MaNan FF - Humesha : Book 2 [...

By WeirdFascinations

MaNan is back! After a turbulent college life, everyone is chasing their dreams and passions, while dealing w... More

Chapter 1 : Delhi Diaries
Chapter 2 : Back To My Love
Chapter 3 : Endgame
Chapter 4 : Conflicts
Chapter 6 : Celebrations!
Chapter 7 : Embracing The Reality
Chapter 8 : Chinese Whisper
Chapter 9 : F.R.I.E.N.D.S
Chapter 10 : Man and Wife
Chapter 11 : Fireflies and Stars
Chapter 12 : A Shoulder To Cry On
Chapter 13 : Shuru Hoon Tumse Hi, Aur Khatam Bhi Tumpe Hi
Chapter 14 : My Person
Chapter 15 : MaNan, Humesha and Forever!
HUMESHA BOOK 3 OUT!!

Chapter 5 : A Lovers' Spat

1.6K 147 9
By WeirdFascinations

It was 6:30 when Nandini came.

"Bohot jaldi aa gayi." Mukti said, while hugging her.

"Tumne dress code ke baare main itna late bola, mujhe sab change karna pada." Nandini said.

"Oops, sorry!" Mukti said and walked inside with her.

"Hey Nanduuuu!" Alya came out from the bedroom and hugged Nandini.

"Heyyy! You look great!" Nandini said, looking at Alya.

"Hai na? She says it's facial. I say it's sex." Mukti said.

"Mukti, relax." Zubin intervened and pulled her away. Nandini looked puzzled.

"You know Mukti na! Ignore!" Alya said, and added a laugh to look casual.

"Right..." Nandini said, not convinced. Just then Dhruv entered.

"Heyy! Dhruuuuv!" Nandini hugged him.

"Hey Nandu!" Dhruv hugged her and patted her hair. Just then he looked at Alya, who had a slight blush.

"Manik?" Dhruv asked.

Nandini broke eye contact and looked away.

"He's coming." Nandini replied and went inside.

There was no one in the living room so Alya approached Dhruv.

"You look tired."

"I am." Dhruv said, massaging his temple.

"Kya hua?" Alya stepped closer.

"HELLLLOO!" A voice boomed in the hallway.

Alya stepped back the very second and started fiddling with her phone.

"Meri pyaari Alya! Aa gayi tu!" Cabir entered the house and opened his arms.

"Such a drama queen." Alya went and hugged him.

"Feelings mat hurt kar yaar!" Cabir said dramatically.

"Aww! Guysss!! Cabiraaa is here!" Alya announced.

Dhruv gave Cabir a bro-hug. Zubin, Mukti and Nandini came to the hall.

"Piya tuuuu! Ab toh aaja!" Cabir sang and hugged Mukti.

"So cheesy Cabir!" Mukti laughed and hugged him back.

"Mere pyaar ko thukrao mat tum sab! Nandini, lag ja gale...ki phir-" Nandini didn't let him finish and hugged him.

"Apne besuri awaz se mat gaaya kar." Mukti said.

"What? He's a gem!" Zubin teased and gave Cabir a side-hug.

"I don't know if you insulted me or complimented me, but ok." Cabir said and sat on the couch.

"Sab aa gaye? Ek minute, Manik?" Mukti asked.

Everyone looked at Nandini.

"What? I am not his parent! He'll come on his own." Nandini said, shrugging.

"Jeez okay, chill." Zubin said.

Nandini shook her head and looked at her phone, the wallpaper had their picture.

"Call him na!" Alya said.

"You call him." Nandini said.

"Arre? Tu kar." Mukti said.

"Guys I...-"

Mukti snatched her phone and called Manik.

Nandini bit her lip nervously. Little did they know Manik hadn't picked up her calls all day.

"He's not picking up." Mukti frowned.

Nandini snatched her phone back and put it in her clutch.

"He'll be here guys." Nandini said.

Just then Manik entered. Mukti smiled at him but then looked at his hand, which had the phone. She had called him five seconds ago, so she knew he would've known. She looked back at Nandini, who looked away.

