Length of Happiness

By wahahapanda

Taeyeon wakes up and finds out that she gets a second chance. Super smart academically, but lacks social skil... More

[Prologue] Chapter I - Alone
[Prologue] Chapter II - Adopted
Chapter 1 - A New Beginning
Chapter 2 - School: First Impressions
Chapter 3 - School: Jessica
Chapter 4 - School: Sunny
Chapter 5 - School: Sunny [2]
Chapter 6 - Face Full of Water
Chapter 7 - Rank 1
Chapter 8 - Lost and Found
Chapter 9 - Stupid
Chapter 10 - Bickering Days
Chapter 11 - Tiffany
Chapter 12 - Despicable
Chapter 13 - Something is Off
Chapter 14 - Left Out
Chapter 15 - About Her
Chapter 16 - Headaches
Chapter 17 - Something Different
Chapter 18 - Rebellious
Chapter 19 - Deja Vu
Chapter 20 - Guilt
Chapter 21 - Her Reason
Chapter 22 - Jessica
Chapter 23 - Taeyeon's Side
Chapter 24 - Jessica's Side [Part 1]
Chapter 25 - Sh*t Eating Grin
Chapter 26 - Needy
Chapter 27 - Start of Something New and Something Bad
Chapter 28 - Unwanted Memories
Chapter 29 - Unwanted Memories [Part 2]
Chapter 31 - Confessions Gone Wrong
Chapter 32 - Make Love and Jealousy
Chapter 33 - Payback
Chapter 34 - A Promise for the Next Chapter
Epilogue
[Epilogue - Part 2]

Chapter 30 - Confessions Gone Right

75 2 0
By wahahapanda

After a while, the news of Taeyeon passing out in the storage room spread around the school. Several students spoke fun of her, saying she tried to cheat because of her recent poor performance and was nearly kicked out of the gifted program. Others thought she had always been cheating but had always gotten away with it.

However, due to Tiffany's idea of her being a tutor, a handful of people defended her. They said there was no way that she needed to cheat. Luckily one of them saw Yuri walking outside the classroom with Taeyeon's notebook since Taeyeon had it out when tutoring them. In addition to that, they defended Taeyeon, saying there is no way a relatively new student knew where the exam was or where the key was. One teacher also pointed out that Yuri went to the office to ask for information she was never interested in before.

Jessica was standing outside of their classroom when the students protested. She felt resentful at first that Taeyeon seemed to always get the way she wanted. Students used to support nobody but her, and Taeyeon managed to change everything. But that same look turned into a sullen pout the more she listened, hearing some students still used the stolen magazine incident to judge Yuri. If Yuri were to get expelled now, this would definitely be one of the biggest regrets of her high school career. So, she decided to at least come clean and not suffer the guilt.

Will she still be able to get into college after? Or even graduate? She didn't give it a second thought because her best friend was suffering for her.

------

Taeyeon smiled and gave a small wave towards Jessica, making the latter roll her eyes with a scoff.

"Jessica, care to explain?" The principal asked her.

"I was the one who trapped Taeyeon inside the storage room," Jessica stated simply, hoping they would make this easy for her.

The principal gave the matter a thought before answering. "But I have heard different from many students that they saw Yuri with her notebook, and no one said they saw you. And the only person who went to the office was Yuri within the past week."

Jessica took a deep breath, knowing there was no taking her words back after this. "I made her do it. I know Yuri always follows my lead, so I asked her to do it."

"And why would you do that? What do you have against her?"

Jessica glanced at Taeyeon, and for the first time in her life, she found it hard to open her mouth. "I don't like the way she looks at me. I just don't like her!" She babbled, unsure of what to say.

"I don't believe that sounds very convincing. Jessica, your father, has very high expectations for you; please consider what you are saying here very carefully."

Jessica heaved a sigh and told the teachers that she had a grudge against Taeyeon for taking her rank one spot. Then admitted that the magazine incident was her doing. During that incident, she asked a girl to steal the magazine for her. And she told them her name for them to confirm.

Taeyeon knew that trapping her inside the storage room wasn't Jessica's doing. But she could see that The latter really cares for Yuri, so she kept her mouth shut.

Both of the adults heaved a heavy sigh at the current events. They have no choice but to call the parents in for a meeting.

The meeting is going smoothly. Mr. and Mrs. Im was surprised that Taeyeon got in trouble with Jessica. They were worried about what Jessica's family would think of them, fearing that the wealthier family may not be friendly towards them for their daughter's involvement. Mrs. Im believes that they should not worry since Jessica is in the wrong. They shouldn't act against them if they are rational and reasonable people. But Mr. Im was worried the whole time that they might turn faces. Who knows what excuse they may come up with?

