Selfish

By KrazyKC

Book #1 of The De'Sacra Series When 22 year old Kya De'Sacra gets signed by Elite modeling she has to move to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Selfless

Chapter 21

7.3K 328 165
By KrazyKC

Friday August 20th

My alarm goes off waking me up. Aurora groans and rolls off of me pressing her cheek against her pillow, her eyes remain closed. I cut off the alarm.

I turn on my side to face Aurora. "I'm gonna cook breakfast today. What do you want?"

"Whatever is fine." She mumbles with her eyes still closed.

I stand up and stretch but she's still in bed which is weird because she always gets up with me. "You're not getting up?"

"Give me a minute." She says irritably.

I frown at her attitude but don't say anything. I leave the room and go to Ari's. I find Ari laying in bed wide awake. She looks that me and gets up with a smile.

"Good morning princesa." I smile.

"Good morning."

"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask her as I pick her up. I start walking use to the kitchen.

"Ice cream!" She sings.

"I don't think mommy would be too happy about that."

"Don't tell her." She whispers.

I chuckle and kiss her cheek. "I can take you for ice cream tomorrow. What's something we can make for breakfast?" I sit her on the kitchen counter.

"I liked the bread with avocados, tomatoes, and eggs remember?" Im kinda surprised she knows the ingredients.

I smile. "Yeah, we can make that. Are you gonna help?"

She nods.

I get out the ingredients we need and we start making it. When we finish I start the coffee for Aurora and set out a plate for her. Then I put Ari in her chair and we eat. A few minutes after we've started eating Aurora comes in.

"Look who's finally up." I smile.

She smiles and her eyes go to the food and her hand immediately goes to her mouth as she bolts for the kitchen trash can and starts throwing up. The food that was in my mouth is now on my plate. Nice.

I set my fork down and go to her.

"Are you ok?" Is she sick? I know she likes that stuff because she ate it before.

Instead of answering she starts crying. Like sobbing.

I frown. "Why are you crying?" Although very confused I hug her and rub her back.

"I-I'm going to have to brush my teeth again." She leans back wiping at her eyes.

Once I process what she said to make sure I heard right I laugh. "You're crying because you have to brush your teeth again?" Why did she brush them before she ate anyway?

She leans back, with tears still spilling down her cheeks and starts giggling.

I lean back giving her weird look and my hands go to her waist. "Are you ok?" I ask again.

"No." She starts sobbing again. I'm seriously concerned.

"I-I think I might be pregnant."  She says quietly.

My eyes widen. That was so random. "Why would you think that?"

She sniffles. "My head hurts, I just threw up and I-I'm upset for no reason. When I was pregnant with Ari I felt like this."

"If you are it's ok." I try to comfort her.

"I don't wanna be pregnant right now." Tears continue to leak from her pretty blue eyes, breaking my heart, I don't like to see her sad.

"We don't have to keep it." I suggest even though I know she said she wouldn't get an abortion.

"But I don't want to kill our baby."

"It wouldn't be a baby yet."

"But It would be eventually." She sniffles.

I sigh. "We don't even know if you are for sure, I can go buy you a pregnancy test."

"Thank you." I want to kiss her but I remember she just threw up so I kiss her forehead.

"Now be a big girl and go brush your teeth so I can kiss you properly." I tease.

She chuckles and lightly punches me on the shoulder. "Shut up. Make sure you get three."

"I'll go get them in a bit." I smile but deep down I'm scared. What if she is pregnant? Is she gonna come out and tell her parents? I hope so. Am I even ready for another kid I've barely had time with Ari?

After she gets done brushing her teeth I kiss her and we eat. Then I exercise and take a shower. I throw on a white fitted crop top and some holy jeans with some white converses.

Using my GPS to find a store I leave and buy the tests. When I come back I hand her the bag and she gets up and goes to the bathroom me behind her. She stops me from coming into the bathroom with her.

"I prefer to pee without you watching." She chuckles and closes the door before I can say anything.

I wait nervously on the other side of door until she opens it again a minute later.

"So?" I wait for an answer.

"You have to wait 5 minutes."

"Oh." How convenient.

We sit in the living room for 5 minutes before going to the bathroom. I watch her look at them and she curses under her breath before looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"I'm pregnant."

Shit. The pill obviously didn't work.

"What am I going to tell my parents?" She says. Of course that's what she's worried about.

I frown. "Umm the truth." I state the obvious.

A tear leaks from her eye when she blinks. "They're gonna hate me."

I put my hands on her waist. "You might be surprised. They accepted that you were pregnant with Ari when you claimed you didn't know her dad."

She gives me a humorless expression. "My dad thinks he's better than you because he's white I doubt he's fond of gay people."

"Why do you even care about his opinion? He's an asshole."

"He's my dad." She says as if it's obvious.

"Parents are supposed to love their kids no matter what. Wouldn't you love Ari no matter what?"

She looks at the ground. "Yeah." She mumbles. "I guess you're right."

