Love, is not for us

By hytz38

Tiara Rogers is a 27 years old Miss Prim & Proper. Being the co-owner of a marketing consulting start-up, pl... More

#1 - Two worlds apart
#2 - The Night Before
#3 - Regrets and Repeat
#4 - Rules
#5 - You're quite sweet
#6 - Why can't I join?
#7 - So, this is a double date?
#8 - What changed?
#9 - But, how?
#10 - You're too calm
#11 - So, it's Real
#12 - Telling the mothers
#13 - Telling the Bestie
#14 - You Stink! Go Away
#15 - For the best
#16 - Are you kidding?
#18 New Rules?
#19 - She's MY baby
#20 - Well done
#21 - Are you ready?
#22 - Night out
#23 - Emergency
#24 - Co-parents
#25 - The Past
#26 - Welcome Home
#27 - Packing Up
#28 - Decisions
#29 - Closer
#30 - A million questions
#31 - Mother & Daughter
#32 - No answers
#33 - New Memories
#34 - Not capable for love
#35 - Punches
#36 - Our Demons
#37 - Brothers
#38 - I owe you
#39 - Night Sky
#40 - Secretive

#17 - Restart

80 5 1
By hytz38

Tiara

"It's crazy!", I blurted, breaking the long deafening silence during the drive back to my apartment. James looks at me surprised, at my sudden exclamation.

"We're having twins, James! Twins! Double of everything.", I continued.

He took a quick glance back at me while maintaining good view on the road and he chuckles, "For a moment in there, I thought life is playing a joke on us. I hope this is the last surprise that we're getting."

And we both burst into laughter. "Are we the one turning crazy? Laughing over this?", he added.

"I need to get another nickname! Can we call the other one Plum?", I ask him.

He smirks at me, "Earlier I was wondering if you'll be changing from Blue to Plum. And now we have two of them for you to use both."

"Blue and Plum, it is.", I decided happily.

"That's just their nickname, right? I'm not having Blue Scott and Plum Scott."

"Course not!", I let out a big laugh and he gave me a smile.

The current mood is much better than the earlier drive. It was so awkward but I enjoyed seeing James getting all flustered when he accidentally rest his hand on my thigh. I was a little disappointed when he realised because it was comforting having his warmth on my skin.

I haven't laughed like this since the last 15 days. Ever since I suggested to end whatever we had. It was the most miserable time in my life. I threw myself into work, I went back to my old self. Work, work, work. If not for Anna, I might miss my meals.

Luke contacted me, and we talked everything out. He's excited to be Uncle Lukey. I know James begged or maybe threatened him to mend back our friendship. James probably kills him if he finds out that I know this. Someone needs to tell James that Luke is incapable of keeping any secrets.

I'm so happy to get my bestie back. But there's still a huge void in my heart that I know no one else can fill other than James. I miss him so much. I miss waking him up too early for his liking, tousle his bed hair, dealing his grumpiness, and even our little arguments.

"We're here.", he breaks my train of thought.

"Ohh okay. Thank you James", I smile at him politely. I need to get out of the car but my body doesn't move. The happy mood we had earlier is replaced with this awkward air.

Probably feeling the same as me, he speaks, "Your belly. It's much bigger, more prominent that before.".

"It is. I take a picture everyday with measuring tape. You know just for memories." I took them for him. But I haven't found the courage to send them to him. Does he wants to see.

"Oh yeah? Can I have a look?", he asks.

"YES! Er yeah sure, I'll send them all to you. If you want, I can also send them regularly. I do it every morning. It's okay if you don't want. Daily might be too many. I can send when it's significantly different?", I'm starting to babble nonsense. I hope he didn't realize my over excitement.

He reach out to play with my hair. He used to do this all the time. I feel at ease and safe when he does this.

"I'd love if you can send it to me daily ba-. Who else would you send to everyday? Please don't tell me it's Luke."

I giggle, "No! I don't even show him a single picture. It's too intimate for other people to see."

