Pretty Little Liars - The Fif...

By TashaAmy1803

We all keep secrets. Big Secrets, Little Secrets. Sometimes we share the burden and sometimes we don't. Eithe... More

Disclaimer/ Authors Note/ Cast list.
Chapter One: - A
Chapter Two - The Jenna Thing
Chapter Four - Can you hear me now.
Chapter Five - Reality Bites Me
Chapter Six - There's no place like Homecoming
Chapter Seven - The Homecoming Hangover
Chapter Eight - Please Do Talk about me when I'm gone
Chapter Nine - The Perfect Storm
Chapter Ten - Keep your Friends Close
Chapter Eleven - Moments Later
Chapter Twelve - Salt Meets Wound
Chapter Thirteen - Know your Enemies
Chapter Fourteen - Careful what you wish for
Chapter fifteen - If at first you don't succeed lie, lie again
Chapter Sixteen - Je Suis une Amie
Chapter Seventeen - The New Normal
Chapter Eighteen the Bad Seed
Chapter Nineteen - Person of Interest
Chapter Twenty - Someone to watch over me.
Chapter Twenty One - Monsters in the End
Chapter Twenty Two - As the Bell Tolls

Chapter Three - To Kill a Mocking Girl

1.1K 28 2
By TashaAmy1803

I huffed as the five of us were walking through the woods. It was someones bright idea to do some sort of shrine to Ali.

"Who's idea was this again?" Hanna asked as we trailed through the woods following Emily to an old spot we used to go to.

"It was Emily's mom." Spence replied to her question

"The shed was me, my mom just said we should do something for us." Em stopped turning back to us. I took out my bottle of water and had a big gulp.

"Well, couldn't we do something without mosquitoes?" Han complained.

"There not mosquitoes, they're gnats." Aria corrected, it confused me how she knew this random bits of information

"Whatever there small, annoying and flying up my nose." All of us carried on, I wish I had know what we were doing before hand and I would have worn the right footwear for the situation. instead of heeled boots.

"Well they're attracted to you perfume..." Spencer informed Hanna.

"And her hair product and her lip gloss." i joked and Spencer laughed as she fell in step with me

"So what are you saying, I attract flies ?" She huffed out, Han used to not mind being in the woods before she became all it girl. I think out of everyone she had changed the most in the year that we had been apart.

"Gnats." Ari corrected, I had a feeling that she would be doing that al lot before we got to our destination.

"Han you said it not me." i laughed the other girls laughed as well.

"Why do I feel like this is the wrong way?" Em wondered as i wafted my hand to rid of the gnats.

"No this is it, i rememeber that tree. It's the halfway point. Theres 136 steps left to the shed." Spencer informed us pointing at the large tree.

"Have you been out here since Alison?" Emily wondered i tied my hair up into a bun to make it easier.

"Me? No. No way." Spencer denied adamantly adjusting he r hardback on her shoulder.

"But only you remember that tree." I pointed to it, not even I remembered the tree as being the half way point to a dusty old shed that we used to go to.

"Guys it's not that weird. I mean we came out here in eighth grade, like, everyday. Even after." Hanna defended, even though there was no real need to.

"I think this is totally the wrong place to do this, whatever you call it, shrine." Spencer voiced her doubts now that we were half way, why she didn't do it before is beyond me. But oh well we were here now.

"It's not a shrine, it's just a place to remember Alison. What's wrong with that?" Emily retorted defensively

"Doing it out here makes it look like we have something to hide." i huff at her, that came out a lot harsher than I thought.

"You're worried about what other people think?" Em asked me

"Aren't you?" I counter back at her.

"Do you really want to give that creepy detective more reasons to question us?" Spencer backed me up.

"Are you sure, you're not twins instead of us?" Aria wondered and we looked at each other we were both standing the same. Hanna continued on not saying anything. Hanna walked ahead of us

"Han, why are you so quiet." Em grilled as we followed on behind her.

"I'm trying to keep the bugs out of my mouth." She retorted flicking her hair back.

"You're allowed to have and opinion on this" Em said she stopped and turned around.

"You want my opinion ? I say we hold off and not remember her till we know for sure she's not still here." Han voiced her real thought to us

"What?" "What are you talking about" we asked her

"You think she's still alive?" Em wondered

"Hanna, they found her body." Spencer added as I looped my arm through hers.

"Stop, i'm officially scared. Can we just not-?" Han cut my twin off

"You know what? You asked for my opinion. I don't think she's really gone." She turned and walked off

"We went to her funeral!" Spence exclaimed as we continued to follow our blonde best friend.

"Yeah and when we left, we got a text from her." Han retorted raising her hands to make a point as we continued on our way to the shed.