She decided to let it go for a while and tried to forget it. But she couldn't help but notice the tension between Manik and Nandini. He always kissed her whenever they met after a long day. This time, he didn't even look at her.

"Aa gaya mera yaar! Mera pyaar!" Cabir said loudly.

"Itni jaldi chadh gayi?" Manik asked.

Cabir laughed and gave him a fist-bump. Manik settled beside Cabir on the couch, far away from Nandini.

"So guys! Finally hum sab saath main hai! After a freaking year!" Mukti said.

"Sab busy ho gaye saale!" Cabir said.

"Saale tu 6 mahine Canada main tha!" Dhruv said, slapping Cabir's head.

"Vo alag baat hai." Cabir said.

"Ok shut up. Okay, so...even though hum sab hai yaha, we are not complete. Zubin..." Mukti gestured Zubin.

"Yes ma'am!" Zubin said and brought his laptop. He turned it and everyone saw a black screen.

"Reveal yourself!" Mukti announced.

"Heyyyyy! Kaise ho tum sab?" Someone shrieked.

"Wait...is that Navya? Navya! You are covering the damn camera!" Cabir shouted.

"Oh! Haan hello everyone!" Navya revealed herself.

"Stupid hi rahegi!" Cabir teased. Navya showed her tongue.

"Where's Arya? And Soha?" Alya asked.

"Hamare piche! Tum humse baat karo na!" Navya complained. Everyone laughed and took their turns to talk to their friends over Skype. Manik waited for his turn and Mukti sat beside him.

"Kya baat hai?" Mukti asked softly.

"Huh?" Manik asked.

"Nandini aur tu bohot weird behave kar rahe ho tum dono. Hua kya hai?"

"Nothing yaar. You are imagining."

"Listen, itne saalon mein mujhe yeh toh pata chal gaya hai ki tum dono kaise ho. Har party main tum dono ka romance chalu rehta hai. Iss baar toh tune usko dekha bhi nahi." Mukti said.

"Mukti...tu yeh sab pe dhyaan mat de." Manik said.

"Tum dono mere best friends ho. Agar tum main se koi bhi upset hoga, main dhyaan dungi." Mukti said adamantly.

"Well, this is between her and I. So it will be better if you don't interfere and piss all over it." Manik snapped.

"Fine. Rude banna hai, ban. Ek baat sunle, if someone is offering to hear you out, have the decency to be polite at least." Mukti snapped back and went back to her friends.

Manik closed his eyes and leaned backwards. The day had become worse. First his girlfriend, then his father and now his best friend. Manik took a bottle of beer and went to the balcony.

"Manik."

Manik sighed but didn't turn around.

"Manik, please baat karo mujhse. I can't take your ignorance."

"Go away, Nandini." Manik said, sounding tired.

"Kyun? Tum sun toh lo."

"Kya sunu? Haan?! Kya sunu mein? How you fucking hid it from me all the while? If yes, I don't want to." Manik spoke angrily.

"Manik...Isiliye! Isiliye nahi bola maine kuch."

"No! You know that I am pissed at you because you hid it from me. Agar tumne mujhe us hi din bataya hota, main itna gussa nahi hota. You asked for it." Manik said.

"I didn't know how to tell you."

"Really Nandini? After knowing me for so many years, you give this excuse? Fuck it. I don't want to listen."

"Manik, why are you doing this?"

"Nandini, leave me the fuck alone. And don't try to create a scene here." Manik said and went back inside, leaving a dejected Nandini behind.

Nandini walked back inside, losing all her interest in the party. She just wanted to go home.

"Oh my god." Alya said, after she came out of the balcony. She had been there all the time, talking to her brother. She was on the darker side of the big balcony and both Manik and Nandini hadn't noticed her.

"This is so messed up. I wonder what happened." Alya said to herself.

----

Cabir tried to maintain a conversation with Manik but the latter showed zero interest. He was quietly sipping his drink while the others talked.

