats. – Jaemin admitted.

You took a sip of the coffee before spacing out, thinking what to do once your days at JJ's company end.

-I'm trying to understand Eunju's tactics; it isn't a coincidence that your father fired me after finishing the project. – You mentioned.

-What are you suggesting? That Eunju influenced my father's decision? – Jaemin questioned, which you nodded for in response.

-Perhaps Eunju told your father to keep me in the project for the company's sake or something like it. Don't you think? – You described while trying to think like Eunju.

-But why? – Jaemin said, confused.

-Remember, she wants me to marry the son's CEO of Yong's Corporation, and once Mr. Na fires me after the project, my only job option would be at his company. – You pointed out before looking at Jaemin, wanting to see his reaction to your suspicions.

-I didn't notice the connection, but now that you say so, I believe you are right. The collaboration is the perfect opportunity for Yong's Corporation to see your potential, and within our working hours, you might develop a friendship with the people involved in the project. – Jaemin expressed, realizing the elaborate plan Eunju had under her sleeve.

-But I can't get out of the project; if I do, my career will get affected eventually. – You mentioned.

-No, you have to join the collaboration. – Jaemin thoughtfully said before looking at you. Immediately, you released a subtle smile, trying to calm Jaemin's worries. -I know you are nervous too, Dear. – Jaemin said, which you nodded for in response, but keeping your grin on your face.

-I feel anxious, but there's nothing we can do right now, Jaemin. So, let's try to follow whatever comes next until we have a better idea to confront Eunju. – You suggested before standing up from your chair, then getting behind Jaemin.

You placed your arms around Jaemin's neck before kissing his cheek. He smiled at you, kissed your hand, and looked up to meet your eyes. You stroked his hair, trying to relax Jaemin after a stressful day.

-Tomorrow, do you think your father will meet with us again? – You curiously questioned.

-It depends whether Eunju spoke about what happened today at the office. But I don't think she will, so it's more likely that my father wants us to focus on collaboration. – Jaemin pointed out, which you nodded for in response. -And even if he wants to speak with you, I won't let him. Not anymore. – Jaemin admitted, making you grin slightly at his words.

-Mr. Na has his head inside the company, so it isn't a surprise how he's managing the current situation. – You pointed out.

-I guess you are right. – Jaemin said before sighing, briefly holding your hands while finding some calmness at last.

I wonder why The Na family suddenly began to focus more on work than anything else. Even Jaemin got too invested in the company's image and prosperity when we didn't know each other too well. Is there a "special" reason behind their workaholic trait?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 122 17
[ COMPLETED ] ❝I love you with all my heart.❞ behind those pretty smiles, jaemin hides all his problems and tries his best to cope up with them. good...
284K 13.4K 51
☼ nct lee jeno ceo fanfiction ❝ why did you take his position? i don't think i hired you to do the job ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: june 12, 2020 published:...
31.8K 1.6K 30
"Dear Diary, why does Lee Jeno have to be so fucking cute?" "Dear Diary, I'm in belief that Jaemin hates me." - Na Jaemin writes his feelings in a di...
669K 26.9K 55
≛ nct na jaemin bad boy fanfiction ❝ that's what will make it more exciting ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: may 6, 2020 published: june 17, 2020 ended: august 1...