𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐁

By stunna4cee

" Having somebody by your side to help you, can make them everyday battles easier... especially if that wasn'... More

1 .
2 .
3 .
4 .
5 .
6 .
7 .
8 .
10 .
11 .
12 .
13 .
14 .
15 .

9 .

4.5K 214 49
By stunna4cee

" He's lucky. If the cut would have been a few inches deeper, it could have hit an important organ... he's very lucky to be alive. ", the doctor shared looking at Deion's chart. " He did just get out of surgery so if you guys want to visit you can, one at a time though please. "

Trell and Boogie looked back at me then at each other.

" Kaycee you wanna go first? ", Trell asked sitting down next to me. I shook my head and kept drawing in my notebook.

I wanna be here for Deion but I feel like this whole thing is my fault. I shouldn't have let him go by hisself.

" I'll go. ", Boogie spoke up. The doctor nodded and leads him to Deion's room. Trell grabs my hand causing me to stop drawing. I look up at him. I tried to read his face but I couldn't tell how he was feeling. It was almost like he looked unfazed and sad at the same time.

" You okay? "

I nodded and stripped my hand from his, I wanted to keep drawing. I didn't want nor feel like talking, I just wanted to be alone.

Trell sighs and gets up walking out of the waiting room. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. We've been here since last night. Staying overnight in a hospital brought me back to the times I stayed for my mom.

" Where everybody? ", Roddy questions walking up to me. He had went and got breakfast for everybody. He handed me an orange juice and a cinnamon roll, " I know you said you didn't want anything but Deion told me a while ago, that's what you always get from there. "

I gave him a tight lipped smile, " Thank you. "

He set all the food down on the table and took a seat. He grabbed his food and started eating.

He sipped his orange juice and looked over at me" He out of surgery? " I nodded, " Yeah. You can see him if you want to. " He put his drink down, " Have you seen him yet..? "

" No. "

Trell and Boogie walked back around the corner and sat down. They start looking through the bags for their food.

" How is he? ", Roddy asked Trell and Boogie. Trell looked at Boogie to answer. " He coo. He ain't awake yet so we ain't get to talk to him. "

I sighed and put my food back in the bag. I was tired and I didn't really want to eat. I lay across the couch and cover up in a blanket and closed my eyes. I feel so bad for Deion, he's always trying to look out for everybody else and this time it got him hurt.

•••

I jump out my sleep as I hear my phone start to ring on the table beside me. I groan grabbing it. I sit up and read the name and it was Deion.

I answer but don't say anything.

" Can you come in the room? I wanna talk to you. ", he mumbled. I could tell it hurt for him to talk by his voice. " Yeah. ", I agreed. He hung up and I rubbed my eyes.

I didn't really wanna go in there but I didn't want it to seem like I'm trying to not be there for him, I just feel guilty.

I make my way to the room and push the door open slowly. I see everybody sitting there talking and Deion laying in the bed. I walk in and everybody looks at me.

" Can y'all give us a minute? ", Deion let out sitting up. Everybody nodded and started getting up. I sat on the chair next to Deion's bed and Roddy closed the door.

" Why you ain't come see me? ", he started. I looked down at my fingers and shrugged. " That ain't an answer Kaycee... Ima tell you what I think the reason is and you tell me if I'm right... Ight? " I nodded.

" You feel like this yo fault. ", he said simply. I looked up at him. How does he know that? " I'm right aren't I? "

I sighed, " I should've made you stay with me or I should've went with you... maybe if I went with you, you getting stabbed could have been prevented. "

He stared at me, " There's nothing you could have done yo. I'm glad I went by myself so that you didn't get hurt. "

" I could have pepper sprayed him... or tazed him! " Deion chuckled and I raised my eyebrows, I was being serious.

" Even though my side hurt like a bitch, you made me laugh yo. ", he smiled. " I didn't mean to, I was being serious. " He nodded, " I know, that's what made it funny. "

I rolled my eyes and got comfortable in the chair. I curl up and watch Deion as he tries to get comfortable. It's always cold in hospitals and I never knew why.

" I would give you my blanket but I don't got nothing on under this gown. " I scrunched my face and he laughed causing me to laugh too. " I'm being forreal yo. ", he assured grabbing his side. I slowed my laughing and laid back staring at Deion as he stared at me.

" Doctor said I'm good to leave tomorrow if everything look alright... I gotta stay with somebody to help me move around. Wanna do a part two or what? "

I pushed my lips to the side. " Mmm no. ", I joked. He smacked his lips, " Stop playing with me... it don't matter anyways. You really don't gotta choice yo, I decided for you. "

" No you didn't. I can decide for myself and I said no. ", I sassed. He ignored me and closed his eyes.