"Manik, you seem awfully down. Are you okay?" Cabir asked with concern.

"Nothing's going right, Cabir. Nothing." Manik said.

"Yeh kya bol raha hai tu?" Cabir got worried at Manik's dejected tone.

"I...got into a major fight with Nandini. Probably the messiest one till date." Manik confessed.

Cabir was the only one he could talk to about his problems. Mukti always created more troubles whenever he shared his relationship issues.

"Vo toh maine guess kar liya tha. Lekin kis baat pe?"

"Madhyam."

"Kya? Phir se? Manik, yeh kya bakwas hai? Kitne baar iss cheez pe ladoge tum dono. Bachhe ho kya? Even you are friends with Alya na, your ex of seven years. Vo toh sirf uska dost hai."

"Sunn le meri baat pehle phir suna mujhe. Usne Nandini ko propose kiya, Delhi main." Manik said.

"What?!"

"Exactly. Now I don't exactly know how their conversation went. But I know for sure he proposed to her."

"How are you sure?"

"That idiot told me. He thought Nandini had told me."

"Why were you talking to him?"

"He had called Nandini, but her phone was with me. So I picked it up, especially because it was Madhyam."

Cabir sat silently for some minutes. It was too much to take in.

"Kab hua yeh?"

"Aaj subah. Aur baaki ka sun. I got into an argument with Dad regarding the same. And then with Mukti because she tried to help."

"Manik...kyun hai tu itna impatient. You have to calm down."

"Kaise calm down? Nandini ko Mumbai aakar ek week ho gaya hai. I freaking went to Mangalore, to get permission for marrying her, and then this happens." Manik muttered.

"What? Marry? Did I just hear marry?" Cabir asked.

"Yeah."

"Wow, tu shaadi ke liye tayyar hai?"

"Laga tha ki tayyar hu, par Nandini yaar!"

"Arre, sunn. Tu baat ka batangad bana raha hai. Just talk to her about this. Sab thik ho jaayega. Hear her out at least man."

"Whenever I look at her, I can't stop thinking about Madhyam talking to her, and them together."

"Aise kab tak chalega? Manik, grow up and deal with it. Tu agar usse bhagega toh kuch nahi hone wala. Aur haan, agar yeh saal main tune usse shaadi nahi ki, main uske liye kisi aur ko dhundlunga." Cabir said and got up.

-----

Mukti, with the help of Zubin, laid the dishes on the dining table. Mukti had covered the dishes with a silk cloth.

"Wow, looks special." Dhruv said.

Zubin snorted and Mukti elbowed him for that. Cabir, impatient and hungry, pulled the cloth away and everyone became silent...due to shock.

"Domino's Pizza. Tune bola tu bana rahi hai khan, tu udhar kaam karti hai kya?" Cabir asked.

Mukti groaned, she knew she would get trolled.

"I tried my best guys. This time, it was the oven!" Zubin said, trying to imitate Mukti.

"I hate you!" Mukti said.

Zubin high fived Cabir and everyone took slices for themselves. Alya and Dhruv reached for the same slice.

"You take it." Dhruv said, pushing it towards Alya.

"No, you take it na!" Alya insisted.

"No, you take it baba. It's okay." Dhruv continued insisting too.

"Arre, you take-"

"Enough you two!" Cabir said and snatched the slice, devouring it.

"Wow, what the hell?" Zubin said, surprised.

"Guys, let's eat!" Mukti said and they ate their extravagant, fancy dinner.

"Guys, iske baad hamare schedules pata nahi kab match honge. I also know it is a Monday night, y'all have work tomorrow, but all of us can take a break, right?" Cabir spoke.

"True. Cheers, guys." Manik said, in a slightly better mood.

Nandini looked at Manik, and this time he actually maintained eye contact. She must have apologized through her eyes a million times, for his eyes actually seemed soft.

After the dinner, Manik approached Mukti, who went to attend a phone call. After ending the call, she turned to find Manik staring at the wall.

"Are you okay?" Mukti asked.