She starts crying. "But I know him and my mom are gonna hate me and Ari, especially you." Pretty sure her dad already hates me and I don't give a fuck because the feeling is mutual.

I cup her face in my hands. "You can't live like this forever. They don't matter if they can't accept you. It's stupid that you think you need their approval. Aurora you are grown now, we aren't teenagers anymore, we have a daughter and now your possibly pregnant with our second kid. If our kids mean any less to them because she comes from me then they don't deserve to be called their grandparents."

She sighs. "I know you're right."

"I'll be there with you when you do it. I'll hold your hand the entire time." I grab her hand.

She smiles he blue eyes twinkling. "I'd like that."

"So when will you tell them?"

She sighs. "Elena and her family are coming over next Sunday and I planned on going because my mom doesn't like her and wants me there."

I cringe at the name. Nobody likes that bitch. If there is one person I hate more than Aurora's dad it'd be her sister. She'd always say something like "Is this an orphanage now?" When she saw I was there. Or she'd say something far more offensive.

Their dad didn't seem bothered when Elena would call me a slur or something. Sometimes Aurora's mom would say something to her.

Me and Aurora where 14 while she was in her early twenties. She would talk shit on a child. I don't know how one person could have so much hatred in their heart just because someone is a different skin color than them.

I'm glad Aurora doesn't act like them. She had to unlearn all of that hatred and I'm proud of her.

"So you're going to tell them while she's there?" I smile amused.

She shrugs. "She'll find out anyway. Besides we usually end up arguing when she comes over and I'm there. Her twins  act like animals-"

"Mommy! Where are you?!" We hear Ari outside of the room.

Aurora frowns as she hurriedly opens the bathroom door and leaves. I follow behind her.

Ari has her head poked into Aurora's room.

"I'm right here." She says to Ari.

Ari turns around and runs to her.

"What you doing?" She asks her little green eyes wide with curiosity.

Aurora picks her up. "Me and Kya were talking." She walks out with her and I follow behind them.

"In the bathroom?" She frowns.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Umm, Kya had to poop." Ari looks at me and starts giggling uncontrollably. "You poopy."

Aurora looks at me with an amused smile. Wow. She couldn't just say it was her or that we were brushing our teeth. We get into the living room and I look at the clock on the wall. I'm gonna be late. Nice.

"I gotta go to work." I look at Aurora as she takes a seat on the couch with Ari.

She frowns.

I go to them and give Ari a kiss on the cheek and then I kiss Aurora.

"I love you both very much."

"We love you too." Aurora smiles and I leave.

****

"Why are you late?" Deven stops me and asks with genuine interest.

"Uhh, I slept late." I give him a sad smile to make it more believable.

"Oh. Happens to the best of us." He walks off.

I expected him to tell me not to let it happen again.

As I'm walking to my dressing room Stella stops me. "You're gonna tell us the real reason you were late."

I give her a confused look. "I slept late."

She glares and hums skeptically before walking off, leaving me in front of my dressing room.

I go in and put the black lingerie waiting for me on after putting my ring on the dresser. I keep my phone with me and I go to the makeup room where Destiny and Stella are waiting for me. Stella has a big ass smile on he face as I take a seat in the chair.

"So spill. This is a safe space." She says as she grabs the make up.

I hold back a scoff. I bet if I told her the entire studio would know before the day ends. Now I know Destiny can keep a secret.

"What is she talking about?" Destiny asks.

"You tell me." I hold back a smile.

Stella blows in defeat. "Whatever, you're no fun." Stella says.

I smirk putting my attention back on my phone. Aurora would say otherwise.

"Who's that little girl on your phone?" Stella casually asks. "I notice you keep her as your background."

"Why are you so nosy?" Destiny chuckles as she fixes my hair.

I don't see a reason not to tell them. "She's my daughter."

"What?" They both say at the same time.

"She's my daughter." I repeat. Is it that surprising.

"Like biological?" Stella asks.

"Yep."

I see her and Destiny looking at each other when I look in the mirror. "You can have kid's?"

"Yep."

"You're just now telling us this?" Destiny asks.

"Yeah you never asked."

"So your daughter has to biological moms or?" Stella sounds confused.

I hum.

"Lucky kid." She says. "Do you have anymore pictures?"

"Yeah." I open more pictures and while they get me ready I show them all the pictures I have of Ari, except for the ones with Aurora.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 3.6K 85
A girl with a psychotic ex and a terrible abuse finds someone new. One and only Anna Shumate. Ex gets jealous and tries to convince Katelyn to come b...
98.6K 3.6K 21
When Quinn, 37, gets assigned as the new bodyguard of Nia Nazari, 22 year old daughter of a billionaire, she is less than excited. Little does she kn...
128K 8.1K 76
Amber hasn't had a good few years. Her father passed away four years ago, on her birthday, and she's been picked on ever since by some horrid bullies...
38.2K 922 13
" 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞" 𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍 Laura Ho...