However, Jessica's family was friendly, and the girl's mother apologized sincerely regarding her daughter's actions. Mr. Jung, on the other hand, feels very disappointed in his daughter but feels quite interested in meeting this Taeyeon.

Taeyeon's parents were astonished when they heard their daughter's performance for the first time. They know that the girl has liked to study ever since joining their family but did not realize how smart she is.

Then Mr. Lim and the principal inquired the parents on why Taeyeon fainted. The nurse said that the girl fainted due to stress or she saw something that triggered it. They asked the parents if she had any medical history or suffered any trauma, which the parents did not know.

The peaceful nature of the atmosphere changed when Jessica was called to the office.

------

"JESSICA!"

Jessica ran out of the office angrily about what her father had said during the meeting.

"What do you think you are doing?" Her father looked at her sternly in the eye.

"What?" Jessica glared at her father while keeping her head low.

"That expression. I know this expression. Why do you sound like you are the one being wronged here?"

"I already admitted and apologized. What else do you want me to do? It was all my fault! Ok?"

"You take that sorry expression off of your face right now!" Mr. Jung shouted. "How are you wronged then? Give me a reason, and let me see if you are right."

"Wronged? You have done nothing else but yell at me! When talking to your business partners, you act so meekly and kind, but you turn your face every time you see me! Do you even care about what I want!?"

"Don't bring that shit up again. How do I not care about you? I am out here working, isn't all this for you? Whatever you wanted to eat or to wear, I have given them all to you."

"Stop pushing your stupid stuff onto me! I am not interested in your business... I just want to do what I want and live my own life." Jessica tried to explain, but she could feel her voice failing from all the commotion.

"What life do you want to lead?" Her dad asked skeptically.

Just behind a sign, Tiffany watched the father-and-daughter argue with a concerned look.

"With the kind of mess you pulled, can you even still stay at school? How much more face do you still want me to lose because of you!?" Her dad continued when he heard no response. "After high school, we will transfer you to study abroad."

Jessica's jaw dropped. "...Transfer? Why?"

"Why? How about I ask you why!? After this, can you imagine how bad the gossip will be? You don't care about losing face. You have to worry about the family's."

"I am not leaving! If other students want to talk crap, then let them talk! I don't fucking care!"

Jessica turned her head and stormed off without waiting for her father's reactions.

A concerned Tiffany followed.

------

"JESS!"

Tiffany running after Jess grabbing her by the wrist.

"Jess. What happened?"

Jessica heaved a sigh and turned around, shaking off her hand, "What? Are you here to mock me? Laugh at me?"

"What? Why would I do that...no." Tiffany shook her head, "I heard you and your dad's conversation. He wants you to study abroad?"

"Ah, so you wish I am gone too?" Jessica scoffed, "So, you can stay with your new girlfriend and live happily ever after?"

"I don't. I wish you could stay, and we can be friends again."

"Of course, I won't leave. I will never leave."

Tiffany exhaled, breathing a bit easier. "That's good, and I know you will learn to make up and change for the better."

"That's right. It's all my fault. I am so sorry to all of you. I don't need you to come here to scold me or to show sympathy. I will apologize to Taeyoon, your precious little girlfriend." She said in half sarcastic tone. "Then the rest of you can laugh and say whatever you guys want. I know all of you look down on me that I am pitiful."

"Jess. No one is going to talk down to you or pity you. We all believe in you. You know Taeyoon really wanted to help you with those notes; that's why she never wanted you to find out that she wrote them. After Chanyeol told her that he revealed her secret, Taeyoon had not spoken to him for weeks!"

"Am I supposed to be flattered? Did you know that because of all this, Yuri almost got expelled? Where was your concern?"

"Wait...why Yuri?"

"Because Yuri tried to be clever and conjured up the plan to set Taeyoon up," Jessica admitted. "I have to step in to take the blame for her and confess, I owe her."

"Jess...I am sorry." Tiffany apologized, realizing she hadn't been exactly there for her friends because she had been so infatuated with Taeyeon.

At Taeyeon's house, Tiffany wanted to spend the rest of the day with her, fearing the shorty would pass out again or get sick.

"Why would you go into a dark room like that? It was obviously a trap!" Yoona scolded her sister.

"I was curious what they wanted. Jesus Christ, I didn't know they hated me that much. How can someone try to get me expelled!?" Taeyeon protested.

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "Obviously, how many times have I told you, Yuri, is head-over-heels over Jessica? She would do anything for her to be happy."

"Why? Is she stupid?"

"Because she loves Jessica, you idiot." Yoona butted in, earning a look from Tiffany.

"You knew?" asked Tiffany.

