RWBY: The Four Heavenly Beasts

By TheKhorne

Ozpin sends Qrow on a mission to find three special boys. Those three and another one that will join them wil... More

Prologue - Four Special Boys
Chapter 1 Young Dragon - Akage Uma
Chapter 2 Black Panther - Kuro Tanken
Chapter 4 The Ram Prince - Amadeus Berge
Chapter 5 Before Initiation
Chapter 6 One Big Slumber Party!
Chapter 7 Initiation
Team Info - Team KAAA
Chapter 8 First Days of School

Chapter 3 Guardian Angel - Alexander Angel

45 2 0
By TheKhorne

 Mantle, in the past big city with booming marketplaces and capital of science but now it lays in shadow of Atlas. Flying island that is kept in the sky with help of gravity dust. With each year Mantle was getting poorer and poorer. Most of it's money was paid to Huntsmen to protect them from Grimm. But that still was not enough, merchants and simple travelers were having a hard time with all of Grimm and bandits living on the ice continent. But there was one person who decided to protect Mantle for nothing. His name was Alexander Angel, heir to nonexistent now Angel Dust company. He protects people of Mantle by taking care of Grimm. And now, he needs to prove why he is named Guarding Angel...

 Family of five, runs through the snowy plains. Little girl that is led by her mother looks back and sees their small caravan destroyed by Grimm who are now chasing them. Father shouts to them to run faster, they are close to Mantel. They can hear grimm behind them, Beowulf, Ursa and few Nevermore. As they are running, little boy who was slightly behind them trips on a rock and falls into the snow. Father stops and begins runs towards him while he orders others to run forward. He finally gets to him and takes him into his arms but as he stands up he sees Nevermore flying towards them, his claws ready to catch them. Father turns around and shields his son, ready to take the attack. But it never comes and instead he hears blade being drawn and Nevermore falling to the ground behind them. 

 In front of them stands a young man with his sword drawn, next to him are disappearing corpses of Nevermore. His face is stoic as he is wearing white robes with black boots and few other black ornaments on them. He coldly looks towards the other grimm and sheaths his sword. He glances back towards scared man and his son.

"Go."

 Man nods quickly and he takes off running away with his son. Alexander looks back at grimm and grips handle of his sword. He tilts himself forwards and when grimm are close enough he does a quick vertical slash. 

  At first nothing happens before hundreds of ice icicles sprout out of ground impaling some of the charging grimm. Alexander holds his sword in front of him and sides steps a slash from beowolf before cutting it in two. He block few more slashes from another beowolf before dodging out of Ursas claw. He glares at them and begins his carnage.

 His sword goes from left to right, from the above to the ground. Grimm can do nothing but to fall to his sword. His speed unmatched by anyone known to him. Another Ursa pounces at him, Alexander simply jumps over it and cuts it's back. As he lands behind it, he cuts it hind legs before moving to another grimm.

 All of this repeats for few minutes as he finally finishes grimm around him. As grim turn into dust he sheaths his sword and looks around. The family from before nowhere in sight, Alexander nods and as he is about to take off he hears a high pitched scream. His head whips to the left and more screams are heard.

"That family run in that direction."

 His eyes widen as silver aura gathers around him. His aura moves around his body and gathers on his back before set of giant angel wings sprout out form his back. Alexander crouches down before he takes off, flying towards the screams. 

 When he arrives at the place he sees two children standing against a wall, with grimm surrounding them. He scans the area around them and sees their parents and older sister dead on the ground, their bodies ripped open. Alexander looks back at the children and figures out that the negative energy coming out of them had to lure all of those grimm. 

 Alexander frowns before he flew even faster. As Beowulf is about to pounce on the children. Alexander crashes on top of it, his sword piercing it's skull. He quickly rips his sword out and takes a stance in front of the children, shielding them from grimm using his wings. He sheathes his sword quickly and waits, glaring at the grimm.

 Grimm all growl at Alexander before two Beowulf charge at him. Alexander does a quick horizontal slash and wave of fire is send forward. It swallows two grimm and burns them to crisp. More grimm began to charge at Alexander and he takes care of them but not as quick as before. He needs to protect children behind him while fighting. On grimm pounces at the kids behind him and he jumps in front of it allowing other grimm to cut him but Alexander quickly retaliates cutting them into pieces. 

  Alexander looks around and sees a small passage in the stone wall, kids could make through. He looks at the boy.

"Kids! Into the cave!"

  At first boy doesn't understand but then he sees the opening. Boy nods his quickly and takes his sister by the hand and crawls in. Now with kids safe Alexander breaths in and out before once again activating his wings. This time they hardened and became almost solid. Alexander charges forward at the grimm and using both his sword and wings cuts down grimm left and right.

 Giant Ursa attacks him but he blocks it's slash with his wing before impaling Ursa on the other one while using sword to cut of it's head. He continues for few more minutes before he is done.

 As the last grimm falls, he also falls to his knees exhausted. He turned off his semblance and wobbly, walked up to the small opening. He sat down near it and took few deep breaths.

"You can come out. It's safe."

 Slowly kids crawl out from the small opening and look at him. Girl began to cry and she hugged Alexander tightly causing him to wince. Quickly little boy joined them and also hugged Alexander who sighed but had a small smile on his face.

"Let's get out from here."

------ 

 After taking kids to Mantel and giving them to correct people he went to his home. He needed to prepare for a party. He was invited by Schnee Dust Company to a part after he protected one of the bigger dust shipments. He figured out that it's more for a show then appreciation, they need to show appreciation towards known hero all around Mantle and Atlas. But Alexander also predicts that it's to hide something, he feels that it was SDC that send out bandits to raid dust shipments of other companies. After taking care of his wound, he took his white tuxedo and went to the party in Atlas.