"Huh? Yeah, I am fine. Umm...I am sorry." Manik said.

Mukti nodded and tried to leave but Manik stopped her.

"I really am. It has been a really shitty day. I know I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I am sorry."

Mukti smiled and kept her hand on his shoulder to assure him.

"It's fine yaar. Itna sorry mat bol. We have bad days."

"It has been an exceptionally bad one."

"And you know it will get better when you talk to Nandini. From what I saw, she probably effed up. And she looks sorry. Just talk to her." Mukti advised.

Manik nodded and left the room.

-----

It was 1 AM, when their get-together came to an end.

"I'll miss y'all! Alya, you better move back." Mukti warned.

"I know, right? This was fun!" Nandini said, hugging Alya.

"You two! Yes, I'll come back after wrapping up everything. It will take a couple of months though. After that, we girls will go for a girls' trip." Alya suggested.

"That's actually great. We'll see. Miss you and love you." Everyone hugged Alya as she was leaving for Delhi the next day.

Downstairs-

Manik, Cabir, Dhruv, Alya and Nandini reached the parking lot and looked at each other.

"So how are we going home?"

"Don't tell me you guys didn't bring your cars." Manik groaned.

"We didn't." Alya said, grinning.

"Fine. Baitho sab. Useless people." Manik said and everyone got into the car.

Cabir deliberately sat behind, with Alya and Dhruv, so Nandini ended up sitting in front. The ride was silent as Manik dropped each one off. Finally only Nandini was left to be dropped. The silence became awkward.

"Take a U-turn." Nandini said.

"Huh?"

"Take the u-turn ahead Manik."

"Your house is that way."

"Your house is not."

"Obviously. Are you tripping?" Manik snapped.

"Just go to your house. I am coming with you." Nandini declared.

"And who said you are?"

"I am."

Manik opened his mouth to say something but Nandini's grim face made him want to obey what she said.

"Fine. If you get in trouble with Chacha, I won't take the blame."

"You don't have to. They think I am staying with Alya." Nandini said. Manik raised his eyebrows.

"Nandini-"

"Let's talk at home, please, Manik." Nandini sounded tired.

Manik shut up and kept driving. Nandini enjoyed the midnight breeze as Manik drove.

----

Alya was washing her face when her phone pinged.

*Open the door, I am outside*

Alya quickly rinsed her face and ran to the door.

"You came!"

"I couldn't say goodbye like that."

"Aww, Dhruv!" Alya hugged him.

"Andar aa jaun?" Dhruv asked.

"Oh yes, please do." Alya let him in.

They walked to her bedroom.

"Alya...are you serious about coming back to Mumbai?"

"Dead serious. But I have to talk to Bhai. He was talking about selling this house ...I don't want him to."

"Right..." Dhruv said. He waited for her to complete her night routine.

"Main tumhe aise hi nahi jaane de sakta...last time jab tum jab Delhi ke liye nikli, mujhe bohot bura laga...but main chahta tha that you move on, you deserved better."

"Shh, don't focus on the past, Dhruv. I have made peace with it." Alya said.

She remembered her years of therapy, where she tried hard to move on from her bad relationships. Perhaps they have a better chance to work on themselves the second time.

Dhruv placed a soft kiss on her lips which she reciprocated. Soon they got lost in the passion, as the night progressed. It was going to be a goodbye, until next time.

-----

Manik tossed the keys into the key bowl and removed his shoes. Nandini took off her coat and placed it on the chair.

"Manik, can we change into our pajamas? I am really uncomfortable." Nandini spoke timidly.

"Yeah cool." Manik said.

He then remembered she was on her periods. A wave of guilt hit him, as he had been rude to her, especially when she was down. He went to his wardrobe and took a bag out.

"Here you go." Manik said, passing it to her.

Nandini looked inside. It had all the sanitary care products. She didn't know Manik had all that.

"I...thanks, Manik." Nandini said genuinely and went into the washroom.

Manik looked for a hot water bag. He luckily found one. He heated some water for the bag and filled the bag.