He smiles satisfiedly.

"How did you know I'm in talking terms with Luke?", I teased him, clearly knowing the answer.

His eyes turn wide and he became tense. I burst into laughters.

"I know what you did James. I'm super duper grateful. Thank you so much.", I smiled gratefully.

"That motherfucking chatterbox. I told him to not mention me."

"Shh! Language!", I scold him.

"Sorry, I forgot. Anyway, can I touch? Your baby bump?", he asks carefully.

I lift my shirt a little, just enough for him to touch.

"Wow, it's much bigger. Is it considered much bigger since there's two of them?"

"Maybe.", I smiled content as he rubs my belly.

"It's gonna be late. I better go up now."

"You're right. Take care. Don't forget to send over the pictures."

I send over 14 pictures to him. The first morning he left, I was in a huge mess so there wasn't any picture taken.

Here you go :)

Beautiful. <3

I stared at the one-word reply plus the heart sign over and over again, for the rest of the night like a teenage girl.

Maybe, there's still hope for us.

For the next few weeks, we continue to keep in touch although we don't meet physically.

Now our text messages are not as formal anymore. Once every few days, he will call to check in. He would ask if there's anything I crave for. I don't want to trouble him, so I would just say no. But I noticed his frustrations, so I just send him a text to finally admit that I'm craving for Smashed Burger.

I'm watering my plants while enjoying some easy going music. It's a Sunday, I start to have a balance of a lazy Sunday with a little bit of productivity.

Suddenly my apartment bell rings.
I check at the peephole. James?!
I quickly open the door and it's really him.

"Why are you here?"
He cocks his eyebrow and replied, "Aren't you going to be a nice host and let me in?"
I chuckle at the memory.

I let him in, "God, it feels ages ago... But seriously, why are you here?"

Ignoring my question, "Get ready."

"Why? Where are we going?"

"It won't be a surprise if I told you, right? Hurry up." Gosh, this man!

Knowing I won't get any answer, I didn't ask anything. But as I notice we seem to be reaching an apartment block, I can't help it but ask, "Are you, kidnapping me?"

He bursts into laughter. "You're so dramatic! Why would I bring you to an apartment if I want to kidnap you?"

"I don't know?"

"Relax, trust me please?"

He lead me into a nice, rustic apartment. The interior screams masculinity but I love it. I might add a few plants to give it some life and some cushions and throws to make it cozy, but it's a nice apartment.

"This is where I live. I never brought anyone here. You are the first person to enter this place, my personal space. This space is just a physical space, unknowingly, you already made way into my entire space and claim a spot in my mind, heart & soul.
Bringing you here is just a first step to let you in properly.", he said with intensity.

I didn't know what to say, "James...".

"Let's restart and do it properly. Let me court you, bring you to dates. Get to know each other like normal couples. I'll tell you about my past and childhood. I want to know more about yours too, how did you actually became good friends with Luke? Why is your family difficult? Would you give me another chance, babe?"

I was at loss of words. I just jumped into his arms and wrap my arms around his neck, "Yes, babe. Yes, let's restart."

He wraps his arms on my waist and kiss my forehead, "You have no idea how much I miss having you in my arms babe. I miss you so much. Thank you babe."

I was in tears yet again, which he wipes away with his thumbs.

"Now let's settle your cravings. I made Smashed burger."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 13.7K 57
"So what now?" "I don't know, Em." ***** CLOSER TO YOU TRILOGY ***** After the second chance of a lifetime, Emma Carter and Beau Lewis decide to call...
2.2K 29 5
**𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄!** 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫... 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 �...
202K 4.9K 34
a kinda cliche grumpy x sunshine (i'm living my fantasies through this book) Sera Wynn meets a man one thriller night whom she couldn't really stop...
204K 2.9K 16
Age gap series #1 (WILL BE BACK WITH PART 2 SOMETIME SOON) ____________ Angel Thomas: An eighteen-year-old high school student who happened to fall i...