 First he had to go to a giant theater, he found his seat and awaited for something to happen.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome, Weiss Schnee!"

 Crowd began to clap as young girl with white as snow hair and in white dress walked on the scene. Alexander immediately recognized her as the daughter of hated by him and his family Jacques Schnee. Alexander doesn't know her personally so he doesn't know if she is as stuck up her own arse as Jacques or not. But he is ready to find out.

 As the ovations calmed down, Wiess began to sing. In seconds all people around were captivated by her voice, Alexander was as well. He was entranced by her soft voice and emotions in it. Especially the sadness in it...

 He didn't knew why, but he always was able to feel emotions of another person when they sang. He could do it from the day he was born, always knowing what his mother felt when singing to him. 

 After few minutes of an amazing performance, Weiss bowed and crowd erupted in claps ad ovations.  Alexander also joined in as he enjoyed it, even tho his stoic face didn't change. But he stopped clapping when he saw how sad Weiss looked when walking out of the stage.  After Weiss's performance most guests were invited to a banquet.

 Alexander walked around the ball room, listening into others conversations and from time to time sipping on his champagne. Even tho he was invited here no one wanted to talk with him and one woman even cursed him, it's not like he cared but it made this trip all the more not worthy. Alexander sighed and placed his glass down on a nearby table before heading to the exit. As he walked there someone suddenly bumped in him, hitting his wound and making him wince slightly.

  He looked down to see no other then Weiss Schnee holding her head before looking up at Alexander with glare.

"Are you not watching where are you going?"

 She said to him with anger and small growl in her voice. Alexander looked at her with his usual stoic face before bowing slightly.

"I am sorry, Miss Schnee. It seems that mine thoughts were somewhere else for a moment..."

 As he bowed a pedant in shape of two wings fell out from under his shirt and hang from his neck and Weiss saw it. Her eyes widen slightly and he looked closer at him. Stoic amber eyes, small braid on the left side of his head.

"But it would seem that you also didn't saw where you were going."

 Weiss ignored his remark about her walking into him and turned the attention to him. 

"Are you, Alexander Angel by any means?"

"Yes, that would be me. It's pleasure to meet you, Weiss Schnee."

 He bowed slightly again with one hand behind his back and the other one on his heart. Weiss also bowed slightly, enjoining the mannerism as they could show a lot about person. 

"It's pleasure to meet you as well, The Guarding Angel of Mantle."

 Alexander send her a little smile and waved his hand a little.

"Please, don't call me by that name. I don't think that I am worthy of this title that was given to mine grand grandfather."

 "Why do you think that? You spend most of your days protecting Mantle and it's people from Grimm and such."

 Alexander's smile disappeared and instead frown took it's place. 

"Yes, most of them not every. I want to spend mine life protecting the kingdom I and mine family live in, just like mine grand grandfather. And I won't achieve it by spending 'most' of mine days doing that. I must devote mine heart to this cause. Everyday that I don't spend protecting them, another person dies. I am not able to save everyone but I will not lay down until I damn try."

 Weiss listened to what he was saying and began to wonder. 'Was it all just a play?' She heard and knew both men and women who said similar things but in the end they wanted money and fame, like everyone. There is no man that cannot be bought and she knew that Alexander is the same. 

"I am sure you will achieve your goal. But I must say I am surprised that you are here...."

 Alexander raised eyebrow and tilted his head slightly.

"How so?"

"Well...interactions between mine and your's family aren't the best. Mine father caused your father's company to bankrupt and then he bought it out. I would imagine you wouldn't come here, out of spite..."

 Alexander looked into Weiss eyes and listened to her voice, he didn't hear any sarcasm or ill intentions aimed towards him. Alexander sighed and tapped his chin.

"Well...Maybe I came here for the very reason. To prove something."

 This time it was Weiss who raised eyebrow.

"That being?"

"That I hate only your father."

 Weiss eyes widen slightly, in slight shock.

"I have nothing against you or your mother and sister. Jacques is a different story tho..."

"I..I see..."

 Both of them began to talk more and more, spending time of this banquet with each other. Alexander learned about Weiss dream of becoming huntress and that she is planning to go to Beacon, not Atlas. He was quite shocked as her sister is known to go Atlas Academy. 

 Suddenly music start to play and people began to pair up and dance. Alexander and Weiss looked around the ball room before at each other. Both smiled and bowed slightly.

"May you give me this dance?"

 Alexander asked as he outstretched his hand towards Weiss who smiled and took it.

"Yes, I may."

 And so they were driven by music, dancing together till the party came to an end. After saying their goodbyes, Alexander left to Mantle while Weiss left to her mansion. Through his travel back home he thought about Weiss, and even tho he knew her only for this hour or two she seemed different from her father. 

 Steps from behind pulled him out of his thoughts and caused to look back. There he saw Qrow with a small smirk on his face.

"Hey. We need to talk..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 253 24
After the attack on Vale, Anakin, Blake, and Yang meet a new friend. Afterwards Anakin and his team begin more missions as Huntsmen and Huntress' bef...
28.3K 442 20
After a number of events and conflicts occurred during your first semester in Beacon, the new semester rounds the corner as you continue your trainin...
25K 369 14
It's been 3 years since the Fall of Beacon. The students and teachers of the lost school have banded together to fight this new threat. But Y/N has s...
136K 1.4K 35
You're the son of Summer and Qrow. Raised by Summer and Tai you then enrolled in Signal and later, Beacon. There you meet a mysterious girl dressed i...