Power of the Kings: Round Two

By Buttercup-Rosie

Sakura Kururugi has had to play an act for the last year after the Black Knights revolution crumbled when Zer... More

Prologue
The Demon Awakens
The Return of Zero
Cooking with the Student Council
Spying
Rescuing Prisoners of War
The Knight of Seven Arrives
The School Festival
Slow Dancing
Little Fairy
Fireworks
Out to Sea
A Million Miracles
Crashing A Banquet
Kidnapping an Empress
Power of the Heart
A Bad Call
Cupid Day
Geass Limit
Destroying the Order
The C's World
The United Federation of Nations
Broken
Rejecting the Ragnarök
Emperor Lelouch
The Democratic Way
The Final Battle
The Zero Requiem
Epilogue: Loose Ends
Epilogue: School
Epilogue: Little Mountain Home

Living a Lie

352 6 5
By Buttercup-Rosie

"Sakura, wake up!" Shirley whines, dragging me from a fitful slumber. "You might not have a morning class, but you have to wake up!"

"I'm awake," I groan, slinging my arm over my eyes as she opens the blinds to our room. "Geez, I promise you that I am awake. What's the point of making sure that I could have the morning off if I can't sleep in?"

"Because you need to start each day off on the right foot." She flings my covers off my body.

"Hey!" I pull my arm off my eyes, glaring up at the orange-haired girl. "That was uncalled for!"

"Now you have to get up," she sticks her tongue out at me.

I roll my eyes as she walks over to her desk. "I have to work later, so I was hoping to get a little more rest in than normal."

"How is being a waitress? Enjoying all the tips?"

I slip out of bed, heading over to my dresser to pull out my school uniform. "It could be better. Some people are rude, and others think they can tell me to do whatever they want. I know I don't have to do this with my brother being so high up in the ranks now, but I want to." And it is the only way to keep close to Kallen while we plan with C.C. on Black Knight activities.

"If you would just tell me where you work, all of us in the student council would come and support you."

I wave her off, "No, I wouldn't want you guys to do that. Besides, I don't think I will be working there for much longer."

"Oh, why not?"

I start changing into my school uniform as Shirley starts putting her schoolwork into her backpack. "I can only take being hated for who I am for so long."

A silence hangs over us as we both let the comment hang in the air, going about our business to get ready for the school day. It would stay that way if it weren't for a knock on the door.

"Sakura? Are you awake?" Lelouch's kind voice calls out.

"She is thanks to me!" Shirly giggles, glancing over at me to make sure that I am dressed before opening the door. "Hello, vice-president. Need to talk with your girlfriend?"

He nervously smiles, running a hand through his hair. "I'm just picking her up for breakfast."

"I'm ready," I snatch my backpack off my desk, scooting pass Shirley and grabbing Lelouch's hand. "I'll see you later, Shirley. Thanks for waking me up."

She grins, "Any time."

"Now come on, I am hungry!" I start dragging Lelouch down the hall.

He chuckles, "Rolo is trying out some traditional Japanese recipes for you this morning."

"Don't say that too loud," I intertwine our fingers, looking around to make sure that no one heard what he just said. "I'm not Japanese. I'm an 11."

"To everyone else, sure, but not to us." He lifts my hand up to kiss my knuckles. "Never say you aren't Japanese. I remember when you used to be proud of who you are."

"Yeah, well, life got even harder for people trying to hang onto the past like that. I'm lucky to still be going to this school because of my background. Suzaku really knew which strings to pull," I chuckle.

A lot has changed since Lelouch returned to school after being held in the clutches of his father the emperor. His memory was completely reworked, taking away Nunnally and replacing her with a boy the same age named Rolo. He's the only one who knows that Lelouch was once Zero. He's the only one that I've had to be perfect around, but it hasn't been that difficult. I've actually come to like being in the boy's presence.

The one change that hurts the most is all that Lelouch forgot about our relationship. Or more precisely, all the lies he was told about it. I'm happy that the two of us were able to stay together, and that the students of Ashford Academy accept the two of us together, but there's a large part where the façade chips at my heart. That I know the love I feel for this new Lelouch isn't the truth.

"Is it possible that we'll have some alone time this morning?" I speak up as we make our way outside to head to the building where Lelouch and Rolo live.

"Miss me that much?" he teases.

I giggle, nudging my shoulder into him. "What if I do?"

"Then I'll have to make more time for you."

"With how you skip class, I don't think that will be a problem."

"Hey, you've skipped plenty of classes with me."

"And it was always a wonderful time. It's going to bite you in the ass one of these days though. Even if you have enough credits."

"Eh, whatever," he shrugs, opening the door for us to enter into his home. "Rolo! I'm back with Sakura!"

"Great! Everything is almost done!" Rolo calls back.

I sniff, trying to figure out if I can recognize any scents. "Good thing your brother knows how to cook, or you'd be eating pizza for every meal."

"I'm waiting for the day when you and I get to cook together," he presses a kiss to my cheek before tugging me to the kitchen.

Rolo is standing at the stove, a cute apron on to protect his school uniform. He looks a lot like Lelouch, which is surprising considering they probably aren't related at all. His brown hair is not shaggy like his brother, but they do share violet eyes. He's a bit taller than me, but still shorter than Lelouch. I'm pretty sure I'm one of his only friends as Ashford.