"It wasn't her someone is messing with us." Em insisted and be trudge through deal leaves and vines. I wish for this trip to be over already.

"How do you know? And what about all those nasty messages. I mean how does this 'A' person know stuff only Ali knew."Hanna made a fair point even though I was refusing to believe she was actually back.

"Okay this conversation is giving me a hive." Ari commented

"This whole conversation is annoying me full stop." i grunted. I'm pretty sure I had better things to be doing than dragon up the past in the middle of nowhere, even if it was with my best friends. I'm not sure what those better things were but they were better than this.

"Spencer have you gotten anymore messages?" Em questioned

"Haven't you?" Spencer came back at her

"I have" i sighed admitting to it. This probably was the best time to go into this part of the conversation but it's not like we've been great with conventional.

"What? When?" I was about to reply when we heard a branch snap. My mouth closed from answering.

"What was that? Did you hear that?" Em asked

"Yes I heard that i'm standing right next to you." Ari and I retorted.

"Hello is anyone out there?" Han called

"It's probably a rabbit." Spencer rationalised.

"Hello?" Hanna tried again and I shook my head in amusement.

"It's a rabbit Hanna. It's not going to answer you." Spence replied

"Can we just get to the shed?" i breathed . There was another snap and rustling

"Okay that is defiantly not a rabbit. Someone's out there." Hanna voiced as i was officially creeped out by the entire thing as well as annoyed but mainly creeped out.

"Let's turn around" just as we did that our phones went off. I went to grab my phone and open the message.

"Heads up, BFFs. It's open season on liars and I'm hunting -A" i read out and looked around.

"Let's go." All of us made quick haste out of the woods and back to our respective cars.

--------------------------------

The next day we minus Mike were all at the cafe having breakfast I was reading this weeks book assignment 'To kill a Mockingbird' While Aria was talking about it with Dad.

"Well you pretty far into it." Dad stated

"Yeah, i've got like, sixty- some pages left and I don't want it to end. Erica's got far less than me." Ari replied acknowledging the man whore, willingly.

"How far do you have left, Erica." i heard Mom question and looked up from the page that I was on.

"20 something" I smiled at her and continued to read

"You should read her biography next" Father manwhore suggested to my sister handing the book back over to her.

"The father worship thing becomes a lot clearer." Mom chuckled

"Well I would worship both of you a lot more if you got me another one of these." she gestured to her now finished cake."

"The poppy seed, we'll split it." I looked up

"Wait, for me i want to get something as well." I stood up making my page and putting it on the table.

"Make sure your father doesn't drink all my coffee please" she joked and we both went inside.

"Can I have a current muffin and a ice tea please." i looked down "I forgot my purse me back in two ticks I went back outside and saw a blonde woman talking with father.

"I just forgot my purse." they looked at me as i went in my bag.

"This is my other daughter, Erica." I got a good look at the woman and realised it was her.

"Erica, Hi." I clicked my tongue and went back in to pay. I went back outside. I finished my muffin and took my drink to go. I got what i need for my locker and went with my sister to Spencer when Mr Fitz passed. I saw them share a look.

"Good Morning."

"Hi" i raised an eyebrow, i defiantly had to ask about that later. Oh what the hell.

"Aria, your drool is all over the floor." I commented she looked at me and stuck her tongue out. Spencer opened her locker and books came spilling out. We helped her.

"Russian history?" Aria questioned

"Yeah" she breathed

"How many A.P classes does it take for your brain to explode?" i joke as I helped her put them back into her locker

"I'm already drowning in there" she sounded defeated

"Why, what's drowning for you, B+?" Aria asked

"First paper's due Monday and I've written two words. My name." That got me concerned this was Spencer Hastings we were talking about she lived and breathed assignments

"What's going on? You're not still freaked out by what happened in the woods yesterday are you?" i wondered. She shook her head

"Look we don't have to do this thing for Ali..." Aria tried to assure her as we left her locker..

"No, it's not just that. It's everything. Is there any chance your family wants to adopt me." She asked just as Jenna came round the corner with...Toby. They walked past us Toby giving me a long glance as he walked his step sister to her locker.

Once she got there he came back. Emily came over with Maya before she left.

"He's back too, when did that happen?" Aria asked

"Maybe she needs help sending radioactive e-mails." Hanna replied and I shook my head in dismay. Hanna came out with the weird stuff sometimes

"Yeah or maybe sending a few of his own" Spencer added

"Not funny guys, he used to be my best friend." I folded my arms

"He's a freak" Hanna sipped

"He's misunderstood." I retorted

"Hanna." I huffed hearing the voice and seeing the unwanted figure of Detective Wilden. That al we needed what him breathing down our necks.