Nandini came out wearing her camisole and pants. Manik was changing.

"Kitchen main hot water bag hai. Le lo." Manik said, wearing his shirt.

Nandini smiled as Manik always cared even when he was mad at her. That was true love.

Finally they settled on the bed, with Nandini placing the bag over her stomach. Manik closed his eyes and leaned on the backrest of the bed.

"Uss din Madhyam ne mujhe institute se pick up kiya kyunki Guruji ne usko duty diya tha. Delhi is not really safe na." Nandini began narrating.

"Madhyam se toh nahi bachi na." Manik taunted.

"Manik, can you not do that?" Nandini asked. Manik shrugged his shoulders.

"Anyway, uss din, usne mujhse kaha, ki restaurant chalte hai kyon ki akhri din tha mera vaha. Maine haan bol diya. Phir vo mujhe ek restaurant le gaya, kaafi posh tha vo."

"Obviously. Patana tha saale ko." Manik added. Nandini ignored him.

"Sab normal tha...phir vo weird behave karne laga." Manik started paying more attention to her.

"I think I asked him about his future plans and he was very vague. Somehow he started talking about how he loved me in school."

Manik took a deep breath. He had tried so many times to make Nandini understand that.

"And then he said how he was perfect for me and that was the moment I got lost...I don't remember what he said next. I just ran out of the restaurant. I bashed him for even thinking about me like that, and how I love you, and only you." Nandini completed.

Manik felt a strange feeling of peace after hearing her. A weight was lifted off him.

"I was angry, Manik. I was angry on myself for being stupid, for not listening to you, for ignoring Madhyam's feelings."

Manik thought that he would feel happy when Nandini realized her stupidity but when she actually did, he felt bad.

"Manik, I couldn't give a shit about Madhyam...but at the end of the day, his family has helped me to make me what I am today, his family is not at fault. I didn't tell you because it wouldn't have taken even one second for you to bring down Uncle's company." Nandini said. Damn right he would. She knew him too well.

"Aisa nahi tha ki mujhe nahi pata tum upset nahi hoge. And you have full right to."

"Nandini..."

"Lekin yeh situation kitna tough hai mere liye...agar Guruji ko yeh pata chal jaata...aur mere career pe asar padta, I would never forgive myself."

"I wouldn't either." Manik replied, in a low voice.

"I know...that is exactly why I didn't tell you. Little did I know that idiot would do that."

Manik smiled and looked at Nandini.

"Welcome to Madhyam Singhania hate club." Manik said.

"Thank you." Nandini replied.

"Listen...let's just move on from this." Manik said. He was desperate for things to get better.

"Tum aise hi bol rahe ho ya phir you really mean it?" Nandini asked.

"Of course I am upset, and I have the right to. Our relationship is based on trust. And we swore to each other not to keep secrets. Such secrets I mean."

"I know...I am sorry."

"Nandini...maine socha is baare main. Mujhe bura nahi lagta itna, agar tum bataati...lekin Madhyam se pata chala mujhe. Issi baat ka gussa hai mujhe."

"Main woh samajh gayi. I'll never do this again. I am really sorry Manik."

"It's okay...I don't feel any better because of your constant apologies...you were already not well and then today's incidents. I am sorry too." Manik said.

"It's okay na. Don't be." Nandini inched closer to Manik and wrapped her hands around Manik.

"I love you." Nandini said, cuddling with him.

"Love you too." Manik said, kissing her head.

-----
Author's note -
They kissed and made up!!

Next chapter - Celebration time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 936 13
Another fiction on MANAN. Hope you guys will like it. Story based on common baseline of a movie. But changes will be made accordingly to the charact...
Mr & Mrs By Tara

Fanfiction

5.4K 701 11
A newly married couple. One of them was not ready for the marriage. And other one was falling for the first one. Now what will happen when one wants...
1.1M 108K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...
300K 29.2K 46
He is 25, she is 22... He is a Navy officer, she is a baker by profession... He is tall & handsome, she is short & pretty... He is calm & quiet, she...