"Good morning Rolo!" I smile, skipping up to him to check out the breakfast he's making. "Are you making omurice!?" I squeal, wrapping my arms around his torso. "Maybe I am dating the wrong brother."

"Hey!" Lelouch chuckles, "I know you're joking, but still."

"It is nice to see you too, Sakura," Rolo flashes a smile as he glances down at me. "I hope that I'm doing this correctly."

I take a deep sniff, taking in all the scents of my favorite breakfast food that I haven't had in ages. "It smells delicious, so I think you are doing perfect." I pull my arms back, turning to skip over to the barstools where Lelouch has already found a seat. "I still love you, Lelouch," I jump onto a barstool, giving me the height to lean over and press a kiss to his lips.

"Wait until I leave to continue that," Rolo jokes, plating the omurice for the three of us.

Lelouch runs his hand up the back of my neck, pulling me in for another kiss. "I'm sure that we will."

"Ugh," Rolo gags.

I giggle, "Keep your hands to yourself for a few minutes so we don't disgust your brother."

Lelouch pulls his hand back, letting me settle back into my seat. "I'll do my best."

Rolo rolls his eyes before placing our breakfast in front of us. "Eat up you two. Please tell me if I did anything wrong, Sakura."

I pick up my fork, wasting no time in cutting off a piece and shoving it into my mouth. "Oh Rolo," I hum, "this is wonderful."

"Really?"

"Just as I remembered it. What made you make this?" I shove more into my mouth.

"Lelouch thought of it, actually. He thought you were stressed and would want something that comforts you. I'm glad that you like it."

"I love it," I mumble through a mouthful. "Thanks boys."

"I know when my girlfriend is stressed, but I wish you would tell me what's been on your mind," Lelouch sighs, patting my knee.

"Probably graduation," Rolo says. "Something that you should be spending more time on."

I nod, keeping my mouth full to avoid answering the question. Graduation hasn't even been on my mind with all the other issues I have to deal with.

"I don't know what I want to do yet," Lelouch pops a bite into his mouth. "College means continuing to be a student that I would rather not be, but I don't want to get a job yet, so I am still trying to figure it all out."

"You have to spend more than five minutes thinking about it," Rolo shakes his head.

"He likes waiting until the last moment to do anything," I say. "Unless he truly cares about the topic."

"He should care about graduating."

"There's still plenty of time, so calm down," Lelouch sighs. "Just eat."

It doesn't take long for us to finish breakfast, and then Rolo is off to his first class of the day, leaving Lelouch and I to ourselves. Not a single person is going to bother us on this fine morning. The last calm morning that I am going to have.

"You can tell me about anything that is stressing you out," Lelouch places our dirty dishes in the dishwash. "I hope you know that."

"Rolo was right with saying graduation," I lie with ease. "But my job is also stressing me out a lot. Some people that come in make it hard to stay there."

"I wish you would just quit," he steps up to me, running his hands up and down my arms. "You don't need to put yourself through hell like that. They don't deserve you at that restaurant if they let people walk all over you. You've worked hard to get where you are today. With some help of that brother of yours."

"He'd say I was the one that helped him get us to where we are." I happily sigh, "How much time do we have?"

"Enough," he whispers, grabbing my hand and pulling me to his room.

It always sends a jolt though me when I enter Lelouch's room now. All the memories of us in this room have been altered. He doesn't remember helping me with my Geass or giving me my Infinity uniform. All the kisses, cuddles, slow dances he believes to be memories are fabricated. Still, I've had to learn how to react if he brings any of them up. I've had to make some memories of my own to make up for it.

"I wish I could spend more time in here," I mumble.

"What's that?" Lelouch asks, letting go of my hand and taking a seat on the couch.

"Nothing, nothing," I look over at him. "Remember when we would have sleepovers all those years ago? You'd hold my hand as I fell asleep, and I felt beyond protected and safe. Just from a simple hand hold."

"I do remember that," he smiles. "Do you want to have a sleepover?"

"One of these days, but they won't allow that here." I walk up to stand right in front of him. "When we move into a house in the mountains, they we'll be able to hold hands each night."

"That sounds nice."

I straddle his lap, placing my hands on his shoulders to steady myself. "It is the only way that we can be together with no judgement."

"You care about what other people think about us?"

"Not even a little, but I do know that it makes it harder for you, and I hate that I have to call myself and Honorary Britannian. I'm Japanese, damn it."

"That's my girl," he smirks, cupping my face to pull me down to smash our lips together. "I love you, my blossom."

I run my fingers through his hair, "I love you." Even if a little part of my heart still hates you for the destruction you caused on that day. "I always will."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I know that this chapter is super short, but I hope you enjoyed reading! I wanted to keep this scene by itself, and next chapter is going to be quite long, and the prologue just came out. No chapters this short again, I promise! Anyways, I would love to know what you thought! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 943 29
A Lelouch x C.C long shot. Euphemia goes Missing In Action, C.C defends Lelouch, and the Black Knights receive help from an unexpected ally. Lelouch...
1.8K 63 28
What would it feel like to go to a world you belong, somewhere you want to help your favorite characters (And also, to fangirl about them) Let us see...
8.1K 195 4
Nunnally seems to have found Lelouch's diary and photo album. What will happen now? ▪︎Mentions of Mpreg and Character death ▪︎May contain inappropri...
19.3K 455 29
This is an alternative telling to what could've been. Such as my other Lelouch's Other Sister Story this will be an alternative. So once again, her n...