Perfect Strangers (Sebastian...

By AlwaysSeb

He's a 4 time Formula 1 World Champion. Having split with his long time partner and his career on the declin... More

Author's Note
Prologue
1: Summer Sunrise
2: Their First Meeting
3: Mutual Attraction
4: Getting To Know You
5: Caught in the Storm
6: Mutual Desire
7: Sun, Sea, Sand and Seb
8: Summer Fling, Don't Mean A Thing...
9: Making Amends
10: The Best View on the Island
11: Heart to Heart
12: Mutual Satisfaction
13: Summer Addiction
14: Falling
15: Broken
16: Without Him
17: Without Her
18: Return to the Island
19: His Confession
20: Her Rejection
21: Man to Man
22: The Set Up
23: Seb's Request
24: Switzerland
25: Pure Desire
26: The Next Day
27: The Final Night
28: Broken Again
29: Longing to See Him
30: Arrival in Italy
31: Caught in the Act
32: Reunion
33: Monza
34: Making Memories
35: As Time Goes By
36: The Land Down Under (1)
37: The Land Down Under (2)
38: The Land Down Under (3)
39: Diagnosis
40: Reactions
41: Acceptance
42: Back Home
43: Back in His Arms
44: Freddie
45: Meeting Mum
46: A Family Christmas (1)
47: A Family Christmas (2)
48: An Agonising Wait
49: Holding on to Hope
50: Their New Home
51: Lucie's Decision
52: The News Gets Out
53: Time To Say Goodbye
54: Alone
55: Welcome Home
57: Early Arrival
58: Sofia
59: Reality Bites
60: Reconnecting
61: Silverstone
62: Out of the Blue
63: Regrets
64: A Best Friend's Advice
65: Back to Where It All Began
66: Forever Love
Epilogue
Bonus

56: The Fight

1.4K 36 5
By AlwaysSeb

Lucie sat waiting for Seb's car to come through the gates and onto their drive. She winced as another twinge went through her back. She couldn't wait for this to all be over.

It would be six weeks the following day since they had moved into their new family home, and it was fifteen days until their baby was due. Lucie felt ready to explode. There really wasn't a lot of room left in there for the baby to grow any more!

She looked out of the window again. Seb was due back from Miami this morning, and she couldn't wait to see him.

She was still struggling every time he went away. Miami had been the fourth time he'd had to leave her to race, following the first three week trip, he'd been to Australia, China and now the U.S.

He'd finished third in Australia, fifth in China and had just won the inaugural Miami Grand Prix. He was leading the driver's championship from Lando Norris.

At least the coming races would be in Europe. He'd have to spend less time away and would be able to travel back if she went into labour.

She grinned as she saw the security gates open and Seb's DBX appear. He was home!

She waddled to the front door and opened it. Seb stopped the car outside the door and quickly jumped out. He left his luggage in the car and headed straight for Lucie. They fell into each other's arms, just holding each other tight.

Finally they broke apart. "Hey baby, miss me?" he said.

"Always." He pressed a tender kiss to her lips.

"And how's this one?" he asked placing his hand on her belly.

"Oh you know, likes playing football with my ribs, loves keeping me up all night."

"Won't be long sweetheart."

"The sooner the better. My back's killing me today. I can't see my feet anymore. My boobs are leaking. I spend more time in the bath than anywhere else. And I look like an elephant."

Seb pulled her into another hug. "Darling you don't look like an elephant. You look beautiful. And you're carrying our baby. That's something amazing. And I love you!"

"I love you too. I've just had enough," she said, tears falling. "I'm just feeling extra emotional today."

"Come on, let's go inside and I'll make you a nice cup of tea. You put your feet up and relax."

They headed indoors. Lucie sank onto the luxurious brown sofa. It was one of her favourite items in the new house, followed closely by the sunken bath. She'd spent so much time in that bath the last few weeks. She'd even taken to having baths in the middle of the night because it was the only place she could get comfortable.

Seb grabbed her ankles and swung her feet up on the sofa. "Is there anything else you'd like while I'm out there?"

"I am a bit peckish, but you've just flown home. You must be tired."

"Baby, I'm fine. Honestly. Do you want some toast or something else?"

"Some toast would be great thanks." Several minutes later Seb returned with a cup of tea and a plate with two slices of toast, cut in triangles just how she liked it. She thanked him. He dropped down onto the armchair next to the sofa.

Lucie ate her toast and drank her tea. She then decided she was going to have another bath. She just felt so uncomfortable. Seb said he was going to have a nap on the chair whilst she had her bath. Tiredness was kicking in.

She went upstairs and ran the bath. Sliding into the water, she sighed with relief. She played some music through her phone as she lay relaxing.

Forty minutes later she managed to heave herself out of the bath, wincing again with her back.  She dried herself and put her bathrobe on. 

Picking her phone up, she returned to the bedroom. 
She got dressed into a pair of leggings and a baggy T-shirt. 

Picking up her phone she had a quick peek at Instagram.  She laughed as she saw a photo of Joel pulling a funny face.  She smiled as she saw a photo of one of her old colleagues engagement announcement.  Then she froze. 