"Cops on campus to" i muttered to the others

"I spoke with your principal. Asked if we could chat." Wilden stated. He couldn't be serious, he was cutting into school time again, there must be something wrong with this.

"No, i have to get to class." She denied

"Don't worry you've been excused." he held out his arm for her to come "Let's go." The school bell rang as she was escorted away from us and with the devil himself.

"What is going on? Why just her?" my sister wondered

"Probably thinks she's the easiest to crack." Emily stated

"She is" Spencer added

"Whisper, Whisper, Whisper. Almost feels like Alison's still here." Jenna commented We all looked at each other before going to class. It was over an hour and we still hadn't heard anything from Hanna. The four of us leant against the lockers as Aria took out her phone attempting to contact her yet again.

"What are you doing? Is that a new phone?" Spencer asked my sister as she looked over her shoulder

"Yeah i'm checking my kin. I'll just write on hanna's wall from here." she clicked on Hanna's profile

"If she's not answering texts what makes you think she's checking facebook?" Em questions

"It's worth a try." Aria shrugged beginning her message asking what was going on when...

"What's going on." we heard Hanna and looked up.

"We've been trying to get a hold of you what happened in there?" i asked moving out of the way so she could get to her locker. She opened it up transferring books.

"Nothing just the same old stupid questions." she deflected

"You were in there for a hour, Hanna. What else did he ask?" Spencer wondered. Han closed her locker and leaned against it

"Nothing. He just took a couple of calls and i just sat there waiting for him to shut up." Han replied and my eyes narrowed slightly. Tilden taken calls when he was doing his favourite hobby of bugging us at school.

"Is he going to question all of us alone now?" Aria asked

"Who knows? Look, let's do this at lunch,okay. I have to hit the ladies before my next class." She smiled and left us.

"Is she being weird?" Spencer wondered

"She's being weird?" Emily confirmed "I'll see you at lunch?"

"Bye" we all split off.

"So Little Erica. Coming to my party?" Noel made me jump.

"Haven't been invited?" i shrugged he stopped me

"I thought it was obvious . Come on it'll be fun?" i chuckled and sighed

"Fine, i'll come." he punched his fist in the air like me attending the part was a big win for him. I shook my head at his antics.

"Score." i laughed and left.

-------------------------------

After school I was a little behind my sister as we were meeting up at the Art gallery Mom works at.

"Hey mom can i have some money to by something for Noel Kahn party?" i ask nicely. She thinks about it for a moment.

"Yeah, sure. Let me just get my purse." I smiled and Aria dragged me to one side.

"Meredith was just here?" she whispered with a small scowl.

"Who?" i furrowed my eyebrows

"Skanky home wrecking slut." she clarified the name that I had given the woman. My jaw dropped slightly for a moment before i answered back.

"Oh, her. Why was she here?" I questioned, I was mad but i didn't see the point in venting that madness with Mom only meters away.

"She was asking questions about Art and Mom invited her to the opening." Ari informed me

"I would say is she mad but she doesn't know what happened so it's not fair. Please tell me you told her to back off." I took her arm with a small pleading look

"I did, she just smiled like nothing was wrong and left." she answered me

"Ugh i should rip her hair out but that would take effort, she's not that special." Mom came back and handed me a $20 bill.

"Thanks Mom... We'll talk about this later." I left and went to by a dress.

------

Aria and I arrived at the party, I grabbed a drink and we met up with the others and started talking. Emily told us what happened with Ben and Toby in the girls locker room.

"He tackled Ben? What was he even doing in the girls locker room?" Aria asked as i took a sip of my drink.

"Why are you shocked? Toby's a perv. We caught him peeping through the windows, watching us undress." Spencer retorted

"1. He's not a perv and 2. Alison is the one who supposedly saw him do that. We never did." Hanna came over and joined us.

"What's up?" she asked joining

"Toby Cavanaugh got into a fight with Ben over Emily." Aria informed her like it was the hottest gossip around the school, when Neither one would ever admit what really happened other than it was a break up.

"And Toby won." I grinned I joined din on the gossip vibe

"Not a happy moment Erica." Spencer said and i rolled my eyes.

"It wasn't over me. God. He just saved me." she corrected us, well tried to.

"See he was Ems knight in a leather jacket." i commented

"From what himself?" Spencer wondered

"Eww" Hanna scrunched her nose up at my childhood best friend.

"Well, if we hadn't asked you about Ben, would you have told us about this?" Aria asked. We all knew the answer to that.

"Toby is not a good guy Emily, he's dangerous." Spencer tried to warn her and I was getting seriously annoyed now.

"No, he's not Spence. Would you down dial the hate you barely even know him." I snap at her

"Neither do you, you haven't been friends with him in years." she retorted defending herself

"If he's such a bad guy, why did he take the fall for us?" Em asked and Spencer was speechless like she knew something speechless.

