14: Falling

Seb woke up. It was still dark.  He reached his arm out for Lucie, but she wasn't there.  He sat up in bed. He needed the toilet.  He switched the lamp on and climbed out of bed.  He padded, naked, to the bathroom, expecting to find Lucie there, but she wasn't. 

He relieved himself and returned to the bedroom, pulling his shorts on.  Then he went downstairs to find her.  He found her curled up on the sofa , her knees pulled up to her chin. 

"Hey, are you ok?"

She turned her head to look at him.  She'd been crying. "Luce, what's the matter?"

"Nothing, it's just hormones.  I'm due on.  I get weepy," she lied.  The reality was that she knew her time with Seb was coming to an end.  She didn't know why she was so upset.  It wasn't as if she loved the guy.  It was just sex. Really fantastic sex, but still just sex. 

The last few days had been amazing.  He'd come around everyday after she'd finished work and they'd spent most of the time having sex.  Sex in bed, sex on the sofa, sex in the shower.

They'd even had sex on the stairs last night.  He'd been unable to wait and had pushed her down on all fours before fucking her from behind.  She'd noticed a more dominant side of him coming out as they'd got more comfortable with each other. 

If only they had more time.  The idea of a dominant Seb was a big turn on. 

But now it was the early hours of Saturday and soon he would be going. There would be no more sleepovers. Freddie would be home soon.

He slid onto the sofa next to her and put his arm around her. "Are you sure you're ok?"

"I'm fine," she said smiling at him, a lump in her throat.

"Come back to bed," he murmured, kissing along her collar bone. "Let's make the most of what time we have left."

He stood up and scooped her up into his arms, heading for the stairs. They kissed, softly as he carried her up to her bedroom.

He laid her down on the bed and started pressing kisses to her ankle, all the way up to her knee, then to her hip.

She gave a little whimper as he pushed her T-shirt up. He was pleased to see she wasn't wearing underwear. It would make things easier. He pulled the T-shirt over her head, leaving her naked beneath him. He jumped up and took his shorts off, grabbing a condom from the side at the same time. He rolled it on to his hard length and positioned himself between her legs. He pushed himself in gently.

If this was going to be their last time he wanted it to be gentle and loving. He moved slowly inside her. His mouth whispering in ear about how beautiful she was, how perfect she was.

Lucie had never ever felt like this. She realised she had been lying to herself. She'd been falling in love with him and now the fall was complete.

He carried on making slow, gentle love to her until he felt her muscles clench around him and she cried out as her climax hit her. He followed shortly after, choking back a sob as he came so hard.

"Lucie, I love....being inside you like this," he said, quickly stopping himself from uttering those three words.

He and Lucie would never work out. He didn't want to drag her into the crazy world of Formula 1.

He didn't want to ruin her with the press attention, with the jealous fans. And she had a kid. He couldn't expect her to leave Freddie with his grandparents and follow him around the world.

No, this was it. Once he left this island he would never see her again. She would be just a memory. One that he would never forget.

Lucie held back her tears. That had been the most beautiful experience of her life. Seb had never made love to her like that before. It had always been fast and passionate. That had been tender and loving.

Seb rolled off of her and went to dispose of the condom. Lucie rolled onto her side facing the window. She closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep when he came back. She would break if she spoke to him. She felt him kiss her shoulder. He snuggled up to her, pressing his body against hers. She opened her eyes and stared outside through the gap in the curtains. The sun was starting to rise. Soon it would be time for him to go.

They still had until Wednesday, but from today it wouldn't be just them anymore. Freddie would be back.

She couldn't wait to see Freddie. She missed his cuddles, she missed his laugh. She hoped that he would get on with Seb. She wanted to make some more beautiful memories to help get her through the difficult days that she knew was coming.

What would life after Seb be like? Maybe they could stay in touch? Text every now and then? Deep down though she knew a clean break would be for the best. It would only hurt more to hear how his life was moving on without her. Maybe he'd get back together with his ex. She hoped not. He deserved better. He deserved the world. She only wished she could be the one to give it to him but he'd made it clear from the beginning that this was only a summer fling.

Now she'd gone and broken the rules. Falling in love had never been part of the deal. No, once he left. That was it. She would never see, or hear from him, again.

Seb closed his eyes. What if he stayed? What if he gave it all up and stayed here forever with Lucie and Freddie on this little island?

He knew he couldn't do it. He would be giving up every part of who he was. He was a racer. He wanted that fifth title. Lucie was a sacrifice he had to make. He wiped a tear from his face. He would get over her. Wouldn't he?

Lucie eventually fell asleep for real. She woke a couple of hours later. The other side of the bed was empty. Seb had gone.