I actually wasn't mad that he wanted to stay with me again. Having his company was nice when he wasn't being mean or ignoring me. Since my mom and brother are no longer staying with me, it was nice having company and not feeling alone all the time.

" Can we stay at your house this time? It's so nice and big. ", I pleaded. " I don't wanna stay at my house. "

He opened his eyes, " I told you, you ain't gone be comfortable there. " I raised an eyebrow, " How come I'm not? I remember asking you this before and you didn't answer. "

" I be having a lot of people coming in and out my house sometimes. ", he explained. I shrugged, " I don't care. "

" Ight. ", he said simply. " We can stay at my crib. "

•••

" Are we almost there? ", I whined going through my camera roll. I was bored and I always go through my camera roll and delete things I don't want anymore.

We had stopped at my house first so that I could get clothes and other things I needed. I forgot Deion's house was almost 30 minutes away from mine. Plus Roddy and Deion kept making stops in between.

" We almost there yo, quit complaining. ", Deion said looking back at me. I rolled my eyes digging through my purse. I was thinking about calling the model guy today but I still wasn't sure on what I wanted to do.

" Roddy, yes or no? ", I urged. He looked at me in the rear view mirror, " Yes or no what? "

" Just pick... Deion you too. "

" No. ", Deion let out instantly. I was going to say something but I'm not even surprised he picked that answer.

" Yes. ", Roddy answered. I sighed, " That didn't help. " Deion looked back at me, " You wanted us to pick so we picked yo. "

" Why'd you have to say no? ", I sassed. " If you even had to ask us yes or no then you don't wanna do whatever shit it is forreal. If you wanted to do it, you woulda did it. "

I didn't say anything, he was right. He always has to give a wise or smart answer and I don't know how I feel about that...

" Alright, I'll do it. "

Deion nodded and turned back around as Roddy pulled into the gated community. We drive around until we get to Deion's house.

Once in the driveway, I grab my bags and get out the car. I look at the house and smile. It will never not be surprising of how big his house is.

Roddy hands Deion his cane and I follow Roddy and Deion as they walk up to the house. Deion has a cane to help him walk a little since his side still hurts.

Deion unlocks the door and we walk in. Everything was furnished nice and the house looked untouched. Everything was in place.

" You sure you live here? ", I joke putting my bag down in the living room. I sit on the couch and Deion throws a pillow at me, " Whatchu tryna say yo? "

I chuckle and throw the pillow back at him. He walks off towards the kitchen and I follow him. He goes into the fridge and grabs milk, then a bowl, then the Corn Flakes cereal box.

I sit at the island and scrunch my face, " Ew. " He smacked his lips, " Kaycee move, mugging my cereal. It's healthier then that sugary shit you be eating... that's all you got at yo crib. "

He groaned siting down in the seat next to me. He ate his cereal and I just watched him. I had a lot of questions I wanted to ask about the night of the dinner party but I didn't wanna ask if he wasn't ready to talk about it.

" Talk to me, whatchu thinking bout? ", he questioned taking a bite of his cereal. I shook my head and looked away from him as my phone rang. It was Trell.

I didn't wanna talk so I let the phone ring.

Deion eyed me but didn't say anything. After the phone stopped ringing I got up from the island, " Where will I be staying? "

" Up the stairs and to the right, it's across from my room. "

I nodded and went back to the living room to grab my bag and went up the stairs. I looked around for the room and eventually found it. I walked in and it was big. There was a couch and a fireplace in the room and everything else you wouldn't expect in a regular room.

Deion walked in the room holding his bowl of cereal limping. I raise an eyebrow, " Where's your cane? " He shrugged, " Ion need it right now, you like the room? "

I nodded and looked around sitting on the bed, " Yeah, it's nice. "

" It better be, I had somebody come decorate it so that it would be ready for you to stay in. This room used to be my home office and shit. "

" You didn't have to do that. ", I said shaking my head. He started drinking the milk from his bowl, " I wanted to though. "

" Change ya clothes, let's watch a movie assum. ", he continued. He walked out the room closing the door. I sighed and laid back in the bed. The night kept replaying in my head... I wanna know who Ron is and why he hurt Keon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 11.4K 89
Thugs need love too ya know.
467K 11.6K 50
"But whatever you do, stay away from thugs". I was told this all my life but thugs were sexy and had money. Every girl loves a man that can handle he...
37.6K 918 54
Don't never let a man put his hands on uu 💯✊🏻✊🏽✊🏿. Enjoy 💛
1.3K 91 19
You don't get to keep fucking hurting me. I deal with all you bullshit and you expect me to keep a fucking baby because you in jail. Get real Camdyn.