"Is this another secret? Do you know something we don't?" I question

"Guys, why don't we chill and talk about this somewhere else. When were alone." Han offered

"I don't even know what just us means anymore." Aria sighed, I had to agree with my sister on that. It was like big brother but without all winning at the end making it worth it.

"Yeah, uh let's talk about to tomorrow okay. Are we still meeting up at the shed?" She asked backing away clearly wanting to leave us for Sean.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure why not?" Aria grabbed her bag

"Where are you going?" Em wondered

"The Gallery. I promised my Mom."

"She is the artsy twin. I don't get why you constantly say we share everything. I would rather be here and appreciate teenage-hood, she wants to look at paintings i don't even get." I had some more of my drink

"What time do you want picking up?" Ri questioned

"I'll text you." We split off and went to party.

"Party Rica has arrived" Noel whooped and i laughed joining his side as he draped his arm over my shoulder.

"Shots!" I called everyone gathered around and i started downing shots.

"Is your mouth on hinges." Noel laughed as I downed another one and winced at the burning sensation.

"Never under estimate, party Rica." i laughed and stumbled i looked at my phone and vision was blurry and i stumbled

"Oh, i think it's time you went home." Noel snorted holding onto me and I did the same with one hand.

"Yeah i'll call Aria" i cleared my throat and called her but it went to voicemail.

"Ugh come on." i called her again

"Let me help you" Noel offered

"I'm cool Spencer should be here. She doesn't drink much so it should be good." i went to find her and when i did i gripped her shoulders.

"Spence are you sober." I slurred using her to steady myself

"More than you, how much did you drink?" she wondered holding onto me

"I lost count, could you take me home. Aria isn't answering and i don't want to call my parents." I pout, sissy not answering make me sad.

"Sure, let's go." She helped me to her car and drove me home. Reaching my house she helped me up to the porch and rung the door bell.

"Hey Mike." she greeted my brother

"Is she drunk" my head lolled to the side.

"A little. Can you help." i felt my other arm put around my brothers shoulder and i was taken upstairs. I crashed on my bed and flunked out.

-------

The next day we were at the woods and i had a raging hangover. Spencer was telling me what Alison did on the night of the Jenna thing.

"Alison wanted us across the street so she could have it out with Toby. Ali had something on him." she stated as we were making our way back to the shed. I told some water and had a granola bar.

"Besides being a total perv who peeped in our windows?" I shoved Hanna then tighten my pony tail. I had sunglasses on because lets face it i looked awful .

"Something way bigger. And she was threatening to tell everybody. That's why he took the fall for us." Spencer explained continuing on with what she witnessed that night

"Why are you waiting now to tell us?" Aria asked

"I don't know. Ali made me promise. And I guess I was scared. I thought if we never talked about that night again it would just go away."

"It never goes away unless you drink a vast amount of alcohol. Even then that night is still fuzzy at the moment." i huffed adjusting my sunglasses and cap.

"Well it's not going away unless we toss our phones and join the navy." Hanna retorted and Spencer started walking

"Look, there's five of us and one freak sending messages. If we just talk to each other like this, it makes it easier to deal with everything." Em suggested

"Not everything can be made happy as larry by talking Em." I grumble folding my arms as we walked this bloody trail.

"I think Emily's right. We shouldn't do it in the middle of nowhere. We should do this where we can see it everyday." My sister voiced following behind me.

"You mean like somewhere in school?" Han wondered 

"No i mean like in town. We should ask if we can put a bench somewhere. Wait and you know what. Whoever did this to her if they're still in Rosewood we should make them look at it everyday too." Ari added to her idea, Hanna sighed

"What you hate the idea?" Spencer asked

"No, i just had a rough night." Hanna answered

"Didn't we all." we heard crunching and I lifted my glasses up. We dropped our stuff and went to investigate but there was nothing there.

"Look." Hanna pointed out and there was a bracelet on the ground

"Is that yours?" Spence wondered

"It's Alison's" I breathed . Okay that this was totally freaky

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.4K 1.8K 72
"My one secret...is you" Nothing ever stays a secret in Rosewood... especially not when a faceless tormentor knows all your secrets... OC x Jason Dil...
1.1K 36 19
This story takes place in the town of Rosewood. We see the liars after they've graduated. Alison disappeared a week before Graduation and Emily, Han...
10.9K 194 26
I came back to Rosewood under a dark cloud. The same one I left with. Only now not only do I have the dark cloud as one of the best friends of a dead...
461 10 7
When a planned visit takes an unexpected turn, you arrive at your girlfriend's house only to discover she's not home. However, you're welcomed by her...