She saw a photo of Seb.  A recent one in Miami, according to the poster.  He was with Lewis and Daniel in some kind of bar.  And he had his arm around a girl.  A slim, beautiful girl.  She put her hand over her mouth in shock.

She swiped to the next picture.  The girl was kissing his cheek, her hand was on his thigh and he was beaming.  Daniel was kissing the girl next to her. She choked back a sob. How could he?  She trusted him!  They'd just moved into their new house and they were having a baby.  And he was out on the town with some tart.  She was upset but she was also angry. 

She stood up and marched down the stairs as fast as her legs could carry her, which wasn't very fast in her current condition. 

Seb was still slouched in the armchair,  fast asleep.  She picked up a cushion from the sofa and threw it at him.  He jerked awake. 

"Hey, shit. You scared the hell out of me.  Everything ok?"

" No Seb,  everything is not fucking ok," she shouted. 

"Hey Luce, calm down.  What's wrong? Is it the baby?"

"Baby, baby, baby.  Be honest, is that the only reason you are with me?"

Seb looked confused.  What had gotten into her?

"Lucie, don't be stupid.  You know I love you."

"Love me? So what the hell were you doing canoodling with this tart in a Miami bar?" she screamed, holding her phone up to show him the picture. 

Seb's heart sank.  "Sweetheart it's not how it looks."

"How can it be anything else?  Are you getting fed up of screwing an elephant? Is that why you went out on the pull with Lewis and Dan?  Was she good in bed Seb?  Better than me?"

" Now you're being ridiculous," he sighed, running his hand through his hair, evidently agitated. 

"If she's so amazing why did you bother coming back?  Oh yes.  The baby.  I can't believe this. I trusted you Sebastian."

" Nothing happened Lucie.  I am in love with you.  Only you. We had a drink.  Dan fancied her friend.  She tried it on.  I turned her down.  Ask Dan, ask Lewis."

"They'd lie for you."  She threw another cushion at him. He dodged it and closed the space between them. He grabbed her wrist as she tried to walk away. 

"Lucie, you know me.  You know I love you.  I would never cheat on you!" he shouted, exasperated.

"Then  why didn't you even warn me about this? I didn't even know you went out!"

"It was one drink for fuck's sake.  I am allowed a life you know!"

"Well why don't you fuck off and live it then? Let go of me!"

"You're overreacting."

"She was all over you!"

"I pushed her off a split second after this had been taken!"

"You had your arm around her in another picture!"

"We were posing for a photo.  I didn't think. I'm sorry ok.  But you need to trust me.  There's no one else but you!"

"I was stupid  to think I could keep you.  All these women throwing themselves at you.  Natasha was right!"

Seb dropped her wrist.  "Is that what you really think of me?" he asked, looking hurt.  Lucie looked away from him.  "I guess so," he said.

He grabbed his car keys off of the coffee table and stormed out of the house.  Lucie followed him to the door.

"Seb, I'm sorry. Please don't go!  I'm just scared of losing you.  Please!"

He slammed the car door behind him and started the engine up.  Lucie started sobbing as he drove off through the gates. 

Why had she acted like that?  Of course she trusted him.  She put a hand on her back and went back indoors.  She'd lost him, hadn't she ? All because of her stupid hormonal insecurities. 

She stopped in her tracks as a strong familiar pain tore through her bump.  No.  Not now! It was too early.  It was just a Braxton Hicks she told herself. 

She went and sat on the sofa and switched the television on. She looked at the clock.  Freddie would be finishing school soon.  He wasn't coming home tonight though.  Her mum was having him. She'd offered, saying that Lucie and Seb should spend some time alone before the baby arrived. 

Two hours passed.  She tried calling Seb, leaving him an apologetic voicemail when he didn't answer.  She left him a text too. 

Lucie:  Seb I am so sorry.  I don't know what came over me.  Please forgive me.  You're right.  I overreacted.  I do trust you.  I love you.  Please come home xx

She'd had no more pains other than her almost constant back ache.  She got up and went into the kitchen. It must have been a Braxton Hicks.  Opening the fridge she cried out as another pain ripped through her.  This was one stronger and longer.  

She breathed through it until it abated.  She padded  over to the sink and filled a glass with water.  Then she felt something pop, and her knickers quickly became soaked.  Shit no!  Not now!  But it was.  Her waters had gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.9K 1.6K 40
A woman is appointed as the new press officer for a Formula 1 driver whom she admires. What's her reaction when she found out that he has a feeling f...
160K 5.2K 73
Life didn't always go the way you planned. Sebastian Vettel was proof of that. Once a world champion racing driver, he'd given up on his dreams to...
110K 2.7K 74
⚠️ Warning, this story contains smut ⚠️ Reunited with her best friends after years apart 2021 was going to a great year, Melissa could feel it. A n...
372K 7.8K 72
Two childhood friends have their biggest dreams. But they have to separate when they are teenagers. They are destined to meet again after 12 years. D...