"Who doesn't? Yuri is always there supporting Jessica, even for the dumbest reasons. I remember back in middle school, when Jessica gets in trouble, Yuri would happily take the blame."

"But you don't have to get in trouble to show your love for her. If I love someone, I will never get in trouble for them." Taeyeon said, a bit clueless on the topic of really loving someone.

"Ok, unnie. Think of it like this. Someone hurt your loved one so bad, and the next time you see that someone, what would you do?" Yoona asked an example.

"Why would someone want to hurt her? Maybe she deserved it."

"Are you serious?" Yoona's jaw dropped at her sister's response and looked at Tiffany, who frowned, feeling a bit disappointed. Questioning whether if the shorty really loves her or not.

"What if someone hurt Tiffany?" Yoona tried again with a more relatable question.

"No one is going to hurt Tiffany." Taeyeon talked back, surprising Tiffany.

"I said what if!"

"No one will hurt her. Why would anyone hurt Tiffany?"

Ok, maybe she is just clueless about love. Tiffany thought. She remained quiet because she was pretty interested in the shorty's answers.

"That's why I asked what if."

"There is no WHAT IF'S."

"Yah! It's just a question! Can't you just answer it for the sake of my curiosity!?" Yoona was about to pull her hair out from her sister's stubbornness.

"Bleh!"Taeyeon made a silly and childish face at her sister, knowing it would irritate the latter.

"What if someone hurt Chanyeol?"

"Who cares about him? He can go cry to his momma." Taeyeon retorted.

A smirk emerged from Yoona's face. "So, you do care about Tiffany if she got hurt."

"What?"

"I thought you said there are no what-ifs? You love Fany so much, you can't even imagine her getting hurt. My sister is in love!" Yoona teased with a wide grin, her hand clasped over her chest. "See, Tiffany, she does love you."

"What is so special about it? I just don't want to imagine people close to me get hurt. Chanyeol isn't that close."

Yup, not have a clue at all. Tiffany confirmed.

"Since Tiffany isn't that special, then I can have her, right? So, from now on, you can't be alone with Fany anymore, only I get to spend quality alone time with her." Yoona gave her big wide grin.

No one gets to spend alone time with Tiffany but me! Taeyeon thought. "Don't you dare!"

Yoona burst into laughter, while Tiffany unconsciously smiled at her reaction.

Now Taeyeon has a big frown on her face that's almost comical, like the one you see in cartoons. Her mouth went into a downward curve that's more pronounced than Tiffany's eye-smile. "If someone hurt you, you can go cry to mommy too!"

"Arghhh!!! I am going to kill you, you little midget!" Yoona was about to pounce on her.

"Yoong enough, it's like you really wanted someone to hurt me just to see your sister's reaction." Tiffany barged in after watching the siblings fight.

The door to their room opened to reveal the sibling's parents.

"Hey, Tae. Someone is here to see you." Her mother said nicely.

Taeyeon looked at Yoona, then Tiffany. Sunny? No, Sunny is busy helping her mom.
"Who is it?"

"It's Mr. Jung, Jessica's father. Come out, don't make him wait. He seems like a very busy man."

With that, Mrs. Im went back to the living room.

"I am so dead."

"Don't worry, we are here. We won't let evil rich daddy hurt you."

"Dude! She just got out of high school and doesn't even have a degree yet!" Yoona exclaimed uncharacteristically, surprising both Taeyeon and Tiffany.

"Well, I have seen her works, and it's because of her my daughter, Jessica, has finally come to her senses. Because of her, our Jess has finally decided to study and take our business seriously."

Taeyeon looks a bit unhappy because that's not what she wanted. She wanted Jessica to get that wish she wanted by achieving rank 1.

"You look not happy about this offer?" Asked Mr. Jung after noticing the look on her face. He seemed a bit out of place, dressed in an expensive suit sitting in a small apartment.

"I am...." Taeyeon thought for a moment. Maybe I can find a way to make up for what I did. "Yes, that sounds good. I will take the offer." She smiled to affirm the offer.

"Then it's decided. After you graduate, I will have someone pick you up a week before your job starts." Mr. Jung looks a bit overly joyed at Taeyeon accepting the offer. He thanked Mr. and Mrs. Im. Then he apologized for his daughter's behaviour again before leaving the house.

------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 19K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
10.3K 534 17
Roseanne Park is the captain of the soccer team. She is not a very social person and likes to keep to herself and her own (which consists of two) fri...
20.2K 666 10
A tale of hopeless romantics between two best friends who have feelings for each other but don't know how to express them in words Minatozaki Sana;...
what if? By mochi

Fanfiction

1.1K 66 7
how do two people who've never felt sparks suddenly feel overcome by flames?